As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

another bitching thread I'M GOING THROUGH A ROUGH TIME OKAY

• Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote:
    Melding wrote: »
    i don't know how to send height.

Ask Wiet, the Dutch have to know how considering how tall they are.

I bet we could make a killing exporting height.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Netherlands: New World Superpower.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Orik is panicking?!

This simply will not do!

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i'm like, 5'9 five ten, somewhere around there. It doesn't suit my needs. you know? it's not that i'm dissatisfied with my height, i just don't need it. not tall enough to reach high shelves, too tall to get low shelves. it's just unnecessary.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I was 6'2" then back injury now I'm 6'1"

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I'm about in your range, Melding. I like my height generally but having to duck under low-hanging branches does get annoying sometimes.

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    So I sort of implied I would go to a friend's show at this bar not too far away from me

But now I am getting nervous

I don't really want to go alone and I can't find anyone else to go with me

I am thinking of texting that lady I was ladying around with about it but I really don't know and I am worried that rejection will just get me all screwed up in my head bits and then I won't go at all

But I mean I might maybe not go at all anyways because I'm nervous

• Options
    It's not a bad height, but it's right in the range where there are only disadvantages, and it's only advantage is not standing out by your height.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    yeah i'm kinda slouchy and then people get surprised when stand i up fully. i should probably work on my posture.

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    5ft 10in is pretty great.

• Options
    Yukira, i would trade heights with you.

You would enjoy my height more then i would.

• Options
    CG FaggotryCG Faggotry BristolRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, by these comments, it seems that my 5ft 11 is optimum.

CG Faggotry on
    bulbesssigfinal.jpg
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Hi there bitch thread.

My grandfather died last week, right before Christmas. It devastated a good portion of my mom's family and meant I had to get a flight back to Boston on very short notice at the busiest travel season of the year.

The family member he was closest to (barring grandma of course) was my younger cousin Frankie. Frankie recently took a bullet fragment to the face in Afganistan when his unit was ambushed and all the men thankfully survived. I was looking forward to him so much because I'm worried about him but of course the military couldn't let him come home a week early to attend the funeral so that sucked too.

Finally, I was so out-of-sorts when I booked my flight that I accidentally set my return trip for February instead of December and had to pay $150 to correct it plus $180 for the difference in ticket price. I feel like the airline just made me its prison wife.

I am in bad need of a lift in spirits.

:(

probably not as good as what @joeuser could produce, but I tried!
    v9lQa.jpg
    FU46pl.jpg
    aVii4l.jpg

skettios on
  • Options
    I wish I were an even 6' though. My best friend is, despite me having had the height advantage through most of our childhood. He shot up right at the end, like a cheater.

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Melding wrote:

I'm 5'10".

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote:
    So I sort of implied I would go to a friend's show at this bar not too far away from me

I am thinking of texting that lady I was ladying around with about it but I really don't know and I am worried that rejection will just get me all screwed up in my head bits and then I won't go at all

i'll go but you have to buy my drinks and pay my cover

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote:

i'll go but you have to buy my drinks and pay my cover

Yeah sure get over here

You can stay the night or whatever

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    oh my!

• Options
    I wish I were an even 6' though. My best friend is, despite me having had the height advantage through most of our childhood. He shot up right at the end, like a cheater.

first of mine in grade school was shorter then me all through grade school, and most of high school, didn't see him for a while, he's six one now.

Another friend, same thing, except he was close to my height and then one day he's 6'5 and what the fuck? his dad and mother are both shorter then me. How did this happen?

• Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    Melding wrote:

I'm 5'10".

Really? i remember you claiming to be shorter.

• Options
    Melding wrote:
    Yukira wrote: »
    Melding wrote:

I'm 5'10".

Really? i remember you claiming to be shorter.

Nooooope. I have mentioned that Sier is shorter than me.

• Options
    in other news, livejournal thread

girl who i have.. something of a history with now has my artwork on her body

not sure how i feel about this

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    I love being this tall.

Yes, puny short people. Cower. COWER.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular

hope it's not signed artwork

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm 5'6"

Whatevs!

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    I'm 5'6"

Whatevs!

I'm 5'6 and a half

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Couple of certified shorties in here.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Being short rules. I fit on buses, airplanes, in cupboards, tiny European cars, wherever.

Edit: although I guess at 5'8'' I'm practically a giant.

Peen on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Hey Peen are you gonna go to Dirty Frank's with me, @The Lovely Bastard and @Depressperado ?

• Options
    Remind me, you're going on the 21st right? But when?

• Options
    Dichotomy wrote:

hope it's not signed artwork

nah

I'm not short but I am very skinny, so I can fit into small spaces, like dryers.

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    oh I dunno

Sometime that day/night

details

• Options
    LinksvilleLinksville Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Oi. My fucking jaw hurts like a motherfucker. It's going to suck ass when the other wisdom teeth get removed.

EDIT That being said, my girlfriend will be spending the next three days helping me out and such. So that's good.

Linksville on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    could I have some tall please

I mean as long as people are giving it away

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i am 6'4"

it

is a height

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Yes hello is this the bitching thread

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    RedZeroRedZero Registered User regular
    Can I bitch? I wanna bitch.

I just packed up all my stuff and drove across the US to relocate to California in hopes of finding a better job, be closer to my family and get my shit in order (a long-overdue and very needed change). Leaving all my friends behind was stressful enough, but now the universe has decided now would be a great time to give me absolutely incapacitating migraines at a moments notice. First hit when cycling with my dad (hit a steep hill and almost blacked out from pain), the second hit yesterday in the shower when I reached down for the shampoo, and the third today when I went to tie my shoes. At this point anything that seems to even slightly raise my blood pressure is enough to induce throbbing pain across the top of my skull. Not sure if it's related to suddenly and drastically cutting back my smoking and drinking (part of that whole "getting my shit together" bit mentioned above), but damn if it doesn't suck.

Also, TankHammer, that sucks about the airlines, and doubly so in that situation. Best wishes.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I'm pretty happy with my height. I'm tall for a girl.

Almost 5'8"

• Options
    Keith wrote:
    oh I dunno

Sometime that day/night

details

So yeah? I'm down to go, I just need to know when. I've got a grown-ass life which means I need to know these things. My lady's a planner, everything's gotta be planned and whatever.

This discussion has been closed.