Options

What are you making? [Artsy farts and craftsy asses]

19495969798100»

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'd imagine using a coping saw extremely carefully and then sanding the edges would do it

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Hey crafty peeps I need to cut some plastic and would like your advice.

Basically I'd like to cut my coffee grinder down to size so it can squeeze under the bench. What'll be the best way to cut it down to size?

(here is a photo for reference)
    [img][/img]7E42D7AC-0491-4E4B-B25D-ACADA410FACF_zpsrrzn6grh.jpg

Try some blunt, but true criticisms about its failings as an appliance. Really dig deep, try to find something that will hurt.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I'd imagine using a coping saw extremely carefully and then sanding the edges would do it

Short of access to a decent bandsaw, this is probably your best bet?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    If you don't have access to a saw, perhaps a retractable utility knife? Set so just the last few millimeters of the blade are exposed.

I'd draw a line a few centimeters from the top of the funnel, and invert the grinder on a table. Then carefully trace it with the tip of the blade, applying firm and consistent pressure as you make you way around. It will probably take a few trips around the circumference to cut all the way through.

I am not a mechanic or carpenter though so this could be a terrible idea. I'm just thinking how I'd do it at first glance.

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    did some work in silver this past week

PMAiZCI.jpg

ll2leWK.jpg

it's my girlfriend's birthday tomorrow, so i got it in my head to make her a sterling ring. these started out as 9 gauge sheet that i cut into slivers and bent around a mandrel. i learned a lot during this project, mostly ways to make it quicker to make good rings, but also that i really don't like working silver. it's a pain in the ass!

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
This discussion has been closed.