Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Poké] Voltage: A No, No, No Sort Of Thing

17374757678

Posts

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    ~Cobalt Encampment~ :whistle:

    "Well," Conroy begins, seemingly mollified by Kaziki's matter-of-fact explanation of his homeland. "This is the story of how a Chief of Cobalt betrayed the most important principle of our people, and failed to offer proper hospitality to travelers in need. We do not tell this one to outsiders lightly," he slaps his thigh, sharply. "Remember it!"

    The Nine Who Saved Three

    That summer, we fought. The invaders from the south in bright armor and painted shields. Their spears like a forest of branchless trees. their swords long and sharp. But the people of Cobalt are wise and clever and strong. To a standstill we fought them, to a retreat we drove them back.

    The Chief Dimitri, Son of Mateus, of the clan Szymon, of Hazewind Settlement, stumbled upon a group of ten fighting men, a woman, and a boy child, who had traveled from the east. These they surrounded, Chief Dimitri and his warparty, and he spoke to them.

    "You there! We outnumber you greatly, and strong fighters are our Pokemon and we! There is honor in avoiding bloodshed, we will escort you back to your land!"

    To his surprise, the woman in the group replied:

    "We have no home to return to, we must pass through. Our lives depend on this, and we ask your forebearance."

    The chief, thinking himself clever, believed her words a trick. The lie of a foe hiding their violence with polite words as an Ekans hides its venom in the tall grass, waiting for the unwary foot.

    He saw that their supplies were poor, insufficient to go any distance through the marshes of Cobalt on their own merits. He challenged her:

    "This land is sacred, we are guardians of an ancient trust! You may pass, but you may not take fruit, vegetable, nor animal. Not nut, sprout, or leaf shall you take as you pass through. If you agree to this, you shall be allowed to pass. If you fail in this, you shall be struck down!"

    The Chief was surprised once more, as the woman replied:

    "We respect your deity, and your ways. Your rules will be followed."

    The Chief had expected the woman and her group to refuse, and yet she agreed. Anger swelled in the Chief's breast. She was lying yet still, giving false word to gain access to their land. Thinking himself clever, he came up with a plan.

    To allow the group passage, and follow behind, waiting for the moment they betrayed their purpose, or sought to take sustenance from their surroundings. At that moment he and his warriors would fall upon them, earning tattoos of bravery and victory for their trouble.

    And so the Chief allowed them to pass, and behind them, they followed.

    Conroy gives the two trainers a glance, dropping out of his strangely mesmerizing storytelling voice to take a sip of tea. "My grandfather told me this story," he mentions, solemnly. "I continue."

    Days the Chief followed them, and they took neither fruit, vegetable, nor animal. Not nut, sprout, or leaf. Their Pokemon grew drawn with hunger, but such spirits can stand such deprivations. The men, woman, and child, however, could not.

    "They take nothing!" the Chief's scouts argued. "They will soon die!"

    "This is a trick," the Chief told them, prideful and stubborn. "We will follow them."

    Days the Chief followed them, and they took neither fruit, vegetable, nor animal. Not nut, sprout, or leaf. Their supplies dwindled, and they were dying. A scout arrived to the Chief's tent the next morning, tears in his eyes and the marks of contrition on his arms.

    "They are gone!" he cried. "They are like ghosts! We will be judged!"

    "This is a trick," the Chief told him. "We will find them."

    Days they searched, but those they sought were like ghosts. Like ghosts, but they died as men. One by one, the Chief's men found them, their remains buried in the earth and marked with stones.

    The Chief's heart was like ice, his men frenzied with fear.

    "They are dead men. Dead men all of them, and yet they walk," they cried.

    "We will find them," the Chief said. "We will make things right. We will not be judged."

    Days they chased, and each day they found another stone marking the fallen. Nine days they ran, and nine stones they found.

    After nine days, they reached the edge of their homeland, the edge of Cobalt Springs. They saw the signs of one man, one woman, one child, taking sustenance from the land beyond.

    The Chief collapsed to his knees. "I have failed," he cried. And he and his men were judged.

    "This is a true story," Conroy insists. "The nine stones can be found leading from east to west across Cobalt springs. We have a ritual, in the summer, where a relay is run from stone to stone by ten strong men and women, escorting a couple from their Settlement. It is a great honor to complete it, though very few manage it each year."

    "I ask then, what did those people flee, from the east? That each day one man would give up his food and water to the others? That nine should die to save three?"

    "They shamed us, those twelve people, nine of whom we killed in our pride. So, evermore are we are diligent in our hospitality. That the Lord of Rivers might not judge us." He slaps his thigh, softly.

    "Remember it."

    Marshmallow on
    NeoToma
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I wonder what the alternate universe version of this scene with Toshi, Lunatone and Giratina looks like

  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Two Gods and an Bard enter a room, diametrically opposed, foes.
    They emerge with a compromise having opened doors that were previous closed, Bros.

    THE IDIOT - [Twilight Knight of the Rapid Evening] 6/6
    [ PKMN ] [Newly Sharpened Kunais]
    Iktomi | Fenrir | Roscoe | Lord Kai'ckul, of the Rapid Evening
    ~The Room Where it Happens~


    Lady Dream's rebuff cuts at the bard at the speed of thought. The Fool Who Tried to Chain the Sun felt different. His mind grows darker and he stumbles backwards into the Sacrifice's pose. Looking up he see himself holding the knife obsidian somehow gleaming in this darkness. In the sky he saw his nightmare. He saw each realities and which he dies. The best part? the real dark type cruel twist. Each of them had a real clever plan for how they we're gonna get out of this. None of them did. Can't just be clever forever. The Rapid Evening comes for all.

    Each variable to be accounted for. Every answer, every quip, ever move. Perfection. While correct the prismatic were a problem...but have you considered...well maybe....

    The Lady did him a favor if she knew it or not. Because the Fool can do certain things a Bard cannot.
    He can act. He makes a choice. He is willing to be wrong.

    "True, action without vision is chaos....but what good is vision without action?"
    NeoToma wrote: »
    The Daring, Makai.
    The Deceiver, Iktomi. Envy
    The Demon, Fenrir. Wrath
    The Devourer, Roscoe. Gluttonny
    The Daring Doom, Lord Kai'ckul. Pride.
    The Divine Detachment, Lady Calypso. SLOTH

    "I can no more excise myself of Lord Kai'ckul than I can excise myself of my own ambition, my own brashness, and endless all consuming need for attention."

    "But."

    "I also can't abandon the part of me that wants to just sit around patting myself on the back at my own perfect cleverness. The loves ideas. That dreams big.The Kai'ckuls aren't going to give up because their plan isn't perfect. Because they know living the same day over and over again is cowardice dressed up as pragmatism."

    An truth a crystal ball can be perfect, protected, pristine. But it can't change the world like this. And humans don't have the eternity to ruminate on it.

    When you got skin in the game, you stay in the game
    But you don’t get a win unless you play in the game
    Oh, you get love for it. You get hate for it
    You get nothing if you…

    "If I have to bet on the future, I'm betting on this! I'm betting on humanity! That for all our messy garbage it's impossible to interact with people and not leave changed. We're highly infectious." Makai smiles. "When people converse things get better. You are our Fury. You are our Patience. We are the Conversation."

    You gotta admit this here yelling about this dude feels way better than just idly waiting for
    "And uh, if you don't like me, that's cool. Lots of folks don't! (THAT'S A LIE ACTUALLY, I'M PERFECT SORRY NOT SORRY) Maybe travel with someone else on my team. I'm not too proud to admit they'll all better than me and I'd be lost without them."


    Pokemon Drive Edition v Pokemon Dream Edition

    NeoToma on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    ~Ducky and Fenrir's Bizarre Adventure~ :whistle:


    Are psychics always so heavy. The houndour thinks as he struggles to stand.

    Houndour2.png " Yes! Yes! Awesome! Hell Yes!" He barks loudly. The idea of a pack leveling their violence in perfect tandem ignited something in Fenrir. And he takes off running at full tilt.

    HoundourRight.png"Hmmp, you fight? what... what you thinking we could do?"

  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Also thread i should ask do you guys have any idea what i should be doing in my dream battle? Anytgibg big im missing

  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I'm not sure there's one single way that scene had to (past) or has to (future) go. You could have gone with sacrifice instead of priesthood (spending some physique to grant life force?), you could have maybe taken a more standoffish approach to him (which would be kinda risky but possibly nonfatal in dreamland), but those decisions wouldn't be necessarily better or worse than the ones Makai made and the ones made are probably more Makai. I dunno about what you could do about Cressy to get them work together.

    A good thing to do when stuck, especially with stakes like these, would be to consider spending resources. Knowledge tokens might suggest courses of action or get details on things already known (maybe some Solrock psychology on why he needs worship so much?), network tokens might be used to mollify one of the two pokemon (can't think of a way to positively influence one without pissing off the other myself, might be worth it to stay in relatively good graces with Cressy if that's something Makai cares about).

    Another option is tabling things for now, Makai is in a good position to do that with Solrock trapped in the apricorn and having successfully identified its Need. Especially cause pokemon can perceive their surroundings from their apricorn in the setting; As Makai advances his own fame Solrock might be willing to be more malleable in order to get in on that (just don't call him out on doing that, haha). There's also the tried and true find some kinda sage to impart legendary wisdom sidequest I guess. Also we'll run into more legends, possibly ones that Makai won't be as worried of putting Solrock in touch with as the Lady of Cinders.

    Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Elise Corbeau - [Social Knight] - 3/4
    [PKMN]
    [Shieldmaiden] [Carapace Brigandine] [Cobalt Springs Tradition] [Lay of the Land]

    ~Ducky & Fenrir's Bizarre Adventure~ :whistle:

    psyaduck.png Combine... water...dark

    psyaduck.png ...psychic...fire

    psyaduck.png ...or? Let me show you.


    A swell of water forms around the pair, surrounding but not touching the duo.

    Swirling Sharpedo Strike: Crunch + Waterfall

    Ducky points Fenrir towards a chargeable log, closing his eyes and riding blind.

    Dunsparse Double Dash: Flame Tackle + Zen Headbutt

    Ducky concentrates, and a sinkhole appears in the ground in front of them, the Duck motioning to circle around.

    Palossand Peril: Dragon Rage + Mud Bomb


    Potentially relevant might be the signature move mechanic lying in the Ye Olde GM Sanctum. Or Ducky + Fenrir can just pick some move(s) they like to use together with no special rules required. I'm not in any hurry to spend more EXP on Ducky learning moves myself, but would in the name of narrative coolness.

    Neo, I believe you said you might have Fenrir pick up some new moves? Fenrir could suggest some combos Ducky might have missed, or some combos with new moves you want to pick up.

    Rawkking Goodguy on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Ducky & Fenrir's Bizarre adventure - [Sol Shaman] 6/6
    [ PKMN ] [Newly Sharpened Kunais]
    Iktomi | Fenrir | Roscoe | Lord Kai'ckul
    ~COMBO ATTACKS~


    MOVES BEING CONSIDERED

    Taunt [Special/Dark/Covering]
    Howl [Status/Dark/Reserve]
    Skull Bash [Physical/Normal/Powerful]
    Roar [Special/Dark/Powerful]
    Rage [Physical/Normal/Boosting Attack]
    Pursuit [Physical/Dark/Offensive & Testing]
    This Signature Move costs 1 Voltage to activate. User uses pack tactics to corral a fleeing enemy while searching out weak points.
    Fire Blast [Special/Fire/Powerful & Finisher]
    This Signature Move costs 1 Voltage to activate. The User creates a devastating blast of flame, simultaneously blowing the target away and tearing through their crippled defenses.


    NeoToma on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Secret Power (Physical / Normal / Testing) + Pursuit (Physical / Dark / Offensive & Testing)
    Sticking with the detective theme, this is combining their powers to get a lot of information about their foe. It has good coverage since resist Dark & Physic seems like a rare combo.

    Howl (Special/Dark/Focus) or Nasty Plot[Status+Dark+ Boosting (Special Attack)] + Psych Up (Status / Psychic / Mirroring (Boosting)
    Probably the most munchkin thing, Fenrir howls and Ducky copies the boost. Good time for anime speeches and one liners before a final attack.

    Fire Fang (Physical/Fire/Mobile) + ????
    I think one of the things this could do is give ducky some mobility. and I also like fire fang as a running around the battle field and just randomly biting at someone and running off.

    Will-O-Wisp (Random / Fire / Random)


    On top of all that I'd be down if their powers interact in weird ways. like maybe duck can wield shadows like water, and the attack still is water type, but it's water that doesn't hurt fenrir. Or if you ever wanna add like weird colored psionic flames or ominous effects into attacks, feel free.

    Also there has to be a Foul Play/Fowl Play move here somewhere

  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    If Ducky ever gets Surf, Fenrir is going going to ride him like a surfboard full banjo kazooie
    7.15.14-Dog-Surfing-Contest-held-in-Southern-California3.jpg

    NeoToma on
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Tanaka, Gigen & Numel |PKMN|
    [Bell Bonze] ~ [Shakuhachi] ~ [Badling of Lotad] - [Well Supplied] ~ Volt: 4

    Tanaka nods his head. "It speaks well of your people that they changed their ways, even if it took a tragedy to get them to do it.'

    The monk refills his cup.

    "Oh, yeah." He re-notices the kid with the spooky sword. "I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Tanaka, and my companion's named Gigen," He points off at the gremlin, who is currently trying to catch as many dragonflies as he can.

    "We're adventurers." He extends his and to the new-comer.

    Shock G on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    ~???~ :whistle:

    "Believe what you must, to justify your situation," Calypso remarks coldly, as smoke-like shadows begin to creep up the sides of the pyramid.

    "Just remember, I warned you." The darkness continues to encroach upwards, caustic and threatening as it blackens and pits the stone blocks, before completely enveloping them beyond sight.

    "Now get out."

    The ziggurat disappears in much the same manner as the smoke enveloping it, fading away like mist in the sun, leaving Makai standing in a perfectly groomed field of grass and shrubs, the sound of a stream trickling nearby.

    "GLOOMY BITCH," Kai'ckul psychically intones, hovering above.

    That went well!

    ~Cobalt Encampment~ :whistle:

    The story finished, a few of the other raid members, who had stopped nearby to listen, wander back off to their chores and duties. Conroy shrugs at Tanaka's faint praise, before grabbing a kebabbed fish from the side of the fire pit and taking a bite while the two trainers introduce themselves and their Pokemon.

    Marshmallow on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Ducky & Fenrir's Bizarre Adventure - [Sol Shaman] 6/6 :whistle:
    [ PKMN ] [Newly Sharpened Kunais]
    Iktomi | Fenrir | Roscoe | Lord Kai'ckul
    ~COMBO ATTACKS~

    Ducky points Fenrir towards a chargeable log, closing his eyes and riding blind.

    Dunsparse Double Dash: Flame Tackle + Zen Headbutt
    They charge forth in blind violence. Both sorching the log and sending it flying. Truly exhilarated the Houndour howls in joy.

    Banette's Baleful Bray: Nasty Plot + Psych Up
    The hellshound's enthusiasm is infectious. Much like the Moon borrowing the Sun's shine, Ducky takes Fenrir's malicious mental focus to empower their own abilities.

    Carvanha Chaotic Carnage: Rage + Confusion

    Ducky draws out lingering anger in the air. Fenrir tosses those rage logs into the old Fury Furnace causing his flames grow white hot. Fenrir launches a series of wild unpredictable attacks as Carvanhas made of smoke, ash, and cinders swim through the air in their wake. A swell of water forms around the pair, surrounding but not touching the duo.

    Swirling Sharpedo Strike: Crunch + Waterfall
    The water shapes its self into a Sharpedo racing in front of the pair. Firmly in Fenrir's grasp, a powerful tidal wave strikes the pinned foe.

    Palossand Peril: Dragon Rage + Mud Bomb
    As the log falls into the sink hole, blades made of light blue energy cut the training log to splinters.

    Surging Sapphire Serpent: Dragon Rage + Waterfall
    The water and draconic power in the shinkhole fuse into the form of a raging Gyarados that turns a large stone to rubble.

    Fenrir has learned Rage, Smoke Screen, and the Signature Move Pursuit!
    - 6 Fenrir Exp
    - 1 Trainer Exp


    ~ ????? ~


    "Right?" Makai agrees reactively, at Lord Kai'ckul comment. "Some folks just don't have vision I suppose. Our Organiz- your faith the Rapid Evening is all about advancement and reaching for the stars! Becoming the best you possible. You don't to that hanging in a cave and being a bummer."

    "So, if I'm going to be your priest, win the hearts and minds of followers for you. I'm gonna have to learn about you. See what you're capable of."

    "Kai'ckul! Use Stealth Rock!"

    NeoToma on
    MarshmallowRawkking Goodguy
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    That Rage Move is inspired, can't wait to see it in action.

    ~Cobalt Springs~

    :whistle:

    Kai'ckul stares blankly at the ninja long enough for Makai to perhaps start getting a little uncomfortable.

    Lord Kai'ckul is Uncontrollable...


    Booming laughter echoes in the mind's ear, putting amiable lie to the Solrock's permanently stony expression. "YES," the Meteorite Pokemon agrees. "LET'S SEE."

    The Rapid Evening slowly turns, the sunlight growing harsh and strong as the Solrock exerts its Ancient Power and activates its Drought Ability. The air around the trainer and Pokemon ripples with heat, and Kai'ckul's eyes begin to glow brightly.

    Lord Kai'ckul used Stealth Rock!

    The ground beneath shudders and shakes, great rends plowing through the soil and grass as massive shards of stone tear their way from the depths below. Not content to merely burst upward into the light, the sharpened stones continue until they are hovering a few feet off the ground. Kai'ckul's psych ic laughter continues in earnest as the floating rocks begin to slowly shift with oily, sinuous speed, forming complex patterns best appreciated from above (or far away).

    Pointed stones are floating in the Arena!
    The Arena has become Hazardous (Rock)!


    Makai isn't 100% certain, but it sure does seem like those rocks are slowly closing in on him, and Kai'ckul is definitely watching his handiwork closely and... maliciously.

    Makai is in peril from a Pokemon Attack!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    MarshGMUh.png At this point you may want to spend a Physique token for the "Endure a painful situation" Exploit to escape harm by a method of your choosing. You could also have a friendly Pokemon take the attack for you.

    MarshGMWhisper.png Or you could think of the Stealth Rocks as little stony...

    MarshGMFlowey.png "Friendliness pellets"

    Marshmallow on
    NeoTomaShock G
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    MarshGM2.png But wait, what's this about Hazardous Arenas?

    MarshGM.png A Hazardous Arena is an arena that is, or has become, difficult or dangerous to move around in.

    MarshGM3.png In game terms, shifting into one subjects a Pokemon to a small amount of damage, generally a point or two of Stamina. Rarely, it might inflict some kind of stat damage, or a status such as Trapped or Locked.

    MarshGM.png Depending on the nature of the hazard, it may possess an Elemental Type that lets it interact with Pokemon's Weaknesses and Resistances to deal more or less damage. Also depending on the nature, it may be avoided with certain Pokemon assists. A Pokemon might [Burrow] under Stealth Rocks that can't be avoided by [Flying], or may [Swim] through Treacherous Waters that can't be navigated with [Run]. I'll try to make note of which Assists are useful when they come up, but you can probably rely on your common sense as well.

    MarshGMWhisper.png Trainers can also be subject to Hazardous Arenas, and will use their Trait Exploits as usual to avoid damage, move around freely, and so on and so forth.

    Marshmallow on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Makai isn't 100% certain, but it sure does seem like those rocks are slowly closing in on him, and Kai'ckul is definitely watching his handiwork closely and... maliciously.

    Makai is in peril from a Pokemon Attack!


    "Oh. So its gon' be like that, huh?" Amakusa quips before the commercial break.

    Lord Kai'ckul, the Rapid Evening, Herald of Doom.:whistle:
    latest?cb=20140905182109
    Special Moves: Meteor Shower, Screaming Heavens, Dead Star Tombstone Hell, Savage Garden


    Makai Amakusa - [Ninja] 6/6
    [ PKMN ] [Newly Sharpened Kunais]
    Iktomi | Fenrir | Roscoe | Lord Kai'ckul
    ~DEAD STAR TOMBSTONE HELL~


    :whistle:
    "Oh. So its gon be like that, huh?"
    "Hey Roscoe watch this. We're gonna learn about dodging."

    The Mantis pokemon's mating dance is storm a furiously swiping blades and danger. Yet they navigate it not through planning or superior vision but through raw instinct. Iktomi doesn't calculate the best optimum path through human geometries. No, she feels the electromagnetism and lets her self be carried by that wave instead of broken by it.

    Drawing out his sharped digging trowels from New Quartz, the ninja dips, dives, and dodges in a death defying dance daggers, allowing him to somehow [Hold His Own Against a Superior Foe]. The kunais allow him to strike the fast moving hot projectiles but are lost/destroyed in the process.

    Makai sacrifices [Newly Sharpened Kunais] to [Lord Kai'ckul] gaining +1 Network!

    Roscoe does his best to try and keep up with Makai's movement but winds up tripping on a rock and rolling head over heels into the meteor storm. Right when the trash pokemon and the hot boulder collide, the trubbish contracts his goop and underneath is new quartz earth, steel, and red rock.As the stone is destroyed by the surprisingly heavy pokemon, the very same pointed stones get stuck to Roscoe's bulk.

    Roscoe learns Rollout! (Physical/Rock/Boosting(At)) -1 Trainer Exp

    Two stones collide right behind Makai, catching his flowing ninja scarf between two giant finger shaped rocks. The scarf tighten around the cocky ninja's neck jerking him back and into the collision course of two rocks roughly the size of a Rhyhorn. There's a loud crunch to Lord Kai'ckul most likely delight. From a hiding space Makai taunts, "Yeah this a good starter... like training course for Roscoe, you know? Since he doesn't know much of battle? I mean I'm far too Light on my feet to be hindered by something as mundane as this."

    Makai uses Stealthy Approach to hide from Lord Kai'ckul by clinging to the underside of a rock.

    Makai taunts Lord Kai'ckul into using Trick Room!

    NeoToma on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I think Gravity would've been more fun, but I can work with this I guess.

    Also you have one more voltage than you should, Neo. I think you refreshed your Voltage without paying for the Kunais, then used the Kunai to improve your Network Trait. Your Voltage should be 5/5, kthx.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    TheFool.jpg
    To send the flood, to crack the whip
    Do not snatch your feet away, do not turn your back
    Strike even harder!

    ~Cobalt Springs~ :whistle:

    "AT LEAST YOU HAVE SOME TRICKS," Kai'ckul admits grudgingly, glowing eyes scanning the shifting stealth rocks with glee. "A PRIEST WHO CAN'T BACK UP THEIR WORDS WITH ACTIONS IS USELESS, AFTER ALL."

    The Solrock's eyes flicker and flash, the air sizzling as it continues to exert its psychic power. "I WON'T PRETEND I'M NOT A LITTLE IMPRESSED, BUT SOLROCK GIVETH..."

    Kai'ckul used Trick Room!


    The incognito boulders begin to move erratically, skipping and skidding through the air at what appears, at first glance, to be random. Smashing and rebounding off each other like marbles, the Solrock observes its handiwork with eagerness. Even Makai and Roscoe's movements seem to be affected, their limbs reacting with unaccustomed agility and weight.

    The Arena is subject to a Bizarre Aura!

    "...AND SOLROCK TAKETH AWAY," Kai'ckul continues, smugly. "WHAT DO YOU KIDS SAY THESE DAYS? 'DODGE THIS'?"

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MarshGM.png In the unlikely event a player Pokemon ever gets access to something like Ancient Power, I'll have to specifically disallow Status Category Moves. This is a little ridiculous.

    Marshmallow on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Right gotcha
    Makai Amakusa - [Ninja] 5/5
    PKMN | Iktomi | Fenrir | Roscoe | Lord Kai'ckul
    ~Bizzaro Boulder Bullet Beatdown ~


    Makai leaps expecting he will be fighting super gravity, but instead finds himself floating slow motion in the the field of rocks. With rocks heading at him from all angles. "Iktomi! Roscoe! Uhh..."

    Between moving super fast, creating shed skin clones, stitching crude silken simulacrums, and now projecting fake clones through light trickery, Iktomi has gotten very good at avoiding indirect attacks.
    Iktomi's grows in Special Defense 3! -3 Pokemon Exp
    Iktomi's grows in Special Defense 4! -3 Pokemon Exp, -1 Trainer Exp

    But this is beyond even her. Speed is useless in this strange web she's been caught in. She forgets some things, and tries some new things.
    Iktomi forgets Bug Bite..... and learns Mega Drain!
    Iktomi forgets Agility.... and learns Volt Switch!
    Agility raising moves have so far proved more trouble than worth, it's better to be mobile to avoid situations like this. She turns into electricity and gets to Makai side, in spite of the Trick Room's effects. Then noticing that drawing energy is so easy in this environment she tries to draw energy from the approaching boulders with Mega Drain. But it's just not going to be quick enough. Above the light dims in a swift artificial eclipse as something blocks the Solrock's rays.

    :whistle:


    Maybe it was the stones rich with chaotic lunar energy, nursed on the runoff from chemical experiments?
    Or speaking for those experiments, could it be a vial broke? Mixing two failed experiments never mean to be alchemized together?
    Another theory it was the poison/???? type's weakness to a certain type of bully's psionic bullshit.
    And yet stilll perhaps its the adaptable, untethered, and unpredictable nature of the humanity baked into his very existence.


    Who can say. Whatever the reason, Roscoe is moving fast. Absolutely crazy fast. Faster than he's ever gone before.
    Roscoe learns Rapid Spin! Although he doesn't understand this strange power he just kinda rolls with it, and immediately springs into action.
    Roscoe covers Makai! -1 Trainer Exp

    Tensing up in preparation for impact, the Poison/???? Type transforms the minerals and scrap in their body re-purposing themselves into a solid ball of metal. He pinballs between the rocks coming at Makai demolishing like a wrecking ball. Roscoe learns Gyro Ball! -1 Trainer Exp

  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    "Precept #1 of the Rapid Evening, cultivate saplings!"

    I would like to spend one voltage to use Grass Knot making the floating stone battle field, into a weird art piece with the rocks and flowers.
    is it possible to trade 1 voltage to get supply [Hanging Garden Sun Shrine to Lord Kai'ckul]
    Is that possible? A natural shrine for the next few days to proselytize from

  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Tanaka, Gigen & Numel |PKMN|
    [Bell Bonze] ~ [Shakuhachi] ~ [Badling of Lotad] - [Well Supplied] ~ Volt: 3

    ~Another Time, Another Place~

    Some time after the tea party, Tanaka and Gigen take a walk among the marshes, looking for some trouble.

    "Like what kind of smell?" Chirps. "No, not- gross. Like the kind you get with your nose or your gut?" More chirps, more pensive. "Oh. That's probably the worst sort." A chitter of agreement. "Why where you looking through that stuff in the first place?" Chattering, wide hand movements, equivocating. "Man, don't be rude to friends and then try and sell me that mountain of tauros-"

    -Voltage.gif

    They hear a high pitched shriek, and feel a huge, knee-shuddering impact. Tanaka runs toward it. Gigen, He Who is Ever-Perched, is dragged along.

    They find two Pokemon having a disagreement. The first, a Bellspout, shrieks again, while the other, who is some sort of moth, begins to vibrate its antennae. Perhaps, Tanaka gathers, out of irritation. Something falls at the monk's feet. It's a pale mustard something, in the vague shape of a snake but with some fun added features, such as a drill, fifteen extra pounds, and cherubic little wings. The something looks pretty scratched up.

    It turns its head human-wards and makes a noise. Gigen hears the noise as "Help."

    Shock G on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    I would like to spend one voltage to use Grass Knot making the floating stone battle field, into a weird art piece with the rocks and flowers.

    Is it possible to trade 1 voltage to get supply [Hanging Garden Sun Shrine to Lord Kai'ckul]

    Is that possible? A natural shrine for the next few days to proselytize from

    k, yes, and sure.

    Since setting up a powerful Pokemon shrine in another powerful Pokemon's territory is definitely foolhardy and dangerous enough to mark Makai's Famous Ambition's 5 exp line, so let's talk about Ambitions.

    I'm not really keeping track of individual actions much, but plan to account for everything at the end of any given uptime. Start of downtime duties can just include going through each of your ambitions and deciding if you fulfilled any of them (and how many times, for the 1 Exp ones).

    Good way to remind yourself what your character had been up to previously, keeps all your exp together so you can make plans for it effectively, and makes it easy for me to keep track of how much everyone is getting (since I want to keep all players relatively similar in Exp totals, multiple pokemon notwithstanding).

    To that end, you should probably try and get yourself between 3 and 7 Exp per Ambition, per uptime. Much less than that and you might need to broaden your Ambition a bit, or swap it out for something more relevant, and regularly getting much more might mean you need to chill out a bit.

    @Shock G You're running your own downtime show, right? Let me know if you need anything from me!

    ~Cobalt Springs~ :whistle:

    "AS YOU REQUEST... PRIEST," Kai'ckul drones, the sun overhead intensifying as the Solrock's eyes flicker with a faint green.

    Voltage2.gifVoltage4.gif spent!


    The torn up earth explodes in a riot of green. Thick vines burst from the soil and arc upwards, wrapping themselves around the hovering stones to rein them in. Fixed in place, the stones and their associated greenery sprout a sprinkling of flowers, creating a [Hanging Garden Sun Shrine to Lord Kai'ckul].

    Also Roscoe is in there somewhere. All that extra weight probably wasn't much help against this attack.

    Kai'ckul used Grass Knot!
    Roscoe took 8 Stamina Damage!
    It's not very effective...


    TrubbishNowLookWhatYouveDone.png Uh, ow?

    "THERE," Kai'ckul remarks gloatingly. "A FREE SACRIFICE WITH EVERY PURCHASE."

    Roscoe fainted.

  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Elise Corbeau - [Social Knight] - 4/4
    [PKMN] [Shieldmaiden] [Carapace Brigandine] [Cobalt Springs Tradition] [Lay of the Land]

    ~Shallowstream Encampment~ :whistle:

    "Okay. Zeal, Cyrus, you're up."

    Elise starts out personally sparring with each sequentially and making no effort to mislead any watchers to her aptitude.

    Cyrus weathers an onslaught of attacks, finding little chance to counter. Zeal is an altogether different story, her evolution and aptitude allowing her parity with at the worst and significant advantage at best. Although they made good progress today, Elise realizes she will likely need to find a more challenging sparring opponent for the Beehive Pokemon to continue to progress.


    Cyrus's HP rises to 3! 3 trainer exp spent!
    Zeal's attack rises to 5!
    Zeal's [Power] rises to 2!


    The trio then zip about on a relatively flat, dry section of Cobalt Springs. Enjoying the breeze in their faces, Cyrus + Elise race Zeal at increasing pace.

    Cyrus's [Run] rises to 3! 3 trainer exp spent!
    Zeal's [Fly] rises to 3!


    They find themselves at a familiar foe. Though not the same cliff, it is A cliff, and they are decidedly not on top of it. Elise steers Cyrus into the wall once...flinching, he turns away at the last moment. Twice...flinch. Thrice...

    Some instinctual switch in the Spikes Pokemon flicks on, and where there was once a sheer cliff face there is now a sheer cliff face with a hole, a steadily accumulating pile of dirt at the bottom if it.

    Cyrus realizes the [Burrow] technique! Cyrus's [Burrow] rises to 2! 4 trainer exp spent!



    ...


    "Cyrus." Elise speaks. "You've come far today."

    On top of the cliff, Elise lays a hand at rest on Cyrus's head.


    It feels like the top of a hill might be a good place to encounter something unusual. Maybe a pokemon, maybe some kind of forgotten item left behind, maybe Ducky followed them up and it's dream time, maybe a cobalt native followed Elise up for some reason? Marsh, if you're up for something I'll throw down a Voltage4.gif, otherwise it's probably back to the camp and talking to people until we're ready to go.

    Rawkking Goodguy on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    TheEmpress.png
    I have been looking at you,
    But your appearance is not strange - You are like me!
    You yourself are not different - You are like me!
    My mind was resolved to fight with you
    Yet, my arm lies useless.

    ~Shallowstream Encampment~

    The Rhyhorn leans into Elise's touch affectionately. He's a big softy, apparently, despite appearances and Elemental Typing to the contrary.

    Cyrus' Loyalty improved to Friendly!


    The wind picks up, stirring the grass at the cliff's edge into waves. The few, white clouds overhead soar in slow, stately grace, like great pillowy ships in a calm ocean of blue.

    :whistle:

    With a sizzling crack, a small flash of light surges across the plains below. Crawling, effortlessly and erratically, up the side of the cliff, before slowly resolving into a mass of sparking electricity. On it, a rider.

    The Zebstrika's four hooves daintily make contact with the rocky cliffside with barely a click, its striped body coming into view as the visual shield of its lingering current harmlessly discharges into the ground below. Tristan Dylana, of Shallowstream, gazes sharply and silently from atop his saddled Pokemon as it begins to circle warily towards the Malachite Noblewoman and her entourage.

    He looks rather upset, and Elise gets the feeling this isn't a social call.

    Marshmallow on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Elise Corbeau - [Social Knight] - 3/4
    [PKMN] [Shieldmaiden] [Carapace Brigandine] [Cobalt Springs Tradition] [Lay of the Land]

    ~Clifftop Confrontation~

    Elise slides onto Cyrus as she warily glances at the circling trainer. "What do you want?"

    Elise thinks of what she knows of etiquette in Cobalt Springs. Can you just corner and attack someone you have issue with? What are the consequences of such an action, if any? What if the person you corner refuses to defend themself?


    Rawkking Goodguy on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Registered User regular

    ~Clifftop Confrontation~ :whistle:

    "You," Tristan replies severely. "To leave," he finishes, the ribbons of white lightning crawling across his Zebstrika's back apparently causing the mounted young man no harm.

    Suffice to say, this would be a disastrously ill-advised encounter by local standards. While open challenges are basically never an issue, and even the occasional ambush or swaggering bullying might not be completely untoward depending on the circumstances and relationship between the participants, Elise is a guest, which is pretty damn sacrosanct according to any Cobaltine you care to ask.

    Regardless of whether Elise decides to defend herself or not, attacking her without her consent via a formal challenge is a one way ticket to pariah-hood. Dead to your clan, dead to your family, and assuming Elise cares to really push the issue with the other Shallowstreamers, quite probably dead in actuality too.

    So this is either the mother of all bluffs, or Tristan is acting on a serious vendetta that warrants risking life, limb, and reputation.

    Tommy2Hands
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Registered User regular
    Got some Pokeball and Wild Pokemon defeating optional rules in the wiki GM Sanctum if'n that appeals to anyone. The Stunned status rules seem pretty fun, so I might implement those sometime. Not really interested in adding more in depth capture rules, since I think we're in a good place here, but since I thought 'em up I figured I'd write them down in case they were of interest to one of the other PKMN/voltage GMs.

    Also gotta get on updating that Voltage People page sometime. It's embarassingly out of date.

    Tommy2Hands
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    What happened to that month? Not being sure what to say followed by midterms will do it, I suppose.

    Elise Corbeau - [Social Knight] - 3/4
    [PKMN] [Shieldmaiden] [Carapace Brigandine] [Cobalt Springs Tradition] [Lay of the Land]

    ~Clifftop Confrontation~ :whistle:

    Elise stares stonefaced at the mounted challenger.

    "Leave? Desert my companions far from home? That's not going to happen."

    She gestures towards the gates. "And if there is a way to get WHAT you want, it's not this. You know full well the consequences assaulting me here would bring."

    It's almost certainly the challenge, and Elise's own misgivings about it ignite. "You think you could just goad me into doing something stupid? Am I just some bullheaded blood knight to you?"

    "So tell me: "What do you want?""


    Spend a network token on Commanding presence cause I need to spend resources more often.

  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Can you check my stat totals? I think I'm good but it's been a while.
    Makai Amakusa - [Ninja] 3/5
    PKMN [Hanging Garden Sun Shrine to Lord Kai'ckul]
    Iktomi | Fenrir | Roscoe | Lord Kai'ckul
    ~Cobalt Springs~


    Fenrir take this all in, dourly. He gives the SolRock a look

    Houndour.png I will remember this.

    Fenrir snorts Smog and glares at Makai for getting his protege fainted. Makai opens his mouth to say something, but Fenrir returns to his ball before the ninja can find the words.

    ...

    "Huh. Well now what."
    Iktomi is silent. But her eyes don't leave the floating ball of flame and malice known as Lord Kai'ckul.

    NeoToma on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Registered User regular
    Makai and his Pokemon all look good. Trainers are relatively easy to check, you just make sure their Max voltage + Trait Ranks add up to 12, currently. Pokemon are a little trickier since you have to add up exp spent on stats, moves, and assists (while remembering not to count the first two moves and first four or five assists).

    Anyway.

    lolnohewont.jpg

    ~Clifftop Confrontation~ :whistle:

    Cringing under her harsh retorts, Tristan seems to sink down into his seat, as though his Pokemon's flickering mane could protect him from from Elise's words.

    He takes a few deep breaths, then straightens, looking far sterner, far more determined than he had at any point before.

    He levels the spear he just grabbed from his mount's side, in a white knuckled grip, across the distance separating the two Trainers.

    "To be the very best," he utters, his own words hitting Elise like a bucket of ice water. Before she can decide how, or what, to respond with, the Cobaltine has dug his heels into his Zebstrika's sides, spurring it into a humming, zig-zagging charge at her across the plateau.

    Zebstrika used Wild Charge!

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    TheDevil.png
    "Now what is this sleep which has seized you?
    You have turned dark and do not hear me!"
    But his eyes do not move
    He touched his heart, but it beat no longer.

    ~Hanging Garden Sun Shrine~ :whistle:

    The Solrock ceases chuckling for long enough to consider Makai's question, regardless of if it was actually directed at him or not.

    "THIS PLACE NEEDS... SUPPLICANTS," it offers in its curious mental shout, both roar and whisper at the same time. Turning to face the nearby encampment of locals. "PERHAPS SOME OF THE TRIBESFOLK WILL BE WILLING TO HEAR THE 'GOOD NEWS'." It hesitates.

    "BUT IT WOULD BE BETTER TO WAIT UNTIL AFTER THAT DUEL," it turns to face Makai once more. "WITH YOUR METAL-COVERED COMPANION."

    "A PEOPLE HUMILIATED ARE A PEOPLE HUNGRY FOR HOPE. AND REVENGE. WITH WISE WORDS AND THE OFFER OF POWER, WE CAN COMMAND THEIR HEARTS."

    Marshmallow on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Makai Amakusa - [Ninja] 3/5
    PKMN [Hanging Garden Sun Shrine to Lord Kai'ckul]
    Iktomi | Fenrir | Roscoe | Lord Kai'ckul
    ~Cobalt Springs~


    "Huh. Yeah! I did say I was gonna get you some followers." If I get him some loyal subjects maybe I can use their belief as leverage to get Kai'ckul from doing everything the most jerkass way possible. But then again how the heck am I'm gonna get people to follow let alone worship this shouty as-"

    "Wait what?! Metal? Duel?" Makai turns. "How in the...did he follow me through the cave? Over the cave? Wait. Don't answer that I don't care."
    The ninja strokes his chin.

    "Fenrir! Your nemesis! Show him what you've learned since last time."


    Houndour.png My nemesis?


    Fenrir gives Makai a look. The ninja shrugs.

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    So when I was going to community college years back, I was in a D&D group with a group of mostly graduated folks which was a little intimidating. At one point my character, a tribal druid, found what I assumed was a mechanical gear, and I proceeded to try and explain to the rest of the group what he had found, in-character, using his primitive understanding of what it looked like.

    After a tremendous amount of confusion for everyone about what the hell I was talking about, it was eventually realized that I thought the GM had said "you find a gear" when he had actually said "you find some gear", in the sense of a pile of generic equipment.

    Anyway, communication is important. Thanks for listening.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    ~Hanging Garden Sun Shrine~ :whistle:

    Kaic'kul looks bemused for a few moments, before clarifying. "I WAS REFERRING TO THE KNIGHT YOU TRAVEL ALONGSIDE, WITH THAT ODIOUS VESPIQUEN. SHE IS TO FIGHT SOME OF THOSE NATIVE INDIGENTS FOR SPORT TOMORROW, AND FROM WHAT I GATHER IT WILL NOT GO WELL FOR THESE COBALT FOLK."

    The Solrock shifts a few times, a movement Makai is starting to associate with amusement. "IT'S CUTE THAT YOUR HOUND HAS A NEMESIS WITH A METAL COATING, HOWEVER. I EXPECT A TYPE ADVANTAGE WAS NECESSARY TO MAKE THINGS FAIR."

    Marshmallow on
    NeoToma
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Times have changed Slowrock, it's [Carapace Brigandine] now.

    [insert beearmor.png here]

  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    Tanaka, Gigen & Numel |PKMN|
    [Bell Bonze] ~ [Shakuhachi] ~ [Badling of Lotad] - [Well Supplied] ~ Volt: 3

    "Ah, crud dude!" Shouts Tanaka. "Hey, man, stop it!"

    In response, the Venomoth lifts up the shrieking Bellsprout, and flings it into a nearby stream. It skips half a dozen times, before skidding to a stop on the far shore. The sprout lies there, still but in one piece. The moth's overlarge eyes lock onto the monk. Its antennae shake.

    Tanaka scowls. "So.. you're like that. Alright. Gigen!" The ghost starts, pulling his attention from the fat snake to his trainer. "Take care of the moth." The ghost smiles, then disappears.

    He materializes behind his adversary, managing to rake his claws across their plump thorax before he falls back to the ground. The Venomoth wails eerily, writhing mid air with pain. It quickly recovers from the blow, and seizes the ghost in a telekinetic grip. It stares at its hostage, mirror-like eyes running up and down the little spirit, the Bug-type's horrible awareness tearing Gigen's meager mental defenses to ribbons, invading the deepest, most sensitive vaults of his mind.

    Gigen screams, for the first time in a very long time.

    The Venomoth seems satisfied with this, and throws the spook away. He lands in some nearby brush, barely disturbing a leaf.

    It floats back towards Tanaka and the tubby little snake.

    "Oh, crap." The talapoin looks down at the snake, up at the approaching horror, and steps between the two. "Stay behind me, buddy. I'll get us through this one." He smiles.

    The Dunsparce looks up at the human like he's the sun come to earth.

    A strange light begins to effuse from the Venomoth. It digs into Tanaka's vision, and it becomes clear that the monk was bluffing. He tries to cover his eyes, but even closed and shielded, all he can see are dancing weird colors. His brain winces and his knees buckle.

    The bug watches him, its antennae swaying slowly. Which is the sort of opportunity Gigen has been waiting for.

    He appears right in front of Venomoth's face, nothing but a ball of teeth and claws and hate. He burrows into it for a time, until the moth can manage to get a psychic grip on him. The two combatants stare into each other, and Gigen can make out something recognizable. Absolute loathing. It digs into Gigen, grinding anything left whole inside of him to a pulp, eating at everything until there is nothing left but wet chaos.

    But, just as he is about to succumb, Gigen sees a pale yellow bullet strike the Venomoth's soft center. He falls back to the ground, the demonic bug wailing and writhing and falling into dust in front of him.

    The last thing Gigen sees before he passes out is a friendly, sleepy face above him.

    MarshmallowNeoToma
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Elise Corbeau - [Social Knight] - 3/4
    [PKMN] [Shieldmaiden] [Carapace Brigandine] [Cobalt Springs Tradition] [Lay of the Land]

    ~Clifftop Confrontation~ :whistle:


    The retort and charge snap Elise back to her basic instincts. She grabs her halberd and looks about for those she needs to keep safe.

    There aren't any.

    A kick and Cyrus begins to attempt to circle around the electric pokemon, a maneuver that could not succeed if not for the purple poisoner who emerges from her apricorn to spray a fine mist of toxins at the Zebstrika and its rider.

    Schala used Pepper Spray!

    Rawkking Goodguy on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Statting voltagemons is incredibly fun. Especially when you realize you've still got 10 Exp left in your budget for Moves.

    ~Clifftop Confrontation~ :whistle:

    The Zebstrika and its rider are a blur, their passage rattling the armor of both Elise and her rock-hided steed. Arcs of electricity flash in their wake, scoring lines of soot against the side of Elise's desperately maneuvering mount. Adding more insult than injury, Tristan's spear makes a glancing blow with his spear on the Rhyhorn's flank, drawing a thin line of lighter grey where the armor turned the slash aside.

    Zebstrika and Tristan used Wild Charge!
    Cyrus took 3 Stamina Damage!


    The trainer and Pokemon continue onward, careening into the cloud of Schala's poison, Tristan raising an arm and digging his face into his Zebstrika's mane to protect himself, while the Thunderbolt Pokemon takes the brunt of the airborne irritant.

    Schala used Pepper Spray!
    Zebstrika took 1 Stamina and 1 Speed Damage!
    It wasn't very effective...


    Though the equine Pokemon doesn't look to be in much pain from the attack, its vision seems impaired enough to marginally slow it into a more hesitant trot. Purposely slipping from his mount's back as it stumbles, Tristan performs a practiced roll back to his feet, setting his spear against any counterattack while his partner is weakened.

    "Zebstuka, shake it off!" he commands grimly. "Use Agility!"

    ~Status~
    [ ||||| ] Cyrus
    [ ||||| ] Schala
    [ ||||| ] Zebstrika

    Marshmallow on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Elise Corbeau - [Social Knight] - 3/4
    [PKMN] [Shieldmaiden] [Carapace Brigandine] [Cobalt Springs Tradition] [Lay of the Land]

    ~Clifftop Confrontation~ :whistle:


    Seeing Cyrus take the attack in place of herself or Schala kicks Elise back into thinking this is just a somewhat irregular trainer battle. He's determined to win at any cost, and so she must adapt. She urges Cyrus to press the advantage, charging straight at the opposing duo. "They go high, we go low!" she shouts, and the rhyhorn sinks into the dirt up to its horn, sending a mound of fresh loam at the recovering adversaries followed by the armored pokemon and knight. Elise shifts somewhat precariously to the top of Cyrus's neck in the process of a halberd lunge, a test to better understand the hypercompetitive cobaltine's martial style. [Shieldmaiden]

    Cyrus used Bulldoze!



  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Makai Amakusa - [Ninja] 3/5
    PKMN [Hanging Garden Sun Shrine to Lord Kai'ckul]
    Iktomi | Fenrir | Roscoe | Lord Kai'ckul
    ~Hanging Garden Sun Shrine~


    "Ha! Sometimes I forget other people exist." Makai replies while trying to hide his embarrassment. "Hmm, I wonder if I can convince them to have their duel here."

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish Swish Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    ~Hanging Garden Sun Shrine~ :whistle:

    "OF COURSE YOU CAN. JUST BELIEVE IN YOURSELF," Kai'ckul replies with unnerving supportiveness. "WE COULD EVEN STACK THE ODDS A LITTLE. A BOOBY TRAP HERE, A PITFALL THERE..." the Solrock laughs heartily, its telepathic voice echoing in your mind. "NOT THAT SHE WOULD NEED THE HELP, BUT CRUSHING THE LOCALS' DREAMS THAT MUCH MORE WOULD BE WORTH IT."

    ~Clifftop Confrontation~ :whistle:

    At its trainer's command, the Zebstrika stops for a few moments... then blurs. Its loosened muscles and focus allow it to literally shake off the effects of Schala's pepper spray, the aggravating droplets that had accumulated on its fur harmlessly thrown clear in its rapid movements. It's no wonder Tristan took the footman option before telling his Pokemon to move quicker, as it would be incredibly difficult to keep your seat on something capable of moving and changing direction that fast.

    Zebstrika used Agility!
    Zebstrika's Speed was sharply Boosted!


    Cyrus roars his approval of Elise's tack, rushingforward in a spirited charge of dirt and soil that envelopes the opposing trainer-pokemon duo.

    Cyrus used Bulldoze!
    Zebstrika took 4 Stamina and 1 Speed Damage!
    It was Super Effective!


    As the dust clears, it looks like the rapid-moving Zebstrika once again shielded its trainer from the worst of the attack, its hide spattered, and its hooves weighed down, with clinging mud.

    Even with his movements only slightly hampered by the torn up earth, Tristan momentarily blanches at the sight of Elise's probing attack. Using the butt of his spear to steady himself, he dodges and rolls away through the dirt, giving up an easy chance to counter the Social Knight's overreaching halbard.

    [Shieldmaiden] spent!

    While he may be nimble and clever, Tristan's knowledge of the finer points of human-on-human battle seem lacking. Elise suspects that he just about knows which end of the spear he's supposed to be pointing at her, and not terribly much beyond that. An impressive trainer does not necessarily a fine warrior make, and this might be at least part of the reason he was willing to challenge her outside the proposed duel. His Zebstrika is doing just about all the work to even the odds here.

    Still, losing a physical duel and getting taken off the raiding team isn't exactly the end of the world, right? He's risking his life on this fight, so there must be something more to it than that.

    Whatever it may be, he's quickly back on his feet with a scowl, using the haft of his polearm to scrape away the encrusted dirt he picked up in his hasty evasion.

    "Zebstuka. Bulldoze."

    ~Status~
    [ ||||| ] Cyrus
    [ ||||| ] Schala
    [ ||||| ] Zebstrika

    Marshmallow on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Elise Corbeau - [Social Knight] - 3/4
    [PKMN] [Shieldmaiden] [Carapace Brigandine] [Cobalt Springs Tradition] [Lay of the Land]

    ~Clifftop Confrontation~ :whistle:


    "I'm counting on you Schala, take that assault and turn the cheek." Elise drops from Cyrus and rolls to a single knee, halberd pointing towards the opposition.

    "You probably could've gotten a pokemon battle if you just asked. A real 1-on-1, maybe my Vespiquen against your... uh, Zebstuka?."

    Elise and Cyrus rush forward as Schala rolls into the way of the Zebstrika, smiling widely as she is trampled and tossed by the ground-type assault.

    Schala used Charm!

    Cyrus begins a dash to his destination, the area where the electric horse ascended up the cliff. "But you didn't ask for that." Elise veers off from Cyrus's trajectory and right at the Cobaltine, attempting to slice the shaft of his spear and corner him.

    Physique token spent!

    Cyrus shifts to Clifftop: Entrance?

Sign In or Register to comment.