As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Poké] Voltage: A No, No, No Sort Of Thing

1737475767779»

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Statting voltagemons is incredibly fun.
    It really is.
    I got real dumb ideas for Signature moves and what would be cool ride pokemon for Makai.
    Also itching to see how those combo moves play out.

Makai Amakusa - [Ninja] 3/5
    PKMN [Hanging Garden Sun Shrine to Lord Kai'ckul]
    Iktomi | Fenrir | Roscoe | Lord Kai'ckul
    ~Hanging Garden Sun Shrine~

"Yeah." I like traps. "No deaths or crippling anybody though. And we are trying to win hearts here. Then we show them what the blessing of the Great Lord Kai'ckul can do form them on the field of battle."

Speaking of battle. Work on Roscoe's defenses next time I get the chance, but first gotta heal up that sweet boy. What environment would be good for healing a garbage pile? They must have done something with stuff they throw away...a compose heap or something of that nature.

If I'm gonna be a priest I should look the part, maybe invest in some new threads. Makai rolls Iktomi's blue and yellow apricorn over deft fingers. Hmmm. He checks out the Apricorn he got from Quartz he used to catch the Solro- Lord Kai'ckul. It's nice. No that's not right at all. It's blaring, brazen, bronze. But maybe if polished by a professional it could be something closer to gold.

With all the terrain being what it is here, fighting here might be tough for Fenrir.
    Iktomi should take the lead, then Roscoe, then Fenrir then...well lets hope it doesn't come to that.

In catching a poison type the ninja has committed to spending his spare-time hanging out in garbage, he supposes.

NeoToma on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Schala and Roscoe should just dig a hole somewhere secluded and play around in it until it becomes a poison healing hole whenever the party takes an extended rest

Maybe they'll even attract some wild poison types and then we can spend downtime on mystery dungeon schala & roscoe bonding with pokemon.

edited December 2016
    Decided i want Makai to ride a starmie around like a rad hoverboard.

NeoToma on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    PartyDuckOpt2.gif

Eyyy, holidays are over.
    Schala and Roscoe should just dig a hole somewhere secluded and play around in it until it becomes a poison healing hole whenever the party takes an extended rest
    Maybe they'll even attract some wild poison types and then we can spend downtime on mystery dungeon schala & roscoe bonding with pokemon.
    6tbR8Dq.jpg

~Clifftop Confrontation~ :whistle:

Elise makes her play while the Pokemon maneuver and feint, charging at the suddenly vulnerable Cobaltine as his Zebstrika makes its move towards the dashing Cyrus.

With reflexes that defy explanation, the Thunderbolt Pokemon realizes its mistake, throwing up great clods of dirt as it digs in its feet. Leg muscles bulge as the Pokemon makes an explosive change in direction back towards its trainer, bringing the ever-obedient Schala directly into its path.

Galloping skittishly over the top of the Poisonous pipsqueak, the Zebstrika deftly manages to avoid outright trampling the Oddish under its sparking hooves, but the relentless turning of the soil in its haste does its own painful work.

Zebstrika used Bulldoze!
    Schala took 7 Stamina and 1 Speed Damage!
    It's Super Effective!

Looking regretfully over its shoulder as it departs, the Zebstrika notices its unintended target popping out of the pile of dirt like the half-stricken weed she so closely resembles, a wide grin on her cheerful visage.

Schala used Charm!
    Zebstrika's Attack was Harassed!

Seemingly heartened by the fact it didn't accidentally squish the tiny Pokemon, the Zebstrika turns back to its goal at hand, teraring across the intervening landscape between itself and Elise and Tristan.

Elise's [Physique] Spent!

Halbard swinging in a wide arc to lope away the business-end of her opponent's defensibly held spear, Elise finds her action stymied as the opposing Trainer's Pokemon blinks into view nearly faster than her vision can follow. As the Zebstrika levels its shoulder to tackle her to the ground in defense of its Trainer, it ends up putting itself in the way of her powerful strike.

Zebstrika intercepted the attack!
    Zebstrika took 5 Stamina Damage!

The head of Elise's halbard impacts the black and white Pokemon's neck, rebounding off its mane in a blizzard of sparks and energy motes, and sending the Zebstrika stumbling back towards its trainer, leaving small spasms of electricity crawling across both the ground and Elise's weapon.

"'Stuka!" Tristan cries fearfully, as he places a hand on his Pokemon's haunch to help steady it. The Zebstrika seems to be a truly hardy creature, however, as it shakes it head and snorts the dizziness away, before defensively angling itself between its trainer and Elise once more.

Thumping the base of his spear into the ground to steady his own shaking legs, Tristan glares past his Pokemon at Elise. "I will defeat you."

~Status~
    ~Clifftop~
    [ ||||| ] Schala
    [ ||||| ] Zebstrika
    ~Clifftop Entrance~
    [ ||||| ] Cyrus

edited January 2017
    Elise Corbeau - [Social Knight] - 3/4
    [PKMN] [Shieldmaiden] [Carapace Brigandine] [Cobalt Springs Tradition] [Lay of the Land]

"I don't know about you, but we have trained hard for situations far worse than your impressive pokemon." Elise replies as she grabs the snout of the covering pokemon, her armor getting disjointed, damaged, frayed and more as the inevitable counterstrike occurs.

[Carapace Brigandine] spent!

As Elise endures the brunt of the blow Schala jives and jigs at Stuka, pulsing with fey power. Elise has no idea how this works, but has learned not to question fairy things by now.

Schala used Charm!

Rawkking Goodguy on
    I just remembered that I had heard Stuka in the context of world war 2 after reading a Let's Play of a game set in that era jostled my memory. German dive bomber huh? I could have sworn there was a ground vehicle named like that. Though maybe that's orks in 40k for another context shift.

edited January 2017
    Also a Sin City character, and there was a rocket launcher called a "Walking Stuka". Not sure about Warhammer though - I guess there was an Imperial plane that looked kinda like if a Stuka had a baby with an A10. Only thing I can think of that's Orky though would be 'Eavy Stubbas sounding a little similar.

Mostly I just like the sound of it, I guess. And I have a thing for poorly-thought out NPC Pokemon names. See: M/a/i/e/s/z/i/e/y the confusingly misspelled Raichu.

I really need to update that damn wiki.

~Clifftop Confrontation~

Tristan gives his Pokemon some space, wisps of crackling electricity arcing around his fingertips as he removes his supportive hand from the Zebstrika's side. Extinguishing the lingering voltage with a clench of his fist, he addresses Elise warily.

"I don't know what you are, or who you serve, but neither of us will be cowed." He extends a commanding hand towards his Pokemon.

"Zebstuka, show the strength of our bond to her - and to the gods."

:whistle:

The air around the Zebstrika hums and sparks with a gathering charge as they step backward. Lowering its twin-thunderbolt-adorned head, the Pokemon shrieks and fires a roiling orb of electricity, the relatively slow-moving projectile blackening the grass and carving out tiny craters in the mud wherever stray threads of the barely controlled voltage manage to ground themselves. No matter how powerful this Move may be, it seems almost comically easy to step out of its path...

And it would be, if Elise or any of her Pokemon were the intended target.

Propelling itself recklessly forward with the aid of its unnatural speed, the Zebstrika overtakes its launched mass of electricity, slamming full-tilt into the back of it. Collapsing, the sphere releases its stored power back into the Zebstrika, turning the galloping Equine into a thundering, super-charged missile, aimed directly at Elise.

Zebstrika used its Signature Move...
    Voltage.gif
    Beam Charge!

Flinging out a hand against the rampaging Pokemon, the Social Knight somehow manages to escape a real shocker of a trampling, though her armor ends up paying the price for her bold defense.

[Carapace Brigandine] spent!
    Elise Held Her Own!

Stopped short, the Zebstrika snorts, thick tendrils of electricity still arcing around its twitching limbs and static-shocked mane. Seems like reabsorbing the Charge Beam it shot gave it a big boost in offensive power. How long that'll last with Schala around, however...

Zebstrika's Attack was sharply Boosted!
    Zebstrika's Special Attack was Boosted!

Not giving up on her solemn duty of distraction, the Fairy Type continues to shuffle and kick, pivot and twist. Zebstrika may or may not like it like this, but it's definitely getting crazy shook up from the underfoot Oddish's constant cuteness.

Schala used Charm!

Between Elise's armor and Schala's shuckling, the Zebstrika's dramatic attack didn't seem to have all that much of an effect in the end. Tristan seems a little stunned.

~Status~
    ~Clifftop~
    [ ||||| ] Schala
    [ ||||| ] Zebstrika
    ~Clifftop Entrance~
    [ ||||| ] Cyrus

Marshmallow on
    edited January 2017
    All he wanted was to be a serious rival and his Pokemon's signature Move is getting stopped with a headpat and there's a tiny weed doing the mashed potato at him.

Welcome to the World of Pokemon!

Marshmallow on
    [PKMN] [Shieldmaiden] [Carapace Brigandine] [Cobalt Springs Tradition] [Lay of the Land]

Getting up, Elise breathes in. "The gods? Did someone else tell you to push me and my companions out of here?!" she accuses.

She punctuates the query with the point of her polearm, out of fighting instinct more than anything else, one strike becoming several.

Physique token spent!

Schala eagerly turns to the tempo, feats of fey flourishing and spritely shakes melding into a poisonous performance.

Schala used Charm!

SquirtleHeader.png

Startled by the Social Knight's sudden accusation, Tristan recoils.

"I chose my own battles," he lies, rather convincingly. "The gods are always watching - their chosen land, their chosen people."

"That they have not intervened proves my righteousness!" he asserts, standing his ground.

The Zebstrika matches its trainer's boldness, meeting Elise's compulsive strikes with intervening slashes of the bolt-shaped horns atop its head, turning aside many, but not all, of the punctuating pokes.

Physique Token spent!
    Zebstrika took 5 Stamina damage!

Briefly binding the noble's weapon between the two adornments, the Thunderbolt Pokemon's short fur ripples with an electric charge as it sends a strong jolt across the metal business end, and down the pole of Elise's weapon.

Zebstrika used Spark!
    Elise was Covered!
    ??? took 3 Stamina Damage!

Before the crackling motes can leap to their intended target, several clods of dirt and sod rise up in a gently rotating, protective barrier around the Corbeau scion, harmlessly absorbing the hazardous sparks.

While distracted by the foiling of its attack, Schala continues to harass the equine with her pernicious performance, throwing the poor Pokemon even further off its already declining game.

Schala used Charm!

In a small explosion of mud at her side, Elise's benefactor reveals itself in the form of a burrowing Cyrus, the recently unearthed ally having used its distance from the battle to stage an unexpected underground ambush.

With a glimmer in the Rhyhorn's eyes, Elise's swirling shield slowly sheds its soil, revealing the jagged rocks underneath. Lowering its head, the Spikes Pokemon commands the defensive structure to go on the offensive, striking out at the near-stricken Zebstrika.

Cyrus used Stealth Rock!
    Zebstrika took 4 Stamina Damage!
    It's Super Effective!

Staggered, struggling to keep its failing footing under the fusillade of rubble, the Zebstrika slowly falls to its knees, before collapsing on its side, sparkling motes violently cracking themselves free from its fading form.

Zebstrika fainted!

Raising a shaking hand, Tristan holds up a black-and-white Apricorn that quickly recaptures the defeated essence of his partner. Having no other Pokemon to rely on, the prideful Cobaltine's eyes roll back in shock, his spear falls from senseless hands to clatter on the ground, and he collapses to the ground - unconscious.

Cobalt Raider Tristan was defeated!
    Schala gains 4 Exp!
    Cyrus gains 4 Exp!
    Elise gains 6 Trainer Exp!

I see we're using official pokemon battle rules. Time to steal half of his belongings.

I will get to posting but I got a really bad stomach bug so not now.

Decided to go with your generous suggestion of having Cyrus wrap things up for us. Didn't feel like another round of probable trainer posturing was going to be all that productive, and we can get directly along to the interrogation and/or issue of how the rest of the Cobaltines are likely to handle this.

The whiting out was indeed partially because it is a grand tradition of Pokemon Battle defeats. Taking only half of his stuff, considering the situation, would probably be considered very merciful.

Feel better soon!

edited February 2017

Elise breathes out. Was this outcome ever truly in doubt?

She pats the spikes pokemon on the head and then kneels down to examine Tristan's state, and if anything on him could reveal more of his motives. Knowledge token spent!

As an afterthought, she releases Zeal and instructs her to survey the area, in case anyone else is around.

Cyrus's eyes sparkle... or spark? as he reflects on the recent battle ...
    Cyrus's Speed rose to 2!
    Cyrus learned Drill Run!
    Cyrus realized the power of Volt Switch!

Zeal placidly hovers by Elise as her combee commence their recon sweep.
    Zeal's Special Attack rose to 2! 1 trainer exp spent!
    Zeal's Roost is about to change...
    Roost's style changed to Recovering!

Schala examines the hole Cyrus left in the dirt curiously...
    Schala's Speed rose to 4! Schala's Attack rose to 2! 2 trainer exp spent!
    Schala's Toxic Whip is about to change...
    Schala's Sweet Kiss is about to change...
    Schala's Toxic Whip's category changed to Physical!
    Schala's Sweet Kiss's category changed to Special!

Schala's Toxic Whip's and Sweet Kiss's style changed to Finisher!

Rawkking Goodguy on
    ~1 More~ :whistle:

Schala's Pepper Spray is about to change...
    Schala's Pepper Spray's category changed to status!

Something... some things have emerged from deep inside Schala...

Schala learned her signature move, Neurotoxic!

2 trainer exp spent!

Schala is increasingly terrifying.

~Clifftop Conclusion~

Truly, this outcome was never in doubt.

Tristan was kind of a pushover. Nevertheless.

While Elise's Pokemon... do things... Elise checks on the unconscious Tristan. Unfortunately there's no helpful note on his person that says 'Stop that evil knight -signed Ominous Lord of the Whatever'.

Life can be so unfair, sometimes.

Knowledge Token Spent!

Despite the lack of concrete evidence, the Cobaltine's last words before his defeat make a lingering impression on the Social Knight.

The gods are always watching [...] That they have not intervened proves my righteousness!
    So assured, the formerly polite native, in spite of his misdeeds... did he know something Elise didn't? Maybe answers lie closer than she'd think, if she dares seek them out.

Zeal's investigative Combee mill about, the tightly-organized kindred flitting hither and forth in debate and discussion as they survey their surroundings. A tentative report to their queen, delivered by a nervous drone, indicates that they can't find anything unusual. They continue searching, all the same, until called off by their regal regent.

edited February 2017

~Clifftop Conclusion~ :whistle:

Just the most unfair indeed. Is it common practice for minions of a hypothetical Cobaltine Lord or Lady to interfere in culturally unacceptable violence? Was that line just superstition, or should she be taking his word literally?

She paces about for a moment as her adrenaline subsides, then sits down and stares into a nearby pool of water. A phrase from Elise bubbles out: "...is anyone there?"

This is ridiculous. What does she expect, some wooper-masked figure to suddenly emerge from the shallow pool and start speaking entirely in couplets?
    ...nevertheless she keeps her eyes on the water as she rests. Meanwhile Zeal tends to the flock. That will be all. she speaks to the hive, the combee corps returning to their matriarch.

Assuming nothing out of the ordinary occurs and Elise can't think of any worse ideas to test, Elise rises after her brief rest. She claims Tristan's spear and black-and-white apricorn for the time being, placing the unconscious cobaltine on Cyrus's back before recalling the rest of her pokemon comrades.

Cyrus and the human knight make their way back to the camp, sullen demeanor and singed plating doing little to dissuade the notion that Elise's training session hadn't been a pleasant and routine affair.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited February 2017
    I'm visiting family in San Diego for a week with only my 3ds for internet. Won't be on irc unless I can find some sort of 3ds friendly client.

Might be able to write a post? I'll get bored enough here to try, I bet.

Edit: I can get on irc via mibbit. Madness!

Marshmallow on
    Browsers are amazing things from a software engineering perspective. It feels like it's easier to develop something that works on a browser than developing something that works on a particular operating system.

9tvmqafsdglw.jpg

edited March 2017
    ~Clifftop Conclusion~

The only response to Elise's impulsive query is the distant babble of running water and the rustle of swaying grass in the wind.

Taking up her belongings and trophies, and gathering her Pokemon allies, the Social Knight eventually departs with questions unanswered and misgivings unaddressed.

Arriving at the encampment sometime later, the nearby Cobalt tribespeople glance at Elise's disheveled state and the unconscious Tristan with unabashed concern. Alerted by the murmurings of his people, Valdemar throws aside the flap of his tent, quickly taking in the scene with a darkening expression.

"Lady Elise," he mutters in shock. "What has happened?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    On the plateau, the grass continues to sway gently, the sound of running water at odds with the occasional drone of a buzzing insect hidden in the foliage. The churned mud of Elise and Tristan's battle slowly begins to bake in the warmth of the sun above.

Slowly, the wind changes, the grass around the muddy channels whipping about as a sudden gale takes them. A lone cloud passes over the sun and, as the sunshine briefly dims, in the air there is a...

...flicker.

Millions of tiny feathers adjust themselves in response to the subtle change, guided by a keen and supernatural intellect. Thin air ripples and boils away as a shimmering cloak of perfectly reflected light is abandoned, revealing the levitating creature, lithe and aerodynamic, concealed within.

With a hum of carefully expressed power, the pseudo-avian drifts closer to the ground, a clawed arm gently extending from the smooth white of its chest to pluck at something in the mud below.

After gazing curiously at the splinter of charred carapace armor in its grasp, it flicks the debris back into the mud. Taking stock of its surroundings, and gazing after where the foreign warrior had departed with its human charge, the creature exerts its will once more, adjusting minute feathers with inhuman precision, to once again camouflage its presence.

Accompanied by a low, and rapidly departing roar, the grass once again whips around in the throes of an unseen gust. Slowly, the agitated vegetation returns to its gentle sway, the sound of running water at odds with the occasional drone of a buzzing insect hidden in the foliage.

Marshmallow on
    edited March 2017
    Grad school continues to be pretty great. The occasional incredibly busy week or so before a major deadline, not so much.

~Clifftop Conclusion~

Ducky look over at his trainer as she remains silent for a moment. His stare does not abate.

Elise sighs, then recounts the facts. "Tristan and his pokemon attacked me after demanding I leave Cobalt Springs. He was acting at the behest of someone. I wish I knew who that was."

Rawkking Goodguy on
    When you catch.
    When you train.

~Clifftop Conclusion~

Valdemar shakes his head in bewilderment, as the other Cobaltines near enough to hear Elise's gruff explanation gasp.

"That..." he replies, struggling to pick his words. "...is difficult," he finishes hoarsely, though whether he means to believe or to deal with is anyone's guess.

Taking in the reactions of the encampment, especially those of any lingering visitors, he continues cautiously.

"The laws of Cobalt are clear in a case such as this. You are an honored guest: to attack and make demands is unforgivable." He slowly takes a knee, avoiding Elise's gaze. "With your permission, he will be detained until more can be determined, and a fitting punishment is made to make right this insult to our hospitality."

edited March 2017
    What, I've got to provide proof? Father, hand me my-oh, right.

Also when we hit uptime, refreshing [Shieldmaiden] but not Bee Armor [Carapace Brigandine]

Rawkking Goodguy on
    Not, like, proof-proof. Bringing up punishment and asking permission already probably means, unless Tristan has something really snazzy to say in his defense, this is a done deal.

How done and how deal-y it is, we'll find out, I guess.

Just keep swimming just keep swimming

~Clifftop Conclusion~

"Thank you, Valdemar." Elise looks down in thought, before turning her gaze back to him. "With this incident, I worry that our encounter with the Legendary at Quartz has perhaps followed us to here. If this is truly our fault..." she raises up and places a fisted hand on her chest, "...I pledge to keep the people of Cobalt Springs safe from harm."

She offers Valdemar Tristan's apricorn and spear. "I would like you to entrust you with these."

~Clifftop Conclusion~

Valdemar gravely accepts the two articles of Tristan's from Elise, as well as her provisional explanation for the odd encounter and pledge of support.

"A foolish Lord or Lady indeed, if they would interfere with Cobalt Springs," he says dourly, glancing toward the still-unconscious Tristan. "We are a land and people of law, and none who would flaunt our borders or traditions escapes unjudged!"

He nods his head, tapping the hand holding the Apricorn on his bent knee. "We are unworthy of your generous offer, but I will see that you stay appraised of whatever, whoever, may have helped visit this mischief upon you."

Seems like that's that. The duel seems off the table for the moment thanks to being down one combatant and it being something of a touchy subject to have your guest battled twice in one day, regardless of prior arrangements. The raid may very well be put on hold as well, thanks to the more serious situation, and allegations, now put forth.

Oh well, surely something will come up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Way to go Elise, everything is now... in the most chaotic shambles. That is... Pokemon Voltage!

(Lets get downtime wrapped up already. It's been literally a year.)

Neo/shock/others got any ideas/leads/etc to pursue.

I've got "Ducky leads us somewhere ridiculous, again" if we come up empty

yeah ive been kinda at a lost for more stuff to do, i feels like i shouldnt start another downtime thing you know?

edited April 2017
    Downtime is tricky like that. I guess something could be worked out where you had a set number of 'events' you'd go through and once everyone had used their allotment up, you'd shift into uptime.

PbP makes everything trickier though, what with sporadic post schedules and shifting playerbase and hiatus-prone GM. Maybe nothing to do but your best and not worry overmuch when a week of time gets lost here and there. Not exactly on a serious time limit, that I know of.

Anyway, I've spoken with Rawk on the topic of seguing into Uptime, and the way I see it there's two broad paths from here. You could get back into civilization and work the humanity angle, making friends, encouraging trade, participating in intrigue, and all that business.

Other option is to pursue the Legend angle, try and figure out Cobalt's deal, and maybe have it out with those Legends that are conveniently nearby/interested in you.

Latter seems likely if only by sheer number of plotlines up for grabs in that direction, but Makai certainly has clan ties and fame to think about, and Elise has her political and economic ambitions to live up to. Going further down the Legendary rabbit hole would probably put those on hold, but would probably help serve Ducky's ideals of human/pokemon cooperation, and Makai's desire to get a pantheon going.

Either way, I'll get something written to wrap this chapter up when I've a free moment.

Edit: I also like the idea that after dealing with one difficulty - a shattered humanity or an antagonistic Legendary Pokemon community - you can proceed to direct the rewards of handling it towards approaching the other.

We've seen what a united and motivated humanity can do against a full powered Legend in New Quartz Town, as well as what human-Legend alliances can accomplish with the violent terrorism of the Prismatic cult and the politically motivated meddling of Amaranth and the Lord of the Forest.

Marshmallow on
    TheJudgement.png
    Along the road of no return
    To the House where those who dwell do without light
    Where dirt is their drink, their food is of clay
    Where, like a bird, they wear garments of feathers
    And light cannot be seen, they dwell in the dark
    And upon the door and bolt lies dust.

~Cobalt Encampment~ :whistle:

The sun rises on a new day, the camp slowing stirring awake as a few of the early morning hunters return with trapped rabbits and shot partridge, raking over the coals of the central fire to get a start on breakfast.

From the inside of their tents, the traveling trainers can hear concerned murmurs from a gathering crowd, something is clearly wrong, though not quite enough to raise an alarm or start a panic. Yet, anyway.

Nearby, localized waves of heat swirl through the cool morning air, causing the troubled locals to keep their distance and throw strange glances at a hovering Kai'kcul. The Meteorite Pokemon watching the encampment's developing commotion through ever-narrowed eyes, as its psychic powers casually crack and chip away at a shard of recovered stealth rock currently held fast in a greenish glow that matches the flickering in the Solrock's distant gaze.

edited April 2017
    [PKMN]
    [Shieldmaiden] [Cobalt Springs Tradition] [Lay of the Land]

~Ducky & Fenrir's Bizarre Adventure~ :whistle:

psyaduck.pngHey.

Ducky speaks, duckly body present next to Fenrir.

psyaduck.pngHey

Ducky repeats himself He reaches out and touches him with a tiny webbed hand...appendage...hand.

psyduckuhhhrgh.pngWhat's the sunstar doing outside of its container?

He adds, looking uncharacteristically concerned.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    What, you expect someone with phenomenal cosmic power to stay in their itty bitty living space?

[PKMN]

~Cobalt Encampment~
    Elise walks up to one of the clusters of people whispering, intent on finding out what all the fuss is about. The stolid social knight doesn't too much to hide her presence or disguise her blatant eavesdropping, but chooses not to have a pokemon at her side.

Or so she thinks. Unbeknownst to her, a combee with uncharacteristically flying with nary a buzz hovers behind her.

~Cobalt Encampment :whistle:

The small group stutters into silence as they notice Elise approach, almost certainly more intimidated by her approach than in an attempt to hide what they were speaking about.

One of the braver members meets the nobles eyes, then turns to take in a corner of the encampment. Following her gaze, Elise would notice guards standing sheepishly near an open tent, and Valdemar crouching hopeless by the bonfire, staring into the dying embers as his Electabuzz paces nervously nearby.

"He's gone," the brave Colbatine mutters to Elise without looking away from the scene. "Fled in the night."

"Had help," she adds, darkly, as the crowd around her murmurs.

Houndour.pngMakai is challenging himself. If he can bring this puffed up pretender under heel...

Houndour.pngHis power and skill may scare off weaklings, and attract other worthy foes and allies..

HoundourRight.png At least that's what I think.

"The Sun Shrine is looking glorious today. Don't you all agree!" Makai walks towards the group as if nothing was wrong. "In order to get us all hyped for the competition and the raid I though I'd make a little arena. Excellent work Kai'kcul."

edited July 2017
    [PKMN]

~Ducky & Fenrir's Bizarre Adventure~

psyaduck.pngHuh.

Ducky looks over in the distance at Makai cheerfully greeting the Cobaltines.

psyaduck.pngHow's that going?

psyaduck.png...

psyaduck.pngDo you think he needs any help?

~Cobalt Encampment~ :whistle:

"Oh, Makai." Elise remarks.

"It looks like Tristan escaped into the night." she informs.

She pauses to think. "There is nothing else we could have done. How else could we justifiably act in response to yesterday's events?" she concludes, empathizing the we to mean everyone present, traveler or tribesperson alike. "We will just need to be... vigilant? ...now that we know this threat is larger than anticipated?"

She secretly hopes Makai has some grandiose plan or plot, because she's not really sure how to proceed with this.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    Tanaka, Gigen & Numel |PKMN|
    [Bell Bonze] ~ [Shakuhachi] ~ [Badling of Lotad] - [Well Supplied] ~ Volt: 3

Slowly, the many voices around him condense into one, low and soft, and piece by piece, Gigen comes back into the light. A scene sharpens before him, a small stone half swallowed by greenery, and on the other side of this is his trainer- with someone else.

Tanaka sits chatting with a chubby yellow... thing. A snake? A drill? A winged, magic worm?

Gigen does not know. No one knows, not even the gods.

He chatters.

"Osu, aniki!" Says Tanaka, with a smile. "Come over and meet our new friend." He gestures at the Thing. The Thing coughs out a greeting.

Gigen is creeped out. But he scrabbles over the rock, and stares at the newcomer.

"His name's Dunsparce, and he's gonna be travelling with us for a while."

Gigen thinks that's just a great idea, but he guesses this thing can tag along, if it's what his brother wants. He tentatively stretches a finger towards the creature in greeting. Dunsparce bites it, gently, and calmly moves its head up and down. The ghost type uses his unbendable will to suppress the resulting horde of shudders.

Tanaka smiles even wider. "Ha, you're actually getting along! That's a load off my mind." His knees crack as he rises to our feet. "You guys can get to know each other better on the walk back to camp." He looks into the setting sun, and then across the miles of marshland. "We've been gone for a while..."

Gigen climbs up to his rightful place, and he and his wards all march back to camp.

On the way, Our Hero, Gigen notices something rather strange. While he has his eyes trained on the newcomer, the worm falls slowly behind the rest of the party, but when his keen stones stray to other important business, the not-quite-a-snake is right back with everyone else. Very strange. Gigen's disgust slowly begins to morph into fascination.
    ~~~~~~~~~

Tanaka arrives back in the camp in the morning, having stopped on a good pile of moss for a deserved travel siesta. He finds the place in a bit of disarray.

"Uh, howdy folks. What'd I miss?"

*glances at previous post*

Photobucket this is the last straw.