As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Poké] Voltage: A No, No, No Sort Of Thing

• MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Making a GM post would feel an awful lot like interrupting at this point.

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    Bhutso & Mara

The holy man snorts, a low chuckle escaping his lips. "So good to have some light shed on these antics! Let's hope that the mischief remains harmless, lest we have a troublesome journey ahead" he muses, his posture lax. "It certainly won't be a short one, and it seems many of us lack swift feet to carry us" he eyes the flaming horse with admiration, gently extending a blackened hand towards her crackling mane.

edited January 2012
    GM

While the new graduates busy themselves with ascertaining each others' plans following graduation, and reaffirming their acquaintances, the party continues around them, the food table constantly crowded and small groups of mutual friends arranging on the floor as they try to balance their filled plates and cups.

The door to the room opens and admits a young man, a few years junior of even the recent graduates. The jingle of chainmail and clank of his gauntlets against the wooden door as he closes it is out of place enough to gain the guard a few curious looks from nearby attendees, but the newcomer studiously ignores the stares, looking around the room for someone.

Eventually, he spots who he's looking over, and strides over to one of the Academy's teachers, a professor in caring for adolescent Pokemon. The professor's surprise at the sudden approach turns to seriousness as the armored guard, hand resting on the sword at his side, gives a hushed, whispered explanation. Nodding his understanding, the professor ditches his half-eaten meal at the table and walks to a group of his colleagues, guard in tow, and interrupts their conversation, obviously spreading whatever news it was the guard brought to his attention.

Coming to a collective decision that none of them seem to like very much, several of the teachers begin moving to take their leave the party, others going instead to try and pry their active Pokemon away from the buffet, presumably so they can make their coordinated exit as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Plot time, plot time.

Feel free to ignore this if you are still having fun interacting.

Marshmallow on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    So is Catarine a graduating student at malachite academy or did she just arrive in town recently? I get the impression that its the later, but wanted to confirm that for later reactions.

Elise & Zeal

Elise remains composed, intently observing the conversation and events unfolding without a trace of emotion.

To Elise, the other noble's well-dressed attire at a military academy's graduation ceremony forms an association in Elise's mind between Catarine and some of the more...tiresome members of the Malachite court. Of course that means that... a quick glance confirms that yep...Catarine certainly has caught the attention of some of Elise's family and their various hanger-ons. Even one of her brothers...Mark, who do you think you're fooling?!

Elise calms herself, some of that well-decorated leather may have a...tertiary use of deflecting a sword blow. Pretty much everyone, including herself, was dressed up to an extent...and it wasn't like this noble was wearing nothing but silk and jewelry. Did that monk just imply her family are excellent warriors?

Elise lets out a slight smile that she thinks is an appropriate appropriate response to all the good-natured antics emerging around her, before locking her gaze on Catarine's eyes. She extends a hand clad in a metal gauntlet dyed a dark, almost black shade of green.

"Elise Corbeau of Malachite. It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Demaské."

Zeal turns to address the knightly Blade Pokemon, but seems unsure of how to proceed. Recalling the lady's earlier nervous demeanor, the combee smiles and takes off in an aerial dash.

She returns with two cups of tea on small plates, pressing them into Catarine and the Gallade's hands.

"Ah...I see Zeal wanted to greet you in her own way." Elise chuckles.

Suddenly the Combee returns again, pressing a plated cup of tea into Tanaka's left hand. Then in his right hand...

...the littlest saucer, placed on top of a miniature silk serviette. Zeal looks at Tanaka and chirps happily, gesturing at Gigen before quickly retreating to Elise's side.

The Combee pauses for a few moments, pleased with herself before glancing at the scene of only four with tea. A look of growing consternation slowly builds up, before the Combee at last flies off and bringing additional cups to anyone who is willing to accept them.

Edit: dangit marsh, consider this post before the events shown above.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    Tanaka & Gigen

Gigen snatches his tiny tea away from the bee before she can give it to his confidant. A man's tea must always be given to him directly, even despite the host's wishes. Taknaka's eyebrows raise as he watches the teachers file out of the room. He and the gremlin share a look and then down their tea in a single swallow.

Pakki slides up to one of the teachers.

"Something the matter?"

edited January 2012
    GM

Tanaka gets a hold of Mr... Bossan? He's quite sure? This particular scruffy-looking teacher is in the unusual, approximately 40 years old range, his dark hair fighting a losing battle against grayness but currently winning the war against balding. "Ah, Tanaka, always so perceptive." He gives the Sableye perched on the monk's shoulder an amused glance before shaking his head.

"Ahem, sorry. A bit, yes. Small problem at the West wall. One of the lookouts was asleep again. We're going to go give it a look, just in case," he explains, gesturing casually at the inscribed sphere at his side that holds the man's Pidgeot companion.

"Nothing to worry about, though I wish the lookouts would take their job more seriously. Things have been quiet for years but it wasn't always that way." Noting the look on Tanaka's face, he coughs and wraps up. "Anyway, we'll take care of it. Old farts like us have nothing better to do then check out false alarms."

Marshmallow on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    So is Catarine a graduating student at malachite academy or did she just arrive in town recently? I get the impression that its the later, but wanted to confirm that for later reactions.

Well I'm playing her as if it's the latter; she does not strictly speaking have a pokémon of her own, with Yojimbo being more of a family-associated bodyguard. But I figure her family can pull the relevant strings to get her into the graduation party regardless. (Although of course if this doesn't gel with Marsh I can always change it.)

Catarine and Yojimbo

Catarine curtsies at the greeting from Elise, the traditional formal greeting of a young lady of significant social standing. Besides Elise may technically outrank her, especially here in Elise's own provenance, so it's best to be overtly courteous. As Catarine rises she is belatedly realises Elise had been expecting a handshake, something which would have been considered unusual in Catarine's own court, but then again a noble woman wearing protective garb at a formal function, perhaps this is the norm here. In an attempt to cover her faux pas Catarine firmly grasps the proffered gauntlet and shakes vigorously.

'A pleasure Lady Corbeau, it is always a pleasure to meet a fellow of ones own heirachy. I'm certain we shall get along splendidly,' she states with a well practiced smile.

Yojimbo studies the young woman as she turns to him, clearly a warrior, and well accustomed to it. Likely holds the prancing sycophants of societies upper echelons in less than high regard. In this situation he doubted there would be any threat towards his ward, but differing personalities and beliefs can quickly escalate to conflict amongst humans. He will have to attempt to alleviate any such occurances between the two nobles.

He is sprung from his obsevations by a subdued buzzing as a bee-like creature attempts to press a cup and saucer into Catarine's hands, and then into his own when she accepts the gift. He surreptitiously sniffs at the cup, boiled plant matter, a trace of honey perhaps? No discernable poisons at any rate, he swaps his cup with Catarine's and repeats the process. Catarine sips delicately from the new cup, despite not having touched a drop of the previous one, they have played this game before to many times. Not that she expected poison at a place like this, but one can never be too careful around new people, or around old aquaintances come to that...

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Tullius and Timaeus

Tullius and Timaeus both take the offered cups from the Combee, Tullius giving Zeal a gentle pat on the head in thanks. He takes a sip, though he was never one for hot beverages outside of winter. He turns to Elise. "Your friend there is quite the polite creature." He looks down at Timaeus who is still munching on fish with his bare hands.

When he overhears the disturbance and the teacher's explanation, he addresses nobody in particular as he wonders aloud, "Do you think we should follow them and see what's going on?"

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Rokaan & Obake

The situation isn't lost on the ninja either, "I got this," Rokaan says to Tullius.

"Hey Obake, pocket spy and jump ship when gets weird or quiet. I won't be far."
    Obake nods, and is suddenly a coin with a :| face again. Rokaan picks him up, and walking past one of the teachers, slips the ditto into the teach's pocket. Soon he rejoins the graduate group, "A bit after they leave we'll do a bit of tailing."

Roll: 3 + 1d6 vs 5
    Result: 5 vs 5 SUCCESS

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    edited January 2012
    GM

Noting one of the teachers is wearing a loose jacket, Rokaan manages to intercept him before he leaves, dropping Obake into a roomy pocket before backing off as if he didn't see the man in time.

Offering a curt nod and half-mumbled apology for the near collision, the teacher continues towards the door none the wiser about the unusual passenger he's picked up.

Marshmallow on
    edited January 2012
    Bhutso & Mara

Buzzing from behind distracts him momentarily, his hand pulling back from the flaming mount. "Ah, how kind," says Bhutso, graciously accepting the cup of tea. He sips thoughtfully, letting the wisps of steam waft over his face. "Chai tea is always so soothing," he remarks, observing the shrinking party surrounding him. "Likely it's nothing, I think. We'll know soon enough on their return. Still, if the party opts to move out into the sun I won't mind" he resolves, gliding to the door to get a peek outside.

Squall on
    Tanaka & Gigen

"Well if it's a false alarm, then you shouldn't mind me taggin' along, eh?" Tanaka says, smiling professionally.

edited January 2012
    GM

Bossan raises an eyebrow, but shrugs in response to Tanaka's diligence. "If you really want to, of course. We can talk about what you plan to do now that you've graduated, if you like."

He gestures for the monk to follow while unhooking his Apricorn. "How are you getting along with the Sableye, by the by? Difficult creatures," he adds amiably, oblivious to Gigen's feelings on being referred to as such.

Marshmallow on
    Tanaka & Gigen

"We get along great!" Tanaka says, following the teacher. Gigen doesn't seem to mind being called difficult, assuming the man is talking about his less honorable kin.

"As for where I'm going, a bunch of the other graduates where talking about heading to Quartz. Sounds like a good enough place to start."

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Oh man, I'm not posting enough. Gotta catch up.

Gawain and Amber

As Tanaka and Bossan get ready to leave, Amber whinny's quietly and shakes her head in their direction. Gawain's gaze follows her direction.

"Ah, right, good thinking," Gawain whispers as Amber's plan dawns on him. He gives the Rapidash the last of his apple and jumps onto her back. He has her catch up to the two and arrives right as Bossan asks about Gigen.

"He seems perfectly well-behaved to me," Gawain chimes in. "Though I only have to humor him, not take care of him."

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    GM

"Quartz, Quartz..." Bossan repeats, frowning in concentration. "That's... North right? Should be a fun trip for you lot. Lovely scenery," he adds a shade uncertainly. He turns at the sound of clopping hooves on the stone floor as Gawain and Amber catch up.

"Ah, joining us on our little excursion, perhaps?" he inquires, looking up at the mounted young man. "We could make an exercise of it, if you'd like the riding practice."

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Rokaan & Obake

Rokaan is downcast as other students file out behind the teacher. "Well, shit."

But instead of falling in step he sticks to his plan, stalking behind them covertly. If things got dicey, he'd get the jump on it. As he darts from shadow to shadow though, he can't help but feel like he's wasting time. It's tough being a ninja.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    Gawain and Amber

Upon hearing Bossan's suggestion, Amber breaks into a trot and manages to circle around him before Gawain calms her down.

"Ah, sorry about that," Gawain says sheepishly. "I was originally intending to just get out of that cramped party, but I think Amber would give me the silent treatment if I didn't take you up on your offer."

IKknkhU.gif
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Akan & Iktomi

The swarthy boy sticks his hands in his pocket and uneasily moseys back to the food table.

Lots of Nobles around. Lots of Ladies. Lots of Councilmen and Curtsies and Capital letters. Akan tries to hide his unease by digging into some more food, when Iktomi tugs at his pants legs. He instantly picks up on the sudden tension in the air. Something is happening.

Iktomi is bobing up and down excitedly. "You wanna get involved in what's going on I suppose." She brings he mandibles together and there are blue sparks. "Alright, let's go." Akan turns to follow Bossan, put is stopped by something tugging at his pant leg. "Really?" She looks up at him pleadingly. He sighs and rolls his eyes in acquiescence.

Iktomi scrambles up back of Akans legs. Beginning at the waist there is hole, or perhaps more of a pocket really, that the giant spider slips into. As she ascends her master's back the brownish gold and indigo are consumed completely by the rough spun forest green material. At the apex, a set of furry mandibles poke out at the base of Akan's neck, before retreating back. While she could easily move a up a bit more and poke out her head, she seems content to ride in he her satchel pocket with compound eyes glinting through a slit in the fabric. Seemingly used to this behavior, Akan just sticks his hands in his pockets and ambles along. As if it's just a furry Knapsack* and not a 22lb bug. Behind him Iktomi chitters happily.**

"Sooo...what's up?" He sheepishly asks as he joins the group.

Spider BackPack, you know you want one
    buzzBuzzmotherfucker.jpg

NeoToma on
    Tullius and Timaeus

Not about to be left behind, Tullius quaffs the remainder of his tea (burning his mouth a bit in the process) and lifts Timaeus up into his arms before scurrying off in the wake of departures.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Catarine and Yojimbo

It seems a fair few people are making their egress of the hall, surely the party is not over already? No, there are still some guests chatting and eating as normal, something else must be going on elsewhere in the town, and anything which is drawing so much attention cannot be entirely wholesome. Catarine suddenly regrets not bringing a sword, unseemly as a weapon at an occasion such as this might be it would have made her feel better now, and she could probably have passed it off as ceremonial...

'Yojimbo, could you go and fetch an epée from my quarters? It's probably nothing but the last thing I want here is to be caught unarmed if there is an, occurance. I'll try and find out what's going on,' she mutters to her companion, who gives a curt nod and teleports from the room.

Catarine then turns to the Lady Corbeau; 'So Elise, do you want to throw some prestige around? There's got to be someone here we can bully into telling us what the situation is.'

• TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Kenzo and Oni

Kenzo remained eerily quiet throughout the other graduates' exchanges, opting to remain quiet and only speak when spoken to. He even graciously (and politely) refused the cup of tea (not that he didn't mind to have one, but the sweet, delicate scent of the tea could have drove Oni to.... lose it, as people would like to refer that term). Let the humans lords have their human titles, he thought to himself. Oracles were well known mediators between Pokemon and humans, but ironically never felt part of either species's lifestyle. For Kenzo, nobility and such were such supposedly simple concepts that humans only find ways to complicate further, with trivialities like hierarchy, titles, and duties to the family and name.

However, Kenzo was honestly curious about this 'problem' the guards were having at the west wall. Picking up his simple wooden staff and indicating to Oni they were going, he briefly smiled at Bossan. "Whether or not it is a false alarm, is it not the duty of every guard to inspect it? I for one would like to come along, if your willing. The library is closed today due to the graduation, and I would certainly like to spend my time on more fruitful matters, like helping out. What do you say?"

Oni snorts before stretching out and standing up, looking at his master diligently and awaiting orders.

Don't know if I'd have to roll a persuasion check here, since I doubt the guard would like to have a harbinger of disasters coming along.

TiamatZ on
    edited January 2012
    I think the graduation ceremony has already occurred and doesn't particularly matter much anyways. If Catarine doesn't have an apricorn device you could probably get one from the teachers or Elise's family; I don't know how much one's family could "pull strings" in a town outside their own with the implied lack of contact in between cities, but simply making a credible claim to nobility is probably enough to gain a good degree of hospitality from a city's elite out of a desire to appear generous to others with influence.

Which makes me think it'd be hilarious if some of the other PCs made up noble titles and dressed up in Quartz, albeit probably unwise.

Elise & Zeal

Elise chuckles at the Gallade's investigation of the tea. She takes a sip of her own cup before turning to Zeal and speaking.

"It would do you well to pay attention to the Lady's bodyguard's example, Zeal. Surely not all places we visit will be as friendly and hospitable as Malachite."

The Combee chirps in response, its friendly stare now fixated on the Gallade's movements. It's a bit unnerving.

Some moments later, the teas now finished, Catarine poses her question to Elise.

"Yes," she affirms, taking another glance at the occurrences, "we shall cut our conversation short and investigate this." Elise strides towards a professor having some difficulty retrieving an ape-like pokemon from the the buffet, the monkey stubbornly holding onto a duck leg that it had picked up from the ground nearby. Elise firmly taps the man on his shoulder, distracting him enough to lose his grip on the duck leg entirely, the monkey quickly stuffing it in his mouth, bones and all.

"Professor Turner," she fixes her serious gaze on him, "What is the meaning of this disturbance? Surely you would not withhold anything that would be a danger to my family?" She gestures at the crowd of nobles still eating and talking amongst themselves.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    Catarine and Yojimbo

With Elise chasing up answers from the faculty Catarine sets her sights on a slightly nervous looking guard stood towards the edge of the room. His armour is slightly shinier than that of most of the other guards, possibly a captain or sergeant? Or just an over vigurous buffer? Perhaps merely the first into the armoury this morning. She crosses to him with a confident stride. His gaze darts periodically to the halls entrance, but he spots Catarine and bows formally.

'Ser, I am the Lady Catarine Demaské, is there some sort of problem here? My family was told Malachite would be safe for my arrival, I trust they won't be disappointed?'

At this moment the ladies chaperone makes a timely entrance, presenting an ornate duelling sword which she buckles deftly about her waist.

'Ah Yojimbo,' she thanks the loyal pokémon, 'just in time; this man is about to explain whatever this ruckus is about...'

Oh, you wacky nobles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GM

Bossan smiles at Gawain's answer. "Well, don't let her boss you around too much." He turns around and notices with a chuckle that he's picked up a veritable crowd of followers.

"I don't quite remember my field trips being this popular in the past," he says with mock annoyance, before waving a hand in acquiescence. "Once more then, for old times' sake," he continues, flippantly. "I might as well have one last walk with you lot while I can. Before you go out into the world and make heroes of yourselves, that is."

He looks Kenzo and his Absol up and down, carefully after the oracle's request to come with. "You're welcome to join us as well, if that's your wish. Do try and not wander off this time, though."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Professor Turner heaves his unruly Mankey up and stows it under an arm while it noisily digests the stolen meat. "Apologize for interrupting your meal, my dear, but it's the usual same-old, same-old. Some rapscallions have neglected their duties and so we've a short jaunt into the city to make our inspections. Make sure nothing has had the good fortune to sneak inside while the walls went unattended."

As Elise remembers, this sort of thing isn't terribly uncommon. Though duty-shirkers tend to get given the nasty punishment duties, many sentries feel a short nap or game of cards won't cause any problems, especially since visitors for as long as anyone can remember have been small groups of peaceful travelers or traders looking for a place to stay the night or to refresh their supplies.

Still, there are dangerous Pokemon in the wilds, and though it's fortunate they've stayed well away from Malachite, it's a fortune many of the nobles and teachers won't trust to hold out forever. Even something as simple as a Rattata burrowing through a wall into Malachite (and they certainly can, she recalls one of Prof. Bossan's field trips where he pointed out the toothmarks on a tunnel through solid rock) can be cause for alarm, as the tiny, purple rodents can breed rapidly and gnaw their way into storage rooms.

"I assure you your family is in no danger. Likely as not we'll find nothing, but 'tis better to be safe than sorry, as they say."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The guard salutes smartly at Catarine's request. "Malachite is safe as could be, m'lady," he says crisply, eyes straight forward. "Routine patrol outside the Town walls," he continues with an emphasis on the outside. He stumbles a bit, figuring that someone not native to Malachite might not understand what he means. "'Outside' as in outside the Malachite where folks live," he explains in a slightly more casual tone. "They'll be trekking through the abandoned bits of the city looking for trouble. Boring as hell, can't say I envy 'em."

Realizing what he just said, he snaps back to attention, a blush creeping up his face from his gorget. "Nothing to worry about, Miss," he finishes his eyes flicking towards Yojimbo, momentarily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those following Bossan outside quickly find the rest of the Pokemon-accompanied teachers and even a few students milling around, apparently divvying up responsibilities. One of the elderly organizers gives Bossan an incredulous look as he walks into view surrounded by a gaggle of graduates, which he responds to with a cheerful grin and a shrug.

Rolling her eyes, she jabs a thumb Westward and clearly mouths the words "Wall" so she could be understood over the crowd. Good-naturedly nodding his assent, Bossan shouts back "cheers, love!" which gets him a glare and wave to get out of here, already.

"We got the long one, today," he continues in a normal voice to the graduates. "If that's more walking than you bargained for in your fancy clothes, now's the time to change your mind, darlings."

Tanaka & Gigen

"Didn't know I was gonna make you so popular, Bossan." Pakki flashes a cocky grin. Gigen chitters something about how it probably had more to do with him.

"Ain't afraid of any dirt, either."

Bhutso & Mara

Stretching his arms skyward, Bhutso lets out a content yawn, slowing his pace. "I'm afraid you'll have to forgive me for declining, Sensei; it's a shade too chilly up on the wall today I think, and I so enjoy sunbathing in the courtyard after a fine meal. The wind will carry our voices should there be any trouble."

He bows graciously, seating himself on a nearby stone bench to relax in the morning sun. His posture slackens, casually taking in the scene in the courtyard: lax partygoers, students milling about, their instructor doling out commands in her usual flustered manner. She isn't exactly softspoken, but the lively crowd surrounding her makes him strain to hear her words.

Catarine and Yojimbo

Catarine smiles inwardly at the guards slip of the tongue, she may have called one of her own guards out for it had he behaved similarly at home, but here there was no point raising a fuss.

'Well so long everything is under control, I shan't pressue myself into Malachite business without undue need. I'll take your word that I won't be fighting off some barbaric horde before day's end. Although I suppose if there is no danger you wouldn't mind my stepping outside briefly? I shall not wan't false rumours of cowardice tarring my, and by extension my families, reputation,' proposed Catarine, moving to pass the guard and step into the outer cloister.

edited January 2012
    Elise & Zeal

"I see." She pauses for a second. "I'll be joining you; it would be nice to have one last glimpse of the former city before leaving. I'll meet you at the grounds exit after I explain things to my family."

She walks over to the group of nobility, saying a few brief words and waving as she picks up a peacebonded, well-sharpened halberd with a polished oaken haft leaning against a table. Securing it to a strap on her back, Elise heads for the exit.

"Well then, all that leaves is Lady Demaské, perhaps I should...well, it seems she is heading right towards us." Elise waves, and speaks up so that Catarine can hear her. "Well! I was going to offer you an introduction to my family so you'd have some company for the rest of the party, but I see you have decided to join us on patrol?" A rare smile emerges on Elise's face.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    Catarine and Yojimbo

Catarine returns an elegant wave; 'As much as I love the occasional soirée, and I do, I am rather interested in seeing just how you do things here in Malachite and this little patrol looks to be as good an excuse as any to have a look around. I will not have it said that I was stood around the buffet table when given the opportunity to accompany you!'

Tullius and Timaeus

Tullius clears his throat a bit. "Looking at me, huh? Well apparently these robes and I have to travel the world, so I'd better get used to it sooner rather than later."

doodle city

Hiwrm.gif

yeah

yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeaaaaahh

(Voltage5.gif)

Gawain and Amber

"Now, see, the benefit of having a Rapidash for a friend is that I'm not the one who has to worry about long distances," Gawain says as he gives Amber a pat on her neck. She responds with a half-hearted buck. It's nothing Gawain can't handle, but her point is taken.

"Don't get sassy with me. I pamper you for most of the day. It's only fair that you pamper me every once in a while."

She snorts.

"That's right, I do have a good point."

IKknkhU.gif
    edited January 2012
    Thinkin' of doing a big 'ole update tomorrow afternoon-ish.

Would do it right now, but work at 4am puts a dampener on that kinda thing. So, if'n you wanna get your RP on in the meantime have funsies. If not, sit tight I guess!

Marshmallow on
  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    Hudson and Esther

Hudson quietly observes the crowd as he follows Bossan. If this was really just a small investigation, then why are there so many people mobilizing? He whispers to Esther: "keep your eyes open."

Hudson's bow is out, and his hand is ready to draw an arrow.

I'm not sure what's more tightly strung, Hudson or his bow.

Oh well, paranoia never hurt a PC.

Being less sane is not a type of harm.

(All PCs are crazy anyways)

GM

The group sets out on their de facto mission to go check the West Wall for issues. The walk has Bossan in a good mood, and despite his earlier chattiness he's content to leave the graduates alone with their thoughts, cheerily whistling to himself as they move first through the Malachite streets, then into the abandoned structures beyond.

Sticking to the only slightly cluttered roads, the party makes good time, stopping occasionally for Bossan to hail the guards on duty at a particular section of the wall with a shouted greeting or a couple directed flashes of the mid-day sun with the aid of a small hand-mirror in the case of the tower-bound sentries.

It doesn't take long for shit to hit the fan, naturally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey! Hey you!" Bossan barks out loudly, attracting the group's attention as they meander down an abandoned street perpendicular to the wall. He points down the street, across from a collapsed section of the city wall where a tall figure, darkened in the shadow of a nearby tower, freezes. Then, grabbing at something small beside it, it dodges into the destroyed building next to it, prompting a cussing fit from Bossan.

"Sto- Damn it, don't you run! Augh!" He darts forward, then stops. "Someone circle around the other side. There shouldn't be anyone out this way." Pulling his Apricorn from his belt, he slaps the side of it with the heel of one hand, causing it to click sharply and begin glowing incandescently. "Gonna get an aerial view. Don't let 'em get away, whoever they are!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Encounter Begin

Map1.png

Bossan, the Trainers, and their Pokemon* start on Street C. The mysterious figure just moved from Broken Wall A to House A

* Rokaan and Obake may start in any Arena they like, due to being especially sneaky gits.

Each Hex represents an Arena. A Trainer or Pokemon may Shift from their current Arena to an adjacent one at the start or end of their turn. The six Arenas arranged around each Arena are considered adjacent EXCEPT for Tower Top.

Tower Top is only adjacent to Tower Bottom. Tower Bottom is considered adjacent to House A in addition to House B.

In order to get a count of who's participating in this shindig. Go ahead and and take one normal shift action to begin. (ie. Declare which Arena, within one shift of Street C, your Trainer and Pokemon will be sitting in when I start shit for real-reals.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I guess I gotta be the one to give Halos a Voltage5.gif for drawing their character. Just awful.

Gawain and Amber will shift into Street B

IKknkhU.gif