As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Poké] Voltage: A No, No, No Sort Of Thing

• MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    GM - Map

[1,4] Rokaan's initial slash goes wide as the thrashing Aerodactyl's head sweeps unexpectedly to the side. [3,6] The benefit of having a living weapon becomes apparent, however, as Obake curls back around to draw itself around the monstrous Pokemon's neck.

And then Rokaan jumps off the top of the Tower and is sorta... hanging from the chain now. That Aerodactyl is strong. The ninja at least seems to be heavy enough that his foe has to grip tightly to the stone tower, its head pulled ungainly to one side by the unusual tactic. Cearly won't be taking flight until it loses the unfortunate hanger-on.

Aerodactyl takes 1 Damage! It's not very effective...
    Aerodactyl is Impeded! (Can't Shift its next turn).

Player Turn End!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bossan

Catching Hudson's punch painfully against his forearm, Bossan nearly falls back down from the force of the blow.

"Asshole! See if risk my neck for you again!" he shouts, completely livid, before stumbling over to his Pidgeot, which is favoring one of its legs heavily. After checking its wings for damage, he begins to gently lead it to the edge of the wall, apparently so it can take flight again.

Bossan takes 1 Damage!

Skirmisher B

Using a free hand, the bloodied Skirmisher raises himself up from the street. Hissing through his teeth, he flings himself towards Amber, his scimitar flashing out dangerously. Not sticking around to appreciate his handiwork, the savage fighter uses his momentum to propel himself down an alleyway. Coming to a stop at the base of the guard tower, where he is brought up short by the confusion caused by the dangling ninja duo

4,4 vs. 3 - Hit! Amber takes 1 Damage!
    Mobile - Shifts to House A
    Shifts to Tower Bottom

Aerodactyl

Skips turn.

Archer C

Rokaan gets a momentary glimpse of a hooded head peering over the roof edge, a tuft of feathers decorating each shoulder. The head disappears, then reappears holding a bow out in front of it. An arrow zips past with a noise like torn cloth, and Rokaan and Obake feel themselves falling as the projectile severs the Obake-chain that was tethering them to the Aerodactyl.

2,5 vs. 3 - Hit! Obake takes 1 Damage!

Archer A/B

Atop the Torterra, the pair of Archers draw arrows from hip quivers in unision, and send a duo of deadly darts into the melee taking place at the edge of the Wall. Mitsuhide leaps into action, protecting his charge, Catarine, with his own body. Elise has no such protector, but her armor serves her well, the metal tip ricochets off one of her greaves, startling her, but causing no lasting damage.

6,4 vs. 2 - Hit! Mitsuhide takes 1 Damage!
    1,4 vs. 4 - Miss! Elise takes 0 Damage!

Torterra

Heedless of the targets of its mounted allies, the Torterra spots the fiery equine in the open streets in front of it and charges, recklessly. Once it gets in range, the behemoth begins stamping at the ground with all four legs, shattering paving stones like glass plates and sending cracks and rends spreading across the ground. As the Archers hold on for dear life, Amber is jolted and shaken by the violently shivering earth beneath her.

Torterra Shifts to Street A
    Torterra used Earthquake!
    4,6 vs. 3 - Hit! Amber takes 2 Damage! It's Super Effective!
    Amber is Impeded! (Can't Shift her next turn).

Skirmisher A

Disregarding the heated battle taking place around him, this Skirmisher dodges away from the wall and into the street beyond. Taking a few long strides to build up speed, he leaps into the ruined street, hopping from boulder to boulder before slashing at his unlucky target, Tullius!

Skirmisher A Shifts to Street B
    Mobile - Shifts to Ruined Street
    6,1 vs. 3 - Hit! Tullius takes 1 Damage!

Knight A/B

The Knight assaulted by Zeal and tripped by Gigen gets to his feet, roaring and swinging his shield like a weapon, attempting to smash the impish Ghost type away. Gigen merely jumps off the man, and dodges backwards, easily avoiding the makeshift club.

The other Knight, seeing his chance as the Gallade that struck him moves to take an arrow for Catarine, rushes forward with his shield held in front, and shouts "Thunderfang!" at the Luxio, gesturing with his Mace towards the hovering trio of Zeals. Hefting his mace above his head, he brings it crashing down towards Mitsuhide

4,4 vs. 4 - Miss! Gigen takes 0 Damage!
    1,6 vs. 2 - Hit! Mitsuhide takes 1 Damage!

Luxio

Taking note of the Knight's command, the feline crouches, lightning pulses crawling across its face and teeth as its tail swishes in anticipation, and its eyes following the three flying Combee with deadly intent. Judging its timing carefully, it leaps into the air and seizes one of Combee images. Zeal shrieks in distress as the shocking jaws violently electrify her delicate body.

3,4,6 vs. 5 - Hit! Zeal take 2 Damage! It's Super Effective
    Zeal is Pushed to Street B!
    Luxio Shifts to Street B!

Houndour A/B

Ignoring Gawain, the Houndour keep their attention on their prey, slowly advancing on the panicking Woman before one leaps and latches onto her arm, dragging her to the ground. The other jumps into the fray only moments after its twin, jaws snapping at the prone Human with teeth that are rapidly stained red in the ferocity of its attack. As the woman falls, she inadvertently reveals what she was protecting. A young boy about 10 years old or so huddles in the corner, his face blank in shock.

2,5 vs 2 - Hit! Woman takes 1 Damage!
    3,1 vs 2 - Hit! Woman takes 1 Damage!
    Woman is Impeded! (Can't Shift her next turn).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Player Turn Begin!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a reminder, Amber took 1 Damage, then 2 Damage. Obake took 1 Damage. Mitsuhide took 1 Damage, then 1 more Damage. Tullius took 1 Damage. Zeal took 2 damage. And the Woman took 1 Damage, then 1 Damage.

Taking 1 Damage, then 1 Damage, is different from taking 2 Damage. The difference is that two instances of "1 Damage" can be split between two Traits, whereas one instance of "2 Damage" can only be applied to one Trait all at once. A Rank 2 Trait can absorb 1 Damage fine, but a 2 Damage attack would take it down to Rank 0, and knock your character out. It's very important to note how you apply Damage to yourself, so you don't accidentally end up with a fainted Pokemon or dead Trainer.

Also, Mitsuhide, Amber, and the Woman are in some serious danger at the moment.

One mooooore thing.

Knight A and Skirmisher B's Defenses have dropped to 2.
    Luxio's Defense has dropped to 3.

In case you didn't notice.

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Way to skip my turn dude. I guess I'll erase the long post I was going to make and just throw out something quick.

edited January 2012
    Kisses.

Edit: You can take two turns in a row if you want. I suspect you guys could use the help.

Marshmallow on
    Tullius and Timaeus

Tullius froze for a brief moment, but the excitement was all it took for Timaeus to dash off. Noticing his companion bolting into action unfroze Tullius, who took off after the otter. Each of them readied their weapons; Tullius unslung the metalbound Codex of Laws, and Timaeus drew his razor-sharp scalchop, holding it behind him like a samurai sword.

Timaeus, with a bit of a headstart, charged up a vicious Razor Shell attack, using a burst of speed to close straight from Street B into House A, where he brutally swung at the nearest Houndour.

[5,3 vs 3] HIT Houndour A for 1 damage!

Tullius isn't quite as fast as Timaeus, but does manage to get into the House just as Timaeus strikes his target.

(end of turn 1)

Tullius does not hesitate to leap into action himself, wielding the Codex like a short, very blunt mace. He orders Timaeus to continue his assault while he swings for the fences towards Skirmisher B.

[1,6,3 vs 2] HIT Skirmisher B for 1 damage!

The otter samurai points at Houndour A, designating his target with a glare that's about as angry as an adorable little otter can look. Striking with his scalchop blade in an x-like pattern, his Cross Chop viciously wounds the Dark and Fire type, smashing the canine against some of the nearby collapsed stone.

[6, 4, 1 vs 2] HIT Houndour A for 1 damage! (It's Super Effective!)

Two things: I wasn't sure how many dice to use for Tullius's attack. I guessed two or three? Shouldn't matter in this case since the third roll was low. Also, did Super Effective attacks deal an additional damage or get an additional die? Here he's got 3 (base attack, STAB, Dense terrain).

edited January 2012
    So long as a Trainer is attacking with deadly intent, they roll at least 2 dice. Favorable Terrain grants them a third die. If they are holding back or using a weapon they have no idea how to use properly, they only have a base of 1 die (Hudson only rolled one die when he punched Bossan, for instance).

Super Effective attacks will deal an extra point of damage, that way I don't have to reveal a Pokemon's weaknesses when you first attack them (and possibly slow things down as you or I have to roll an extra die).

Edit: With Timaeus' attack for round one, Houdour B's Defense is reduced to 1 for round two.

Marshmallow on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Hmm, I may have to jiggle Mitsuhide's stats around at some point; defense 2 isn't really good enough. I'll do it after this encounter though.

I'll have to drop 1 off of both Mitsuhide's stats now to stop him falling unconcious right? So he's down to 1 defense.

Catarine and Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide senses a dangerous intent toward his charge and moves to intercept the lethal arrowhead, stepping in front of Catarine he manages to raise an arm to catch the unwanted missile but the barbed shaft strikes deep into his hand. Whilst he seeks to extricate the arrowhead an armoured human swings a hefty mace towards him, an attack which he barely manages to catch with an upraised sword-arm although the impact still has a devastating toll on the blade pokémons fortitude. He grunts in frustration, clearly there is no honour amongst these scoundrels.

Seeing the danger her protector has put himself into on her behalf Catarine signals to Mitsuhide to switch positions; Mitsuhide throws open the guard of the mace wielding Knight (B) allowing Catarine to dart in with a viscious thrust between mail and cuirass. And if I'm reading everything right that should now be 3 dice (dangerous intent + terrain (Wall B - tight) against an opponent with armour 3 so:Rolled 3D6; 2, 6, 6; success The strike lands true and spears deep into the knights side as he stumbles backwards, Catarine uses her momentum to dart swiftly to the side and roll neatly into Street B.

Mitsuhide meanwhile disengages from the Knight and moves to harrass Catarine's former target; the swift moving feline has moved out into the open and the Gallade leaps the scattered ruble of the fallen wall to intercept it. The air around his arms shimmer with psychic force which whips up the dust around his feet as he dashes towards his target with a Psycho Cut (Rolled 2D6; 3, 4; success) And here I'm going to use my Voltage point to make the attack deal 1 extra damage. At the last possible instant Mitsuhide flickers out of sight and reappears behind the feline pokémon as it turned to face his onslaught but the damage had already been struck as a widening red line appeared in the creatures dark fur. Finally Mitsuhide vanished from the street one last time to reappear in the relative safety of House B where he could hopefully attempt to get this damn arrow out.

Umm, I think that's all correct, give me a shout if I did something wrong.

Halos Nach Tariff on
    edited January 2012
    Looks all good to me. Very well done. Have another Voltage3.gif on the house.

Marshmallow on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    Bhutso & Mara

Straining to hear her voice over the din of the courtyard, he drags himself to his feet once again to sidle his way thru the crowd, nearer to the instructor. It proves a difficult task, short as he is, swimming in a sea of tunics and robes, when a familiar pain shoots up his right forearm, white hot. "It will have to wait, I'm afraid," he mutters to himself, finally reaching the mentor's side.

"Looking to send all the students off to scout, Sensei, or do you plan to leave any here, lest another alarm is risen? I'd hate for the party to be completely deserted" he asks coyly, flashing a smile.

kro gets another Voltage3.gif for being stupid, reckless, completely insane, yet managing to come out of it [almost] unscathed.

• WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Hudson and Esther

"Risk your neck?!" Hudson shouts before looking around, "You almost-- almost...

. . .

oh."

Esther continues her assault on the knight, chucking razor-sharp stones at him, shredding his left arm and side.

1,4,5,6 vs. 2 - Hit! Knight A takes 1 damage!

Atta girl. Hudson gets a hold of himself, and draws his bow. Best to pick off the already injured. He takes a deep breath, then fires the arrow. It flies true, striking the man in the chest and felling him. He then skulks down the street to better consider his next shot.

4,4, vs. 1 - Hit! Knight A takes 1 damage! Knight A is defeated I think! Hudson Shifts to Street C

Whyther on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    You know who's already injured?

That friggin Luxio.

• Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Tanaka & Gigen

Gigen's smile grows wider as the fat, armored human gets pelted by projectiles. He grabs the technicolor knight by the arm and spins. And spins. And spins.

Gigen releases his opponent, and he gos soaring. After his trip, the knight falls through the roof of an old house. Gi follows him in, passing through the roof. Incredibly, the man is still breathing. Soon, though, he feels something tear into his gut. The last things the multicolored warrior sees are red covered teeth and unmoving eyes.

Gi waves at Timaeus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, assholes." Tanaka looks around. Everyone he was talking at seems to have left. "I was talking to you." His eye rests on the Luxio down below. "If there's one thing I hate more than anything else," He walks to the far end of the wall, and then runs toward the streetfacing edge. "It's being ignored!" He leaps from the wall. Half a second later his foot slams into the leonine pokemon. The monk vaults off of Luxio's ribs and lands gracefully on his feet, breaking bone and knocking the creature to earth in the process.

"So you'd best listen."

Shock G on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Makai & Iktomi

Makai paces back and forth in his hiding space unable to decide on a course of action.

ohmanohmanohman, this is serious. This is like real Life and death Hero stuff. That woman is looking pretty bad. She won't survive another attack...but there's still the Dragon on top of the tower! I know Iktomi wants the glory of taking down a freaking dragon. And truth be told, I kind of do too! But that's pretty selfish. Ugh. There's a knight in there. And the Otter. They seem far more protect the innocent types than me. But maybe... I want to become a Protect the Innocent Dude.There could be an interesting juxtopostion in that, you know, being a ninja-

Iktomi rolls 8 pairs of eyes and hisses at her incredi8ly indecisive master.

"Save the Princess. Slay the Dragon. Save the Princess. Slay the Dragon. Ughh."

Not wanting to waste more time, Iktomi makes the decision for her master. Out of the darkness, Houndour A is hit by a Yellow and Gold missile about the Size of a Bowling ball. The Spider's Claws and Teeth dig into him/her. Damage done, the Galvantula leaps out of her own skin and lands in the upper corner of [House A]'s wall In a [Defensive] posture. Iktomi's exoskeletal [Substitute] still embedded in Houndour A soft warm flesh.

Damnit, Stupid Spider. Makai decides to not be completely a dick. "Hey kid! Get out of there!" A flurry of Ninja Stars come out of the darkness to hit the weakened Houdour B.
    Iktomi Shifts to House A
    Iktomi Attacks Houdour A with Substitute then enters a Defensive position.
    Makai Attacks Houdour B with Throwing weapons.
    Makai Shifts to House A

NeoToma on
    There's no kill like overkill.

you are not done until your enemies are a thin, proteinaceous slurry

Tullius and Timaeus

Tullius is pretty well shaken regarding the sudden and extreme violence he just witnessed, and Timaeus is right along with him. He tries to speak, but he only manages a squeak. He wasn't made for battle... it always seemed glorious when it was other people doing the fighting and the dying, but when it was him....

But another look at the injured woman is the only reminder he needs. Either a fresh rush of adrenaline bolts through him, or he is galvanized by some other means. Regardless, he doesn't have any more trouble talking. "Intruder! In the name of Imperial Mandate Number Seven Three Two commissioning the creation of the Praetor Jurisdictional Post, I insist that you cease and desist your criminal activity immediately and release that woman! Stand down or I will be compelled to utilize lethal force!" His eyes are alight with the sort of passion that can only come from quoting regulations.

"Where did that come from?" he asked himself.

edited January 2012
    Oh man, I should probably change my action, I didn't consider those Archers

NeoToma on
    edited January 2012
    I'm not sure the Houndour are going to understand Tullius, Terr.

Worth a shot though, I guess.

Edit: Probably updating tomorrow morning. Woo days off.

Marshmallow on
    edited January 2012
    cant wait ♪

Squall on
    I'm sure you can't.

i'm dying, marsh

When you get to hell, tell my empathy I said "hi".

i'm sure it'll understand your unwillingness to deliver the message yourself

Givin Neotoma a miniature Voltage4z.gif for that post, and as followup to previous ninja-related shenanigans.

Started drawing then very rapidly got bored and stopped. This is what my life is like.

Awful artist's representation of the Archer who shot at Rokaan and Obake.
    IMDRAWING.png

edited January 2012
    Elise & Zeal

Seeing her immediate opposition alternately fall and raise their shield, Elise turns to find the cat that had embarrassed her earlier...

And immediately takes off after it, her precious friend crying in pain in the monster's mouth spurring her furious pursuit even further. The monk's welcome blow dislodges the bee, but a quick glance reveals a Zeal lying on the ground, motionless.

[6, 4] Elise clenches her hands tightly around the halberd as she slams the spearpoint past the Luxio's ribcage. Rushing forward she retrieves her spearpoint by kicking the fiend away with her plated boot, the rolling creature coming to rest in a large pothole. Shouting furiously in a matter entirely unlike her normally controlled self, Elise lifts her polearm skywards and swings, the axe blade descending on the monster's neck.

Remembering the ground-bound bee, Elise runs to her side.

"Zeal, are you okay?!" She moves to touch her companion when, to her shock, Elise's gauntlet passes right through Zeal. Right...you've been instructed how to deal with this, calm down Elise! Just draw the apricorn device and...

Her train of thought is interrupted when she hears an indignant buzz to her south.

Elise shifts to Street B.
    Elise hits Luxio with Halberd [Harassing/Hazardous], dealing an extra point of damage by taking one point of damage to [Disciplined Dame].

Although her trick got the combee a safe distance from that carrion-breath cur, Zeal is not at all pleased at who she finds in the ruined streets to her south: a scimitar-wielding ruffian wearing a patchwork assortment of armor and cloths, with unsymmetrical facepaint of all things on top of it all. Summoning her abandoned image to her side, the three Zeals fly a wide orbit around the skirmisher before converging all together a couple feet above his head.

[4, 6, 6] ...giving Zeal a clean shot at that ugly mug, two razor arcs of wind buffeting him in surprise as the combees scatter to their original orbit. The cuts form a perfectly symmetrical X centered on his unfortunately crooked nose, and even better they slice both the original worn strap and the added strip of twine securing the lopsided, improperly worn helmet to his face, the Zeals' eyes gleaming brightly as the disgrace of a hat falls off...

...and a misshapen club of matted hair, held together by congealed blood and stray hairs horrendously departing the main body at random angles eagerly shoots outwards as the restraining headgear is removed.

All three of the combees' right eyes twitch as one.

Zeal shifts to Ruined Street, attacking Skirmisher A with Double Team [Flying/Defensive/Hazardous], entering a defensive stance.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    Waiting on Stilts who has an acceptable excuse and Kro (altabberation or whatever) who kinda is bad at keeping up with games he plays in but may also have a good excuse pending him actually being around.

Sorta waiting, anyway. I could do like a partial update maybe? Or actually reply to Squall I guess?

Eh. Mostly I just don't want to curbstomp the Rapidash just yet. Inevitable though it seems.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Gawain and Amber

As Amber is hit by the Torterra's earthquake, Gawain has a brief moment of hesitation. He needs to protect his Pokemon, but this woman and child will probably die without his help. Thankfully, that's the moment when Timaeus and Gigen rush in, which makes his decision much simpler.

"I'll leave these Houndour to you. I need to help Amber."

He rushes toward the Torterra--the biggest threat to his companion right now--and attacks it.

Gawain shifts to Street A and uses his spear against Torterra!

3d6 = 4, 1, 5 = Success!

Torterra takes one damage and shifts to Wall A.

Meanwhile, Amber--who's not in much of a condition to fight yet is unable to flee--defends.

IKknkhU.gif
    edited January 2012
    GM - Map

Player Turn Summary

Houndour A takes 2 Damage from Timaeus' Razor Shell! It's Super Effective!
    Houndour A takes 2 Damage from Timaeus' Cross Chop! It's Super Effective!
    Skirmisher B takes 1 Damage from Tullius' Codex!

Knight B takes 1 Damage from Catarine's Epee!
    Luxio takes 2 Damage from Mitsuhide's Psycho Cut!

Knight A takes 1 Damage from Esther's Rock Throw!
    Knight A takes 1 Damage from Hudson's Arrow!

Knight A takes 1 Damage from Gigen's Circle Throw!
    Luxio takes 1 Damage from Tanaka's Falcon's Soaring Kick!

[6,6] Houndour A takes 1 Damage from Iktomi's Substitute!
    [5,5] Houndour B takes 1 Damage from Makai's Shurikens!

Luxio takes 1 Damage from Elise's Halberd!
    Skirmisher A takes 1 Damage from Zeal's Double Team!

Torterra takes 1 Damage from Gawain's Spear!

Knight A makes a bloody mess in House A.
    Luxio loses its head in Street B.
    Houndour A loses out to a rare, Samurai/Ninja joint effort.

The downed Pokemon quickly begin to decay into phosphorescent light, as close to "killed" as a Pokemon can ever truly get. It doesn't look like any of the Skirmishers or Knights have any Apricorns on them so its likely curtains for these two.

The downed Knight is probably not getting up anytime soon. You generally need a higher percentage of your organs to still reside inside of your body to do that, regardless of how tough Humans are in this setting. Don't get overkilled by Ghost Types, folks. You'll have to roll a new character.

Player Turn End!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bossan

Bossan and his Pidgeot take once again to the skies, unfortunately...

Aerodactyl

Deprived of its Human/Pokemon anchor, the Aerodactyl looks to do the same. The Professor and his airborne companion provide too tempting a target for the massive Pokemon to ignore. Releasing its grip on the tower and extending its humongous wings, the Aerodactyl drags itself into the air, pursuing the Pidgeot who is definitely gearing up to make some evasive maneuvers despite Bossan's weight.

Archer C

Rokaan and Obake having dropped out of easy targetting for the Archer, the lithe opportunist draws a bead on a green and white Pokemon attempting to take cover in one of the houses below.

4,6 vs. 1 - Hit!
    Mitsuhide takes 1 Damage from Archer C's Arrow!

Skirmisher B

The bemused Skirmisher wastes no time taking advantage of the addled Trainer and his Pokemon after their drop. Dashing at Rokaan, the painted warrior gracelessly, but effectively, hacks at the Ninja with his curved blade.

4,5 vs. 3 - hit!
    Voltage2.gif Bonus Damage!
    Rokaan takes 2 Damage from Skirmisher B's Scimitar!

Archer A/B

Thrown from the Torterra's back at it was unceremoniously pushed back under Gawain's assault, the Archer pair brush themselves off and throw themselves back into the fight, sending a pair of arrows at Gawain.

4,6 vs. 4 - Hit!
    Gawain takes 1 Damage from Archer A's Arrow!
    5,2 vs. 4 - Hit!
    Gawain takes 1 Damage from Archer B's Arrow!

Archer A/B

Driven back by Gawain's attack, the Torterra backs into the wall, sending rocks tumbling as it stumbles back to its feet, angered. With an earthshaking roar, it charges forward again, heedlessly smashing its shoulder through the defensively-stanced Amber and carrying the unfortunate Rapidash along with it as it crashes into the wall of House A. The entire structure shudders perilously as the Torterra shakes itself free of collapsing debris and probably-maimed-Amber.

Torterra

Torterra Shifts to Street A
    6 vs. 5 - Hit!
    Voltage2.gif Bonus Damage!
    Amber takes 2 Damage from Torterra's Take Down!
    Amber and Torterra shift to House A (Offensive)!

Houndour A

Seeing its brother downed in an instant, the fiery dog Pokemon rushes forward, jaws snapping at Timaeus. The lucky fighter is able to fend off the savage foe with his shell-weapon, and, sensing the battle turning against it, the Houndour flees when the Torterra smashes through the wall and provides it with an exit.

2,1 vs. 3 - Miss!
    Timaeus takes 0 Damage from Houndour A's Crunch!
    Houndour A Shifts to Street A!

Skirmisher A

Grinning viciously at the offended Combee, the Skirmisher leaps, slashing indiscriminately at the flickering images. Having done his bit to dissuade pursuit, he jogs off through the rubble, emerging in the wreckage of House B.

4,6 vs. 5 - Hit!
    Zeal takes 1 Damage from Skirmisher A' Scimitar!
    Skirmisher A Shifts to House B.

Knight B

A bit confused by all these people hitting him then running off, the Knight regains his bearings and charges the most likely looking target, the squat Rock thing that keeps pelting him with stones. Mace swung with treacherous speed, he smashes the Nosepass out of his way, and hastily continues his charge along the wall, in hopes of rejoining with some allies who can watch his back.

2,6 - Hit!
    Esther takes 1 Damage from Knight B's Mace!
    Esther is Thrown to Wall B!
    Knight Shifts to Broken Wall A

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Player Turn Begin!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note that Amber and Mitsuhide have taken enough damage this round to almost certainly be dropped. Using an Apricorn Device to recall them before they disperse and "die" doesn't take up any action(s), though the Trainer must be in either the same Arena, or an adjacent one to where the Pokemon fell.

Also, if you want, you can spend a Voltage to assume you have an extra Apricorn, and capture the Houndour or the Luxio before they fully dissipate.

You'll have to spend hella Exp to get them anything close to obeying you, naturally. But it is an option.

You might notice I'm using Voltage to ruin people's day. I'm the GM. I can do that. That Voltage, coincidentally, gets used to charge the Generator when the battle's finished, so it's a good thing, really!

Marshmallow on
    edited January 2012
    GM

The lady gives Bhutso a weary look. "Nobody likes a smartass, dearie." She pauses the conversation to instruct an idle group to go relieve one of the guard towers with some unarguable gestures and firm words before turning back to the monk.

"Aren't you supposed to be at some sort of reception?" she adds, suspiciously.

Marshmallow on
    Oh man oh man do I want a hell hound
    I think I totally want a hell hound.

Does using an apricorn count as my action for the turn?

Nah.

edited January 2012
    Tanaka & Gigen

Through the hole in the house the Torterra made, Tanaka sees a frail, beaten, feminine form. He scowls. The monk's sandaled feet fly first toward, and then over, the world tortoise. He vaults off if its island-back and sends a savage kick at its skull...

But his foot finds only air. The Torterra had sidestepped Tanaka's sloppy blow, and it charges toward the monk, a mighty chelonian tank...

But its tail is caught by a ghost. Gigen's spectral muscles tense, and with all his fury he tosses the Torterra through the house and into the ruined wall to the south east.

Shock G on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Hmm, I guess I could use a Voltage point to save Mitsuhide here, but I don't think he'd be much use with only one defense left, so I guess I'll use the opportunity for some roleplaying stuff instead...

Catarine and Mitsuhide

Catarine glances around to see how Mitsuhide is doing only to see him collapse face down on the dusty floor of a ruined house with a garishly flectched arrow protruding from his back. She sprints up the street towards him (Shift from Street C to Steet B, rushing to the aid of the creature who has protected her since childhood. At the same time she spots a man with a wicked curved blade running towards the same house as herself, she doesn't recognise him from the graduation dinner and he certainly doesn't look like a guard, which makes him a target. Her Catarine's greater mobility serves he well, the mans greater strength and more powerful weapon may have the advantage in a stationary battle but on the run the darting movements of a Demaské fencer are nigh uncounterable. (rolled 2D6; 5, 5 vs armour 3. Success.

Both combatants dash headlong into the house but the larger skirmisher, dstracted no doubt by the countless stinging cuts to his torso and arms trips over the scattered brickwork and crashes bodily to the floor. Catarine meanwhile skips around the debris and rushes to Mitsuhide's side.

That's all the combat stuff; (Shift to Street B), (attack Skirmisher A in House B), (Shift to House B (Mobile weapon type)) this next bit may get a little long, so feel free to skim over it if you just want to get to your turn...

Catarine cradles the fallen pokémons head in her arms, 'You don't need to protect me so hard, you know, it's not worth you getting yourself in this sort of state just for me,' the young noblewoman says, chocking back tears, ever since she was a little girl Mitsuhide had been there, keeping away danger, keeping her safe and now, as his body began to glow and crumble, he was gone and there was nothing she could do. 'Damn the rules of this stupid coming-of-age journey! I'm not surposed to bring an apricorn device because there should be no danger! Well that worked really well didn't it? Damn, damn, damn!' She rants frustratedly, unless...

Catarine thinks back to the day she was due to set off, when the head page had taken her aside, glanced around and told her surreptitiously; 'Now you know you're not allowed an apricorn for this journey, although then again your not supposed to have a pokémon either but I suppose no one would be able to stop Mitsuhide accompanying if they wanted to. But those rules were set when times were different, things have changed and a young woman wandering the world alone is not nearly as safe as it once was, so, well, if you ever find yourself in dire need, just think of your family, I think it will help...'

Surely it couldn't be that simple thought Catarine, fishing in her bodice for her locket, a family hierloom, she'd worn it for as long as she could remember. A silver bauble embossed with the Demaské family crest inset with delicate filigree, holding the locket in her hand and fingering the clasp, 'I hope this works,' she whispers to Mitsuhide's rapidly fading form. Opening the locket has an immediate effect; drawing in the dissipating energies of her loyal guardian into itself before sealing with a distinct click.

'You know telling me that before I set out would have saved me an awful lot of bother right now,' she mutters, wiping tears from her eyes. It would be unseemly to be seen to cry now. Picking up the barbed arrows which had fallen from Mitsuhide's body Catarine draws line of site to the top of a tall tower just in time to see a beplumed figure duck behind a crumbling parapet. 'I think you've caused quite enough trouble,' she voices, tucking the locket back into her neckline where it falls, slightly warm, against her breast.

Sorry that ran slightly longer than anticipated, hope it all checks out, do tell me if there's some error...

Halos Nach Tariff on
    edited January 2012
    Tullius and Timaeus

Tullius watches the Torterra fly though the wall of the already crumbling building and the woman and child huddled beneath it. He looks to his Oshawott, who he knows he can't send against that beast. Which means, regrettably, there's a very limited subset of choices available to them.

"Timaeus, I need you to get those two to safety," he points to the bystanders.

Timaeus responds with a look, one that says "you'd better not be about to do what I think you're about to do."

Tullius shrugs, both as a response and as a means to remove the top layer of his robes. "I'm about to make what I assume will be the biggest mistake of my life." With his robe in hand, he dashes towards the Torterra, shouting to get its attention.

"Hey, you! Yeah, you, you great ugly testudo! How dare you try to get away from me!" His shouting forces the Torterra to turn his head to face the attacker, which was exactly what Tullius had planned.

[2, 5 vs 4 HIT] Tullius makes a leap, landing right on the Torterra's neck. His robe, however, wraps around the Torterra's head like the great cumbersome bother that it's been to Tullius all day, except this time he had been counting on that. Reaching down to grab at the arms of the robe, he manages to tie them in a quick knot. With the robe tied over his face, the Torterra can no longer see or use its mouth.

Meanwhile, Timaeus reveals a surprising amount of strength for his stature in his ability to lift up both the woman and the child and very gently carry them out of the soon-to-collapse building.

Tullius shifts to Broken Wall B and attacks the Torterra. Timaeus picks up the two bystanders and carries them to Street A, which I think is unoccupied but I'm not sure. If it isn't, he'll move them to an adjacent safe region with the fewest number of attackers.

Terrendos on
    edited January 2012
    Shock G gets a Voltage5.gif for trying to unleash the Dragon's Fury on the Torrterra.

Makai & Iktomi
    Iktomi is posing by her kill. Awwwwwwww yea.

Makai considers the fallen hound. "A little too direct for my tastes, but tenacious none the less! I could work with this. Plus the interplay between him and-" An Electrical Hiss pulls Makai out of his pontificating.

"Right." He reaches for his belt and tosses an extra apricot at the downed Houdour.

Time to be level headed here. While getting credit for taking out the Giant Tortoise would be awesome, it's not their biggest concern. There's too many dudes around. A couple desperate lucky shots from theses stragglers could prove just if not more deadly as anything that dumb Mountain could do. Yes. We need to thin out their numbers. Then we can go in for the prize.

"Hey. Iktomi? Let's kill some people." Makai decides on the more alpha of the Archers. Motioning iktomi, the boy ninja intones "He'll do. Shadow double technique #4, The Pincher"

Iktomi leaps from [House A] into the open [street A], as she is noticed by the archers she bobs left and right, never giving them a clear shot. Leaping into the air she makes a point of placing herself between Archers' line of sight and the sun. Makai takes advantage of this distraction and clandestinely joins Iktomi in [Street A].

[Archer A] makes out the jumping spider only as it lands a few yards away and races towards him. He manages to fight through his fear, notches his bow, and takes aim on th-Iktomi's Fangs and Talons easily pierce through flimsy armor covering [Archer A]'s back and then puncture through the flimsier man-flesh.

From the shadows, a boy pulls hard on gossamer threads.

The last thing [Archer A] hears is the playful chittering of whatever attacked him from behind as it dislodges itself, licks it's chops, and and bounds off into some hiding place. The [Defensive] position of a Natural Predator.

The final thing [Archer A] sees is the spider's (Now obvious) [Substitute] beinging pulled by some unseen force. Claws and Talons and talons bared, it is flying towards the already gravely injured [Archer A] with the sole intent of delivering the coup de grâce.

NeoToma on
    Another Voltage3.gif for Neo in light of good tactics and flashy execution.

edited January 2012
    GM

Thrown once again, now into the difficult-to-navigate section of destroyed wall, the Torterra crushes rock underfoot as it turns itself about, head twisting to search out the creature that once again managed to shift it away from the target of its wrath.

Tullius' attack catches the monstrous Pokemon off-guard, the lumbering giant roaring through the thick cloth of the robe as it attempts to depose its unwelcome rider with vigorous shakes of its head. Eventually, it ceases its thrashing and Tullius might harbor the desperate hope the Pokemon has given up and is resigned to its fate.

Not so! Arm-thick vines snake out of the foliage on the beast's back, slithering forward to attack the Torterra's rider. Though Tullius manages to dodge the first few, questing creepers, one eventually brushes against his arm, and latches on.

With a grunt, the Torterra peels Tullius off of its neck like a scab, and flings the Praetor to the uneven ground. Luckily, the makeshift blindfold seems to be holding for now, though its probably next on the list of things the Torterra is going to pull off itself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Behind Catarine, the doorway darkens as the Skirmisher appears, one arm on the jamb to keep himself upright. Blood freely flows down his pierced side, and he's breathing heavily, but the scimitar is held steady in a white-knucked hand.

He don't look happy at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dropping his bow, the stricken Archer yanks an over-sized dagger from his belt and slashes wildly at the fast approaching Galvantula shell. By chance one of the desperate swings severs a handful of crucial webbing threads, and the substitute's momentum is killed, dropping to the ground with a crackle.

Voltage2.gif Damage Reduced!

Either not realizing the thing is a simple simulacrum, or not caring, the Archer takes a smart step forward and stomps the substitute hard, shattering the sharp, but fragile shell, to pieces. Catching the fearful eye of his fellow Archer, he raises a finger and thumb to his mouth and lets out a sharp, piercing whistle. Moments later, the surviving Houndour pads over to the pair, orange flames spilling from its mouth and blackening the grass below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Halos, that is a perfect Apricorn-use post, well done.

Neotoma, I laughed at "apricot". Throwing your lunch at a dying Pokemon is hilarious. You also don't necessarily have to throw any sort of Apricorn at a downed Pokemon, you can just suck up their essence Ghostbuster's style. Whatever works, though, of course.

Also, changing Assist after this battle. +1 die and +1 damage is just way, way too good. Rawk suggested changing it to a simple +2 dice to an attack roll, so a Super Effective/Non-STAB attack could be given decent accuracy, if needed. I'll try that and see how it works.

I think that's it. Gonna do an enemy update in around 20 hours, unless someone begs me to delay, so get those posts in while you can.

Marshmallow on
    say rawk

have a Voltage3.gif

You fooooooooooooool.