As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Primary 2012] Romney triumphs in NH, but his campaign is going South (Carolina) from here

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Oh I didn't realize Palin endorsed Newt.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:

Only in South Carolina.

Just because she wants the primary to last longer.

She actually said this.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:

She said to vote for Newt in South Carolina to extend the process so we don't fail to vet a candidate like we did four years ago.

She said this unironically.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    She is such an idiot.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:

She said to vote for Newt in South Carolina to extend the process so we don't fail to vet a candidate like we did four years ago.

I'm pissing myself that's so funny.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:

... AHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Options
    KiplingKipling Registered User regular
    I don't know if it is funnier that she believes this or scarier that there are people who would change their mind based on her logic.

3DS Friends: 1693-1781-7023
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote:

...Please tell me you're joking.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Nope!
    "I want more debates, more vetting of candidates, because we know the mistake made in our country four years ago with having a candidate that was not vetted to the degree that he should have been."

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    Kipling wrote:
    I don't know if it is funnier that she believes this or scarier that there are people who would change their mind based on her logic.

It's not really a change, though. When she started whining about people looking into her and essentially find skeletons inside of more skeletons hanging on skeletons inside of a closet made of skeletons and her first line was, "why don't these people look into Barack Obama, we don't know anything about him!"

She's still saying it, because it was as untrue then as it is now.

• Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    Nope!
    "I want more debates, more vetting of candidates, because we know the mistake made in our country four years ago with having a candidate that was not vetted to the degree that he should have been."

I notice the pronoun "he". Does she think that McCain wasn't vetted enough? Or Nobama the Kenyan Muslim?

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    dojango wrote:
    I notice the pronoun "he". Does she think that McCain wasn't vetted enough? Or Nobama the Kenyan Muslim?

It's got to be Obama. She's not humble enough to consider herself a vetting trainwreck.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    dojango wrote:
    Nope!

Nobama the Kenyan Muslim.

Obviously the only reason McCain and her lost was because Obama wasn't vetted enough.

Clearly the only reason. Yup.

No other reason. But if we expose all the negatives of the republican party before the election then....

....um......

Surprise Palin 2012?

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Nope!
    Head, meet desk. Jesus Christ that's....that's......just...

Quick, someone needs to make me a new word for what that is, I don't have one.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    A level beyond irony. You can call it irony 2.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    Must be 'he' in the gender neutral sense.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I love Rachel maddow and her staff so much.

Mitt Romney is Ted DiBiase.

I am in love once again with her staff.

• Options
    hackswordhacksword WinnipegRegistered User regular
    skyknyt wrote:

Birony.

• Options
    mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular
    JihadJesus wrote:
    Nope!
    Head, meet desk. Jesus Christ that's....that's......just...

Quick, someone needs to make me a new word for what that is, I don't have one.

I've gone with 'derptastic'. Your mileage may vary.

• Options
    Self-parody tends to work for me.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    hacksword wrote:
    skyknyt wrote:

Birony.

Super-Sairony?

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    I love Rachel maddow and her staff so much.

Mitt Romney is Ted DiBiase.

I am in love once again with her staff.
    Haha that's was amazing.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    ronpaulmodelmayhem.jpg

Paul supporters always have the dumbest ideas.

So not only is he asking for girls to pose in the nude, but he can't even offer a free calendar as compensation. Despite the fact that he wants to sell those images to others.

Also, I'm sure that anyone who actually replies to this ad is bound to be model material.

Oh god. That is from Model Mayhem. Please ignore all things from model mayhem. Especially political things.
    You would be amazed at not only the number of photographers who want to shoot maxim-esque smut but the number of models who want those sort of photos as well.

No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    I'm just amazed that the guy is asking that the models pay for their own calendar.

It's like asking someone to volunteer at your soup kitchen, and then asking him to pay for his own ingredients if he wants to eat.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    There's a joke about good old American free market business sense somewhere around here.

Ah, got it.

Ron Paul would be proud over that man's economic drive, that's the kind of innovation that breeds American jobs.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    kaz67kaz67 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    This is via Drudge, so grain of salt: Marianne Gingrich (wife #2) gave a two hour interview to ABC News. She's previously claimed she could utterly destroy him if she wanted to.

Hearing a lot of talk about this on the morning news, looks like it will be airing today. Will have to wait and see if anything actually comes of it, but the fact a candidate even has this kind of drama going on strikes me as pretty damning.

kaz67 on
  • Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    Recount shows Santorum with a 30-votes-or-so lead, but the contest has been declared a "virtual tie." Still, Romney lost.

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    If Sarah Palin becomes a Vice-Presidential pick again I will register as a Republican and campaign for them as an act of political self-flagellation.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Toldo wrote:
    Recount shows Santorum with a 30-votes-or-so lead, but the contest has been declared a "virtual tie." Still, Romney lost.

"Romney's ahead by 8! A great victory, first person to win Iowa and New Hampshire!"
    "Santorum actually had 30 more votes. Whatever, it's a tie."

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote:
    Toldo wrote:

"Romney's ahead by 8! A great victory, first person to win Iowa and New Hampshire!"

It's probably two weeks too late anyway, the narrative has moved on.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote:
    Toldo wrote:

It's probably two weeks too late anyway, the narrative has moved on.

I dunno, if the media and Santorum played it right it could give him a boost in South Carolina. But for the most part I agree, the damage has already been done. I really hated how they played up Romney "winning" those two states like his Iowa victory meant he had already won the nomination.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    COLUMBIA, S.C. — Rick Santorum edged Mitt Romney by 34 votes in a surprise flip to the final tally of the Iowa caucuses, but no winner will be declared because some votes remain missing in the event’s closest finish ever, Republican officials said this morning.

Romney had initially been considered the winner — by just 8 votes — of the first contest in the GOP presidential nomination contest, giving him momentum heading into the New Hampshire primary, which he won handily. The new numbers could give a boost to Santorum, who’s trying to undermine Romney’s apparent dominance over the field as South Carolina primary voters go to the polls Saturday.

Iowa GOP Chairman Matt Strawn is scheduled to announce the certified vote totals this morning. The Republican officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to pre-empt his announcement, said Strawn wouldn’t declare a winner because of the uncounted, missing votes.

Read more: http://www.qctimes.com/news/local/government-and-politics/elections/reports-santorum-finishes-ahead-of-romney-in-iowa-caucus-after/article_eb4eee52-421e-11e1-a177-001871e3ce6c.html#ixzz1juYCFRFh
    So Romney is no longer the only non-incumbent GOP candidate to win Iowa and NH

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Mittens down to 72% according to 538
    South Carolina VoteProjection Chanceof Win
    Mitt Romney 33.7% 72%
    Newt Gingrich 28.2 27
    Ron Paul 15.7 0
    The two polls conducted since the debate have Newton up

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote:
    Mittens down to 72% according to 538
    South Carolina VoteProjection Chanceof Win
    Mitt Romney 33.7% 72%
    Newt Gingrich 28.2 27
    Ron Paul 15.7 0
    The two polls conducted since the debate have Newton up

And another debate tonight. It could get messy.

• Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    Who the fuck is voting for that biggot Santorum? It honestly shocks me that anyone could cast a vote for such a hate mongering asshole.

Canadalol

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    There are a lot of bigots out there...

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Who the fuck is voting for that biggot Santorum? It honestly shocks me that anyone could cast a vote for such a hate mongering asshole.

Canadalol

The Klan would like to have a word with you. (What's left of them anyways.)

mindspork on
  • Options
    CNN running this on "Breaking News :

Rick Perry tells supporters he is dropping his bid for GOP presidential nomination today, two sources tell CNN.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Pi-r8 wrote:
    dbrock270 wrote:
    How rich is Newt? What would be your guys' estimate?

40 million, as a guess.

I dunno, I kinda got the impression that he had frittered away most of his money. If you need half a million in credit at Tiffany's, even 40 million won't last long. That would also explain why he randomly decided to run for president again- to get more money.
    "Celebrity Net Worth" says he's worth 20 million, though.

If he's running to make money and doesn't want the job, what will his EJECT button be if it starts to look like he's actually going to win? Will he anonymously leak a story to the Press that he's having an affair and needs to bow out of the race to sort things out? Will he lie and say he has developed a cancer?

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    mindspork wrote:
    CNN running this on "Breaking News :

Rick Perry tells supporters he is dropping his bid for GOP presidential nomination today, two sources tell CNN.

That is breaking news. I had no idea Rick Perry still had supporters.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.