As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2012, end of webcomics

2»

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    dear animators:

Why are things that will be interacted with a lighter hue than the rest of the landscape? I have wondered this since I was five years old.

because they tend to paint the backgrounds and keep them static, but the cells on top of them are usually done in marker for the characters and objects that have to be interacted with

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    dear animators:

Why are things that will be interacted with a lighter hue than the rest of the landscape? I have wondered this since I was five years old.

It's not that they're a lighter hue, it's that they're drawn in the animation cells, rather than as a background, which means they're typically less detailed in terms of color palette/fine lines.

sig.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    dear animators:

Probably the same reason why you can tell what can be interacted with in a game that is mostly prerendered.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    today, I have reached enlightenment.

This discussion has been closed.