As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The thread of happiness, positivity, gratitude and griping about stuff

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:
    I'm gonna get a dick tattooed on my forehead

sounds like a good plan for saving time at parties

Saves on money too

Now I don't have to buy beer to get drunk to get one drawn on my head

My aunt found me on twitter somehow

I uh

I should probably block her before I get drunk again

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Yes it is Dru

And flytraps are great for like three months Luigi, and then they just go downhill. Get as sundew in a little terrarium instead

Sweet! I'd love to get a hamata someday also.

Regarding flytraps, the problem isn't that they're inherently short lived. It's that most people try to grow them indoors. Unless it's a nursery that specializes in carnivorous plants, they'll probably tell customers the same nonsense that they should be grown indoors 'cause they don't know what the fuck. There's a carnivorous nursery near Portland that grows all of their flytraps outdoors and they even show photos of them blanketed in snow and dormant, but they just bounce back in the spring. DO NOT GROW FLYTRAPS INDOORS.

Interesting, thanks. What's amusing is that even the little info tag suggested growing them indoors. I'll probably check out the larger nursery not far from me, as flytraps looked like the only carnivorous plants at the place I checked out.

ARguing with an actual, admitted pedophile and child molester about why child molesting is wrong on reddit

Not even why, the idea that it is

I just

I need vodka and a loaded shotgun right now

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Downvote and move on, no sense arguing with them.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    JayKaos wrote:

A) the entire upvote/downvote system is asinine
    B) no, fuck you, this is absolutely the worst possible thing because it allows them to reinforce their twisted notion that it's totally okay to fuck kids

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    JayKaos wrote:

what the fuck

Here read this WARNING DO NOT READ IF AN UNREPENTANT PEDOPHILE AND CHILD MOLESTER IS GONNA CAUSE SOME PROBLEMS FOR YOU

Now tell me to ignore him

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Buttlord, no!

You're not going to convince them they're wrong, and anyone on the sidelines that's thinking "you know, the pedocreep makes some good points" is likely beyond saving as well. At best you're just giving him more opportunities to spout his bullshit.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    i wanna make a country music thread but no one'll care

:(

and i'm bad at making an OP

I just

I hate him so much

So much

edited February 2012
    Fearghaill wrote:
    Buttlord, no!

You're not going to convince them they're wrong, and anyone on the sidelines that's thinking "you know, the pedocreep makes some good points" is likely beyond saving as well. At best you're just giving him more opportunities to spout his bullshit.

This is pretty much my thinking. Everything everywhere else in society says this is a wrong and evil thing to do, it's not like you're going to present any arguments that he hasn't seen before. Downvote his comments enough that they're hidden, message the mods to get them to ban him, try to get his subreddits banned, but arguing with him will do nothing.

JayKaos on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    i wanna make a country music thread but no one'll care

:(

and i'm bad at making an OP

I love Garth Brooks

and the Reba/Kelly Clarkson version of Because of You

edited February 2012
    Make a country music thread but make it about rad shit like Hank Williams III

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpP6hIRYOpk

Buttlord on
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    seriously Buttlord, eject.

There is no win condition on something like that, just more opportunities to kill pieces of your soul.

Fearghaill wrote:
    seriously Buttlord, eject.

There is no win condition on something like that, just more opportunities to kill pieces of your soul.

Pfffft

What soul

Sold it years ago for a jetpack

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    aaaaand down again

Getting pretty tired of this, brain!!

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Yes it is Dru

And flytraps are great for like three months Luigi, and then they just go downhill. Get as sundew in a little terrarium instead

Sweet! I'd love to get a hamata someday also.

Regarding flytraps, the problem isn't that they're inherently short lived. It's that most people try to grow them indoors. Unless it's a nursery that specializes in carnivorous plants, they'll probably tell customers the same nonsense that they should be grown indoors 'cause they don't know what the fuck. There's a carnivorous nursery near Portland that grows all of their flytraps outdoors and they even show photos of them blanketed in snow and dormant, but they just bounce back in the spring. DO NOT GROW FLYTRAPS INDOORS.

Interesting, thanks. What's amusing is that even the little info tag suggested growing them indoors. I'll probably check out the larger nursery not far from me, as flytraps looked like the only carnivorous plants at the place I checked out.

Yeah, it's a very common misconception but people ignore the fact that flytraps are native to North and South Carolina where they do experience frost and even snow in the winter. Another common misconception is that carnivorous plants in general need or want high humidity all the time. So you'll see kits like a little terrarium like this that include plants that should be grown outdoors in most of America. Most of the plants included with that little kit will probably be dead within a year or will at least be very stunted in their growth. But most people don't know any better so they buy kits like that up.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited February 2012
    Let Buttlord have his arguments with online pedophiles. Yes, Buttlord's not changing anything but neither is arguing with him.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    druhim show me your pitcher plant

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    aaaaand down again

Getting pretty tired of this, brain!!

it's the worst, right?

Druhim wrote:
    Let Buttlord have his arguments with online pedophiles. Yes, Buttlord's not changing anything but neither is arguing with him.

Au contraire

I'm not changing them

But a vocal resistance to this shit helps fight back against the normalization of jerking off to kids that reddit's cultivated

Fair enough. It's certainly for the best that there's someone there to yell at them every time, I just never have the energy for it.

I'm harboring no illusions about this shitbag's response

But if even one person sees it and thinks "Wow these guys yelling at a dude for being a chimo are right"?

It was worth it

shine on you crazy diamond

It's the little victories, man

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    That guy makes me angry and more well-worded responses to his attitude would certainly be better than just screaming at him to tell him he should kill himself and that he's wrong. You won't change his mind but you might change the minds of people who aren't yet kiddie diddlers but are sympathizing with his position.

For those who haven't read his posts on that page, he basically believes that pedophilia and the damage it causes is a result of it being a societal shame or taboo rather than the real psychological damages that occur when a developing mind engages in activities it can't yet understand or process in a healthy manner.

edited February 2012
    Well, he's kind of right to the extent that the shame and taboo the victim can experience certainly makes things worse. Of course that doesn't change the fact that it's still fundamentally wrong. It just means that society should be more understanding of and compassionate toward said victims.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Well, he's kind of right to the extent that the shame and taboo the victim can experience certainly makes things worse. Of course that doesn't change the fact that it's still fundamentally wrong. It just means that society should be more understanding of and compassionate toward said victims.

I agree.

He thinks kids as young as 9 or 10 should be able to give consent, though. And that it is society that gives them the trauma and not the man who wanted to play a secret grown-up game and then fingered them in the back of a van.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:

I uh

see I just stopped tweeting as much

edited February 2012
    Buttlord wrote:

I uh

Well I don't tweet either

I don't know how she found me!

But yeah between my drunken escapades and using it in the FuckYouPedos campaign

I want to keep my personal life separate

Buttlord on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:
    Here read this WARNING DO NOT READ IF AN UNREPENTANT PEDOPHILE AND CHILD MOLESTER IS GONNA CAUSE SOME PROBLEMS FOR YOU

Now tell me to ignore him

quit posting on reddit, dummy

Buttlord wrote:

I uh

Twitter is for the birds

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I wish I wasn't at work right now gripe gripe gripe.

Metal shows hurt the next day.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:

I uh

Twitter is for the birds

Bad Keith!

JtgVX0H.png
    Tonkka wrote:

Who'd you see

I passed up a chance to see GWAR a few years ago and now I'm kicking myself what with Smoot dying

Darmak wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:

I uh

Twitter is for the birds

Bad Keith!

I just don't like Twitter

Buttlord: Ignore him.

Like I'm about to ignore you re: this issue. I can't make you be smarter about choosing your battles, but there's no point wasting my time/effort just because you're intent on wasting yours. Good luck!

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:
    Tonkka wrote:

Who'd you see

I passed up a chance to see GWAR a few years ago and now I'm kicking myself what with Smoot dying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO6DzbCYkP4

My favorite Seattle band right now.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    Fearghaill wrote:
    Buttlord: Ignore him.

Like I'm about to ignore you re: this issue. I can't make you be smarter about choosing your battles, but there's no point wasting my time/effort just because you're intent on wasting yours. Good luck!

Like I said

It's not about convincing the other dude

It's about fighting the normalization of this shit on reddit as a whole

This discussion has been closed.