As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox and installing Battlefield 3 to HDD

El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey,

Question concerning installing Battlefield 3 to my xbox HDD.

This doesn't concern the HD texture pack that is already installed.

I am currently having issues when playing BF3, periodically the game will start to stutter and then lock up, it doesn't freeze because if I eject the disc tray it drops me back to the dashboard and then everything is fine.

I am thinking that it might be an issue with my disc reader and so in an attempt to alleviate this problem I tried to install the game to my HDD. However, every time I try, I get a disc read error at different points of the installation. This doesn't happen with other games. I tested it with Mass Effect 2 and Deus Ex, both were able to install to the HDD no problem.

If it matters I have an original white xbox with a 120 gig HDD, with about 60 gigs of free space.

I am mostly just wondering if anyone was able to get the game installed to their HDD or has experienced these same problems with it locking up?

Thanks

BNet: ElMucho#1392
Origin: theRealElMucho
El Mucho on

• Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Preface: I have no experience with BF3 itself.

Since you've been having these lockups, and you said two other disc-based games installed properly to the hard drive, do you think there's a chance it's not your disc drive, just a defective disc? I mean if two other games install properly and just this one that seems to have disc-related trouble doesn't, that sounds a lot more like the disc than the drive... You should be able to pretty easily get a replacement disc from wherever you got the game if that's the problem. I've personally gotten a defective (brand-new) disc before myself, although it was years ago.

Essee on
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Yeah I thought this as well, so I did return the disc to GameStop but the new disc did the exact same thing. Sorry I should have mentioned this in the OP.

I guess I could just be unlucky and got two bad discs? I will give my buddies disc a try and see if it installs, if that fails I will likely just have to deal with the lock ups. I have also contemplated tooth paste to clean the disc or a disc cleaner / repair kit.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho