As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Beej Diet [Weight Loss and Fitness]

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Don't you have a rowing machine at the gym? It's different technique to be sure, but it's at least exercising the muscles you need to in a sustained manner.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    yeah hey i don't want to teach you to suck eggs, i'm sure you've got it under control

this expression is new to me

Blake T wrote: »
    Don't you have a rowing machine at the gym? It's different technique to be sure, but it's at least exercising the muscles you need to in a sustained manner.

yessir, i did that this morning for a bit before doing some other stuff, gonna keep doing it and build up the time i do it for

poo
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    yeah hey i don't want to teach you to suck eggs, i'm sure you've got it under control

yessir, i did that this morning for a bit before doing some other stuff, gonna keep doing it and build up the time i do it for

It means that a person is giving advice to someone else about a subject that they already know about (and probably more than the first person). I think the original expression is teaching your granny to suck eggs. No idea where it comes from

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    huh

interesting

poo
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

It means that a person is giving advice to someone else about a subject that they already know about (and probably more than the first person). I think the original expression is teaching your granny to suck eggs. No idea where it comes from

Its because your granny was a whore and could suck start a Harley Tef.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    uhhg, I am hungry.

But I know if I eat anything I will feel really sick.

Hopefully this whole brain meds thing will even out after a few days.

Just until then... Kinda sucks.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    It's a holiday today so I have the day off and my yoga studio is closed! Also it is raining cats and dogs. What workouts shall I do, guys?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    solo dance party

poo
  • Options

Its because your granny was a whore and could suck start a Harley Tef.
    She could suck the chrome off a tow ball my Nanna god rest her soul

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    solo dance party

Literally me every day anyway

(Seriously though we were having a musicless dance party in the kitchen at a potluck on Sunday and the host's boyfriend walked in... slowed down... snorted and backed out of the room again giggling.)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    It's a holiday today so I have the day off and my yoga studio is closed! Also it is raining cats and dogs. What workouts shall I do, guys?

ice cream party. Sit on your couch and just eat ice cream all day

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    The best workout

Except for the part where I have to make the ice cream first

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Well you don't have to. Didin't you say there's Baskin And Robbins in Korea?

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Get some fuckin Red Bull in ya. AMPS YOU RIGHT UP.

It also tastes like shit.

The best description i've read is that it tastes like Smurf piss.

• Options
    Today I did something at yoga that I had not been able to do previously. This thing that the guy with the nipple ring is doing.

wquyo.jpg

It ain't much but I am pleased with myself. This is the first time I have been able to join my hands and link them as I do the twist.

Next up

M07wz.jpg

Ahhh oh my god what are you doing with your legs and arms ahhhhhh

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    The best workout

Except for the part where I have to make the ice cream first

Making homemade ice cream with one of those old hand-crank machines is the best

• Options
    mah body is tired

poo
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I've never been able to get into yoga classes, something about the notion of a person talking breaks my tranquil immersion.

There's a place by my house now, however, that I've wanted to try for awhile.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Well I didn't pay attention to my weight for like 2 or 3 days, now I'm back down to 175

whatever

• Options
    I guess I have to say I don't do it for the tranquil immersion, so that never bothered me.

Also I need a person correcting me when my posture is wrong because with yoga more than any other exercise I do there are times when it is totally impossible to look at myself in a mirror without falling and breaking my nose.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    Welp, just signed up for MMA training.

I am going to be destroyed and annihilated.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    your face was already ugly man, no reason to go making it worse

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe I can make it so ugly it comes back around?
    Either that or I'll end up looking like the Russian dude who had his face ripped off by a bear.

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    MMA training is fun.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Also painful. My buddy who has been doing it for like half a year comes home from it with quite a few bruises.

• Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    Wait for the part where you can feel yourself slowly, slowly being bruised as you are simultaneously losing vision because someone is choking you with his crotch

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Make sure you state "no homo" every time you change position

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    so i weighed myself the other day and im down from my starting weight of 194 to 182. If I lose two more pounds i'll be at the weight I want. yay for diet and exercise

• Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    Make sure you state "no homo" every time you change position

I think I might skip the "no" part ;)

• Options
    mah body is tired

Kayak training? Is ya butt hella sore?

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    mah body is tired

Kayak training? Is ya butt hella sore?
    my everything is just tired, i'm gonna take tomorrow off from working out and just do some mobility stuff, since i basically worked out in some fashion every day since last friday, inclusive
    going kayaking on saturday though, 6 miles, not much though since it's with the current

yeah i think i'm gonna keep the heavy lifting to 2 days a week and keep doing my conditioning stuff on all the other days

and then take a day where i don't really do anything

i bought some camping gear today! fun!

poo
  • Options
    I had a bit of a paddle last weekend so that was good. If the weather is nice I'm going to go out for a paddle in the ocean for a few hours

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Welp, just signed up for MMA training.

I am going to be destroyed and annihilated.

Is it just an "MMA school" or do they have a specialty (boxing, Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai)? Just curious.

I've finally gotten back down below 220. Only 40 more pounds to go!

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    As of this morning, I'm down to 173, so I've lost 40lbs. and am 3 away from my goal. I'm not going to stop though, I think I could get to 160 pretty easily.

• Options
    was so good all week but then i walked by shake shack and my mood was just so, that i stopped and had a concrete (like a dq blizzard or a mcflurry but better)

oh well

poo
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    We are getting a shake shack here

How excited should I be

• Options
    Quoth wrote: »
    We are getting a shake shack here

How excited should I be
    it's pretty good

like, not mind blowing or anything, but it is definitely good, their regular burgers are really solid, their cheese fries are amazing, they have a vegetarian shroom burger that is a portabello mushroom that is breaded and deep fried and filled with cheese sauce
    their custard/concretes/shakes are good too

its tasty and i like it

poo
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Their burgers are a bit too small for my liking but I have the feeling they're actually perfectly proportioned and I just like XXL portions of greasy meat

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    yeah they are pretty well proportioned, we are just used to absurd kill yourself sizes

and you can get a double if you need to but

a shack burger and sharing a cheese fries with someone is pretty much right

poo
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    One Hundred fucking Push-Ups!

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
This discussion has been closed.