As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] If it Dawns, we Nuke it.

InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Games and Technology
Nuclear-Dawn.jpg

What Are These Dawns & Why Do We Nuke Them?
If you've ever played Natural Selection, you'll be familiar with this genre, combining elements of RTS with FPS which works out pretty well depending on who your commander is and who your comrades are. Naturally, this thread is to facilitate games with our fine forumers so dawns can be nuked with fellow comrades instead of pubbers who insist on running off on their own like headless chickens.

To quote the website: "Nuclear Dawn is a Source engine based Multiplayer game that combines the visceral action of a First Person Shooter with the deep branching gameplay of a Real Time Strategy title."

All it's really trying to say is that one of you guys will be our commander, and whoever that is better be brave enough to send squads of our fine soldiers to certain death attempting to secure resources for your empire. Or team. I prefer empire. Regardless, here's a video to launch some of you troopers into the action and away from these boring words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvJfkPSV_mY

Okay, Sign Me Up, Where Do I Buy It?

Alright you can buy it off Steam right away through this link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/17710/

But I hear you saying, "It's... $19.90 and there isn't a sale going on right now! I cannot justify buying a game without knowing more about it!" Well, don't fret! Right now you can buy it for less than a fiver through the Indie Royale bundle: http://www.indieroyale.com/

Needless to say, that's for a limited time only, so act fast.

Alright Commander, Who Are My Team Mates?
Firstly, I'm not your commander. Secondly, just post your Steam ID here and I'll be putting your name right here, in this list so we can nuke this dawn.

Forum ID/Steam ID
Inzigna/Inzigna
Ruiner999/Borntohula87
Malakaius/Malakaius
striderjg/striderjg
stimtokolos/ ?
Bursar/Bursar
Antithesis/Antithesis
Drake/Drake
Cantido/Cantido
Maddoc/Maddoc
RoyceSraphim/RoyceSraphim

camo_sig2.png
Inzigna on

• Options
    BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    Hell, I'm down anytime Inzignia.

Borntohula87 for the Steam username.

It will remain to be seen if this will topple Payday as my multiplayer game of choice with you PA fellows.

steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    For some reason I have a copy of this and wouldn't mind trying to play it! Steam is same as Forum name! and also in my sig!

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Willing to give it a go:) Not saying I'll be any good:) SteamID i sig, same as forum.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OP updated with Steam names! More people should get on this and we can play as a team!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Wow this has active Aussie servers. I might give it a shot.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Interesting. I picked up a half off coupon during the winter shindig, and was considering getting it. I f'ing LOVED Natural Selection.

Edit: Wow, screw your coupon, Steam; I'm snapping this up like the Bundlefly. My Steam profile is Bursar, the one with the creepy Homer avatar.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    I had good times with this during the free weekend. Didn't quite like that a lot of pushing to victory seemed to rely on having a lot of artillery, though. The actual artillery strikes aren't really visible. But you should still definitely play it for the current Indie Royale price!

Antithesis/Antithesis.

• Options
    Dawns are waiting to be nuked, people. Let's get a game going!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I'm nuking dawns. Not sure if it's my thing yet, but I'm giving it a bit of time, since there's lots to learn before I can make a real decision one way or the other. So yeah man, let's do this thing together. Maybe we can get some games happening on one of the many empty servers out there.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Steam Tag is Cantido. I like this game a lot.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    There quite a lot of unpopulated servers that we can... erh, populate. Games are quite impromptu, hanging out on our Steam chat is a good way to get into games together.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm still pretty interested in trying this out.

Under the understanding that I am in absolutely no way fit for command because I am super awful at RTSes

• Options
    Was just in a game with @Drake and @Ruiner999, shit gets real quick but it's really fun. Commanders need to take a tad more initiative to establish orders though, otherwise everyone's running off on their own agendas and it becomes difficult to coordinate.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Updated OP to reflect Steam IDs and tried adding some of you folks to my friends list, can't find all of you though.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    This is still the worst game ever.

Why the hell does the sonic turret STILL count as a suicide when it kills you?
    Why can enemy turrets STILL be placed into your base/equipment zones? You should not be able to camp a team in their own base, and you should have to clear a nest out before you can drop new equipment in. This gives the consortium a huge advantage still.
    Why are the anti-turret weapons STILL advanced equipment, so as soon as you start losing you have lost the game and should just quit?
    I will say its nice that the shotgun isn't as useless as it was during the beta.

Seriously though, people playing this game makes me sad, go give your support to a good game with a competent team. :(

• Options
    Yeah, it does have its flaws, but it's really not all bad. Games with PA'ers are always fun, nothing like a last stand with your forum comrades eh.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    I kind of really enjoy playing Exo in this. I just watch people die with little to no effort.

steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    They actually released this? I remember years back when I was on the Dystopia testing team, this was basically considered vapourware.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Man, I don't know what the heck is going on with this. The game just runs terribly choppy in multiplayer, no matter what my ping is. It's smooth as buddah when I create my own server and populate it with bots, so I don't think it's my machine not being able to handle the engine.

Edit: problem solved! It appears this game doesn't support multi-core threading on AMD processors. Turning that off made everything better. I've played a few games, and while I can see it being fun with the right group, it by necessity either ends up as a stalemate or a curbstomp. Being shot at as I respawn is never fun. Being killed by an enemy turret falling out of the sky into my own spawn area is not fun. Nor, really, is having destroyed an enemy base and sitting there chewing on the command center until the round ends. The actual fighting isn't bad, but end game is pretty miserable on both sides.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote:
    They actually released this? I remember years back when I was on the Dystopia testing team, this was basically considered vapourware.

They had a closed Beta and everything in the Fall. It came out for real in November, and had a free weekend in December.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767