As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Controlled Falling [chat]

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Argh, my phone rang and I thought it was the computer shop but it was just my Mum. :(

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    I think part of our hatred of bankers and well-paid upper corporate management is that they're not hot.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    I am the reincarnation of Cleopatra. A tarot reader at the mall told me so.

Tell us more sexy stories about dat snake Mark Antony

Mark Antony was a level-5 clinger. Couldn't leave me alone for five minutes. Like that one time, he was fighting a naval battle and I was there cheering him on, then I got bored and left, and next thing I know he's taking his entire fleet and following me.

Man, telling him I died was the only way I could get rid of him.

sig.gif
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Daxon wrote:
    I think part of our hatred of bankers and well-paid upper corporate management is that they're not hot.

Greg Giraldo had a bit about how Bill Gates would not have been successful were he hot; that it took a lot of days getting shoved into his own locker before he cried out "fuck you, I am going to own the world of computers!"

I think similar things can apply to the people who decide to say "fuck it, I need to be cutthroat if I plan to succeed, because this mug is gonna get me nowhere"

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalis wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

Greg Giraldo had a bit about how Bill Gates would not have been successful were he hot; that it took a lot of days getting shoved into his own locker before he cried out "fuck you, I am going to own the world of computers!"

I think similar things can apply to the people who decide to say "fuck it, I need to be cutthroat if I plan to succeed, because this mug is gonna get me nowhere"

I like to think that Bill Gates personally hired his former school bullies to work as janitors at Microsoft HQ.

sig.gif
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Okay I just invented a way to make any book title instantly better. You just add "and other fun drinking games" to the end of it.

Examples from my room:
    The Blind Watchmaker and other fun drinking games
    Integrated Chinese and other fun drinking games
    Gravity's Rainbow and other fun drinking games

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Argh, my phone rang and I thought it was the computer shop but it was just my Mum. :(
    You should be happier to talk to your mom.

Did a computer shop carry you in it's womb for nine months? I don't think so.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Okay I just invented a way to make any book title instantly better. You just add "and other fun drinking games" to the end of it.

Examples from my room:

take this to the patent office

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Janitors at Microsoft probably get pretty good benefits.

Too bad I never gave Bill Gates a wedgie

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Winky wrote:

Examples from my room:

Coping with alcoholism and other fun drinking games

sig.gif
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Daxon wrote:

I'm not entirely sure about this rationale

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Eddy wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

I'm not entirely sure about this rationale

Eddy, just go with it

go with it, maaaaaaan

• Options
    You should be happier to talk to your mom.

Did a computer shop carry you in it's womb for nine months? I don't think so.

So you've never waited for days on a phone call and everytime it rings it's not the call you were waiting on.

• Options
    I Don't know what bankers and CEOs look like.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I never tracked my family, but I've been told dad's side came in from France and mom's side from Germany.

Not sure if that's something to be proud of. :P

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Imagine everyone at your Harvard club suddenly wearing suspenders and Oliver peoples glasses. BAM.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I think my family is pretty much just English, for better or worse

• Options
    Pureblood Irish Peasantry all up ins.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    A mix of scandinavian (finnish, sami, swedish) farmers and miners I would think

Mostly swedish though

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Pagans and displaced mainlanders is what you lot are

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if my ancestors murdered a whole bunch of danes at one point.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    actually, my grandmother (before she went dementia-loopy) used to insist that her side of the family came from the Eliott border clan, and had the tartan to prove it, so I guess I am English-Scottish

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    according to my mother we are descended from Napolean

• Options

Are you sure she isn't claiming you are descended from Napoleon

or are you descended from his dyslexic cousin

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular

That explains so much!
    No it doesn't.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote:

Are you sure she isn't claiming you are descended from Napoleon

or are you descended from his dyslexic cousin

lololo i maek typo

• Options

Is that the little-known French revolution general that was always 5 minutes behind Napoleon and totally missed out on being emperor of France, instead settling for a peaceful retirement as a baker in Paris?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Typos are hilarious

• Options
    Being an descendant of @Naporeon would be a lot weirder. I mean, the dude's not that old.

• Options
    My old Pokemon game is filled with descendants of Vaporeon

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    :(

My local has been shut down, and is getting converted into a Tesco's.

That thing had been their for decades.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I'm sorry, leitner :(

• Options
    TESCO'S THE ALL CONSUMING FEASTS AGAIN

• Options
    That's a real shame, Leitner, it's always sad when a local fixture gets replaced with something far less charming

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I've tried to commit suicide.
    I've spent extended periods of time on mental health wards.
    I've woken up to hallucinations of aliens operating on me.

But I read the shit my little brother posts on facebook about ron paul and chem trails and the gold standard and 9/11 and I feel so incredibly sane.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    well now I've caught up on Parks and Rec

oh well

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    it's spelled RON PAUL bob

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I WILL ALL CAPS FUCKING ANYTHING EXCEPT THAT MAN'S NAME.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    holy shit how did I miss this case

the Stavanger child protective service apparently does care about the children in their care

two turkish-norwegian children who had gone into the care of the child protective service and were living with foster parents,

went on a holiday to turkey. Which was a bad idea, as the turkish government didn't let them take the kids back.

Stavanger child protective services smuggled them back, with the help of a private investigator and half a million

When it came to telling his political superiors about this, the guy in charge here thought "they'll probably pussy out" so he simply didn't

What's going down now is how more than half of that half million cannot be accounted for. I mean, it's obviously been used to bribe their way out of turkey, but they can't say that.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    evilbob wrote:
    I've tried to commit suicide.
    I've spent extended periods of time on mental health wards.
    I've woken up to hallucinations of aliens operating on me.

But I read the shit my little brother posts on facebook about ron paul and chem trails and the gold standard and 9/11 and I feel so incredibly sane.
    But you are very sane for someone who has been through so much shit, Bob. You may take that as a compliment.

This discussion has been closed.