As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The scary thread STILL THE BEST 1973

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:
    So, have satellite imaging and GPS pretty much ended Bermuda Triangle superstitions?

I don't see why they would

I mean the advent of freely accessible digital picture and video recording devices didn't end ghosts captured on camera superstitions

now we get to deal with orbs instead of double exposures

EVPs, bro

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    oh man this is the spookiest early afternoon EVER

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:
    So, have satellite imaging and GPS pretty much ended Bermuda Triangle superstitions?

I mean the advent of freely accessible digital picture and video recording devices didn't end ghosts captured on camera superstitions

But, like, large ships don't just lose contact and disappear that close to land anymore, because we can find them.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I got Russian creepy or German creepy, take yer pick!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident
    Mysterious deaths in the Russian wilderness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinterkaifeck
    The creepiest farm murders ever.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    oh man this is the spookiest early afternoon EVER

just you wait

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I remember how the Bermuda triangle was going to be a big thing in that Aquaman series that was in the making years ago on WB.

They ended up canning it which is just as well. We didn't really need another Smallville.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Anyone have a link to the Josek K stories? I remember North being insane.

• Options

haha what the hell

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote:
    the majora's mask story is probably one of my favorites

marble hornets was great when i followed it, i should catch up on the second season sometime

I wouldn't bother with Marble hornets season 2. its pretty boring actually, at least I felt like it was a whole lot of walking in forests with really little payoff

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Oh shit how did I forget about this?

Everybody please watch this

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Dichotomy wrote:

But, like, large ships don't just lose contact and disappear that close to land anymore, because we can find them.

I'm sure there are people that stubbornly cling to belief that something otherworldly was behind it, but you're essentially correct since there don't seem to be any significant disappearances past the early 60s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bermuda_Triangle_incidents

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    @ gg that is a pretty neat video

• Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-504

This one's hilarious.
    Description: SCP-504 is a species of tomato physically and genetically identical to that of the typical commercially-grown tomato. It was recovered in [REDACTED], Kentucky after a woman reported to the police that her farmer husband had been "murdered by his lunch". The Foundation is currently working to identify and destroy loose strains of SCP-504 in the surrounding commercial farming areas.

When a poor attempt at humor is made verbally within human hearing range of SCP-504's tomatoes, they instantly accelerate to a speed of at least 100 miles per hour (approx. 160 kilometers per hour, 45 meters per second) in the direction of the sound's source. Only mature tomatoes, separated from their vines and less than 10% rotted or chemically compromised, exhibit this effect once each. Tomatoes do not have to be physically intact, though ingested tomatoes are usually insulated enough from sound to prevent their effects before neutralization by stomach acid.

SCP-504 tomatoes seem to reach speeds relative to the inciting attempt at humor (see experiment log). Relevant variables seem to include corniness, humor-to-length ratio, and use of puns. Language appears irrelevant.
    Log of tests with SCP-504:

Item: One mature SCP-504 tomato
    Subject: CD player playing "Harmful If Swallowed" (2003, Dane Cook)
    Result: At [REDACTED], tomato clocked 167 mph. CD player destroyed.

Subject: Television playing the SNL Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton skit.
    Result: Tomato reacted as if 'confused': slow-motion video shows three separate bursts of speeds in excess of 200mph, two incidences of motion at normal throwing speeds, and one unprecedented instance of backward motion, all in the one trajectory. Dr. King hypothesises that the tomato was unsure whether or not to 'take it seriously'.

Subject: A portable computer playing a pre-recorded engineering joke.
    Transcript: "2009 is going to be a complex year. We already know the real part; we still have to find the imaginary part".
    Result: Supersonic blast detected; computer was completely vaporized by the tomato's kinetic energy. Sensor readings indicate an approximate speed of 3500 km/h (2174 mph).

Subject: A portable computer playing a partial audio recording of the Monty Python sketch "The Funniest Joke in the World".
    Transcript: "Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!"
    Result: Tomato explodes. Debris clocked at 137 mph. Computer heavily coated by debris. Keyboard ruined by exposure to liquid matter - all other components proved functional after cleanup.

dbrock270 on
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote:

This was sweet as hell

I figured out the yellow text thing instantly

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Personally I've always thought this was really creepy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taman_Shud_Case

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    That Internet Story is great.

I am ashamed to say I did not make the connection to Canterbury Tales. And that's the best one.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular

holy shit that is kind of insane

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited January 2012

holy shit that is kind of insane

On the other hand it's a Coast To Coast AM call, from back in the days of Art Bell, and as such it's certifiably fucking insane

The funniest thing I've ever heard is an episode where he just did open lines all night and did one line dedicated to Antichrists and one dedicated to time travelers

And a guy called in saying he was from the future and aliens lived in our heads and he was the Hopi Prophet and there's a computer chip in his skull

And the only thing Art says is "Is it a Pentium?"

I was driving and I actually had to pull over so that I could catch my breath, I was laughing so hard. It was just the perfect counterpoint to the utter insanity that had been spewing forth for the last three mnutes

Buttlord on
  • Options
    but the ice, man, gonna kill us all

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    I like the one where the dude calls in and claims to be an employee of Black Mesa and the G-Man is following him

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    The guy who directed District 9 is up to something interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-IQdQYTBKU

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    I like the one where the dude calls in and claims to be an employee of Black Mesa and the G-Man is following him

That one too, and Art just keeps going with it because it's no crazier than anything else he heard

Also this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4pu9RPHgr0

And the eventual follow-up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuiuxty1qyU

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biqnL84l85s

• Options
    Coast to Coast AM has some of the greatest fucking callers in history

They just all happen to be lunatics

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:
    Grey Ghost wrote:

This was sweet as hell

this is pretty great

kind of a boring story but the narrator sells it

• Options
    SicariiSicarii The Roose is Loose Registered User regular

Oh my god, this thing scared the bejezzus out of me.

gotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Man, fuck George Noory.

I want to hear legitimately crazy bullshit, and I don't want you to find a way to connect it all back to fucking angels.

• Options
    I miss Art Bell so much.

• Options
    DavidStarskyDavidStarsky The fiery red Torino sped in to the street... and we spilled into action.Registered User regular
    Man, fuck George Noory.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I can't wait to be reading this thread at midnight

• Options
    edited January 2012
    You and me Aneurhythmia

You and me

Ian Punnett's alright, I listened to one the other day that he did last summer, talking to a dude that used to be a Neo-Nazi

That was legitimately awesome, so was the one about HITLER'S HOLY RELICS which was some crazy ass history I had never heard of

But Art Bell will always be the best, for knowing exactly how to prod crazy people to keep them going while still subtly ripping on them for the folks at home

Buttlord on
  • Options
    Ahahahaha

I just found a download for 2011 C2C here is the description:
    All the 2011 Coast to Coast AM shows, minus the George Noory shows, as he is dumber than a bag of hammers and a supreme embarrassment to radio.

God Bless THe Internet

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:
    Grey Ghost wrote:

This was sweet as hell

this is pretty great

kind of a boring story but the narrator sells it

i liked that it scared me a lot even though its only a little unsettling all together

its presented in such a fascinating way

• Options
    DavidStarskyDavidStarsky The fiery red Torino sped in to the street... and we spilled into action.Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:
    You and me Aneurhythmia

You and me

Ian Punnett's alright, I listened to one the other day that he did last summer, talking to a dude that used to be a Neo-Nazi

That was legitimately awesome, so was the one about HITLER'S HOLY RELICS which was some crazy ass history I had never heard of

But Art Bell will always be the best, for knowing exactly how to prod crazy people to keep them going while still subtly ripping on them for the folks at home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvnxeX2SQso

• Options
    The first comment on that DL:

I have to take issue with your claim that George Noory is "dumber than a bag of hammers". This is very insulting to hammers. Not only are hammers very useful, but you further denigrate these fine tools by equating Noory to a bag of them. It would be one thing to insult a single hammer, but it's really quite uncalled for to insult an entire bag of them.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Some time, i thought i saw a ghost.

Turns out i was just high on drugs.

• Options
    Oh man there's an episode that's an interview with Marc Headley aka the guy that worked for Sea Org and escaped, that'll be rad

Also one on ZOMBIE INVASION POLITICS

There's the crazy I was looking for. Fuck possession, I've heard Father Malachi talk about that shit enough, gimme some new crazy

This discussion has been closed.