As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Vohaul Strikes Back - a fan-made feature-length sequel to Space Quest

mjomblemjomble Registered User new member
edited January 2012 in Games and Technology
With permission from Lewie P's Stepdad, I'm here to tell you all about:

VSB_ReleaseAd.jpg

YouTube trailer

After 10 long years, we're pleased to announce the release of the latest Space Quest fangame, Vohaul Strikes Back.

We hope you enjoy playing it. Please let us know if you have any questions.

(In case you missed the link above, click here to proceed to our download page.)

A different group of fans has also recently remade Space Quest II.

And what's more - another feature-length original SQ game, "Incinerations" is just around the corner!

mjomble on

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I learned to read on Space Quest and Police Quest. No joke.

I was so, SO pissed at Sierra/Cedant/Vivendi from 1995 till their death, for a ton of reasons. One of the bigger ones was Space Quest not continuing after SQ6. (Another being the killing of Dynamix and Papyrus, but hey).

Very nice art style in the trailer, though one thing about SQ was always that it was "clean," and this looks a little more crude in the art style. Not a huge complaint, mind you, just a nitpick. Also, I didn't see the UI, which is just as important to me.

... I'm so going to be playing the hell out of this.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch