As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mechanical Keyboards] Clickity Clack! We build them ourselves now!

1676869707173»

• minor incidentminor incident Quincentuple Your Money! Registered User regular
    user wrote: »
    How are MT3 keycaps? I managed (quite unexpectedly) to get used to SA on one of my Keebs -- but I'm curious if MT3 is as thick.

Super nice. They’re basically a slightly lower profile SA. I’m a big fan of them. And some of them even come with alternate flatter bottom row caps which some people really like.

Steam: minor incident || PSN: inter-punct
    You may not find all that you're after. In the end I hope it doesn't matter.
  • a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Yeah, I know. I'm basic. But hey, got to jump in somewhere to find out what you like and what you don't.
    Just a GMMK Pro with their Aura caps and some Boba U4 switches.

163wyolfnlsl.jpg

Number One Tricky
    jungleroomxminor incidenttsmvengySanderJK
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Read that first as "Bofa" switches and honestly, someone does need to make a line, Linear is "Ligma", Clicky blues are "Sugma", tactiles are "Bofa". Then you just write a bot to look on twitter and discord for people getting got and it goes "GOTTEM!" and has a link.

Also very pretty board!

minor incidentjungleroomx
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Because what I really need to do is drop $200 on a new keyboard, I've been looking at the Mountain Everest Max keyboard.

https://us-mountainggshop.com/products/everest-max

I like that it's metal bodied and hot swappable, the number pad is detachable but when attached its a legitimate 100% keyboard, and I like the screen on the media display dial.

On the other hand, I don't know much about the brand and its $200 (on sale) when I've already got several great mechanical keyboard (Mistel X-VIII for work, Ducky Shine 7 for personal PC, Ducky One TKL in a box and not even being used).

Anyone familiar with the brand or have any thoughts? The price seems fine for what it is, and the media screen is a pretty good gimmick.

minor incident
  • minor incidentminor incident Quincentuple Your Money! Registered User regular
    edited November 18
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Because what I really need to do is drop $200 on a new keyboard, I've been looking at the Mountain Everest Max keyboard.

https://us-mountainggshop.com/products/everest-max

I like that it's metal bodied and hot swappable, the number pad is detachable but when attached its a legitimate 100% keyboard, and I like the screen on the media display dial.

On the other hand, I don't know much about the brand and its $200 (on sale) when I've already got several great mechanical keyboard (Mistel X-VIII for work, Ducky Shine 7 for personal PC, Ducky One TKL in a box and not even being used).

Anyone familiar with the brand or have any thoughts? The price seems fine for what it is, and the media screen is a pretty good gimmick.

No personal experience, but it got a pretty positive review from BadSeedTech, who I generally trust pretty well on peripheral reviews.

minor incident on
    Steam: minor incident || PSN: inter-punct
    You may not find all that you're after. In the end I hope it doesn't matter.
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited November 26
    Cormac wrote: »
    Oh man I'm tempted to buy that WoB set. I ended up switching from the MT3 to a Cherry profile WoB set because while the MT3 profile felt really nice I didn't find it as nice to type on as the Cherry profile. Something in-between that's not as high profile but still cups my finger tips would be ideal.

Honestly, this ASA set from Akko fits that bill perfectly. About midway between something like MT3 and OEM/Cherry.

Months later I finally bought the set. If anyone else also wants to try them Amazon (and on Aliexpress) has them on sale for Black Friday https://www.amazon.com/EPOMAKER-Profile-Mechanical-Keyboard-Compatible/dp/B09G6DJN3B?th=1

I was going to get them on Aliexpress but Amazon had them in stock and can be delivered weeks before Aliexpress.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    I'm weak and I have play money budgeted.

Picked up the Fire celestial keys, 2 cables, and a lube brush from GMK. I plan to lube the stabs of my work keyboard to see if that helps with sound.

Also have a lube kit in my cart on Amazon

• BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    GMK or Glorious? I'm guessing the latter. Choosing GMMK as the name for their boards really confuses things.

• MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    Sorry. Glorious