As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The highly classy [Tea and Cake] thread

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    That's a problem for Sandra of tomorrow to sort out.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Breakfast danish, followed with a chocolate croissant at smoko (or Little Lunch, whatever you prefer). Finish lunch off with a muffin before tucking into a chocolate swirl as afternoon smoko. Pavlova for sweets following dinner and maybe some nice cheeses or biscotti for supper.

Tef's Guide to Diabetes right there

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Ha ha

Tomorrow's Sandra is such a sucker

Gimme those diabetes foods. All of them.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Oden wrote:
    I don't drink coffee at home because I'm really fussy about it do instead I drink tea non-stop

What I mean is my mug will always be full of hot water that's been brewed with something and as soon as its done I will get up and make another one

I love
    tea

This is how I've been operating lately. I should probably drink more water, but tea is too good.

I'm also guilty of drinking room temperature tea if I get distracted and forget about my cup. I mean, it would be wrong to waste it.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I used to buy food while drunk, with the plan to eat it the following morning. Almost every time I'd wake up, go to the fridge, look for the food, and then remember that I ate everything fifteen minutes after I ordered it.

I'd curse evening Blake, he was such a dick.

He at one stage would bite into food and yell, take that morning Blake!

Then morning Blake, hungover as fuck would have to go to muzzbuzz and order everything.

Blake T on
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Let's be honest here for a moment:

There is nothing that you can buy that late in the night, in that state of mind, that's going to worth eating the next morning with hangover goo-guts.

Oden on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Going to the fridge and finding a refridergated sausage roll and choc milk waiting for you is amazing.

Unless evening Blake got there first.

Sometimes there are even cherry ripes.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Untrue!

Once I bought a loaf of crappy bread and it saved my life

I just curled on the coach I was crashing on and slowly shoved scraps of bread into my face between bouts of miserable huddling

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    God ain't that the truth.

One time in Shanghai I woke up to find three containers of various kinds of street food in my fridge that I do not even remember buying.

The best I could figure from consulting some friends was that I bought street food from three different vendors on the way home one night (apparently with a cavalier "OOH THAT LOOKS GOOD GIMME IT" attitude), insisting that I'd eat it all when I got home, and then promptly passed out in bed and my roommate shoved the food in the fridge.

Looking at those greasy noodles and dumplings and shit the next morning I was not amused.

But by mid-afternoon the worst of the nausea had passed and I ate EVERYTHING.

Really drunkViv was just planning ahead.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Also my friend tends to make mandu while drunk and wake up covered in soy sauce

This has happened at least five times, which I call a tendency

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    See, Drunk Alex can hold his shit together with food. Regularly I'll wake up in the morning to find a couple of vegemite and cheese rolls, a gatorade and maybe (twice this has happened) an unopened kebab.

I'll pull em out, look to the sky and throw out a big thumbs up. Thanks Drunk Alex!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Ahh memories of being young drunk, and able to eat everything.

Two footling steak subs please 24 hour subway!

• Options
    edited January 2012
    See I'd buy the Gatorade as well.

But I'd drink that before I went to bed.

Blake T on
  • Options
    The thing to not do is buy ice cream and put it in your purse

Another friend of mine has done this twice in the last six months

RIP Snickers ice cream bars

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    The thing to not do is buy ice cream and put it in your purse

Another friend of mine has done this twice in the last six months

RIP Snickers ice cream bars

hahahahaha oh gosh that would've been a terrible thing to wake up to

• Options
    Blake T wrote:
    See I'd buy the Gatorade as well.

But I'd drink that before I went to bed.

Yeah see that's why you buy two! Possibly three.

Ice cream in the purse is a good trick too. I pulled the old sausage roll in the pocket one myself

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    oh god I miss these:

dibs.jpg

I once ate a whole tub of them in one sitting while horrifically drunk

that was a rough. night.

they are delicious though while sober

• Options
    edited January 2012
    also I love how most of the posts on this page have been made by the GMT+8 to GMT+10 timezones

good work

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Which... I may have ended up eating the next morning. It really gave me a chance to re-evaluate my life.

I decided I needed more sauce

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Things I have found in a jacket that I have not worn in over six months.

Money.
    Lollies
    Shot glasses
    Coupon for Free 18 rounds of golf (two)

• Options
    Our time zones are the time zones of heroes*

See Tef that is the advantage of drunk pocket food! You learn about yourself and what is important to you.

The disadvantage has been proven by melted ice creams and the periodic partially-unwrapped moroccan sandwich surprise.

*by heroes I mean drunkasses

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    I-i have no idea what a morrocan sandwich surprise is, but I think I want one?

You guys know what one of my favourite hangover foods is? Sushi.

Well, really just soy sauce but sushi rolls make for an excellent soy sauce delivery vehicle

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    There's this guy from Morocco who has a street cart here.

His sandwiches are this insane shitshow of like, squashy seasoned meatballs, fried egg, skillet-fried mashed potato pancake, spicy sauce and maybe something else creamy.

I don't know because I've never dissected one sober but I would guess they're approximately 5 trillion calories a piece.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Is coming home drunk with construction signage an international thing or just an Australian/English thing?

• Options
    Ok well I need a Moroccan Sandwich Suprise right the fuck now.

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    That's an international thing, I once came home with not one, not two, but three totally different 'wet floor' signs

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    talk about classy

With capital one rewards i scored $150 in gift cards to Morton's The Steakhouse

Took my lady friend out there saturday night. I even wore a tie.

Then Daddy Bush showed up with Barbara, and sat two tables from where we were sitting. Secret Service sat between us.

We ordered two caesar salads, filet minon (hers), new york strip (mine), two orders of shrimp alexander, the creme brulee, godiva hot chocolate cake along with a bottle of Votre Sante Pinot Noir (HUGELY overpriced at $50)

Tab came to $195. I'm not sure ill ever pay that much for a meal again, but the food, service and atmosphere were all top notch

tugga on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    A meal at a good steak house is worth everything you pay for it.

• Options
    I would wake up at my friend's house and ask my self, what would I do with a construction sign, the answer is, hide it under their couch.

They were discovered when they moved.

• Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    My new york strip was $70 and worth every penny

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    tugga wrote:
    My new york strip was $70 and worth every penny

the place sarukun and I went to a few months ago was ~$250/person
    so delicious though.

also i have a scratchy throat and am drinking black tea + honey now
    i hope i feeel betteeerrrrr

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I want to go to Cut again.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    I just did a powder sugar line off of a cupcakes top.
    So high right now.

Also, good god this delicious green tea with vanilla...

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:
    also I love how most of the posts on this page have been made by the GMT+8 to GMT+10 timezones

good work

For reals, I thought I was reading the AusPAX thread for a second.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Tea is tea

Dinner is dinner

Supper doesn't fucking exist

the end!
    WRONG

also no one wants my tiffin?

okay

I'll just

eat it here all by myself huh

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    Tea is tea

Dinner is dinner

Supper doesn't fucking exist

the end!
    WRONG

also no one wants my tiffin?

okay

I'll just

eat it here all by myself huh

Ship it to me

I will eat it

I don't care if it crumbles apart

I just want deliciousness

• Options
    I actually think it could ship pretty well!

Although I might have to refine the recipe, it is tasty but it is not the tiffin I am quite used to, and I think the recipe I followed has slightly wrong proportions (I had to melt twice the recommended amount of chocolate to get a decent top layer)

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I've had baked goods shipped through the mail before. One of my favorite treats is coffee cake. When I was in college, my mom baked a coffee cake. She cut it up in large neat squares, placed cardboard and wax paper between the stacked layers, and shipped it off to me. The entire cake.

It was worth it.

Hrm just did a google search for coffee cake. Can't find it exactly. This picture is somewhat close, but without the apples and nuts in it. It's a recipe from my great-grandmother, so it's likely a german folk recipe. Delicious anyways.

Syphyre on
  • Options
    Huh! But it has coffee in? (That linked recipe doesn't). My grandmother makes coffee cake, but it is actually coffee-flavoured sponge and coffee-icing (ends up a mid-brown, much lighter than chocolate).

My mother never mailed goods, but I frequently travelled back to university with a leg of lamb and a box of banoffee pie in a bag on the train.

Coffee and tea are surprisingly good in a number of recipes! I put a lot of coffee (regular, brewed coffee) in chocolate upside down cake; it forms the entire basis of the sauce, mmm. And I looove teabread.

• Options
    The cake doesn't have coffee in it. It's meant to be eaten with coffee, which is where I think it got the name from.

Coffee I've seen in other recipes (particularly that involve chocolate) but tea? I've never heard of putting tea into a recipe of any sort, can you point me to a good tea-bread recipe?