Options

The highly classy [Tea and Cake] thread

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    When I go on a first date, I usually end up going to a café with good tea and cake sometime during and check out how much she enjoys it. It's a pretty good way of filtering out the good, the bad and the coffee drinkers.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    When I go on a first date, I usually end up going to a café with good tea and cake sometime during and check out how much she enjoys it. It's a pretty good way of filtering out the good, the bad and the coffee drinkers.

does the barista seep his balls in your cup for free or do you pay extra for that

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    Klyka wrote:

does the barista seep his balls in your cup for free or do you pay extra for that

That's something you'd have to pay extra for tea as opposed to coffee which already is naturally flavored that way.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Skull Man wrote:
    Klyka wrote:

It's a pretty classy café I go to.
    The waiter (barista? wtf?) comes up to your table and you then get to open his zipper. You can select which of his balls (or both if you are feeling lucky) you want to dip in your tea. If you want cream,you need to work a bit harder, but it's still free.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:

Yeah but then you're stuck there talking for the most part. You should try lining up an activity to accompany that very ordinary thing, like busking with a banjo even if you don't know how to play.

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    yeah I guess it's just the taste of

masculinity

• Options
    Meiz wrote:
    Klyka wrote:

Yeah but then you're stuck there talking for the most part. You should try lining up an activity to accompany that very ordinary thing, like busking with a banjo even if you don't know how to play.

I don't just go to a café. Like I said, I do it "sometime during".

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm not really into cake but I love tea.

Usually i drink jasmine or white, but really I like all kinds. I just usually have to avoid caffeine.

A giant mug of english breakfast on a cold early morning is phenomenal though.

• Options
    Klyka wrote:
    Meiz wrote:
    Klyka wrote:

Sorry, I'm not that great with run on sentences. Must be a germanCAN'T TALK ABOUT THE WARthing.

• Options
    Just the other day I had a nice spot of tea with some toast and jam.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Wiet wrote:
    Paging @Liiya

I had blueberry tea from a shop yesterday and it was pretty good. Took ages to get made though, for some reason. They serve English Breakfast there though so I have to go back some time.

Thank you for paging me!! You're a good 'un. And yes, you MUST go back for English Breakfast tea, its so good in the mornings.

I got this,

248427%281%29.jpg

For Christmas and its great. I surprisingly liked Green Tea quite a lot, though I still keep Assam as a favourite!

My boss also bought me a new tea cup for work today because I dropped my old one in the stone floor and it shattered into a million pieces.

ALSO I am baking tomorrow I think, something that will go well with tea!

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I admit, I've had some delicious coffee, but even then it's always a "have this with dessert" thing for me.
    Break room tea isn't much better than break room coffee :P Tis why I must bring my own tea in with me.

• Options
    This entire thread was just a trap to lure @Liiya in here.
    And now it is sprung.

More tea?

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Meiz wrote: »
    Klyka wrote:
    Meiz wrote:
    Klyka wrote:

Sorry, I'm not that great with run on sentences. Must be a germanCAN'T TALK ABOUT THE WARthing.

Where's this run on sentence you're alluding to?

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Oh look, the conversation has developed into a discussion about balls. This is why we can't have nice things.

Always more tea!

• Options
    Tea balls!

(I hate tea balls actually)

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I love tea and cakes

Right now I an drinking tea and eating cake

It is the best

• Options
    I'm going to have to remember to watch your lets plays when I get home @Klyka. I had no idea you started until I actually fixated on your sig for more than a minute.

• Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    I would've gone back for English Breakfast tea already if it the shop wasn't in the middle of town. Takes me a 20 minute bike ride and on mornings I usually don't have the energy for that unless I've already had breakfast.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    They are too fussy with cleaning them out. Much better to just use teabags or some other type of strainer.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I have some Earl Grey with lavender that's become part of my morning work routine, it's super yum

• Options
    Meiz wrote:
    I'm going to have to remember to watch your lets plays when I get home @Klyka. I had no idea you started until I actually fixated on your sig for more than a minute.

I've been doing it for like 3 years now, haha.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    If this is a trap then I don't even care because I bloody love tea and cake!

English Breakfast is more for a lazy breakfast, thats true Wiet.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote:
    They are too fussy with cleaning them out. Much better to just use teabags or some other type of strainer.

Seriously, I'm not fond of the one Sier has.

• Options
    Usagi wrote:
    I have some Earl Grey with lavender that's become part of my morning work routine, it's super yum

I had some eucalyptus in my tea today, but that was a work-related-accident. Did not taste good.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Liiya wrote:

I have this

teainfuser.jpg

It is very easy to clean.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Liiya wrote: »

Absolutely. That's why I like these pots:

388-TRQ-out.jpg

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Yukira wrote:
    Liiya wrote:

I have a tea-pot with an in built mesh infuser that you just slot in the top and it stays there nice and secure. They're pretty good but I didn't buy it so I'm not sure where you buy them!

edit: YES! That is what mine is like Dru :D

Liiya on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Tea is glorious

No matter how depraved things have gotten in my life, we've always made time for tea

• Options
    You are so right Gumpy.

• Options
    Druhim wrote:
    Meiz wrote: »
    Klyka wrote:
    Meiz wrote:
    Klyka wrote:

Where's this run on sentence you're alluding to?

It's where my English teacher led me to believe it was. I stand corrected. I just can't deal with a bunch of ANDs.

• Options
    Meiz wrote:
    Klyka wrote:

The last thing I want to do is talk to the person I'm on a date with!

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Infact I'm going to have some tea riiiiiight now

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote:
    Yukira wrote:
    Liiya wrote:

I have a tea-pot with an in built mesh infuser that you just slot in the top and it stays there nice and secure. They're pretty good but I didn't buy it so I'm not sure where you buy them!

edit: YES! That is what mine is like Dru :D

Yes, we bought one a while back and Sier loves it.

• Options
    msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    Earl Grey. Hot.

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    i've been on a serious tea bender lately

2-4 cups of straight up black lipton tea a day

i'm classless, what of it

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Druhim wrote:
    Liiya wrote: »

Absolutely. That's why I like these pots:

388-TRQ-out.jpg

I use that too. When I prepare tea I always look like this afterwards:

TM-S02E06114ver1.png

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    I look like this,

The%20Queen%20drink%20tea.JPG

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Not a fan of coffee or tea but I will have all the cake please

• Options
    Liiya wrote:
    Meiz wrote:
    Klyka wrote:

The last thing I want to do is talk to the person I'm on a date with!

If you don't basejump off of a cliff, go buggy racing or dynamite fishing, you are just labeled as boring will never find a suitable partner!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg