As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Magic: the Gathering: Cardboard Crack

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    "Bands with other paired creatures".

yessssssssssssssssssss

And now the pro tour is cancelled until Wizards can train judges to replace the ones that committed suicide (i.e., all of them).

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    "Bands with other paired creatures".

yessssssssssssssssssss

And now the pro tour is cancelled until Wizards can train judges to replace the ones that committed suicide (i.e., all of them).

I actually posted that on a judge friend's page.

Actually, it could be worse.

We could be speculating on what happens when you give a soulbond creature phasing.
    I think the paired creature stays paired, because no zone changes happened, but if the soulbond creature is phased out, it no longer gives any extra abilities to the paired creature.

So a Storm Crow paired to a phased-out Silverblade Paladin is just a 1/2 flying paired creature with no additional abilities.

A Flowering Lumberknot paired to a phased-out Silverblade Paladin is paired but it can't check a phased-out object for the conditions of its ability, so it is unable to attack or block.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    So yeah, I don't think I'm going to be ordering from Ideal808 again.

Their prices are good, sure, but I placed my order during working hours on Friday, and I'm still waiting.

I'm imagining some guy in a rowboat paddling his way from Hawaii to California, envelope full of my cards in his jacket pocket.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Mkay so I've got bits and pieces of a UG midrange deck based around soulbond that I'm hoping will last through September's rotation.

So far my protodeck is:
    2x Llanowar Elves/Birds of Paradise
    2x Invisible Stalker
    2x Nightshade Peddler
    3x Tandem Lookout
    4x Wolfir Avenger
    4x Wolfir Silverheart
    2x Nephalia Smuggler
    4x Deadeye Navigator

4x Ghostly Flicker

9x Forest
    9x Island
    1x Alchemist's Refuge
    4x Hinterland Harbor

That puts me at about 50 cards. Naturally I'll be wanting a high ratio of creatures, but I'm a little unsure which ones would be best. I'd definitely use Trusted Forcemage and Druid's Familiar if they each cost 1 less. Joint Assault seems like it could be good, and maybe Borderland Ranger since I can blink it to get the effect multiple times.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing from AVR, DKA, or INN? I guess suggestions from M12 and Scars block are okay too, but I'd like the deck to be resilient enough to not lose all its major components when those rotate (as will my Standard Birthing Pod deck).

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Their prices are good, sure, but I placed my order during working hours on Friday, and I'm still waiting.

I'm imagining some guy in a rowboat paddling his way from Hawaii to California, envelope full of my cards in his jacket pocket.

I order fromt hem all the time and get my cards almost instantly.
    Because I go up to the counter and tell them I just made an order, so they pull the cards out and give them to me.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »

I order fromt hem all the time and get my cards almost instantly.
    Because I go up to the counter and tell them I just made an order, so they pull the cards out and give them to me.

Man, I wish my LGS was like that. The owner seems like he hates computers, the website hasn't been updated in months. And whenever I ask him to check prices on single-cards for me, he always seems like I'm really putting him out unless I buy it.

Nice guy otherwise though.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Also, I decided I should make some token cards to represent the Pentavites for my super-awesome deck I posted a couple pages ago. I figured this was appropriate for "artifact creatures with flying, spawned by a bigger artifact creature"

k9JEV.jpg

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    That is horrifying. Bravo.

• Options
    very nice

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    If I'm desperate for a card then Channel Fireball's storefront is down the street from my workplace.

There's also Eudamonia in Berkeley which has a very excellent stock.

Shit is a bit cheaper online though so I can save a few bucks by ordering from TrollandToad or somebody on TCGPlayer

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    ins0mniacins0mniac Registered User regular
    Hello Magic thread, I've come looking for my fix.

More specifically, I recently started a weekly Magic night at my apartment on Tuesday nights. It used to be just 3 of us and we'd usually play EDH (Commander? I think that's the term now?) or just wail on each other with standard decks. Up until recently I've only had a passing interest in the game, using it simply to hang out with friends. However, now we have a weekly group of at least 6 people and I'm getting a bit more serious about it. I've mostly been choosing one of my friends decks to play with, and they are usually alot of fun. Probably because his collection is worth somewhere around $35,000. It's really hard to beat him, even for my more experienced friends. I've won a few times with his decks as well, but I feel like I almost cheated when I do.

So I decided to build my own deck.

There's a great local geek mecca here (That's Entertainment! in Worcester, MA) that has a vast library of cards so putting it together wasn't too hard. I played like 4-5 games with it last night and while I was able to keep myself alive with a bag of tricks I intentionally put in there to deal with their play styles. I found that they like to use alot of Enchantments and Artifacts to play around with their decks and graveyards and all these mechanics that are a bit beyond me at the moment. I found that it played too defensively and didn't have enough offensive oomph to really win me the game. We played one team game and my partner and we won because of it, but we don't normally play teams.

While I'll continue to tweak this deck, I'm also looking for recommendations on decks I can build that are cheap and effective at multiplayer games. I found a few that I really liked on the "Building on a Budget" section of the Magic Academy, but even those get out of date and the prices of some cards seems to have risen significantly. Thankfully, that one friend with a fortune's worth of Magic cards is incredibly generous with his cards and can help me out with some harder to find cards, but I'd like to keep the total cost of a deck below $50. Any help is appreciated.

X-Box Live Gamertag: Merciless319
  • Options
    For what format do you want to build this deck? Also, do you happen to know whether you're a Timmy, Johnny, or Spike? Depending on the format and the kind off deck you'll want to build, keeping it under $50 may be difficult.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    If you're looking to build a Standard deck, you're just about always going to be playing catchup, and it can be very pricy depending on whether or not you get in while the getting is good, or get burned by a drop (especially off preorder speculation), or fail to get out in time and get left holding the bag, as it were. If people go Standard, I'd just borrow if they don't mind.

Same with 'everything goes'. If someone is packing decks filled with hundred dollar cards, there are budget variations, but most of those (as I understand it) are budget in comparison to decks worth a small college fund.

The most cost effective ways to play are probably Pauper/Peasant (no rares/mythics, usuall 5 (I think) uncommons), but I don't know how well that'd fly with your crew.

EDH is, imo, the most cost effective way to build a deck. You never need more than 1 of a card, whereas getting playsets of even mid level rares can become $20+, multiple times in a deck. You can evolve it slowly, and you have a wider array of cards found within, whereas I find 60 card decks kind of boring as you often only have 9-12 cards represented within after duplicates. WOTC also released some solid Commander decks that you can hopefully find in stores or online for $30-40 apiece (and while they're not decked to the nines like some of your buddy's decks may be, they're pretty solidly built), and they make a fine starting point.

If you want to have a deck that's 'yours', that you can tweak over time and hopefully even keep pace with others, that's probably a good start.

All 5 of them are awesome, and obviously you should find a deck/commander that fits your playstyle, but I find the Counterpunch deck (especially led by Ghave) quite powerful right out of the box, and Devour for Power isn't too shabby either.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    ins0mniac wrote: »
    Hello Magic thread, I've come looking for my fix.

More specifically, I recently started a weekly Magic night at my apartment on Tuesday nights. It used to be just 3 of us and we'd usually play EDH (Commander? I think that's the term now?) or just wail on each other with standard decks. Up until recently I've only had a passing interest in the game, using it simply to hang out with friends. However, now we have a weekly group of at least 6 people and I'm getting a bit more serious about it. I've mostly been choosing one of my friends decks to play with, and they are usually alot of fun. Probably because his collection is worth somewhere around $35,000. It's really hard to beat him, even for my more experienced friends. I've won a few times with his decks as well, but I feel like I almost cheated when I do.

So I decided to build my own deck.

There's a great local geek mecca here (That's Entertainment! in Worcester, MA) that has a vast library of cards so putting it together wasn't too hard. I played like 4-5 games with it last night and while I was able to keep myself alive with a bag of tricks I intentionally put in there to deal with their play styles. I found that they like to use alot of Enchantments and Artifacts to play around with their decks and graveyards and all these mechanics that are a bit beyond me at the moment. I found that it played too defensively and didn't have enough offensive oomph to really win me the game. We played one team game and my partner and we won because of it, but we don't normally play teams.

While I'll continue to tweak this deck, I'm also looking for recommendations on decks I can build that are cheap and effective at multiplayer games. I found a few that I really liked on the "Building on a Budget" section of the Magic Academy, but even those get out of date and the prices of some cards seems to have risen significantly. Thankfully, that one friend with a fortune's worth of Magic cards is incredibly generous with his cards and can help me out with some harder to find cards, but I'd like to keep the total cost of a deck below $50. Any help is appreciated.

Your best options probably are:

1) Learn to draft. Your experienced friends could probably teach you. When you draft, you build a deck from booster packs that you open right there on the spot. (I don't want to get into the details of it, because it's very hard to explain in text but makes sense when you see it for yourself.) When you draft, because you're not building a deck from your collection, skill is more important than the amount of money you spend.

2) The Commander product that Forar mentioned. This is the official EDH product and the decks are actually kind of decent. They're not as good as a tuned custom EDH deck, but you can have fun with them out of the box, and then you can add singles to make them better. They retail for $30 each. Forar's suggestion of the Counterpunch or Devour for Power decks are good. I also like Heavenly Inferno because it works well with the current expansion (Avacyn Restored).

3) Event decks. These are Standard-legal decks that are playable right out of the box. They go for $20-30 depending on the deck. These won't win you any tournaments - they're just not quite good enough, in my experience, to really give you a fighting chance in Standard. However, they're about halfway there, and they come with some decent trade stock.

4) Learn to draft. Yeah, important enough that it bears mentioning twice.

Feral on

• Options
    Thanks for the responses!

I've already picked up an EDH deck, the Heavenly Inferno one. I use Khalia as my general, and usually try to stick a dark steel plate on her to get my scary cards out. I've won a few games with that after only minor tweaking.

I also bought a bunch of boosters of the new set looking for Avacyn herself. Also some Innistrad because I want to make a
    Human deck and that seems to have all the cards I want.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    ins0mniac wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses!

I've already picked up an EDH deck, the Heavenly Inferno one. I use Khalia as my general, and usually try to stick a dark steel plate on her to get my scary cards out. I've won a few games with that after only minor tweaking.

I also bought a bunch of boosters of the new set looking for Avacyn herself. Also some Innistrad because I want to make a
    Human deck and that seems to have all the cards I want.

You might want to take a look at this Pauper list as a jump-off point for a sweet Aggro-Humans deck: hu-mans-in-pauper

• Options
    These are the two decks I had in mind. Both are pretty similar as they both use "lords" to pump up same type creatures. I'll probably pick one and build that. I'm leaning towards the Human deck, as I love the idea of looking at their hands and shutting them down with Oblivion Ring and Nevermore.

Illusion Deck (haven't priced it, but seems pretty cheap except for the Phantasmal Image which I saw for $15 a pop at my card store):
    20 Island
    4 Tectonic Edge

4 Adaptive Automaton
    4 Lord of the Unreal
    4 Phantasmal Bear
    4 Phantasmal Dragon
    4 Phantasmal Image

2 Deprive
    3 Dismember
    4 Into the Roil
    4 Mana Leak
    3 Summoner's Bane

Human Deck (priced at around $120 via StarCityGames):
    8 Forest
    9 Plains
    4 Razorverge Thicket

3 Adaptive Automaton
    4 Avacyn's Pilgrim
    4 Champion of the Parish
    4 Elite Vanguard
    2 Gideon's Lawkeeper
    4 Hamlet Captain
    4 Mayor of Avabruck
    4 Mentor of the Meek

2 Dismember
    3 Gitaxian Probe
    2 Nevermore
    3 Oblivion Ring

Sideboard:
    1 Adaptive Automaton
    3 Creeping Corrosion
    2 Dismember
    4 Fiend Hunter
    2 Gideon's Lawkeeper
    1 Nevermore
    2 Purify the Grave

This is also one I'm interested in building. It's called "Build You Own Eldrazi". Just seems fun trying to get the creatures out for the quest counters.

20 Plains

3 Glint Hawk
    4 Kor Outfitter
    4 Kor Skyfisher
    4 Memnite
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Squadron Hawk
    4 Stoneforge Mystic

2 Argentum Armor
    1 Basilisk Collar
    1 Darksteel Axe
    4 Journey to Nowhere
    4 Quest for the Holy Relic
    1 Trusty Machete

Any input?

• Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    if you're after specific cards pop into the store you go to whenever there's something happening and ask around to trade, i guarantee there's someone with avacyn sitting in their trade folder unwanted as she's expensive and legendary

scour ebay, trawl through the auctions

also the white innistrad event deck 'hold the line' is a good start for humans, switch out some of the equipment for more honor of the pure and loyal cathars and its absurdly effective for how cheap that is

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I can't think of a card whose price has bounced all over the place more than Phantasmal Image since I started playing again in M12.

It's gotten to the point where I just pick them up every time they dip under $8.

Playing this for FNM tonight:
    4 Liquimetal Coating
    2 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Mimic Vat

4 Crush
    4 Ancient Grudge
    3 Faithless Looting
    4 Reforge the Soul

4 Birds of Paradise
    3 Llanowar Elves
    4 Manic Vandal
    3 Kuldotha Phoenix

4 Copperline Gorge
    4 Rootbound Crag
    3 Buried Ruin
    7 Mountain
    6 Forest

Kelor on
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    I can't think of a card whose price has bounced all over the place more than Phantasmal Image since I started playing again in M12.

It's gotten to the point where I just pick them up every time they dip under $8.

SFM did that when it was still legal in standard.

http://ark42.com/mtg/pricehistory.php?s=Worldwake&c=Stoneforge+Mystic

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Gonna give my Demon-Gro deck a test-drive tonight.
    2 Evolving Wilds
    7 Forest
    7 Swamp
    4 Woodland Cemetery

4 Treacherous Pit-Dweller
    4 Timberland Guide
    4 Deranged Outcast
    3 Skirsdag High Priest
    2 Demonic Taskmaster

3 Abundant Growth
    4 Grafdigger's Cage
    3 Hunger of the Howlpack
    4 Tragic Slip
    4 Despise
    4 Blessings of Nature
    1 Liliana of the Veil

SB
    4 Geth's Verdict
    4 Appetite for Brains
    3 Corrosive Gale
    4 Distress

It's gonna curl up and die the instant I see a Mirran Crusader, but should be interesting. Plus its basically a block deck (minus most of the SB and the Despises) so I can keep adjusting it for a while if I like it.

• Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    I did some playtesting last night against delver, and came mostly out on top (w/o sideboarding). I might swap the Vessels with whipflares though. Any other thoughts/ideas? It's super fun to play, I'll likely be bringing this to GP Minneapolis next weekend. I just ordered 2 bonfire's for the board. Plus I still need to figure out what is best for the board

PS Temporal mastery is awesome, every game I miracled cast it, I won. Hardcasting it with frost titan and a tamiyo on the field is brutal, and so awesome.

Wolf Run Blue
    Creatures:
    4 Frost Titan
    4 Primeval Titan
    4 Solemn Simulacrum

Walkers:
    2 Tamiyo, the Moon Sage

Artifacts:
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    4 Sphere of the Suns
    4 Vessel of Endless Rest

Sorceries:
    4 Rampant Growth
    3 Temporal Mastery

Instants:
    4 Vapor Snag

Lands:
    3 Cavern of Souls
    6 Forest
    4 Hinterland Harbor
    2 Inkmoth Nexus
    5 Island
    2 Kessig Wolf Run
    1 Mountain
    2 Sulfur Falls

• Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Gonna give my Demon-Gro deck a test-drive tonight.
    2 Evolving Wilds
    7 Forest
    7 Swamp
    4 Woodland Cemetery

4 Treacherous Pit-Dweller
    4 Timberland Guide
    4 Deranged Outcast
    3 Skirsdag High Priest
    2 Demonic Taskmaster

3 Abundant Growth
    4 Grafdigger's Cage
    3 Hunger of the Howlpack
    4 Tragic Slip
    4 Despise
    4 Blessings of Nature
    1 Liliana of the Veil

SB
    4 Geth's Verdict
    4 Appetite for Brains
    3 Corrosive Gale
    4 Distress

It's gonna curl up and die the instant I see a Mirran Crusader, but should be interesting. Plus its basically a block deck (minus most of the SB and the Despises) so I can keep adjusting it for a while if I like it.

I don't see the purpose of Grafdigger's Cage in the main deck. You're basically giving away card advantage every time you draw it that your opponent isn't playing Unburial Rites or Birthing Pod. It's definitely more of a sideboard card.

• Options
    It prevents my Treacherous Pit-Dwellers from being treacherous if I can't find a +1/+1 counter somewhere. And it shuts down more than Rites.

• Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    griselbrand is pretty good guys!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    elaborate

also someone make a deck i can win with tomorrow
    4 Liquimetal Coating
    2 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Mimic Vat

4 Crush
    4 Ancient Grudge
    3 Faithless Looting
    4 Reforge the Soul

4 Birds of Paradise
    3 Llanowar Elves
    4 Manic Vandal
    3 Kuldotha Phoenix

4 Copperline Gorge
    4 Rootbound Crag
    3 Buried Ruin
    7 Mountain
    6 Forest
    lattice isn't standard?

I tried to make a R/U version, any thoughts on it?
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Manic Vandal

4 Liquidmetal Coating
    1 Mimic Vat

4 Ancient Grudge
    4 Crush
    3 Faithless Looting
    4 Negate
    4 Ponder

4 Sulfur Falls
    3 Shimmering Grotto
    3 Buried Ruin
    7 Mountain
    7 Island

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So I've been looking for a new general for my EDH deck and the only other ones that match my color that I could find are from the commander sets. What exactly are those?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    So I've been looking for a new general for my EDH deck and the only other ones that match my color that I could find are from the commander sets. What exactly are those?
    They are commander decks printed/sold by WTC. They retailed at $30 apiece and were generally bargains for newer players. I got my Japanese URG deck for $20 since they weren't selling well locally.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    They are commander decks printed/sold by WTC. They retailed at $30 apiece and were generally bargains for newer players. I got my Japanese URG deck for $20 since they weren't selling well locally.

Is there any where that I can see a list of what comes in the decks? Might be able to find some new stuff for my EDH deck that could replace some of my current cards. I have a few useless cards as place holders right now.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options

Is there any where that I can see a list of what comes in the decks? Might be able to find some new stuff for my EDH deck that could replace some of my current cards. I have a few useless cards as place holders right now.

Try right here:

http://sales.starcitygames.com//category.php?cat=5231

• Options
    Yup, definitely want this heavenly inferno commander deck. I need to find one. This stuff is still in print right?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    elaborate

also someone make a deck i can win with tomorrow
    4 Liquimetal Coating
    2 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Mimic Vat

4 Crush
    4 Ancient Grudge
    3 Faithless Looting
    4 Reforge the Soul

4 Birds of Paradise
    3 Llanowar Elves
    4 Manic Vandal
    3 Kuldotha Phoenix

4 Copperline Gorge
    4 Rootbound Crag
    3 Buried Ruin
    7 Mountain
    6 Forest
    lattice isn't standard?

I tried to make a R/U version, any thoughts on it?
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Manic Vandal

4 Liquidmetal Coating
    1 Mimic Vat

4 Ancient Grudge
    4 Crush
    3 Faithless Looting
    4 Negate
    4 Ponder

4 Sulfur Falls
    3 Shimmering Grotto
    3 Buried Ruin
    7 Mountain
    7 Island

I found this out when I went to get the Lattices and found them in the wrong folder. Whoops!

I confused the Darksteel symbol with the Scars one on Cockatrice. Ended up swapping them out and replacing the Faithless Looting and Crush I cut.

Worked well, but a lot of that was all the control decks tripping over themselves that were tuned to beat aggro decks running around and when you can trade a Crush for a Planeswalker you're pretty happy. The Phoenix's were perfect against all the wraths being played and are resilient to countermagic.

In all honesty, all green brings to the table for my deck is the possibility of a turn one mana dork into turn two Coating+Crush. I was going either way on it by the end of the night, because they give you some nice mana mid game, but I pitched a lot of them to Faithless Looting. You can pay for Ancient Grudge flashback honestly though, and I ran four of the 2G Naturalise from AVR that gives you 3 life as well, which proved to be handy.

I like your idea of U/R, since it gives you more interactions and your Snapcasters can function as Manic Vandals 5-8.

Highly recommend Reforge the Soul though, since it's easy to run through your hand rapidly in a turn or two refilling it and possibly killing the pricier stuff they've been saving was often worth it's weight in gold. I was running four last night and that honestly seemed like the right number, five mana is still hella reasonable for a brand new grip of cards and there was not a single time I wasn't happy to see it in my hand. When so many of your spells are 1-3 mana, you run out of cards very quickly and in turn are never sorry to see this card.

I'd go with something like this and tailor out the sideboard to your liking. Only downside to being Delver is you catch hate directed at regular decks based around him, but for Delver's traditionally bad match up of Wolf Run you can at least deal with their titans and Inkmoths.
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Manic Vandal

4 Liquimetal Coating
    1 Mimic Vat

4 Ancient Grudge
    4 Crush
    3 Faithless Looting
    3 Ponder
    3 Reforge the Soul
    2 Negate

4 Sulfur Falls
    3 Shimmering Grotto
    3 Buried Ruin
    7 Mountain
    7 Island

SB: 2 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 2 Nihil Spellbomb
    SB: 2 Bonfire of the Damned
    SB: 2 Slagstorm
    SB: 3 Kuldotha Phoenix

Kelor on
  • Options
    was tooling around with a green deck. it was weak against flyers.
    4 bird of paradise
    2 uldenwald tracker

4 rampant regrowth
    4 strangleroot geist

4 champion of lambholt
    3 dungrove elder

4 druid's familiar

4 silverheart wolf

3 revenge of the hunted
    4 noxious revival

so without testing I'm going to try this at the tcgplayer maxpoint bronze event tomorrow
    4 bird of paradise
    2 uldenwald tracker (want 3)

4 rampant regrowth
    4 strangleroot geist
    1 swiftfoot boots

3 predator ooze
    3 dungrove elder

4 druid's familiar

4 silverheart wolf

3 revenge of the hunted
    3 garruk relentless
    1 noxious revival
    still no flying blockers. but tracker's prey upon effect can nab them.. but I only have two. I was fooling around with snare the skies in the deck, too.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Wow, if you can manage it guys try and see the third game of the Osyp lebedoican'tremember the rest against Luis Scott Vargas.

Amazing game.

• Options
    Mono Green deck is 6-1 in the Innistrad Block Constructed Portion of the Pro Tour.

It is running four Predator Ooze.

I think I'm in love.

• Options
    You're not supposed to talk about that deck.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    If they're baring it to the world I'll take a little risk.

I was really hoping it'd be a feature match but they didn't mention what the guy playing it was on.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQno7L4osjU&feature=g-all-u
    tl;dw
    4 Young Wolf
    4 Ulvenwald Tracker

4 Strangleroot Geist
    4 Mayor of Avabruck

4 Wolfir Avenger
    4 Predator Ooze

4 Garruk Relentless

1 Wolfir Silverheart

4 Prey Upon
    2 Blazing Torch
    25 Forest

sideboard
    3 Bramblecrush
    2 Nightshade Peddler
    2 Blazing Torch
    4 Grafdigger's Cage
    4 Gloomwidow

Let me know if I got any of the numbers wrong

DFGdanger 1 hour ago

and with that, here's my revised deck
    4 elves
    3 uldenwald tracker
    3 prey upon

3 nightshade peddler
    4 strangleroot geist
    1 swiftfoot boots

4 predator ooze
    1 dungrove elder
    4 wolfir avenger

3 garruk relentless

3 silverheart wolf

3 revenge of the hunted

24 forest

less rampant regrowth = less dungrove elders.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Predator ooze is awesome. Granted there are lots of ways to throw -1/-1 counters out, temp -x/-x, exile, bury back in library, whatever. If my friends aren't packing suitable removal, it hits the table and just continues to get bigger and bigger. Got four of them for 75 cents each when the set was released.

I think the one in my Rafiq deck oughta be the funniest. Sure, it needs Rancor or some other source of trample to actually be a threat, but it amuses me all the same.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    Jonny Magic with another PT top 8. Absolute legend. A bit worried for his quarterfinal match though as the U/W Miracle deck seems hard to deal with, but they don't call him Jonny Magic for nuthin.

V0Gug2h.png