Options

i keep having to make threads like these

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    This seems oddly appropriate

2012-01-10-787legs.gif
    ''The Secret of the Rusty Skeleton.'' But it is nothing like this.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I do love Macbeth's dagger soliloquy

There was a time when I knew it off by heart

• Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    I was in a sketch comedy troupe in college. we were funny as hell, wrote about 6 or 7 shows of original material, and had a bit of a following by the end
    I miss the shit out of it sometimes.

• Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    O, and we pre-empted 30 Rock's "Dr. Spaceman" with "Dr. Shithèad" by like 7 years.
    I wonder if our idea got back to Tina Fey, because we had a guy that did work with Second City after a while.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Now this is my type of thread.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    i think my parents were a little disturbed when we saw my sister perform in Antigone a few months back

which is odd considering how tame it is in comparison with other greek fiction

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I acted in High School. I was always the old man. King Lear, Mr. Mushnik, Hrothgar...

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    If you get a chance, try to find the official recording of the 2009 Production of Romeo and Juliet at the Globe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TuR24xhtYg

I caught it on TV a few months ago. It is a gorgeous production. The guy who plays Mercutio is amazing.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    From middle school to high school five years of musicals, dark comedies and dramas. From college to now 5 years of improv comedy.

Oh I know the lady of the stage well.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    my first actual kiss in school was backstage during a production of twelfth night, in period costume

Beasteh on
  • Options
    I had to kiss my best female friend in Anne Frank and as a result her boyfriend commanded her not to talk to me for a couple months.

I am no longer friends with her.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    "What a plague means my niece to take the death of her brother thus? I'm sure care's an enemy to life."

i will always remember this

• Options
    Zonugal wrote:
    I had to kiss my best female friend in Anne Frank and as a result her boyfriend commanded her not to talk to me for a couple months.

Did he hide her in a secret room behind a bookcase?

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    i got asked yesterday if i want to be in the pit band for my old high school's production of les mis
    i want to do it but if it's gonna interfere with my actual classes I can't
    hope the rehearsals are at a good time

• Options
    JoeUser wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:

Did he hide her in a secret room behind a bookcase?

If bookcase you mean her insecurities.

Yes.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh good, this thread can cover like ninety percent of my problems.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I am really nervous about this whole applying to grad school thing. I think if I was in a better overall frame of mind I would be okay with it, but mostly it just terrifies me because I do not think I am a good enough actor. I have done plenty of shows where I know I am the best actor on stage, and all sorts of people have told me exactly this, but it does not really help.

Also I haven't gotten my transcripts sent over yet. They should probably be postmarked by today. I guess I should call my school, but, well, terrified of everything.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I used to do the musicals every year in high school/junior high. Always only bit parts but always fun.

God, between that, marching band, quiz bowl, forensics/debate tourneys, and full AP courses I dunno how I survived high school without dying of exhaustion.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Hello off-topic Theater thread

I am feeling mildly better today but I do not expect it to last

So I am trying to get the hang of my low whistle even though it is cramping my hands something awful

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I am really good at

memorizing lines

and not very good at

most other skills required of an actor

I was in the drama club in high school until I learned about the speech club junior year and realized that was a far better match for my skillset

in sophomore year the drama club was putting on a production of Winnie the Pooh for the elementary school

the guy playing Pooh bear crashed his car and was in the hospital for about a month so they came to me to do it, about a week before the performance

first day of rehearsal I already knew my lines better than most of the people who'd been there from the start

• Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    when i was in kindergarten I was the "apple" in some weird christmas play and I managed to wear my dumb paper apple-mask backwards when I went and did my part

woops.jpg

DKFA7.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I was on a choir in a little musical in Grade School.

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    I once dreamed that I was in a play and forgot to put my pants on before taking the stage, does that count?

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I did some acting and singing in high school

it wasn't so much that I was good as it was that there wasn't anyone better

• Options
    Chimera wrote:
    I once dreamed that I was in a play and forgot to put my pants on before taking the stage, does that count?

No.

Real actors do not wear pants.

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote:
    Chimera wrote:

No.

Real actors do not wear pants.

....Which is why I was never able to watch any play that had a family member of mine in it. :c

• Options
    Ori you should make these threads all the time
    Everyone likes them and yours (suspiciously!!) don't get locked on page one

• Options
    Ori you should make these threads all the time
    Everyone likes them and yours (suspiciously!!) don't get locked on page one

Also your avatar stands out really nicely for finding threads on mobile.

• Options
    took the fiance to finally see wicked a couple weeks back

it was cute enough

• Options
    I loved wicked

• Options
    God I hate Wicked.

• Options
    this yerba mate isn't giving me super powers like I was promised

DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    My relationship with big Broadway musicals is strained are best though

Part of my dislike of Wicked almost certainly comes from that

• Options
    SoaL wrote:
    this yerba mate isn't giving me super powers like I was promised

What's that

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I like your threads, Orik

Keep it up

Also I am considering using our dry erase board to keep track of the games I haven't finished yet

(I'm gonna need a bigger board)

• Options
    stuff like being super strong or super fast or super flying

super hero powers

DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    SoaL wrote:
    stuff like being super strong or super fast or super flying

super hero powers

Oh
    Wait what's super flying and how is it different from regular flying

• Options
    i found wicked a lot of fun if not super predictable

it was a little odd to have things tied up with such a pretty red bow at the end, but that may have been my own expectations