As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i keep having to make threads like these

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    This thread is my kind of thread

shit, this spring is jam packed with work for me in the theatre department, one-act for the entirety of the spring, 3 plays in my class alone (and might have to help put on the plays for the second class) and two musicals for the choir department, all alongside AP exams, prom, and general work

shiiet this'll be a busy semester...

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    The only stage production I have really been involved in was in the fifth grade. I had to play the Indian from the Village People.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yo @Legba hook me up with a job

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Sassori wrote:
    Straightzi wrote:
    Sassori wrote:
    I've been in a couple plays but my high school only got a theater teacher my senior year and my university here doesn't have a theater program. It's just a club.

I was really excited in Undergrad when I got the chance to be in another musical and they actually cast me as Kate in Kiss Me Kate.

But then there was an outbreak of swine flu and the director was awful and disorganized. So the only lead in a musical I will probably ever have ended up getting shut down.

Yay.

I'll be your Frederick

Hahaha no never mind I do not do romantic lead

I'd be like, Paul

Is it Too Darn Hot?

:P

Something certainly is
    I came up with this retort so late. Thank you the internet for getting rid of l'esprit de l'escalier

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote:

Move to Norway, I'll see what I can do.

• Options
    Legba wrote:
    Straightzi wrote:

Maybe.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote:
    Sassori wrote:
    Straightzi wrote:
    Sassori wrote:
    I've been in a couple plays but my high school only got a theater teacher my senior year and my university here doesn't have a theater program. It's just a club.

I was really excited in Undergrad when I got the chance to be in another musical and they actually cast me as Kate in Kiss Me Kate.

But then there was an outbreak of swine flu and the director was awful and disorganized. So the only lead in a musical I will probably ever have ended up getting shut down.

Yay.

I'll be your Frederick

Hahaha no never mind I do not do romantic lead

I'd be like, Paul

Is it Too Darn Hot?

:P

Something certainly is
    I came up with this retort so late. Thank you the internet for getting rid of l'esprit de l'escalier

"Someone" certainly is

Might have been a better response.

But whatevs. You'll do.

• Options
    I went back and forth on that for a while.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote:

That's not the only thing

• Options
    Oghulk wrote:
    Straightzi wrote:

Oh my.

• Options
    Sassori wrote:
    Oghulk wrote:
    Straightzi wrote:

Oh my.

Yup

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Legba wrote:
    Straightzi wrote:

I'll meet you at tha crossroads

• Options
    Oghulk wrote:
    Straightzi wrote:

I am glad someone grabbed hold of the obvious set up I put out there

• Options
    eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    I'm about to graduate in may with a theatre performance degree and a minor in dance. It's awesome to see that there are so many people here who are actually involved in theatre! Anyone going to SETC/Humana/UPTAs this year? I'm hitting up all three because I am desperate to have an internship of some sort next year.

Also: This weekend I'm going to see Julius Caesar in Nashville. Who's playing Julius Caesar, you ask? Eddie Motherfuckin' George.

League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • Options
    Straightzi wrote:
    Oghulk wrote:
    Straightzi wrote:

Is that what you named it?

• Options
    Sassori wrote:
    Straightzi wrote:
    Oghulk wrote:
    Straightzi wrote:

Beat to the punch here

• Options
    Sassori wrote:
    Straightzi wrote:
    Oghulk wrote:
    Straightzi wrote:

Shit that is a pretty good name

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I think my favorite performance I've done is Harry the Horse in Guys N' Dolls.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Krogstad was my best performance and most likely my favorite as well

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I do have a special part in my heart for my portrayal of Bottom in A Midsummer's Night Dream if only because upon leaving the stage a group of elderly women told me I had caused their make-up to melt straight down their face from tears of laughter.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    shrekcontest.jpg

wwhy shrek is piss

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Because it is the only way to make money anymore

• Options
    I really dislike a lot of big, Broadway shows.

• Options
    Yeah, me too

I want to see the future of theatre in stuff like Sleep No More and Donkey Show

I don't think it is incredibly likely

But I think it is ideal

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    DID SOMEONE SAY THEATERERERERE?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Uf9rsBbhc

• Options
    For the record these are the things I am talking about:

http://sleepnomorenyc.com/

and

http://www.americanrepertorytheater.org/events/show/donkey-show

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    also guys

the book of mormon is real good for realsies

• Options
    YaYa wrote:
    also guys

the book of mormon is real good for realsies

I want to see this so bad!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    yeah, I'm probably going to have to make a trip to see it when they open their chicago production

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    just watch Saved! instead

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    no

• Options
    you're mom

• Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    I'm taking Acting I this semester. Looking forward to it!

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote:

sleep no more is what i was referencing seeing on the previous page

it is an incredibly powerful experience that i am genuinely considering shelling out the bux to see again before it closes

• Options
    Yeah I really want to see it

I saw you talking about it but my phone was being a dick so I couldn't respond until I got home

• Options
    My closest friend saw Donkey Show and, well, didn't describe it as such a powerful experience, but she did say it was really great

That might be partially due to source material too though

• Options
    Sleep No More got extended to March. Who wants to go with me?

• Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    is donkey show a clerks tribute or something

DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    It is a disco adaptation of A Midsummer Night's Dream.