Options

i keep having to make threads like these

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    hey guys.

Question about comic book design.

Those things that people where where in the back of the head, the sides of the head and the forehead is covered but the face and hair is exposed?

Is there a name for that or is that just a thing that happens and no one questions.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    No idea if there's a name for it, but is it on this? You can always just show the artist and point to the one you want.

wallywood22panel1280.jpg

• Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    I did a Comedy of Errors in college, that was fun

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2012
    Legba wrote:
    No idea if there's a name for it, but is it on this? You can always just show the artist and point to the one you want.

http://joeljohnson.com/images2/wallywood22panel1280.jpg

I think she's talking about masks like Booster Gold's and Gambit's

mbo294.jpg
    o92y45.jpg

I don't think there's a name (or at least I can't find it). I'm sure it's just one of those comic book things

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    So I just did an inventory of the alcohol stuff I possess

I have 30 Miller Lites (in a can); left over from New Years when somebody else brought them

A mostly full bottle of Goldschlager

4 cans of Red Bull

An unopened bottle of champagne

2 bottles of Guinness

half a bottle of Johnny Walker Red

On a scale of 9-10, how drunk should I be getting this weekend

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    9 being extremely and 10 being totally

• Options
    Keith wrote: »
    Legba wrote:

http://joeljohnson.com/images2/wallywood22panel1280.jpg

I think she's talking about masks like Booster Gold's and Gambit's

mbo294.jpg
    o92y45.jpg

I don't think there's a name (or at least I can't find it). I'm sure it's just one of those comic book things

yeah. no one has named these? that's weird. how do you even describe that to people?

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Called hair cowls I think maybe not

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Haha, and the hits on that go to this forum, and so I guess not

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    And weird scarf things.

• Options
    eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    A coif, maybe?

League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I did theater in high school, I like acting alot. I've been meaning to try out community theater, but its hard to find time. That and the crazy theater people

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I miss crazy theater people.

I seemed so normal...

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i hate theatre people

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    theater kids are the worst high school subclass it is Known

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    they're pretty shit in college, too

bunch of narcissistic arrogant snobs that act like total weirdos

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I really love and hate college theater kids.

But for all their flaws I would always take them over college music students.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    I have no theater experience, but to broaden my horizons (and shed some more insecurity) I'm going to audition for Rocky in August, for the local Rocky Horror Picture Show. Basically they just act out the movie with props while the real thing plays in the background; all I have to do is lip-synch (well, no I do have to sing some intro number before the actual movie, but I like my singing voice) and look good in gold briefs.

This will be ... interesting.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Sleep No More is a thing I would like to see although it would kind of suck to like drive up there and pay 100 bucks for a ticket and then find out that the show actually kind of sucks

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    they're pretty shit in college, too

bunch of narcissistic arrogant snobs that act like total weirdos

as a reformed theater person, i can vouch for the theater people being very insular and hoity-toity. acting sure is fun though.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Zonugal wrote:

Yup. Hated the music kids at my college. They weren't awful to me or anything (because, realistically speaking, they couldn't be if they wanted the sound to work during big concerts), but my GOD did they ever suck up a ridiculous amount of the school's budget in comparison to other Arts programs.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    music students are the worst

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I dabbled in theater in high school
    I was Romeo!
    I don't particularly dig Romeo and Juliet but it's the one that's easiest to sell to high school students

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    I was Romeo!
    I don't particularly dig Romeo and Juliet but it's the one that's easiest to sell to high school students

Third best part in the play, nice.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I have no theater experience, but to broaden my horizons (and shed some more insecurity) I'm going to audition for Rocky in August, for the local Rocky Horror Picture Show. Basically they just act out the movie with props while the real thing plays in the background; all I have to do is lip-synch (well, no I do have to sing some intro number before the actual movie, but I like my singing voice) and look good in gold briefs.

This will be ... interesting.

sendqueertziamessage.jpg

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:

Yup. Hated the music kids at my college. They weren't awful to me or anything (because, realistically speaking, they couldn't be if they wanted the sound to work during big concerts), but my GOD did they ever suck up a ridiculous amount of the school's budget in comparison to other Arts programs.

Theater students are bad but I have always felt that came from insecurities and such. They are in a major where, while they can be friends with classmates, they are in constant competition with them for 4+ years.

Music students though? Just huge douchebags.

• Options
    Guys

Just say what needs to be said

The worst people are Musical Theatre students

• Options
    Straightzi wrote:
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    I was Romeo!

Third best part in the play, nice.

I'm not sure who you're counting as the best but I wanted to be Tybalt
    Some angry lines, a couple of flashy fight scenes and he's dead
    No monologues, no pressure

• Options
    Mercutio is the best

Then the Nurse

Then Romeo

Then Tybalt

Then I guess Juliet or something

• Options
    Of course if I hadn't been Romeo I guess I wouldn't have had an excuse to make out with a girl in front of the whole school

• Options
    edited January 2012
    It is the only reason I was pretty okay with being a major contender for Romeo back in the fall

Got Mercutio in the end though

Juliet had a boyfriend anyways

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Well so did mine but who cares

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    there was no kissing allowed in theatre productions at my school!

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    theater people tend to be like music people but without the discipline

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Now that I think about it, the Theatre students at my high school aren't actually that bad. None of the good actors are actually any douchey and everyone tends to get along really well...

• Options
    edited January 2012
    That must have sucked!

edit: the no kissing thing

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Man, people go for the huge make outs in the one-act productions.

What'll be weird is that the actress for the leading girl's role has never kissed anyone before so...that might get a little awkward for them.

• Options
    Oghulk wrote:

What'll be weird is that the actress for the leading girl's role has never kissed anyone before so...that might get a little awkward for them.

Smoochin' practice is an important part of theatre.

Depending on how attractive she is, you call it method acting.

• Options
    Oghulk wrote:
    Now that I think about it, the Theatre students at my high school aren't actually that bad. None of the good actors are actually any douchey and everyone tends to get along really well...

The theater students at my school were super inclusive. They had their own building and because of how many classes they had to regularly take they would see each other for the entire day. This was great if you were in the department because the faculty & students acted very much like a family. Outside of it though? Oh man, you'd have to break into that with a sledge hammer.

The other thing about college theater departments is they have, undeniably, the hottest girls in the school. But those same girls happen to be the craziest girls in the school.

• Options
    Oghulk wrote:

I did sound work on Stop Kiss, a play about two lesbians who have to live through a hate bashing. The play involved stripping and making-out.

The year before that my college did a lesbian adaptation on Romeo & Juliet.

What I am getting at is my school was really into girls getting it on.