As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hyberbole and a [chat]

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote:
    IF YOU HAD CAREFULLY PERUSED THE STORIES LIKE I CONSTANTLY DO IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EXCEPTIONALLY OBVIOUS THEY WERE WRITTEN FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF A YOUNG LADY

I'm illiterate.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Tav wrote:
    Eddy wrote:
    IF YOU HAD CAREFULLY PERUSED THE STORIES LIKE I CONSTANTLY DO IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EXCEPTIONALLY OBVIOUS THEY WERE WRITTEN FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF A YOUNG LADY

I'm illiterate.

Something doesn't fit here...

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Tav is secretly trying to trick you

he works for the corporate zombie overlords, who feed on the constitution

and wipe their bottoms with the bill of rights

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Hmm. I'm not sure if the post has arrived and my parcel isn't here or whether the postman is being extra lazy today.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote:
    Tav is secretly trying to trick you

he works for the corporate zombie overlords, who feed on the constitution

and wipe their bottoms with the bill of rights

[/Hanksey]?

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    That thread was just so utterly ridiculous, I cannot stop thinking about it

wait

oh no

it's all part of their plan

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    work time

yay

:(

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    hello

• Options
    this is a good time of day to be on [chat]

mostly because RMS Oceanic is posting

sup dogg

• Options
    Not much. Work is quiet. Watching some potholer54.

• Options
    i am back in class despite finishing my course back in december because apparently there is a week fo resume-writing and cover letter type malarky they teach you about job searching

which i know already quite extensively thank you very much

but it's mandatory

so whatever fine, i'll jump through their hoops then give me my papers you fuck

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    i am back in class despite finishing my course back in december because apparently there is a week fo resume-writing and cover letter type malarky they teach you about job searching

but it's mandatory

These are always the worst classes.

"Remember, when looking for a job, wear pants."

Holy shit, I'd never even thought of that!

• Options
    My brother's continued attendance of his part time course is in jeapordy because of his new job's shifts. :(

• Options
    Wait hold on, taking notes

... wear... pants...

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote:

These days you're recommended to have at least a little bit of your wang (or flaps for a lady) poking out though. Let them know just how serious you are.

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Sausages are the most difficult item to obtain. You can find things that are sort of bacon if you search (although it's too thin and circular) but the sausages they have aren't right at all.

We don't have proper bacon and sausages here at all, but I don't know what's wrong with the bacon except that it looks pre-cooked, artificial, and tastes of nothing much. It's how I imagine American bacon.

It's particularly hard to get British-style sausages outside Britain because other people insist on things like being 100% meat.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    Hold on now the advice is conflicting

Just how many pants am I supposed to wear

and how much sausage am I supposed to be displaying

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote:
    Pony wrote:

but it's mandatory

also because they had to cancel my first scheduled iteration of this (my instructor got sick just before), i'm now in a class with a bunch of people from another program and HOLY FUCK THEY ARE IDIOTS

this school, man

the education i received was good but it's clear the school don't give a fuck about how intelligent or adequately trained the students are

they just check boxes and take money

• Options
    edited January 2012
    simonwolf wrote:
    Hold on now the advice is conflicting

Just how many pants am I supposed to wear

and how much sausage am I supposed to be displaying

At least two. For both questions.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I think my dog is going to vomit today.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Good morning, people on the other side of the world.

• Options
    Where am I supposed to get a second sausage at this hour

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I remember reading hyperbole and a half like 2 years ago, with the retarded dog, that shit was gold.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    like everything this school does outside their law enforcement and paralegal programs are highly dubious in their standards and education

a woman in this class i am in right now didn't have her resume for today because she didn't know how to save a file to a USB key

she has functional computer illiteracy

she's in the dental hygienist program. she is functionally computer illiterate and she has, by virtue of being in this class, completed the entire program up until this point

i just

fuck

• Options
    Pony, your story got me thinking: You know how in "dramatic" scenes a plot twist might be that a character never learned to read? Wouldn't it be weird in twenty years time to have a twist be that they never learned to use a computer?

• Options
    Holy snotballs I had like 40 comments on a post I made in reddit this morning. That's what I get for making a joke that got 800+ points. Jesus that was a lot of nexting.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Sausages are the most difficult item to obtain. You can find things that are sort of bacon if you search (although it's too thin and circular) but the sausages they have aren't right at all.

We don't have proper bacon and sausages here at all, but I don't know what's wrong with the bacon except that it looks pre-cooked, artificial, and tastes of nothing much. It's how I imagine American bacon.

It's particularly hard to get British-style sausages outside Britain because other people insist on things like being 100% meat.

Why would you assume american bacon is pre-cooked and has no taste? If there is one thing you can't say about us, it's that our food has no flavor.

"Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Options
    What joke did you make, bowen

share with the class

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    awww fuck, I remember now the one problem I have with the NHS.
    Trying to get registered at a dentist is a fucking nightmare.

And I live on the Isle of Wight, it's mostly old people. They don't even have teeth, what is this bullshit?

sig.gif
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Morning [chat]

• Options
    Eric Cantona to stand in French Presidential Elections.

He's doing it to raise awareness of poor quality housing. Interesting.

• Options
    Oh Namco why didn't I see this before

NSFW

http://digitalbattle.com/2012/01/05/soul-calibur-v-poster-is-edgy/

• Options
    Pony wrote:
    like everything this school does outside their law enforcement and paralegal programs are highly dubious in their standards and education

a woman in this class i am in right now didn't have her resume for today because she didn't know how to save a file to a USB key

she has functional computer illiteracy

she's in the dental hygienist program. she is functionally computer illiterate and she has, by virtue of being in this class, completed the entire program up until this point

i just

fuck

Which school do you go to?

• Options
    simonwolf wrote:
    What joke did you make, bowen

share with the class

Someone made this huge long post about selective service and I made a joke that "Rich people don't get enlisted, they become officers." I added that I was joking but historically it was true (civil war). It's amazing how many people will tell you your wrong, and reiterate that I must be joking.

• Options

I like how the first comment is, "No sir i dont like it…too small :("

Soul Calibur's target audience in a nutshell

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Goddamn, Sequence is actually a surprisingly good game.

It's just a liiiiittle too hard on hard and too easy on normal, though.

But jeez, looking at a spell and thinking "can I cast that mid-battle? I should practice" is great. Like manual dexterity actually determining playstyle in an RPG is compelling as fuck.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

I bet by the time Soul Calibur 9 rolls around, the female fighters will just be wearing two Band-Aids and a fig leaf attached to some dental floss.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote:

I bet by the time Soul Calibur 9 rolls around, the female fighters will just be wearing two Band-Aids and a fig leaf attached to some dental floss.

They may also have scrapped the fighting aspect by then.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    man for the past couple of weeks i've been waking up in a lot of pain in the middle of the night. Like some giant had grabbed me and squeezed tight. My ribcage and back are sore. I'm not sure if something changed in my sleep posture or if it's related to working out or what but it fucking hurts and it's an all over type pain. Really does feel like someone tried to crush me.

This discussion has been closed.