As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hyberbole and a [chat]

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    spool32 wrote:
    gooey is clearly posting from his office where he has a tube of extruded chicken paste that he squeezes into his mouth in much the same way that a teenage girl would eat cookie dough

His own personal tube? He is the 1%.

gooey is actually the target of protests from 99% of the 1%, wherein they hold up placards in boardrooms and murmur and shake their heads in displeasure, making sure to keep the noise level down out of consideration for important meetings in the same hotel, because his stock options are a little too good, and he gets the chicken paste tubes delivered on a platinum tray instead of a silver one

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    kaleedity wrote:
    japan can be pretty funny

He'll be over the moon that you approve!

@japan

might have to have a word with him on the state of his pc gaming market, though

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I see.

“This is completely AUTO.” <- I need to understand this expression because it sounds good.

Auto-translated?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    bowen wrote:
    I mean the paste looks like a really minced down version of chicken that it's liquified which makes pouring into shapes super easy and make it seem like real chicken. Why you can't just cut chunks out of a chicken breast, though, is beyond me.

what do you do with the scraps?

the liquified meat paste chicken nuggets were the epitome of efficiency

then some concerned mothers got in the way

This is true.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    gooey is clearly posting from his office where he has a tube of extruded chicken paste that he squeezes into his mouth in much the same way that a teenage girl would eat cookie dough

What, you think he gets to leave his desk for lunch? No, that tube is company provided and the only sustenance he gets during his 12 hours money-making shift. Other than the hamster cage water bottle filled with whiskey.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote:

His own personal tube? He is the 1%.

gooey is actually the target of protests from 99% of the 1%, wherein they hold up placards in boardrooms and murmur and shake their heads in displeasure, making sure to keep the noise level down out of consideration for important meetings in the same hotel, because his stock options are a little too good, and he gets the chicken paste tubes delivered on a platinum tray instead of a silver one

Haters gonna hate.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Cupcakes are pretty boss.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i actually picture gooey as orson welles in that champagne commercial

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    dk you are a bro

let me stroke your bro hair

IN A GOOD WAY

not a bad bro... a high quality bro if you will

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I picture Gooey as Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glenn Ross, miming those too weak to join the one percent by taking a pretend shot of whiskey and saying, in a pathetic, loser voice "it's a tough racket".

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    desc wrote:
    I see.

“This is completely AUTO.” <- I need to understand this expression because it sounds good.

Auto-translated?

No idea what it means

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    gooey's just a loincloth wearing barbarian tryin to make it in this crazy world

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

Unfrozen caveman oil baron.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    desc wrote:
    I see.

Auto-translated?

animu/car enthusiast remarking that this game is like driving a car with an automatic transmission

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Unfrozen caveman oil baron.

this would be a good mutants and masterminds concept

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    desc wrote:
    WOW 2ch finally got word of Katawa Shoujo and they are none to happy.

Why?

Well Katawa means Disabled and the word is pretty much banned on japan TV it seems out of it being primarily a derogatory term

so we got loveley comments from 2ch as
    “I don’t care about the content, but give the naming some thought already. Are they trying to market this with outrage or what?”
    [The game's title of "cripple girl" is as cringe-inducing in Japanese as it would be in English, and would be regarded as outrageously offensive towards disabled people in Japan]
    “Wasn’t ‘katawa’ a discriminatory term?”
    “It ‘became’ discriminatory. They used to use it all the time.”
    “There are a lot of moe-type eroge like thi reallys. But that title is totally out of line.”
    “That title is going too far.”
    “I cannot understand this.”
    “Amazing title there.”
    “Somebody tell them that ‘katawa’ is banned from TV in Japan…”
    “It’s ‘voluntary restraint’ by stations so you can use it as much as you like in drama or print.”
    “The naming is a bit…”
    “The naming isn’t ‘a bit…’ – it’s totally out of line!”
    “This is completely AUTO.”
    “Disgusting.”
    The people who thought this up are the real cripples.”
    [In English:] “i don’t like discrimination. it shouldn’t mention it.”

Whaaaat?! Japan doesn't like poor translations that are tasteless to people who speak thier language natively? How embarassing.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote:
    I see.

Auto-translated?

animu/car enthusiast remarking that this game is like driving a car with an automatic transmission

It falls well short of the satisfying short throws of a 6-speed japanese dating games.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Guys, I just had a really depressing thought.

What if the government figures out a way to imbue tin foil with a posionous agent that filters into the bloodstream through the scalp of anyone who is wearing a hat made out of the particular material?

All the conspiracy theorists would die.

What the fuck, government?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Giada Delaurintis does that over pronounce Italian shit on her show constantly.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote:
    i am so on board the mechanically recovered meat paste train

SO ON BOARD

ive been to several michelin starred restaurants and the whole time i was just sitting there wishing i was having fast food :(

IN CONCLUSION FUK DA FOOD POLICE

You have to understand, the United States is the worldwide king of being fat and creating fast food monstrosities. If we have moved on from a food product, you gotta take our word for it. We are years ahead on this shit.

Also, we'll let YOU know when cupcakes are "over", foodies. I don't need to read a new article every other month telling me that X is the new cupcakes. X isn't.

The only type of cupcakes that are "over" are the cupcakes the foodies tried to force on us. Three ounce gluten-free artisan-crafted cupcakes for $11 each? Fuck you, Willow, and fuck your terrible dream of starting a cupcake-only bakery.

Here's how you do a cupcake. Use heavy yellow cake batter, pour it into a gigantic muffin tin so each weighs half a pound, cover it in thick buttercream chocolate frosting (from a can, sure!), and sell it for three dollars, which is still a large profit. That is a motherfucking cupcake.

All my friends think I make amazing cupcakes and say I should open my own cupcake shop. It'll be like Crumbs, but more real, you know?

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Guys, I just had a really depressing thought.

What if the government figures out a way to imbue tin foil with a posionous agent that filters into the bloodstream through the scalp of anyone who is wearing a hat made out of the particular material?

All the conspiracy theorists would die.

What the fuck, government?

That would be terrific

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    If your name is Willow and you are not an angry dwarf or a joss whedon character you are probably insufferable

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Playin TOR last night, me and my fellow Republic friend found a safe way into the Empire's capital city area on Alderaan.

Biowares idea is to put impenetrable defense at the gates to these areas, but once inside there is little to no defence. I found a way onto the city walls that completely bypassed all the defence systems. On your way along this route you can stand in a completely safe position and lay down AOE spells on their taxi station. I made it all the way into their cantina. This is a griefers paradise. I just like looking around and exploring, but if I were a griefer I would splurge all over my pants right now.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Giada Delaurintis does that over pronounce Italian shit on her show constantly.

In her defense she actually was born and raised in Italy. And it's still not as annoying as Mario Batali's "Buon appetitio".

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote:
    i am so on board the mechanically recovered meat paste train

SO ON BOARD

ive been to several michelin starred restaurants and the whole time i was just sitting there wishing i was having fast food :(

IN CONCLUSION FUK DA FOOD POLICE

You have to understand, the United States is the worldwide king of being fat and creating fast food monstrosities. If we have moved on from a food product, you gotta take our word for it. We are years ahead on this shit.

Also, we'll let YOU know when cupcakes are "over", foodies. I don't need to read a new article every other month telling me that X is the new cupcakes. X isn't.

The only type of cupcakes that are "over" are the cupcakes the foodies tried to force on us. Three ounce gluten-free artisan-crafted cupcakes for $11 each? Fuck you, Willow, and fuck your terrible dream of starting a cupcake-only bakery.

Here's how you do a cupcake. Use heavy yellow cake batter, pour it into a gigantic muffin tin so each weighs half a pound, cover it in thick buttercream chocolate frosting (from a can, sure!), and sell it for three dollars, which is still a large profit. Sell at the counter of a gas station. That is a motherfucking cupcake.

<3

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    kaleedity wrote:
    japan can be pretty funny

He'll be over the moon that you approve!

@japan

I agree. You arrange a meetup with @Japan as he scrubs up well IRL

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    sup sluts

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    I have an 80s song stuck in my head, but I don't know the words. Is there some sort of site out there where I can hum the melody and it will spit it out? Shazzam isn't cutting it.

• Options
    Deebaser wrote:
    I have an 80s song stuck in my head, but I don't know the words. Is there some sort of site out there where I can hum the melody and it will spit it out? Shazzam isn't cutting it.

Is it Future's So Bright, I gotta wear shades by Timbuk 3?

• Options
    Deebaser wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_That_Tune

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    simonwolf wrote:
    Austin is also in Texas

so

I've only been out of the city a handful of times

mostly to Houston, which is a typical big city from what I've seen (although I've mostly been in the gay area I guess)

the gay area is one of the cool areas. the heights and museum district can be pretty cool too.

• Options
    A cupcake is a compromise. A cupcake says "I want cake but can't sit down with a plate right now", or "There are like eight billion children and fuck cutting slices." Any situation besides those two where you choose a cupcake, you are eating a product that is inferior to actual cake in every way.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote:

This has a solid 4-5% success rate with me.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    I love the google review comments for norfolk naval shipyard

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Deebaser wrote:

This has a solid 4-5% success rate with me.

it got smooth criminal in one

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote:
    simonwolf wrote:
    Austin is also in Texas

so

I've only been out of the city a handful of times

mostly to Houston, which is a typical big city from what I've seen (although I've mostly been in the gay area I guess)

the gay area is one of the cool areas. the heights and museum district can be pretty cool too.

Chinatown here is very disappointing. The Vietnamese have them beat.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

What, you think he gets to leave his desk for lunch? No, that tube is company provided and the only sustenance he gets during his 12 hours money-making shift. Other than the hamster cage water bottle filled with whiskey.

this is actually a much more realistic portrayal

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Michael ‎ - Oct 26, 2011
    This place sucks it smells of rotting trash. They put gravy on everything, even their women...... I'd rather be back in jail.
    6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful? Yes - No - Flag as inappropriate

This discussion has been closed.