Options

The Skyrim thread for adventurers who don't think jokes get funnier the more you tell them

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote:
    Beasteh wrote:
    bears scare me a lot more than ancient dragons

i will fight an ancient dragon any day of the week but if i see a bear i am scrambling up the nearest cliff

Bears be bitches, yo.

however, I am in the market for giant killing tips.

Shield bash.

The slow time shout works wonders too.

The Odahviing shout works wonders as well.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    ah, that would be the problem. I'm running an entirely inefficient war-axe and magic build, with a smattering of bows.

now I just need to upgrade enchanting a bunch, so that lydia and I have some sweet enchanted dragon bone gear.

My magic is me smashing a giant shield made of dragon bone into someone's face and then stabbing it to death with swords while it's helpless, staggered, and sometimes disarmed. It's great.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    ah, that would be the problem. I'm running an entirely inefficient war-axe and magic build, with a smattering of bows.

now I just need to upgrade enchanting a bunch, so that lydia and I have some sweet enchanted dragon bone gear.

I haven't taken Lydia or any companions out yet. Do they get hurt by your magic? I favor Flame Cloak and Fireball a lot ...

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Yep, friendly fire is on, and if they take too many hits, they'll turn hostile to you.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Lawful EvilLawful Evil Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I have so many characters now. Gone sword-and-board, two-hand, sneak-dual, unarmed, pure-magic. Each character with a certain level of RP behind him. D:

Now I'm looking to roll a sneak-archer Argonian born in Cyrodill, sneaking his way into Skyrim due to some mercenary work gone bad. He'll side with the Stormcloaks, grabs the first quest, then stumbles into the Windhelm docks and decides to switch sides.

I need to flesh his story out more though. He's pretty standard compared to my lizard whose ancestors were Blades and wielded the family-hierloom (a Blades katana) and reason for journeying was to learn more about his heritage and the Blades, and to my other lizard (yes, I love them Argonians) who was a thunder-weilding mage who was on a quest to perfect his battle skills by learning from the Greybeards (being a Dragonborn was suprisingly lucky for him), and believed that anyone who could get past his lightning magic was worthy of a fight, or rather his fists.

Lawful Evil on
    Do not believe that the impossible exists. That is why you fail.
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote:
    I grabbed a bowl of what i thought were fire salts but turned out to be tomato soup

fucking balimor is never going to get his forge hot

Only genuine fire salts will do.

Laforge knows the difference.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Probably my favorite moment in Skyrim just far was when I came out of a dungeon, and found Shadowmere standing over the corpse of an otherwise fully intact dragon. As I approached, I absorbed the soul and it turned into the standard bonepile.

But what the fuck was she up to when I was in that goddamned dungeon?

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    naporeon wrote:
    Probably my favorite moment in Skyrim just far was when I came out of a dungeon, and found Shadowmere standing over the corpse of an otherwise fully intact dragon. As I approached, I absorbed the soul and it turned into the standard bonepile.

But what the fuck was she up to when I was in that goddamned dungeon?

Laying the smack down on punk ass dragons apparently.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote:
    Mysst wrote: »
    I should probably just buy some for him, it's not like I can't afford it

I mean, the only reason I don't have 4 houses is because blood on the ice hasn't triggered the second part

you need to have a Beware the Butcher pamphlet and talk to a lady in the Inn.
    I got the wizard arrested, I thought there was more to it, the way people were talking

there is
    you arrested the wrong guy

there should be a necromancers amulet in the abandoned house, poke around town to see if anyone might know something about it

perhaps.... the museum?

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    secret horse adventures

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Dichotomy wrote:
    secret horse adventures

Yes.

Hell.

Fucking.

Yes.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    oh no my Skyrim thread took a tube in the knee.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    Mysst wrote: »
    I should probably just buy some for him, it's not like I can't afford it

I mean, the only reason I don't have 4 houses is because blood on the ice hasn't triggered the second part

you need to have a Beware the Butcher pamphlet and talk to a lady in the Inn.
    I got the wizard arrested, I thought there was more to it, the way people were talking

there is

there should be a necromancers amulet in the abandoned house, poke around town to see if anyone might know something about it

perhaps.... the museum?

I did that. old man just wants to show me forks and shit

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    well you need to reload a save before you did the thing

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Mysst wrote:
    Beasteh wrote:

perhaps.... the museum?

I did that. old man just wants to show me forks and shit
    Check out the museum, then head back to the Palace of Kings and talk to the court wizard instead of the steward.

Then head for the Stone Quarter.

EDIT: You're going to need to reload if you already talked to the steward.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    I think he already
    got the wizard arrested. Go talk to him in his jail cell.

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Oh, also, I think that's one of the ones where you have to wait 2 or 3 days, before the next part is available.

• Options
    its also the buggiest quest in the entire game so it could have shit the bed and you'll never know

• Options
    edited January 2012
    ok annie, I will try that

after I clear out his quarters

also I did this a long, long time ago on this character

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Mysst wrote:

Well, there'll be a fourth victim if you don't reload, and everybody in Windhelm will delight in mocking you for your mistake.

So if you care about that sort of thing, you might wanna reload.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    I put that guy in jail.

Then a couple days later he sent assassins after me.

So, fuckit he can rot in there.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    You know how in Riften, you'll see random thieves about, usually getting killed?

Well, one must have ran into the blacksmith shop. A few weeks ago, I found him running around there randomly, like a fly trying to get out of the tiny crack in an open window. I just went back for the first time since then, and well, he lives there now. He's just sitting by the fire eating some grub.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Mysst wrote:

Well, there'll be a fourth victim if you don't reload, and everybody in Windhelm will delight in mocking you for your mistake.

not particularly!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Mysst wrote:
    Mysst wrote:

not particularly!

Shameful.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular

Also use maces instead of axes. Maces have the best damage output overall. Starting over with a new character just using maces and the mace perks, I'm one or two hitting stuff that took me at least twice as long on my previous melee character.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Maces...

Ptui.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Mysst wrote:
    Mysst wrote:

not particularly!

Shameful.

sweet mother sweet mother, bitch

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Mysst wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    Mysst wrote:

not particularly!

Shameful.

sweet mother sweet mother, bitch

Ugh, still gotta start the Brotherhood quests.

Still trying to decide if it's worthwhile to carry through those quests, or just destroy them.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    So I get to this shitty little town called Shor's Stone? and before I can even get off my horse an Ancient Dragon attacks the town... After hitting it with Dragonrend I just wait for it to land, which it does right in the center of town, I run over and ... poink... Mehrune's Razor instant kill. That's right, I'm bad.

• Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    maces look the coolest but occlude a totally unacceptable amount of the view

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    Maces are like, 2 extra damage for 20% less speed. As soon as you start smithing, swords are way better. Maces and axes do have the better perks though.

• Options
    There's also a much larger base of useful/unique swords.

See; Nightingale Blade, Chillrend, etcetera and so forth.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Dragonbane

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    So I found out last night, apparently one-handed +% bonus items don't improve the damage on daggers.
    ???

I can put on and take off several items with +one-handed bonus but the damage on daggers doesn't change.
    If I do that with swords (or archery) - BIG change in the number displayed on the weapons.
    Also tested it murdering guards and townsfolk... doesn't seem to do any more or less damage with/without +65% one-handed gear.

Daggers are not considered one-handed weapons or something? Anyone figured this out??

jwalk on
  • Options
    No, they're considered one-handed weapons, at least in terms of scaling damage.

Maybe item buffs don't work on them?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote:
    You know how in Riften, you'll see random thieves about, usually getting killed?

Well, one must have ran into the blacksmith shop. A few weeks ago, I found him running around there randomly, like a fly trying to get out of the tiny crack in an open window. I just went back for the first time since then, and well, he lives there now. He's just sitting by the fire eating some grub.

if you ever find yourself being chased by the guards in riften, you should find a house to squat in

he used to be fleeing for his life, but now he lives there

he has significantly improved his situation

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Mars wrote: »
    Maces are like, 2 extra damage for 20% less speed. As soon as you start smithing, swords are way better. Maces and axes do have the better perks though.

All I can say is that I've found I murder stuff much faster with maces than with axes or swords. Maybe the displayed damage is wrong or you're not taking into account how the different weapon perks work, but I know from experience that with a mace, enemies that would be a pain with an axe or sword become trivial.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure the dps between the weapons is the same or very close to the same but maces have the highest base damage so they make the most impressive dents in enemy health

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    No, they're considered one-handed weapons, at least in terms of scaling damage.

Maybe item buffs don't work on them?

Yea according to wiki and my testing, armor items with +20% (etc) One-Handed damage do NOT increase the damage from daggers. Can't say if this is a bug or intentional.

• Options
    Probably intentional, to encourage use of daggers as off-hand weapons.

[IMG][/img]
This discussion has been closed.