As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Skyrim thread for adventurers who don't think jokes get funnier the more you tell them

• Options
    AnosognosAnosognos Who wants to play video games?Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Tef wrote: »
    Re: Dich's post
    I could have sworn that Snow Prince was also referenced in Skyrim. It may have been an NPC in a tomb or a book

Yeah, if you've finished the thieves' guild quest line, you've heard about him and have seen his likeness. You can also read about him in more than one in-game book.

He appears on a loading screen after you've gotten far enough in the thief quests. At least, the storyline suggests the statue of is of him, specifically.
    2075659-2011_12_03_00001.jpg

He lead the snow elf army that resisted the nords when they came to Skyrim. The snow elves were losing. He arrived and single-handedly turned the tide of the battle until he was killed by a nord child.

Anosognos on
    Beemo_Controller.png
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    That's where I saw it! That's some mighty fine sleuthin' there, Anos

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    You guys know snow elves are a thing in skyrim, right?

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    they're not snow elves anymore

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    yes?

could you be more specific

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    snow elves in skyrim
    they're the falmer

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »
    snow elves in skyrim
    they're the falmer
    There still could be some true Snow Elves hidden somewhere.

Hopefully, because I want to kill them too.

• Options
    Well people seemed like they didn't know what was up with the
    snow elf prince in the dlc. It is their stuff. I'm kind of excited to see what they do with it because there is a ton of stuff about them i'm the books and journals

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    Well people seemed like they didn't know what was up with the
    snow elf prince in the dlc. It is their stuff. I'm kind of excited to see what they do with it because there is a ton of stuff about them i'm the books and journals
    That's great, because after I'm done being the Nordic Hjitlar to the remaining Snow Elves and whatever Falmer are left, I'm planning on burning any book about them in the middle of Solitude.

OK, maybe I'll keep a few Falmer around and raise them like livestock so I can collect their ears to make potions. Also target practice.

• Options
    Those fuckin beetles, man

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an MMO to the knee...

just to clear things up.. I didn't say MMOGs like WoW are terrible or boring or whatever, yeah ok the "press auto attack sip, mt dew" was snarky as all hell, so what big deal wanna fight about it?... anyway my point was that they just play verrrrry differently than TES. There's no auto-aim in TES, you don't select a target and then press "attack" or cast spells. you aim, like with the crosshairs, let your shit rip and it hits whatever's in front of you (or not..). In WOW-alikes your hits or misses are exclusively determined by virtual die-rolls, not by your skill with aiming or timing. If a monster's gonna hit you it doesn't matter if you try to dodge, it's gonna hit you if that's what the die roll says..

Maybe that Tera game has more skill-based combat, if I understand Gabe's description of it. Maybe they should aim for more of that kind of experience. Combine a more real-time player-skill based combat system with TES's awesome writing and lore, hell yea that could be a lotta fun. But making it a WoW clone, that's just weird..

jwalk on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    Those fuckin beetles, man

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I hadn't played in awhile and after reading someone's suggestion to go pure conjuration for damage with some restoration and alteration I decided to start playing again and I had forgotten how much I love this game. Also, bound weapons are much better after that one perk and storm atronachs are fucking great period. I keep forgetting to cast the stoneskin and ward spells though, I usually keep the bound weapon in one hand and the summon in the other in case he goes down. I also like the become ethereal shout because I can just stand and let dudes go to town on me while the atronach comes up from behind. There's just so much cool shit I can do!

Oh, and I found a dragonbone armor chest piece in a chest in some dungeon! I'm not currently wearing armor (I like to play for awhile as a mage type, then a heavy armor and mace+shield type, etc.) but it's going in my wardrobe for later.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    science fact: with the Mystic Binding perk, bound weapons do more damage than Daedric ones

granted bound weapons can't be improved with smithing so the gap can be closed easily but still it's good for non-smithing characters (which should be every character because smithing is boring)

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    the bound battleaxe is actually a little weaker than daedric

the sword is exactly the same as daedric, and the bow is actually a decent cut above daedric (it's equivalent to daedric without the perk)

oh, and the arrows are daedric quality too

bound bow is kind of fantastic

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    DE?AD had an interesting theory
    vampire animations + crossbows

maybe a vampire hunting expansion?

That'd be pretty cool!
    It's got something to do with Snow Elves too though. Wonder how big this DLC is going to be. I'm hoping for it to be closer to Shivering Isle size than Fallout 3 DLC size.
    Are Snow Elves the Falmer? If they're not I would love to talk to an intelligent Falmer. Not to the point where I want to walk through another fucking Falmer dungeon, however
    Originally I think so, yeah. We'll probably meet some Snow Elves who managed to escape being fucked over by the Dwemer.

Read this as Dunmer

Would probably still fit fine

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    jwalk wrote: »

just to clear things up.. I didn't say MMOGs like WoW are terrible or boring or whatever, yeah ok the "press auto attack sip, mt dew" was snarky as all hell, so what big deal wanna fight about it?... anyway my point was that they just play verrrrry differently than TES. There's no auto-aim in TES, you don't select a target and then press "attack" or cast spells. you aim, like with the crosshairs, let your shit rip and it hits whatever's in front of you (or not..). In WOW-alikes your hits or misses are exclusively determined by virtual die-rolls, not by your skill with aiming or timing. If a monster's gonna hit you it doesn't matter if you try to dodge, it's gonna hit you if that's what the die roll says..

Maybe that Tera game has more skill-based combat, if I understand Gabe's description of it. Maybe they should aim for more of that kind of experience. Combine a more real-time player-skill based combat system with TES's awesome writing and lore, hell yea that could be a lotta fun. But making it a WoW clone, that's just weird..

it's funny because in the best one (morrowind), you could wail on dudes all day and not hit them because of invisible dice rolls

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    which is why now every time I reinstall morrowind the first thing I do is make a mod that adds a +80 fortify attack effect to every birthsign

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    the falmer are disgusting and creepy and i will kill them and all their kin with relish

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    (kill all elves)

(except bosmer)

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    the falmer are disgusting and creepy and i will kill them and all their kin with relish

Then eat their ears...FOR SCIENCE!!

• Options
    jwalk wrote: »

it's funny because in the best one (morrowind), you could wail on dudes all day and not hit them because of invisible dice rolls

about the most infuriating thing I have encountered in video games

morrowind has the distinction of being one of my favorite games while simultaneously being the only game I have ever ragequit

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    the bound battleaxe is actually a little weaker than daedric

the sword is exactly the same as daedric, and the bow is actually a decent cut above daedric (it's equivalent to daedric without the perk)

oh, and the arrows are daedric quality too

bound bow is kind of fantastic

you can upgrade the real deals with smithing, though

unless fortify conjuration boosts the damage up, they don't compare very well

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options

eh they're not that creepy, considering

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    wood elves are the best because nature and also my sneaky character is a lady wood elf named Basura which is spanish for trash and i give her so much fanon you don't even know

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Wood Elves may have the ability to change into cannibalistic beasts, but they only support locally owned food markets and refuse to drink anything but hemp milk with their evening meal of fair trade wood elf.

• Options
    see, you get me, cilla

oh also i forgot she's a level four vampire

but i can't feed? i interact with sleeping people and it just makes me try to pickpocket them

and everyone attacks me on sight

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    The Falmer were both physically and morally repulsive and utterly tragic
    Being forcefully degenerated into blind savages is a horrifying thing to suffer

• Options
    PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    I love the Falmer as a concept and in execution
    Once saw a Falmer Gloomlurker come running out of the shadows towards me only to be instantly crushed by a Steam Centurion
    Dude got up and we killed it together
    (Then I killed him)

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Personface wrote: »
    The Falmer were both physically and morally repulsive and utterly tragic
    Being forcefully degenerated into blind savages is a horrifying thing to suffer
    Yeah

to the point that they don't have black souls anymore.

The dwemer were jerks.

• Options
    Yeah the Dwemer's actions are kind of inexcusable in that regard. Dudes were just dicks.

• Options
    I can only hope that all elves meet such ends as the falmer and dwemer

• Options
    Man, the bosmer and dunmer are cool.

Even the high elves ain't all bad. The Thalmor are enormous assholes, though.

• Options
    Whoa Dux. Let's not go trying to rationalize elves in this thread. Buncha elf haters in here.

Despite TES lore having some of the coolest elves ever. Also the most. Everyone who isn't a beastman or a human is a goddamn elf somehow.

• Options
    kill the slave takers

• Options
    Whoa Dux. Let's not go trying to rationalize elves in this thread. Buncha elf haters in here.

Despite TES lore having some of the coolest elves ever. Also the most. Everyone who isn't a beastman or a human is a goddamn elf somehow.

Let's not forget the Orsimer who are a bunch of total bosses.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    are we talking about genociding every elf

• Options
    I really don't like the whole thing with the dwemer and falmer
    like it's just pointlessly cartoonish evil on the part of the dwemer, when beforehand the dwemer were basically just really acerbic athiest dicks

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    actually orcs can stay

otherwise yes

• Options
    I want them to let us play the snakeperson race in TES6

do it, bethesda

This discussion has been closed.