As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Expensive purses, etc.

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Callius wrote: »
    Sheri wrote: »
    Look, if you think that all women are giggly obnoxious bitches who spend $1000 on a purse and want a man to provide for them for the rest of their lives, you've been hanging out with the wrong women.

There are just as many women who are nothing like that and if you're too dumb to realize it maybe you're too dumb to find them.

<3

Good, you love me, now provide for me for the rest of my life while I sit on my ass and eat chocolate.

Sheri on
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    But Sheri, you do have to admit that women are giggly little bitches who like expensive, useless crap and basically need a man to feed them and think for them. I mean, just to be fair and honest. Fair and balanced? I dunno. No-spin zone.

Defender on
    edited February 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    But Sheri, you do have to admit that women are giggly little bitches who like expensive, useless crap and basically need a man to feed them and think for them. I mean, just to be fair and honest. Fair and balanced? I dunno. No-spin zone.

Have to

Just gotta

Sheri on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Look, if you think that all women are giggly obnoxious bitches who spend $1000 on a purse and want a man to provide for them for the rest of their lives, you've been hanging out with the wrong women.

There are just as many women who are nothing like that and if you're too dumb to realize it maybe you're too dumb to find them.

<3
    ^^ wants all the purses for himself ^^

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bullshit, do you know how pitiful child-support usually is?

It's a pittance, it really is in most instance.

No I don't and if what you say is true then the problem should be fixed with an increase in child support. Not alimony. If the money is for providing the the children then it should be mandated and collected as such. But she should still have a hand in the child provision process besides just child rearing. That is unless the husband has no intention of seeking any custody.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Child support is a whole separate issue from alimony.

And child support is really, really screwed up in this country. Really screwed.

Janson on
    edited February 2007
    Again, situational. I'm sure you have absolutely no problem with child support. If the person in custody of the child spends it in ridiculous ways that's another matter.

Of course you still owe your kids an upbringing. Not loving their mother anymore doesn't get you off the hook for creating them. My friend does have like 50% custody, though, so it's not like she's raising them and paying all their bills and that's why he should reimburse her. I dunno, I think it's just bullshit. In his particular case, that is.

Defender on
    edited February 2007

Defender is who's looking out for you!

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Seriously though, in the words of Kanye West:

Say we want pre-nup!
    we want pre-nup!

Ever hear about Stephen Jackson (pro NBA player) calling off his marriage at the zero hour because she wouldn't sign a pre-nup?

GULLY.

• HitScanHitScan Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I believe that there are relationships where people just get each other things without expecting anything back in return or anything except continued love and companionship... I'm not sure if their relationship is as uber-meaningful like that. I'd like to provide more of my thoughts on it, but I'm not sure if I'd feel right doing so, even if the two are remaining anonymous... hrm.

Yes, but you see, none of those relationships involve individuals that would consent to spending $1000 on a (likely tiny) fashion accessory.

One of nature's mysteries, that.

Edit: Fuck a duck. This was from page 12 or something. I need to start reading these things backwards.

HitScan on
    Unstable like the isotope that resolves the fate of the theoretical cat in the hypothetical crate.
    Yo momma so fat she got triabetes
    edited February 2007

Have to

Just gotta

And to be fair, they are basically draw you in and use all sorts of tricks to get you to marry them and then you do marry them and then they turn into these goddamn harpies and you just want to grab them by the wings and kick them in the face and stomp them down and then rip their wings off and throw them on the ground and then they bleed to death and that's where I think they got the idea for that animation in God Of War.

Defender on
    edited February 2007
    My ex-girlfriend used to always tell me:

"You can marry more in a minute then you can make in a life-time."

It is a motto I live by.

• HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    My dad doesn't pay as much as he should for child support and my step-father got the "oh, you can't pay for this much child support? Then get a better job" treatment.

Totally situational.

Homeless on
    edited February 2007
    Butters wrote: »

Defender is who's looking out for you!

I refer to myself in the third person as "The Big Man" when talking to my girlfriend.

Defender on
    edited February 2007
    potatoe wrote: »
    potatoe wrote: »
    The older I get, the more I despise the thought of a wife that I would have to "provide" for. Dependency is such a turnoff.

i wouldn't mind having a wife that stayed at home with the kids, given i had a job that could support that.
    but i am in no means against her bringing home a paycheck as well

I don't know, man. I don't even think I want kids anymore. Is there really not enough people in this fucking world?

see, i love kids, and i'm great with them

that was one of those really nice compliments that my ex gave me once after spending an entire day hanging out with her and her younger sister, that i would make a great father

but maybe i'm wierd for liking to hear that kind of thing

Oh now I love kids too. I really do. But I have learned through helping run my mom's in-home daycare business during jr. high and high school that the best kids are other people's kids. You play with them, change them, teach them new words and ABC's, feed them lunch, and when the day is over you send them on home.

Butters on
    edited February 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    Seriously though, in the words of Kanye West:

Say we want pre-nup!
    we want pre-nup!

Ever hear about Stephen Jackson (pro NBA player) calling off his marriage at the zero hour because she wouldn't sign a pre-nup?

GULLY.

This is a good move.

It is a motto I live by.

This is why.

Defender on
    edited February 2007

Have to

Just gotta

And to be fair, they are basically draw you in and use all sorts of tricks to get you to marry them and then you do marry them and then they turn into these goddamn harpies and you just want to grab them by the wings and kick them in the face and stomp them down and then rip their wings off and throw them on the ground and then they bleed to death and that's where I think they got the idea for that animation in God Of War.

Defender

Did some chick poke holes in the condom so you'd marry her?

Sheri on
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

<3

Good, you love me, now provide for me for the rest of my life while I sit on my ass and eat chocolate.

No tits, no chocolate.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
    edited February 2007
    I talk to my girlfriend in the same voice, and often with the same words, as I use when addressing the cat.

"Who's so pretty? YOU are! Yes, you! YOU'RE so pretty! Who's my pretty girl? Oh yes you ARE! Yes! So pretty!"

EDIT: WTF GRAMMAR

Defender on
    edited February 2007

<3

No tits, no chocolate.

That's not fair. I can't help it, I was born this way. :(

Sheri on
    edited February 2007

Have to

Just gotta

Defender

Bitch forgot I have a mean right-uppercut/left-hook combination. Been working that move for years.

Defender on
    edited February 2007
    I talk to my girlfriend in the same voice, and often with the same words, as I use when addressing the cat.

"Whose so pretty? YOU are! Yes, you! YOU'RE so pretty! Who's my pretty girl? Oh yes you ARE! Yes! So pretty!"

I'll bet Defender is totally the bitch in his relationship, too.

It's so cute when you pretend. <3

Sheri on
    edited February 2007

Have to

Just gotta

Defender

See?

SHE KNOWS!

edited February 2007

It is a motto I live by.

How could you date someone... that...

JESUS FUCK YOU GUYS HURT MY BRAIN!

I'm so glad I found a girl that totally identifies with my priorities and world-view, it makes things much easier.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
    edited February 2007

It is a motto I live by.

I'm so glad I found a girl that totally identifies with my priorities and world-view, it makes things much easier.

So

Lots of sex?

Sheri on
    edited February 2007
    You don't need a rubber. I'm on the pill I swear it!

Butters on
    edited February 2007

It is a motto I live by.

I mean it was a joke, but don't think I wasn't taking notes.

I would gladly date a woman who was making more money than me. I have no hang-ups about who the traditional provider is or anything like that. I know a girl who owns a home -- I can't decide if it's that or who she is that is so damn attractive.

edited February 2007

"Who's so pretty? YOU are! Yes, you! YOU'RE so pretty! Who's my pretty girl? Oh yes you ARE! Yes! So pretty!"

I'll bet Defender is totally the bitch in his relationship, too.

It's so cute when you pretend. <3

DAMMIT YOU QUOTED MY GRAMMATICAL FUCKUP

No, I am actually not making any of this up. This is 100% true. But I only do it to annoy the shit out of her, which I only do because I love her. So I guess it's true, but I'm misrepresenting it by being selective in my description.

Defender on
    edited February 2007

<3

No tits, no chocolate.

You need a man with the means to buy you the tits you deserve, Sheri.

Butters on
    edited February 2007

<3

No tits, no chocolate.

You need a man with the means to buy you the tits you deserve, Sheri.

Okay, I admit, I laughed.

Sheri on
    edited February 2007

It is a motto I live by.

I did too for the most part a little while ago. But she's determined not to get involved in an exclusive relationship. I've been pretty bummed out since I stopped seeing her two weeks ago. :(

Butters on
    edited February 2007

<3

No tits, no chocolate.

I was born to only value you for your body.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Have we talked about Denehilist and his jeans yet?

Weaver on
    edited February 2007

<3

No tits, no chocolate.

I am worth $0.03.

Sheri on
    edited February 2007
    Dude, anyone who doesn't want an exclusive relationship can fuck off for all I care. Sorry, but I don't your bullshit. You can't even commit to a DATING relationship with just one person? That's either fucked up or unbelievably immature, and I see no reason to waste time on it. Let alone the threat of STDs.

Defender on
    edited February 2007
    I knew a girl who kept like a piggy-bank on her night-stand or whatever where she would put all her loose change and funds, etc. in the hopes of one day the fund becoming large enough for her to finally get that tit-job she dreamed of.

She was more a friend of a friend (of a friend) than a real friend, though.

edited February 2007

It is a motto I live by.

So

Lots of sex?

God yes... she's read more of the Victorian Bondage Erotica than I have!

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
    edited February 2007
    Dude, anyone who doesn't want an exclusive relationship can fuck off for all I care. Sorry, but I don't your bullshit. You can't even commit to a DATING relationship with just one person? That's either fucked up or unbelievably immature, and I see no reason to waste time on it. Let alone the threat of STDs.

Defender, hey... buddy... different people live different lives.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Weaver wrote: »
    Have we talked about Denehilist and his jeans yet?

Are you drunk again or do you never sober up?

Dynagrip on
    edited February 2007

I am worth $0.03.

Oh come on! Your average surfboard is worth more than that.

Butters on