As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]nequa don't live here no mo'

• Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    I need a giant pencil like that. Where did you get yours?

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    At the PhotoShop.

• Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    In other news, I think I gave myself a mild case of forearm tendonitis (thanks for the diagnosis, internet!). Cause was apparently jumping back into the gym routine too fast.

In other words, I'm not swole enough.
    5568_575118665877_45604835_33778868_2051631_n.jpg
    You gotta go for just the right amount of 'swole.'
    aka huge boobs
    ComicHotties21.jpg

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    Prosp your dog has the best face

I would like to contest this, see my dog for evidence below:
    AfHiDeTCMAA5glb.jpg
    0af3713e16bd11e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg
    Ae-y8BiCAAAi0Ow.jpg
    e66a6096191111e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    Lets not start this battle.
    facesoffranklin1.jpg
    facesoffranklin4.jpg

• Options
    JeckalHydeJeckalHyde Lord Awesome New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Finally a place to sit and work for hours.
    392702_10151154179690015_682455014_22414075_725141909_n.jpg

JeckalHyde on
  • Options
    oh god they all win THEY ALL WI- ......Jeckal your dog's face is hideous.

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Franklin Caption contest

facesoffranklin1.jpg
    "I know all about what you do in the lounge room when you're alone on a Thursday night."

Mustang on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Mustang wrote:
    facesoffranklin1.jpg
    Franklin Caption contest: "I know all about what you do in the lounge room when you're alone on a Thursday night."

"I will eat your body and your soul. Unless you give me belly rubs right the fuck now."

• Options

facesoffranklin1.jpg
    You've been posting pictures of me on the INTERNET?? THE ENTIRE TIME??

Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Flay wrote:
    Nappuccino wrote:
    Oh man, this video makes me so happy Godspeed are back together.

I never knew they broke up! But this is great news.

Also I really really like that Grails track.

Yep, not too long after 9/11- they didn't really know how to deal with that issue when their whole thing was about avoiding audience/band interaction. So they split up into a few different bands (A Silver Mt. Zion being the most successful one) and they were all incredibly vague about if they would ever get back together again.

I think they did their first reunion show sometime last year and they've been touring pretty regularly since then so things are looking pretty good for a new album soon.

edit: also, glad to hear you liked Grails. They're super awesome once you get past the fact that they write far more condensed songs than most of post-rock. I'd definitely check out The Burden of Hope, Take Refuge in Clean Living , and Deep Politics to start with... but you pretty much can't go wrong with any of their albums in my opinion.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Who here has Mario Kart 7 that isn't EarthwormAdam? I want to play with him but he is never on

Friend codes ho!

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular

facesoffranklin1.jpg
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Noooo, I don't want to come after napps spot on caption...
    facesoffranklin1.jpg
    "it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again"

• Options
    ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    facesoffranklin1.jpg

"There is no spoon?"

• Options
    facesoffranklin1.jpg

"There is no spoon?"

Alt: "I know Kung Fu."

Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Sieg

I'm coming to your house and stealing your doggie

• Options
    Good luck. She pees if you try and pick her up. She's definitely a "nervous-nellie," as me mum calls her.

Zoe is also like 13, she's still happy and energetic as ever but boy do I fret about her.

Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    Well. I've made an anti-SOPA thingie for all my NTO requests on the 18th.

header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    Didn't SOPA already get shot down?

• Options
    edited January 2012
    No. The 18th is the organized blackout/protest, originally because there was a hearing that day, but that was since canceled. Reddit, Wikipedia, Mojang and a squillion little dudes are participating.

There's another blackout partially orchestrated for the 23rd, too, I think? In protest of SOPA's dumb cousin PIPA.

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    I thought this meant SOPA was dead.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    That's fantastic & encouraging, but it's only shelved, not killed. The protest's still on, as far I understand? Meanwhile Murdoch has gone on a crazy twitter tear.

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    cakemikz wrote:
    I thought this meant SOPA was dead.

The copyright lobby (RIAA, MPAA, etc.) won't end its little war against the future here. It started with the DMCA, then became a thing with Napster, and now they try to ram one of these through at least once a year.

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    squidbunny wrote:
    In protest of SOPA's dumb cousin PIPA.

I struggle every day to NOT make this kind of posts but this one is just too much:
    "pipa" is the Polish word for "cunt"

Mayday on
  • Options
    Fitting!

header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Rupert Murdoch doesn't seem to know how internet works.

I really hope that Mesh Networking at some point becomes a viable alternative to the internet.

Flay on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    DMAC wrote:
    As punishment you have to listen to Angie Jordan saying "ham" for 15 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-dmRJp0Ljs

This sounds like like it's going to break out into Dude Looks Like a Lady.

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Godfather wrote:
    Who here has Mario Kart 7 that isn't EarthwormAdam? I want to play with him but he is never on

you lie

YOU LIEEEE

• Options
    Aghh drinking Pepsi at 9pm to try to make this caffeine withdrawal headache go away. I don't want to be drinking caffeine this late, I know it's stupid but my braaiiiiinnnnnn aggggggghhhh.

goawaygoawaygoawaygoawaygoawaygoawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggghhh

Why did I take up drinking soda again, it always end in tears.

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    What about if you just took some Excedrin?

You know, it's pretty scary that, as SOPA and PIPA go, the right-wing rhetoric surrounding the "totalitarian" nature of the democratic party is basically dead on. SOPA was proposed by a republican but like 80% of the support is democratic. And PIPA was proposed by a democrat.

Way to fucking vindicate paranoid assholes like Glenn Beck, democratic party. You sure are doing a crackerjack job.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    I remember one of the worst times I went fully nocturnal I tried desperately to bring myself back to a regular schedule with caffeine. That just ended up with me falling asleep at 12pm with a racing heartbeat and shaky hands. I was actually pretty surprised I could fall asleep with that much caffeine in my system.

I think I get caffeine headaches now, but that's only if I sleep in really late. (In the very rare instance I have a headache upon waking, I assume that's the cause. Only started happening this year. It's either that or the government radiowaves finally penetrated my tin foil hat.)

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited January 2012

Well, the vending machine is closer than the drug store, so....

But it's weird how bad these headaches get, I make a point of drinking no more than a can's worth of Coke per day. It doesn't seem like that's a whole ton of caffeine, especially compared to what a lot of people drink.

I wonder if drinking a hell of a lot more than that growing up fucked up my brain somehow, making these withdrawal symptoms more pronounced than they would be otherwise.

EDIT: Also, question: How much do you tend to evangelize stuff shows/movies/books/comics to friends? I tend to mention things in passing and then if they haven't seen it, I just say 'well, it's good' and then kinda move on so as not to be obnoxious...but man sometimes I want to gush about Avatar:TLA or Cucumber Quest or something and I don't have anyone to dork out about it with.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    You can gush to me about those things, Bacon

you can gush all over me about anything you want

:winky:

• Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited January 2012

Well, the vending machine is closer than the drug store, so....

But it's weird how bad these headaches get, I make a point of drinking no more than a can's worth of Coke per day. It doesn't seem like that's a whole ton of caffeine, especially compared to what a lot of people drink.

I wonder if drinking a hell of a lot more than that growing up fucked up my brain somehow, making these withdrawal symptoms more pronounced than they would be otherwise.

EDIT: Also, question: How much do you tend to evangelize stuff shows/movies/books/comics to friends? I tend to mention things in passing and then if they haven't seen it, I just say 'well, it's good' and then kinda move on so as not to be obnoxious...but man sometimes I want to gush about Avatar:TLA or Cucumber Quest or something and I don't have anyone to dork out about it with.

omg omg

I want to gush about things like Cucumber Quest all day long but none of my friends read it because they are stupid. And sometimes I end up chatting with customers at work about comics to the point where THEY are all "you should probably get some work done stop talking to me" because I get a lot of built up excitement that bursts out of me sometimes. Man why aren't we friends irl Bacon, so I can have a friend to gush with!

Also, I miss drinking Coke/Pepsi/massive amounts of coffee. But cola/soda in general irritates my most-likely-never-finished-healing ulcer and causes me to want to keel over and die.

And ND, waking headaches could be dehydration or allergies! I've been getting mad migraines in my room due to the walls of my room being lined with dust apparently. But sometimes they go away if I move around a bit - 90% of the time they only come about when I wake up.

melting_doll on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    I used to do that all the time with One Piece, and now I just walk away before things get too crazy

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Right now I'm forcing Sherlock on everyone.

• Options
    [omg omg

I want to gush about things like Cucumber Quest all day long but none of my friends read it because they are stupid. And sometimes I end up chatting with customers at work about comics to the point where THEY are all "you should probably get some work done stop talking to me" because I get a lot of built up excitement that bursts out of me sometimes. Man why aren't we friends irl Bacon, so I can have a friend to gush with!

Dang it why you gotta be thousands of miles away, I don't think I'm friends with anyone irl who I could convince to read CQ beyond the first page (same with Homestuck...which is just so strange in general that it's hard to put together a sales pitch that doesn't make you sound like a crazy person for reading it).

In any case CQ is totally fantastic (as I've said a couple times previously already, I think), but the latest page I just want to gush about because Cuco's 'dream job' is just so cute in a 'aw, that's adorable <tousles hair>" kinda way. Most works of fiction featuring kids as main characters seem to either make them obnoxious little 'too-cool-for-school 'shits, or basically semi-immature grown-ups in kid bodies (actually, if you just look at movies that kinda goes most adult main characters as well)- it's a nice change of pace to see one that's just kind of an average, sweethearted dude, really.

@Kochi: I checked out the first 3 eps on Netflix (that's all that's up there so far), so I'm glad you've been recommending it- it's a pretty fun show. :^: (If you could continue to recommend it when the rest of the episodes are up so I don't forget to watch them, that'd be awesome too.)

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    I dunno when they'll be on netflix, but I think for American's they're starting to air the second season on your telly. You must refer to it as a telly to be able to watch it though.

also holy shit be careful with your abbreviations, I thought you were gushing over QC for a moment.

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    You know what I wanna gush about?

fruitgushers_small.jpg

This discussion has been closed.