As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]nequa don't live here no mo'

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Man, there's a lot of deep stuff going on in this page. DDV, maybe if that doctor isn't helping much try a different one. I've known a few people that have had to switch up a few times until they got a doc that they felt was actually wanting to help as opposed to what sounds like the generic responses you're getting.

TOTP pups pic, my dog doing vogue.
    Tau.jpg

Prospicience on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    d'awwww

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    First day of work is going well. Except for I made the bonehead move of leaving the company laptop that I got on Friday at home today. I was hoping that it wasn't a big deal as I realized it after I had already gotten off the subway and onto the bus. Turns out that it's my home/travel computer as well as the computer that I set up and use at the office every day. Silly me!

In any case, not that big of a deal on the very first day but something I should certainly not forget to bring with me in the future.

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Well at least you remembered to wear pants.

Wait, you didn't wear any pants?

Grifter…

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    pants are over rated... also being unemployed means never having to wear them

what im saying here is they are pretty easy to forget (if it wasnt 20 degrees outside)

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    this is the saddest day of my life
    He insists that no waxing was involved, however. “I don’t have any body hair,” he explains. “It stops at my neck. I’m part Sicilian and Armenian.”

http://www.out.com/entertainment/television/2012/02/21/joe-manganiello-true-blood-naked-magic-mike

Kochikens on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    Well turns out my kitty doesn't have diabetes like I thought, instead he has chronic renal failure.......which really fucking sucks.

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Aww, wow. I'm sorry, Mustang. :c

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    I'm so sorry Mustang ):

• PROXPROX Registered User regular
    Shoot Mustang. I'm really sorry.

Aw shoot, I'm sorry 'Stang. All my loves goin' your way.

Thanks duders, I got him all his meds and food this afternoon, which he loves. So that's a relief. Hopefully he responds to the medication. He's only 4 and a half, so I'm hoping to have him around a little longer.

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Sorry to hear that, dude. Hope that your kitty makes it through alright.

Well that's good that there is treatment.

Man, my job is killing me. I've gotten some great experience shooting photos 6 days a week for almost a year and a half now... but holy hell working basically 12 hours a day with driving and editing (and not getting reimbursed for 80% of my driving is tough). Time to really start lookin' for a new jorb me thinks.

• MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    Have you guys seen this?

http://penmoto.com/

It's a little magnetic ring for your stylus. I'm seriously considering getting one, because I often find myself switching from my pen to the keyboard.

Shouldn't you not have magnets around your computer?

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Oh hey:
    http://www.redflagdeals.com/in/barrie/deals/c/computers-electronics/80-off-adobe-master-collection-cs55-student-teacher-edition-education-discounts-at-adobe/

Forum user Firestorm spotted a great deal on Adobe software for students and teachers. Right now, there's a coupon code out that will bring the price of their design software down to incredibly affordable prices.

To get these discounted prices, you will need to use the education store and confirm that you are eligible for the education pricing. Use promo code SAVE80EDU to get the following prices (note that these are the Student and Teacher editions of the software):

Photoshop CS5 Extended Student and Teacher Edition - $39.80 (regular student price $199)
    Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium - $89.80 US (regular student price: $449)
    Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium - $89.80 US (regular student price: $449)
    Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium - $89.80 US (regular student price: $449)
    Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection - $179.80 US (regular student price: $899)

If you're still at school, and don't own Photoshop, go buy Photoshop for $40.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    PROX wrote:
    Shouldn't you not have magnets around your computer?

Magnets affect magnetic storage, which is only conventional hard drives at this point. And those you have to use a powerful enough magnet and blatantly try to muck with it. It is not trivial.

So you're fine, unless you're still packing floppies!

OrokosPA.png
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Have you guys seen this?

http://penmoto.com/

It's a little magnetic ring for your stylus. I'm seriously considering getting one, because I often find myself switching from my pen to the keyboard.

I would totally buy one

if I still had a tablet

• earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    I am finally able to eat food today, after 24 hours of puking and shitting myselfff! Hooray?

That was one helluva virus. I def have never vomited that much in one single day. Now I feel pretty much better except for the fact that my neck is incredibly sore from all the violent puking.

• JeckalHydeJeckalHyde Lord Awesome New ZealandRegistered User regular
    That sounds like a horrendous case food poisoning dude, which is not good at all.
    Well from my experience of prolonged up-chucking and defecating.
    At least your coming right now.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Rolo wrote: »

If you're still at school, and don't own Photoshop, go buy Photoshop for $40.

well, fuck.

This sort of thing always happens right after I suck it up and buy the damn software.

I guess it's called a norovirus and has been spreading around my workplace. Either way I'm glad to hopefully be in the clear.

• TamTam Registered User regular
    Shitting fucks, 70 hour work weeks are the very opposite of fun.

But I don't have a seriously ill pet- sorry Mustang.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Do those deals work with someone who has a government e-mail address, or it it specifically limited to students and teachers?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    You probably just have to have an active .edu email address.

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    when i worked for the govt we got several discounts on software/hardware ask your friendly or not so friendly hr person

Wow I'm glad you aren't expelling all your nutrients anymore Earthworm.

edited February 2012
    Thanks! I knowww, feels great to eat again. Spaghetti spaghetti and more spaghetti.

Also, I just got my Saturday ticket for Pax East. Yay! Join meee!

earthwormadam on
    Last vet visit for my kitty todaaayyy

tumblr_lzfecymdNb1qb4mbzo4_500.jpg

no more footie bandaaggee

edited February 2012
    Hooooooraykitty

Glad it's healed.

PROX on
  • Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    you guys you guys you guys. Listen to this!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9L-QzakeiM
    I hope it cheers up and inspires as it did with me.

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    I guess it's called a norovirus and has been spreading around my workplace. Either way I'm glad to hopefully be in the clear.

I had something like that rear its head while I was at a party. It was pretty great.

• ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    We had a case of norovirus that took out around a quarter of my highschool one week. It was the worst I've ever been sick in my life, by far. Was out for 3 days and puked 15 times the first night.

I can't eat Fettuccine alfredo anymore.

Scosglen on
  • SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    Packed most of my shit in a shipping crate today!

I don't think the actual emotions of moving to a new city are going to set in until I am unpacked in my new place and realize I know no one except my gf.

edited February 2012
    Some of you jerks should go for this: pixar story artist

It'd be a tough gig to get, but even if you made it to the interview process it would be with it.

Also I didn't know I could set my iPhone up as a wireless hotspot... I'm browsing the internets in the park on my iPad that I was too stingy to get 3G on. I love the future, my only regret is what awesome things the future future will have that I don't have yet.

Mustang on
    Who has two thumbs and just got a job at Blizzard?

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Keeping a food diary like this has given me quite a window into my own thoughts and feelings.

The food records I've kept in the past have only been itemized lists of things eaten with calories beside them like a damned spreadsheet.

But this. I'm telling this book shit I didn't even know about myself until I wrote it. It's one of the most surreal experiences of my life, and it's scaring the shit out of me. Just now, I recorded my body attempting to talk me into letting myself go again. It is using arguments like "Life is pointless anyway. Just painful struggle followed by death and the bleakness of nonexistence. Might as well die fat and happy...Who cares? It's too late for you to be pretty anyway."

Jesus Christ, each entry is just a 7-8 page narrative of me judging the hell out of myself.

PROX wrote: »
    Who has two thumbs and just got a job at Blizzard?

grats!!

This discussion has been closed.