As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]nequa don't live here no mo'

• brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    Holy ish Prox! that is awesome, I am literally full of awe.

• ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    It's usually a GTA type game (played by sociopaths) or some kind of MMO, played by people so addicted they neglect their children and yet still afford apartments in Miami/Manhattan.

Actually, the writers for all those crime/police dramas are all humongous nerds, so they have a kind of in-joke bet with each other where they do their best to make the most excruciating butchery of modern technology and get the stupidest shit on air. That's how you end up with a teenage girl playing Prince of Persia to hack into excel spreadsheets hidden within an xbox.

Scosglen on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Congrats Prox! Awesome news.

• SaintElmosWireSaintElmosWire Registered User regular
    You're now living the dream Prox :D Gratz.

I always love in shows when someone turns away from the console/PC and the game keeps playing. I just sit there and go... Surely someone, anyone on set actually plays games.

MvViV.jpg
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    So... my dream place to work in this shitty college town is hiring.

But the girl I've been talking to (and who i'm planning on asking out soon) works there.

Hmmmmmm :/

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Every episode of PATV just motivates me to work harder. This week's especially. I long for the day when I can have professional relationships with my friends (or vice versa) like Mike/Jerry/Scott/Kris have.

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
    Nappuccino wrote: »

But the girl I've been talking to (and who i'm planning on asking out soon) works there.

Get her fired secretly, get the job, and then comfort her! WinWin.

MvViV.jpg
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    easier: burn down the place

• Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular

Hmmm.

My advice is to wear her skin and take over her identity. That wa you two can be together forever and you'll also get your dream job. Everyone wins!

• MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    Spectre-x wrote:

Hmmm.

My advice is to wear her skin and take over her identity. That wa you two can be together forever and you'll also get your dream job. Everyone wins!

What's he gonna do Tom from accounting starts hitting on him?

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    does this skin suit make my butt look big?

Tam wrote: »
    easier: burn down the place

but then neither of us can enjoy it!

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Can spouses work together there? Just marry her.

And then burn the place down.

I'm pretty sure we could date and still work there.

But I just would rather have that extra personal space, if we did start to date, you know?

And... I'd rather date her than work there. Working there would be great, but there are other decent places too and dating her would be much better (obviously)

• MyntMynt Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure we could date and still work there.

But I just would rather have that extra personal space, if we did start to date, you know?

And... I'd rather date her than work there. Working there would be great, but there are other decent places too and dating her would be much better (obviously)

Sounds like you know what you want to do then... :)

Well if you get the job and date her and the dating goes bad, then the job gets way worse. But if you take the job and don't date her, she torments you every day. So the dating her and taking a different job sounds best :P

MvViV.jpg
    Well if you get the job and date her and the dating goes bad, then the job gets way worse. But if you take the job and don't date her, she torments you every day. So the dating her and taking a different job sounds best :P

Yep!

Just a bummer because like, a month ago I could have worked there and not had this problem at all lol

Screw that! Go for it all! Live your dreams, Napp!!!

Well, the "dream job" is just a pretty sweet little bookstore/music store... its not like there aren't any others around. Plus I assume that I'd get to use her sweet discount benefits should we start dating :D [/ulterior motive revealed]

Go for both, Napp.

Don't make me shame you.

edited February 2012
    :(

edit: Well, I'm hoping to hang out with her next week and I might ask her about it all then... maybe I will get both.

Nappuccino on

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Dude, just date her until you get the job and then dump her once you don't need her discount benefits. Oh, and make sure you get in there before you break up too. Or at least get some break up sex or something. It's a dog eat dog world, baby!

Hahaha

If there is one thing I can count on this forum for, it is hilarious advice :)

• lizard eats flieslizard eats flies Registered User regular
    Hooray! Tomorrow my band is playing its biggest gig yet. AND its even a paying gig! Up til now we have just be paid in drinks. We are debuting a new song too, which I hope I can get someone to record a video of so I can post in my music thread for feedback.

Awesome news!

Best of luck at the show!

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Blugh back injuries are no fun.

Gonna try and get some sleep.

• PROXPROX Registered User regular
    Hooray! Hooray for everyone!

• Nappuccino wrote: »

edit: Well, I'm hoping to hang out with her next week and I might ask her about it all then... maybe I will get both.

ASK HER OUT NOW!

Judging by your past complaints, between now and next week is JUST enough time for her to start going out with an employee that ALREADY works at the store, so when you get the job you'll have to spend every moment replacing books dislodged from the shelves by their vigorous and incessant make-out sessions in that tucked away little corner by the military history section.

ASK HER OUT NOW!

Judging by your past complaints, between now and next week is JUST enough time for her to start going out with an employee that ALREADY works at the store, so when you get the job you'll have to spend every moment replacing books dislodged from the shelves by their vigorous and incessant make-out sessions in that tucked away little corner by the military history section.

goddamn it don't remind me :(

But we've somehow never exchanged numbers so its just facebook and class- which was cancelled for next week.

I have a plan, but I am no McGyver

• Make up a party invite for this weekend, FB e-vite her and some other irrelevant room-padding humans to that shit, bam opportunity for asking her out.

I was just going to fb ask if she wanted to hang out during the time our class is cancelled....

• 3 DAYS AWAY AT MINIMUM.

UNACCEPTABLE!

She could start going out with someone, breakup with them, and start going out with ANOTHER someone in that time!

maybe that another someone would be me?

• Only if she decides to Kool-Aid Man herself through your apartment wall and ask you out sometime on Sunday. (I'm assuming here you don't have classes on the weekend.)

hahaha, no.

And if she could "Awww YEA" her way through my wall, it would be really impressive. And I would have to say yes.

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited February 2012
    And if she could "Awww YEA" her way through my wall, it would be really impressive. And I would have to say yes.

Well, no shit! But my point it that the likelihood of that happening is probably like, 1 in 5 at best, so you can't rely on that plan of action.

Don't make me pull out the big guns of romantic courage here, and by "big guns" I mean 7 dudes with big hair in a neon UFO.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    Well, no. But didn't I already say I was going to ask her out?

• Yes.
    But you also said you were waiting to do so.
    And you've also said (repeatedly) that waiting has screwed you over numerous times.

Frankly you'd probably be better off just asking out every girl you meet immediately upon introduction, then say "LOL JK" if you're not actually interested in her.

Don't get me wrong, you are making a compelling argument, but she is also recently out of a relationship so I want to play things a little close to my chest while also actually pushing forward too. Hence just starting with a hangout next week and if that goes well, asking her out after.

• Your natural sensitivity, while admirable, is just going to make you cry that much harder inside when you're asked to cover for her and Bookshop Stud while they rendezvous in the employee bathroom.

This discussion has been closed.