As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]nequa don't live here no mo'

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I'm going to need a second, preferably female, opinion on this one (no offense bacon)

tumblr_lzclwvvEi01qzigel.gif

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited February 2012
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    I'm going to need a second, preferably female, opinion on this one (no offense bacon)

Would my argument carry more weight if I changed my avatar to a genderbent version of myself from that old Draw-a-Forumer thread?

EDIT: Actually it's time for a new avatar anyway...a St. Patrick's one, maybe?

Angel_of_Bacon on
    Maybe a little

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• NicNic Registered User regular
    Would my argument carry more weight if I changed my avatar to a genderbent version of myself from that old Draw-a-Forumer thread?

It'd be fun to get that going again. I remember it from when I would come here in late 2009/ early 2010

• earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    I just got home, heavily intoxicated, but I must say that Bacon is completely 100 percent correct and his advice should be followed without second thought.

Also someone should resurrect that thread, for serious.

So you're saying that a 5'3" girl can Koolaid man through my bedroom wall?

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Those bookstore music studs are pretty dreamy... I have to say.

you're all jerks

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    "Just out of a relationship" doesn't always necessarily mean a girl can't function if she were to try a new one. Even my mom makes fun of me because I can't stay single- not because I'm desperate for companionship (I'm pretty good about preparing and expecting to be alone for a while), but because once I have a break up, there is always someone that takes no time trying to move in. (I DON'T KNOW WHY. I'm really not that cool.)

If she says she isn't ready, then she isn't. But don't assume! I got out of a 2 year relationship and felt relieved and happier than I had the last year of my time with the guy. If it was a long or serious relationship she just got out of but she still has an interest in dating you, just remember to take it slow. (:

Yeah... I don't plan on rushing through things with her. Even if she had been single for longer I don't think I'm the rushing kinda guy.

Thanks for you input though! That does make me feel a bit better about asking in the first place.

• The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    If the sun stays out today i'll finally get the chance to photograph some paintings to keep my thread alive!

• Faded_SneakersFaded_Sneakers City of AngelsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    If comicpress were a person I'd punch it. And if the worthless tutorials were people I'd hire a Guy to punch them.

And if 5g limited data were a ...

*scream*

Edit: Comicpress is awesome. I however am retarded. Am now punching self in face.

Faded_Sneakers on
    Instagram: fadedsneakers
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Longest night of my life...

I think I might have slept about fifteen minutes total.

Ughhh.

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I'm taking care of a coworker's adorable corgi for the next 10 days, and last night was his first night here.

I've been totally acting like a nervous first-time mother (is that a whine!? Is it 3am? Does he need to pee?!?) and I'm very unused to having noise in my room beyond a fan...so I probably woke up like 20 times.

Even now, he's just walking around the apartment, and I'm afraid that an inedible plant will materialize in the middle of the living room. Or some plastic. Or a floor-level chocolate cake.

• MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    My wife was once asked to baby sit a dog, and it died.

edited February 2012
    aww now he's passed out on my bed and awwwww.

NightDragon on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular

Did this lead to a hilaaaaaarious race against time for her to find a new, practically identical dog during a time when almost all pet shops and shelters were closed? You know, the kind of thing where shenanigans abound?

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Spectre-x wrote: »

Did this lead to a hilaaaaaarious race against time for her to find a new, practically identical dog during a time when almost all pet shops and shelters were closed? You know, the kind of thing where shenanigans abound?

Obviously not. That would be ridiculous.

Clearly it lead to events that inspired 'Weekend at Bernie's 3: A Dog's Life'.

No, but they asked her to cremate it while they were away, as per Japanese tradition. Until the owners arrived, she drove around with a box full of dog ashes in her trunk.

Is...is this the part where I laugh, or the part where I feel bad

I can't decide

It is pretty funny....

I think.

• DakataDakata Registered User regular
    Is he a tri colored or sable Night Dragon?

"Life is a storm my young friend, you will bask in the sunlight one moment be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes."
  • lizard eats flieslizard eats flies Registered User regular
    Nappuccino wrote:

tumblr_lzclwvvEi01qzigel.gif

Female opinion here: I dont really know the whole story but: sloppy makeouts on old history books are great! I say go for it!

But yeah, my current girlfriend asked me out WAY sooner than I was ready for something serious after my divorce, but its working out great. She just made sure to make it known that she understands that it was soon and there might still be some weird issues. So 'just out of a relationship' can work out fine as long as there is understanding on your part.

sable!

• DakataDakata Registered User regular
    picturesfromthecamera12.th.jpg

Still have a few pics on my laptop of my dogs pups. They were so damn cute. I liked the tri-colored one. He was super chill.

"Life is a storm my young friend, you will bask in the sunlight one moment be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes."
  • m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I ordered my copy of Panel to Panel the 29th of December... it still hasn't arrived yet. I know shipping to Europe sometimes takes a while but jeez, this is a stretch.

m3nace on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Nappuccino wrote:
    Yeah... I don't plan on rushing through things with her. Even if she had been single for longer I don't think I'm the rushing kinda guy.

Thanks for you input though! That does make me feel a bit better about asking in the first place.

Dude, just invite her to your pajama party this weekend. Welcome her into your flat wearing nothing but a vibrating cock ring and your fluffy bunny slippers. She'll figure out what she's supposed to do.

edited February 2012
    Point and laugh?

Also I asked her about hanging out... now to play the waiting game

Lizard: Thanks for the advice, it's good to hear some extra opinions from people who've gone through this :) I definitely won't be pressuring her and if she says "no" I'll be super understanding since, well, I know some people really like to have that time with no one extra in their life.

edit: well, that was a very short waiting game. positive responses for the win!

Nappuccino on

• Woo, did my taxes! Or at least, I did all the parts I know how to do, all the other stuff I don't know if I need to worry about (granted stock and 401(k) stuff with work...stuff that if I were a Responsible Adult I would have paid a lot more attention to, but have gone out of my way to ignore as much as I possibly can. I'm kinda of assuming that since I didn't get any envelopes saying OFFICIAL TAX DOCUMENTS ENCLOSED about either I'm probably mostly in the clear, but I'm going to do some checking around before pulling the trigger here.)

But the point is that I'm reasonably confident that I'm ok spending money on things again, since my unfounded OMG IRS IS GOING TO JACK ME FOR ALL MAH DOLLA DOLLA BILLS paranoia is now mostly dispelled. It's funny, doing income taxes never seems to be the huge burden that it always seems to be built up as.

• TamTam Registered User regular
    it is if you make enough money
    or so I hear

also
    I made a tumblr
    http://lineandfury.tumblr.com/

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    tam post either 1. cats 2. axolotls 3. hot dudes on your tumblr so that I can reblog it thanks

• Tam wrote: »
    it is if you make enough money
    or so I hear

also
    I made a tumblr
    http://lineandfury.tumblr.com/

Pfft, rich people problems.

Also ooh centralized Tam drawing repository. :^:
    My suggestion is:
    upload all yo' shit.

Wait, I guess that's what your deviantArt gallery is for. You need to put these links in your sig so people can actually find them.

edited February 2012
    edit: actually no, I'm gonna just keep dumpin most things in my dA and be more selective and talk more and be more fartsy and self indulgent in the tumblr

also bacon that's a good idea behold for I have enacted it

also kochi: maybe

Tam on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited February 2012
    Hooray!
    (Though you missed a 't' in deviantArt.)

Angel_of_Bacon on
    fix'd

also this One Piece stuff man, it's pretty good
    I can't believe I didn't get into it sooner, considering how much I like weird and wacky stuff

• Fuck. I just went through the Win 7 color calibration thing because I was starting to get really annoyed with the huge color difference between my Cintiq and my monitor. Turns out my brightness and contrast settings on the monitor were set really high.

The good news is, every photo I've taken suddenly looks a hell of a lot better, with less noticeable distracting graininess leaping out, and the displays are close enough now that I shouldn't go "WTF" when I switch from one to the other.

The bad news is, everything I've painted in the last few years suddenly looks really dark and desaturated. And I don't even know if that's how people have been seeing them all this time, or if everyone else's monitor has jacked up color calibration as well, so they were seeing it like how I was seeing it before (I hear tell that a lot of monitors are set with really bright, contrasty settings by default to make them look more vibrant.) :/ If everyone's monitor is like how my monitor was, I'd almost be better off leaving it calibrated poorly so I can know how it'll actually be seen.

I really wish color calibration was out-of-the-box standardized to avoid nasty surprises like this.

• NicNic Registered User regular
    I've been trying to draw all evening, but nothing's coming out right at all. I've been trying to loosen up my sketching, but the more I try that, the worse everything's been looking. I feel like I've undone a lot of progress, and it's frustrating as hell.

• ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Man, this made my day:
    You are waaaay behind on those. There are 10 million million million million million million million million epic rap battles of history on youtube. Your mother took the ugly ones and put them into one video.

Also, fucking terrible idea to go have a night on the town when single + or lonely

ninjai on
  • TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    Nic wrote: »
    I've been trying to draw all evening, but nothing's coming out right at all. I've been trying to loosen up my sketching, but the more I try that, the worse everything's been looking. I feel like I've undone a lot of progress, and it's frustrating as hell.

I get that feeling a lot. In my experience, it doesn't help me to keep hammering at it while I'm discouraged. Not having any confidence in my skill while working just causes me to second guess my muscle memory, making my lines and shading wonky and only making me more discouraged. Step back from it, take frequent breaks, and try to relax.

6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
This discussion has been closed.