As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]nequa don't live here no mo'

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    [Edit] Oh dammit this is a fake post

Fugitive on
  • Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    So I have a question, I have all these ink jars now that I carry around in my man purse. They are made of glass and look like this:
    Ink.jpg
    Does anyone know if they make some kind of carrying case for these?

I am worried about them breaking and making a huge mess. It is keeping me up at night.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think you are going to have to rig something together, You might consider a pencil case designated to just ink bottles, that will put a barrier between them and your other crap.

Personally, Id recommend just getting something like this to keep them in:
    http://www.amazon.com/Lock-Piece-Rectangular-Value-Pack/dp/B001AS5VYQ/ref=pd_bxgy_k_img_c

I hold a ton of art supplies in standard plastic containers. they are designed to hold liquids and they tend to be relatively cheap.

• Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I put 20 hours and about 3 hours into Skyrim and ME1 respectively. And then my 360 decided to stop working. I bought it used from a friend for cheap. When I turn it on I get an error message. I've gone to the website and it tells me I just need to unplug and plug everything back in. It worked once but now it still just gives me an error. So much for beating ME 1 & 2 before 3 comes out ):

melting_doll on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    did you get the red rings?

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    The bottom right corner light turns on red, but I haven't gotten the full ring yet?

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Its an engagemnt red ring of death. Your xbox will propose soon!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    JeckalHydeJeckalHyde Lord Awesome New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Well if its still under warranty then it will take them a month 2 replace really, otherwise im not sure how much it cost to fix one, probably as much as buying a new one hehe

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    thatsa bummer MD

my ps3 did the same thing a year ago, and I still haven't mustered the effort to get it fixed

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Skyrim.

I got a little too crazy about perfecting my build and equipment. Now I'm in my mid forties and I can go toe to toe with entire encampments of giants + their mammoths.

Maybe I should turn the difficulty up to hard.

Or maybe I should just find something else to do.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Now perfectly decorate your many houses.

• Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    The bottom right corner light turns on red, but I haven't gotten the full ring yet?

Google says to check all the cables and turn it off and on again, and then try removing the hard drive and any flash drives if that doesn't work.

6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    Godfather wrote: »
    I dunno, you and I always seem to trade barbs for some reason, so it's gotten to a point where I kinda expect you to crawl out the woodwork to debate with me or something.

Would you like to file a report for harassment?

• Options
    TheExAm wrote: »

Google says to check all the cables and turn it off and on again, and then try removing the hard drive and any flash drives if that doesn't work.

That's pretty much exactly what the microsoft website told me, and it didn't help D:

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    Its an engagemnt red ring of death. Your xbox will propose soon!

Hahaha, that totally makes up for your horrible resolution joke.

• Options
    Dammit. I told myself I wouldn't be nervous about tomorrow. Yet here I am, totally nervous :/

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Dammit. I told myself I wouldn't be nervous about tomorrow. Yet here I am, totally nervous :/

You can't make yourself not think of something by deliberate effort to try to not think of something, you can only redirect your attention to something else that absorbs the whole of your attention, even the part of your attention dedicated to trying to make force yourself to not think about the thing you're trying to not think about.

I suggest taking up defusing bombs on a freelance basis.

• Options
    I'm taking care of a coworker's adorable corgi for the next 10 days, and last night was his first night here.

I've been totally acting like a nervous first-time mother (is that a whine!? Is it 3am? Does he need to pee?!?) and I'm very unused to having noise in my room beyond a fan...so I probably woke up like 20 times.

Even now, he's just walking around the apartment, and I'm afraid that an inedible plant will materialize in the middle of the living room. Or some plastic. Or a floor-level chocolate cake.

Here's some suggestions to keep it occupied and away from killing itself:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/things-that-make-corgis-happy

• Options

You can't make yourself not think of something by deliberate effort to try to not think of something, you can only redirect your attention to something else that absorbs the whole of your attention, even the part of your attention dedicated to trying to make force yourself to not think about the thing you're trying to not think about.

I suggest taking up defusing bombs on a freelance basis.

I was doing just fine until one of the girl's friends messaged me about how exciting it was the girl and I were getting coffee tomorrow. Now I'm like "shit, I guess it is pretty exciting" and... my stomach has butterflies.

Damn you mutual friend. Damn you.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Its not exciting.

• Options
    BORRRRIIIIIIINNNNNGGG.

Wake me up when you and a girl go wingsuit base jumping.

• Options
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Its not exciting.

right?

but now I keep trying to tell myself that but my brain is all "fuckshitgoddamn things"

• Options
    Its not exciting.

right?

but now I keep trying to tell myself that but my brain is all "fuckshitgoddamn things"

Well then tell your stupid brain to CONCENTRATE ON DEFUSING BOMBS IN MIDAIR WHILE WINGSUITING like it ought to be.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Its not exciting.

right?

Well then tell your stupid brain to CONCENTRATE ON DEFUSING BOMBS IN MIDAIR WHILE WINGSUITING like it ought to be.

right now i'm concentrating on drawing your face.

Which... in retrospect, is more creepy than I intended it to sound.

edit: welp, that turned out kinda shitty... It was going great for being the 2nd thing i've drawn in 3 months... until I grabbed an 80% grey instead of a 40 without realizing.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Its not exciting.

It's exciting if coffee is actually a metaphor for jet pack racing league.

Mustang on
  • Options
    Mustang wrote: »
    Its not exciting.

It's exciting if coffee is actually a metaphor for jet pack racing league.

That would be pretty exciting.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    No nerves is a bad thing, you could come off like some suave douche bag. Embrace the neurosis and make it make you a better person.

In any event, I took Iruka's advice and embraced my inner cheap ass and rigged something:
    ink1.jpg
    Just a makeshift cardboard divider taped together in an old makeup case from my wife, gets the job done:
    ink2.jpg

but really, I can't believe someone doesn't make something for these things!

brokecracker on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Well... I've had anxiety problems since I was a kid. So, when I mean nervous I mean like super IBS nervous. At least, IBS nervous is on the table.

and that is a pretty sweet looking pouch. did you use a lunch box?

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Naw, it is a make up case from my wife. Much smaller than a lunch box, but I do love a good lunch box.

um, our old speach teacher used to have us do nerve releaseing exerices. I know it sounds dumb, but some of them work. If you can find a room where no one can hear you or you won't bother anyone, stand in the middle, spread your arms out wide and lean your head back and scream. Like, for real scream for a full breath. That always worked for me.

I know it sounds dumb, but this is coming from a dude who was once an 8 year old kid with ulcers and a grey patch of hair. And look at me now! (shivers in the corner of a cold room with one raw lightbulb with a laptop in his lap)

brokecracker on
  • Options
    When ever I went out someone I liked, I always ended in the bathroom throwing up in the middle of the date. I got pretty good at timing it, so I had plenty of time to excuse myself and casually walk over to the rest room while my dates remained ignorant of the fact that I was hurling like crazy in the stall.

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    You weak-stomached pansies are making the macho artists like me look bad.

• Options
    Excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom.

• Options
    Sorry I couldn't hear you over the crunching of the handful of tums in my mouth...

• Options
    *HUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRGH!!!*

• Options
    Wow, well, at least I know I am in good company :)

I usually just do the deep breathing exercise and that works for me.

The issue is that, in the moment, I forget to do it... But really, its all about the build up. Once it starts and gets rolling I'll be fine. But, the next 3 hours is not going to be fun...

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Firman on 9gag would imagine that'll generate some traffic. Gogo Firman!

MT: closet belemic (sp?).

Prospicience on
  • Options
    Firman on 9gag would imagine that'll generate some traffic. Gogo Firman!

I would never kick a pokeball. I'm too afraid of being sucked inside it.

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    When I was in the dating scene I just went to a bar where drunk chicks were hanging out. Makes things a whole lot easier.

• Options

Sp is the abbreviation I use to label my files as Spanish. English is Eng.
    Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

• Options
    I would just wait until I said something witty or charming and abruptly end the date on a high note and then never call the girl again out of fear that she would eventually figure out that I was a neither charming nor witty.

This discussion has been closed.