Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

haters only

16970727475100

Posts

  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    The hate is swelling in you now. Give in to your anger. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.

  • B_RB_R Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I hate stutent Burschenschaften.

    These things are basically corrupt right wing organisations.

    B_R on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    B_R wrote:
    I hate stutent Burschenschaften.

    These things are basically corrupt organisations.

    jkZziGc.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Gotta say, "shut up what do you know?", is highly presumptuous and rarely excusable. It relies on privilege as much as any other thing.

    VayBJ4e.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Gotta say, "shut up what do you know?", is highly presumptuous and rarely excusable. It relies on privilege as much as any other thing.

    Oh shut up
    What do you know anyway

    QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | 3DS Friend Code: 4399-2068-5090 | Switch Friend Code: SW-7440-9863-2027
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I hate people.

    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    ya'll ain't know nuttin'

  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    oh, i know nuttin'

    very intimately

    zkHcp.jpg
  • godmodegodmode Nooo-ooo-ooo... That ain't dancin', SallyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, this is the last place you accuse anyone of not knowing about that.

  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    I regret no posts

  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    if my roommate hadn't come back tonight i'd be nuttin' right now

    zkHcp.jpg
  • godmodegodmode Nooo-ooo-ooo... That ain't dancin', SallyRegistered User regular
    If I weren't at work, I'd be nuttin' right now too.

  • godmodegodmode Nooo-ooo-ooo... That ain't dancin', SallyRegistered User regular
    Cause, you know, celebrating Martin Luther King Jr.'s life.

  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I am nuttin' right now

    The Lovely Bastard on
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote:
    Blake T wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:
    Blake T wrote:
    You could try not missing the point.

    Everyone knows the more you say something, the more important it is!

    There were people conversing about it and you're both free to join in on the conversation rather than whine about an info dump.

    Or, perhaps you've been reading this website: http://derailingfordummies.com/

    The people who were, which there were very few, are already aware of privilege. I mean shit, if you want to participate in a circle jerk and celebrate how you and all of your friends are fine people who know all about privilege go ahead. You can then be aware that you're better than other people too.

    But if you actually want to help change people's perception on things, you might not want to tell someone to suck a bag of geese when they offer some critiscm.

    Why is it so difficult to read a helpful primer written in a very non confrontational way, though? It's easier to carry out a conversation once you've read that because of all the concrete examples it offers. What would you say to promote discussion? What are your criticisms?

    There is nothing wrong with the article. It's a good article. It's written for someone who wants to have the beliefs challenged (or confirmed). My point is that if you want to change someone, who isn't yet interested in changing their views, dropping a few pages worth of text isn't going to work. And as knob said, if you keep doing it, they'd find it annoying so why would they be open to an idea that is being obnoxious.

    Like i said something bite sized, like a paragraph from people talking or something is easily accessible. They can look at it, pick up an idea and move on. They might not relate to it, but you are getting them to at least consider a new idea.

  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    power to the people

  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    if i wasn't a puss i might call up this girl and be like

    "hey, let's nut"

    zkHcp.jpg
  • godmodegodmode Nooo-ooo-ooo... That ain't dancin', SallyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I am nuttin' right now

    sendkeithamessage.jpg
    Kadith wrote:
    if i wasn't a puss i might call up this girl and be like

    "hey, let's nut"

    sendkeithatextmessage.jpg

    godmode on
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    I'd be careful about sending this keith person messages

    the line between ironically having cyber sex and actually having cyber sex is so much thinner than you think

  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote:
    I'd be careful about sending this keith person messages

    the line between ironically having cyber sex and actually having cyber sex is so much thinner than you think

    I have never ironically had cyber sex

    CRVUyQp.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Or ironic regular sex

    CRVUyQp.png
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote:
    Or sex

  • godmodegodmode Nooo-ooo-ooo... That ain't dancin', SallyRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote:
    Or sex

    Oh snap.

  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    Gotta say, "shut up what do you know?", is highly presumptuous and rarely excusable. It relies on privilege as much as any other thing.

    Oh shut up
    What do you know anyway

    Thumbwrestlin'

    VayBJ4e.png
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:
    Blake T wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:
    Blake T wrote:
    You could try not missing the point.

    Everyone knows the more you say something, the more important it is!

    There were people conversing about it and you're both free to join in on the conversation rather than whine about an info dump.

    Or, perhaps you've been reading this website: http://derailingfordummies.com/

    The people who were, which there were very few, are already aware of privilege. I mean shit, if you want to participate in a circle jerk and celebrate how you and all of your friends are fine people who know all about privilege go ahead. You can then be aware that you're better than other people too.

    But if you actually want to help change people's perception on things, you might not want to tell someone to suck a bag of geese when they offer some critiscm.

    Why is it so difficult to read a helpful primer written in a very non confrontational way, though? It's easier to carry out a conversation once you've read that because of all the concrete examples it offers. What would you say to promote discussion? What are your criticisms?

    There is nothing wrong with the article. It's a good article. It's written for someone who wants to have the beliefs challenged (or confirmed). My point is that if you want to change someone, who isn't yet interested in changing their views, dropping a few pages worth of text isn't going to work. And as knob said, if you keep doing it, they'd find it annoying so why would they be open to an idea that is being obnoxious.

    Like i said something bite sized, like a paragraph from people talking or something is easily accessible. They can look at it, pick up an idea and move on. They might not relate to it, but you are getting them to at least consider a new idea.

    You're doing the tone argument derail. Nice!

    For reference: Tone Argument As Logical Fallacy
    Generally speaking, the person who is saying, “I would agree with you/support you/support your cause if you were nicer about it” has no intention of ever agreeing or supporting in any way. Admittedly, getting into motive is tricky, and I hate to say, “you know it when you see it,” but this is obviously going to be subject to interpretation. However, this argument often comes down not to, “I agree with you, but I think you could have phrased it better,” but, “I would agree with you if you phrased it better.” The fallacy is not objecting to wording but putting a price on agreement or support.

    http://queerdictionary.tumblr.com/post/3970478063/tone-argument

    jkZziGc.png
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Um

    I'd read that paragraph you just quoted more closely. Specifically this part:
    However, this argument...comes down not to, “I agree with you, but I think you could have phrased it better,” but, “I would agree with you if you phrased it better.” The fallacy is not objecting to wording but putting a price on agreement or support.

    wandering on
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Hey Pharezon I guess I'm doing the tone argument derail because right now you a goose

  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Thanks wandering.

  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Nsfw language ( probably obvious from the title) ( edit: or not since I fail at embedding)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulIOrQasR18

    WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    What did I miss?

    Did anyone hate me?

    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    homer cries in every fucking episode of the simpsons now, they use it for comedic effect constantly,

  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote:
    Blake T wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:
    Blake T wrote:
    You could try not missing the point.

    Everyone knows the more you say something, the more important it is!

    There were people conversing about it and you're both free to join in on the conversation rather than whine about an info dump.

    Or, perhaps you've been reading this website: http://derailingfordummies.com/

    The people who were, which there were very few, are already aware of privilege. I mean shit, if you want to participate in a circle jerk and celebrate how you and all of your friends are fine people who know all about privilege go ahead. You can then be aware that you're better than other people too.

    But if you actually want to help change people's perception on things, you might not want to tell someone to suck a bag of geese when they offer some critiscm.

    Why is it so difficult to read a helpful primer written in a very non confrontational way, though? It's easier to carry out a conversation once you've read that because of all the concrete examples it offers. What would you say to promote discussion? What are your criticisms?

    Dude, can't you see how the wording of that article is very condescending? "Congratulations, you have privilege!" It basically drips with mockery of those who aren't educated on the subject (most people) and therefore is pretty shit when it comes to actually making people want to read it and digest it and so on. If the purpose of that primer is to explain and persuade people that they have privilege, then it sucks hard. This is already a subject that many people are uncomfortable with because nobody likes being told that they are some sort of privileged oppressor. Sneering it at them doesn't help one bit.

  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote:
    What did I miss?

    Did anyone hate me?

    I hate you.
    Because you never hang out with me.

  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    Pharezon sorry but you've made too many questionable posts in a row. Nothing you can do now but create a new account, move to a new house so you have a new IP address, and start fresh

  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I hate double posts

    wandering on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:
    Blake T wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:
    Blake T wrote:
    You could try not missing the point.

    Everyone knows the more you say something, the more important it is!

    There were people conversing about it and you're both free to join in on the conversation rather than whine about an info dump.

    Or, perhaps you've been reading this website: http://derailingfordummies.com/

    The people who were, which there were very few, are already aware of privilege. I mean shit, if you want to participate in a circle jerk and celebrate how you and all of your friends are fine people who know all about privilege go ahead. You can then be aware that you're better than other people too.

    But if you actually want to help change people's perception on things, you might not want to tell someone to suck a bag of geese when they offer some critiscm.

    Why is it so difficult to read a helpful primer written in a very non confrontational way, though? It's easier to carry out a conversation once you've read that because of all the concrete examples it offers. What would you say to promote discussion? What are your criticisms?

    Dude, can't you see how the wording of that article is very condescending? "Congratulations, you have privilege!" It basically drips with mockery of those who aren't educated on the subject (most people) and therefore is pretty shit when it comes to actually making people want to read it and digest it and so on. If the purpose of that primer is to explain and persuade people that they have privilege, then it sucks hard. This is already a subject that many people are uncomfortable with because nobody likes being told that they are some sort of privileged oppressor. Sneering it at them doesn't help one bit.

    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/21832502#Comment_21832502

    jkZziGc.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I hate how I read the whole thread to not double post a video, then it got posted barely 1 page behind me as I was posting it! ( but I screwed up my embed anyway)

    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    you screwed up tobes, now get the hell out of here

  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Embed Racists! or Something!

    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
This discussion has been closed.