As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

haters only

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Terribly awesome ideas

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Maybe Square ENix should stop putting out MMOs.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Deicist wrote:

I fucking hate cunts like this who make me embarrassed to be a Christian.

Oh and I agree with her. Its a state funded public school, not a Christian school. The banner shouldn't have been up.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    atm hating katakana
    and having to learn it all in one night

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    a... all of it?!

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    ALL OF THE KATAKANAS

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    21mUh.png

HOW?!?!

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    According to wikipedia there are only 51, plus functionals and diacritics.

Still sucks! A ton!

대신 한글을 배우라!

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    おまえわもマナンデイル!

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Man, online translators are a disaster.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
    Karl wrote:
    Deicist wrote:

Oh and I agree with her. Its a state funded public school, not a Christian school. The banner shouldn't have been up.

So, hey, I have a question about christianity (feel free to ignore it if you think I'm trolling or whatevs): Do you, personally, feel that your morality stems from your christianity or do you feel that it stems from your personal values and is independent of your religious beliefs? Or to put it another way, would you be as decent a person if you weren't a Christian?

• Options
    edited January 2012
    well i wrote the manandeiru in katakana because it seemed appropriate to the subject, and for emphasis

but it should be in hiragana so the translator won't get it

also i'm pretty sure i conjugated it wrong but it's ok at 2:30 am and haven't technically learned it yet

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I pop the bing translate button a lot on facebook because it's hilarious?

For instance, today my friend's ex-boyfriend posted this:

"Live in the Arctic for's name?

The correct answer) cold-application-name of the live @ Africa for?

The correct answer), the name of the always positive for hotter @ Dragon?

The correct answer) Yes/OK in yesterday ' far East broadcasting ' fo"

Bing that is not what he said

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Here is another one, from a Japanese friend, so I actually have no idea what she was trying to say:
    Mathematics.
    Understood not:--I.

Once the math exam, is a perfect death. But as I said earlier, Mammy's kids my mail man of robust health it! No problem!
    But as told and bad exam tomorrow, not believing. Maybe not!

The common sense test, no!
    Not believe in そぅ, however.

But not つきすすむ. Is this ポジティブシン King I would somehow have

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    when i try that option it usually just tells me no translation available

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    @Keith you're right, JGL's boyfriend in this movie is totally hot.

NO I DIDNT SAY THAT

• Options
    Really? I've never had that happen, even with Chinese. Although uhh, I just gave my Thai friend's posts a shot and they were totally gibberish in alphabet form, so it'd probably have been better if it said no translation.

Why are you learning katakana all in one night, anyway?

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    well we were supposed to learn it over the three day weekend but i procrastinated
    but considering we never went over it in class, it seems like a really shitty assignment to give out on the first week in japanese 101

but all the motherfuckers in my class took japanese for 3 years in highschool and just wanted an easy class instead of taking the placement exam, so now the teacher doesn't want to spend too much time on stuff most of the people know

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    lostwords wrote:
    God I would hire you in a heartbeat

But I don't wanna make Keith jelly

you are a true friend

• Options
    Bleh. I repeat, sucks man.

I burned through my paper in an hour and a half so now I just have to write six sentences and type up some vocabulary lists.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    it's not so bad, since i actually have to pay attention and learn stuff at home in order to keep up

also it makes me really glad i shelled out for the books, since i don't for most of my classes

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Deicist wrote:
    Karl wrote:
    Deicist wrote:

So, hey, I have a question about christianity (feel free to ignore it if you think I'm trolling or whatevs): Do you, personally, feel that your morality stems from your christianity or do you feel that it stems from your personal values and is independent of your religious beliefs? Or to put it another way, would you be as decent a person if you weren't a Christian?

My morality does stem from my faith. However I (and this will put me at odds with loads of other Christians) think that not being religious is not a barrier to being a good person. Not believing in Jesus does not automatically make you a terrible person and if a Christian ever tells you otherwise I would recommend you tell them to fuck off. There's a whole story about throwing stones which sums it up nicely.

• Options
    Tonkka wrote:
    lostwords wrote:
    God I would hire you in a heartbeat

But I don't wanna make Keith jelly

It's just a job.

He'll understand.

just a job?

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I hate this:

IMG_20120118_000606-1.jpg

My brother bought it for me so I drank it. I took a sip and it tasted like I had boiled some potatoes, then drained off the water and added sugar to it.
    So then I poured it out into a glass and drank the rest really quickly and almost threw up all over my kitchen.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    why on earth would you continue to drink it if it tasted so awful

was it a bet

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I'm pretty dumb when I'm mucking around with my brother.
    And I hate wasting things, even gross things.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    that is

interesting

• Options
    edited January 2012
    aw yiss i am done

time to sleep

also good to note i still remember hiragana so wooo

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    well we were supposed to learn it over the three day weekend but i procrastinated
    but considering we never went over it in class, it seems like a really shitty assignment to give out on the first week in japanese 101

but all the motherfuckers in my class took japanese for 3 years in highschool and just wanted an easy class instead of taking the placement exam, so now the teacher doesn't want to spend too much time on stuff most of the people know

If it's an immersion class this is pretty SOP, my jpn101 immersion class had us down as learning, understanding, and applying hiragana and katakana in the first week of class, second week of class was straight into vocabulary and conversational japanese and starting on a few kanji per week. After the first day we were only allowed to speak english on tues/thurs (5 day a week class) and only to ask questions about japanese grammar. In case you are wondering I crashed and burned in that class. Godspeed to you.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    it's the lowest possible japanese course
    it didn't say immersion anywhere in the description but i dunno maybe

also it's funny because i already know some vocabulary and conversational stuff because animeaaaaaaaa

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I hate that I missed most of this thread

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I hate that I miss you

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    I hate how to quit you

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I hate people who dont think the society in brave new world sounded pretty alright

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote:
    I hate people who dont think the society in brave new world sounded pretty alright

what

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    yeah

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    the fuck?

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    I just wiki'd Brave New World.

I err......that sounds horrible.