As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] Pre-PAX East 2012 Gaming Night - Thursday, April 5, 2012 - Westin Waterfront Hotel

1234568»

• AmycusAmycus Registered User regular
    Hello again all,

Tonight I'll be present with 3 others. We're likely going to have Settlers of Catan (possibly w/5-6 player expansion)...along with our crown jewel....Drunken Settlers of Catan. We will have the full ruleset with us, but here's the general idea of the game: it's a safe and innocent game and very controlled (this game does not promote binge drinking)

1.) Roll 7, move thief, adjacent settlements have to take 1 drink each, if moved to desert, everyone drinks. If you discard for over 8 cards, take 1 drink.

2.) Roll doubles, roller takes 2 drinks

3.) for every 3 resources you gain in one turn, take a drink.

4.) Building a settlement: take a drink
    Build a city: take 2 drinks
    Buy a dev card, take 1 drink

5.) Acquire the largest army or longest road card: finish your current drink (and yes, this applies every time you pass the card to a new owner)

6.) Play a dev card: take a drink

7.) At end of game, take one drink for every victory point under 10.

8.) We play with the blank dev card, which can be played to compell another player to finish their drink.

This was a fun variation the 4 of us came up with. I hope some people will join us or other settlers players will adopt this set. It's tons of fun. For the 'lightweights', stick to something like Coors or Miller Light. On average, you'll go through 1-2 drinks per game, maybe 3

• PixelPrime1PixelPrime1 Registered User new member
    Hey guys - I've travelled to Boston on my own for my first PAX and I thought this event as the Waterfront sounded pretty good. Am I welcome to tag along here? Plus, do they have a bar in the mezzanine as well? Just trying to think ahead etc :)

I'd love to meet some new people on my trip up here, PAX is going to be amazing!

• nataliepinataliepi Rogue Astronomer PARegistered User regular
    I just checked into the hotel. I plan on coming in after dinner if there's room for latecomers!

PAX East 2013 Checklist: 3-Day PAX Badge [x] Hotel [x] Travel [x] Time Off [x]
    t: @nataliepi | fb: fb.com/hernandeznlh
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Welp, I'm going on the pub crawl, but if I'm not totally wrecked afterwards, I'll swing by.

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    I saw a bunch of you up there already as I was heading out to dinner! Me and a few friends will be there in an hour or so! :-)

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    Epic cards against humanity happening right now.

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    Me and robziel should be over in a little bit. Unwinding a bit after dinner.

• sealegssealegs Registered User new member
    So the friends I came with are all exhausted after the bus ride, and I'm stuck in our hotel bored as all get out. How late are things going tonight?

• ian.samuelian.samuel Washington, DCRegistered User regular
    sealegs wrote: »
    So the friends I came with are all exhausted after the bus ride, and I'm stuck in our hotel bored as all get out. How late are things going tonight?

I'm prepared to go as late as necessary

Also is there a convenience store around here? I need to buy some red bull

• TeknoMonkeyTeknoMonkey Registered User regular
    ian.samuel wrote: »
    sealegs wrote: »

I'm prepared to go as late as necessary

Also is there a convenience store around here? I need to buy some red bull

There's a 7-11 behind the seaport. just hit the world trade center boston and it's right next to the Dunkin Doughnuts.

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Well, had to call it a night. 8 hours in a car does not lend me to a night of playing games on the floor for more than a few hours anymore. Curse my desire for food stopping me from getting a table to play on. :-(

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • ian.samuelian.samuel Washington, DCRegistered User regular
    Mezzanine seems to be wrapping up. Anything else going on tonight?

edited April 2012
    So was this just a one-night thing only, or are folks going to to to recreate late-night boardgaming up there again?

I couldn't make it last night due to the Pokecrawl, and I don't think I'm brave enough to go out heavy drinking again tonight (though the League of Legends barcrawl is suicidally tempting), so some low-key boardgames with excellent nerds would go over rather well.

EDIT: In answer to my own question, this is happening right now, and is epic in scope and quality!

Imperfect on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, this will be happening every night likely through and including Sunday

I will probably be showing up tonight (Sunday) with my gang as well, though we can't stay long - we ship out at 7am in the morning with 10+ hours of driving in front of us.

• spacemanseanspacemansean Registered User regular
    i'll be there tonight, i need to stave off this post pax depression i'm feelin'.
    anyone dig puzzle strike? i bought a copy and am excited to play it.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Am having a few drinks and a bite to eat in City Bar in the Westin, will be looking to see if any board/card gaming is happing soon.