As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]-Up Comedy

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    shitty night number two was helped immensely by the fact that i have the best boyfriend in the world

I missed "night" and just thought "well that was not a very imaginative description"

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    also I can't find the harkonnen disc

dammit, those were the ones I wanted to play

oh well

Ordos, or Atreides?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    The Golden Globes this year were not only fucking awful, but I also learnt that it seems as though everyone loves George Clooney. It was as if he was running it, schmoozing (spel?) tables, patting the winners and cracking little in-jokes.

Ricky Gervais was shit this year, just sold himself and "toned it down"? Fuck off; more like just got paid and was shit and unfunny.

• Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    shitty night number two was helped immensely by the fact that i have the best boyfriend in the world

I missed "night" and just thought "well that was not a very imaginative description"

Choco or Pony? I don't know what supposedly happened but I have made up what I now think supposedly happened.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Johannen wrote:
    The Golden Globes this year were not only fucking awful, but I also learnt that it seems as though everyone loves George Clooney. It was as if he was running it, schmoozing (spel?) tables, patting the winners and cracking little in-jokes.

Ricky Gervais was shit this year, just sold himself and "toned it down"? Fuck off; more like just got paid and was shit and unfunny.
    yuck I didn't even watch them, and I'm glad

I saw the Descendents won and said yuck some more

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote:
    Johannen wrote:

yuck I didn't even watch them, and I'm glad

I saw the Descendents won and said yuck some more

oh did it suck

it looked ok in the trailers

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Johannen wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:

Choco or Pony? I don't know what supposedly happened but I have made up what I now think supposedly happened.

shitty night number two - night = shitty number two

(see, it's a poop joke)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Johannen wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:

shitty night number two - night = shitty number two

(see, it's a poop joke)

Alright, butters. Let me break out the poo-swatches.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    hello

• Options
    edited January 2012
    simon what is up

I am watching the Australian Open right now

So It Goes on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    cass did u sit on his lap and try to eat his nose

i maintain this was proper protocol

sig.gif
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote:
    simon what is up

Oh, neat! I think I am going to one of the Finals nights, despite last year being a total disappointment - I was there the night that Hewitt and Baghdatis were having their latest epic encounter, and the Cypriot son of bitch quit after one set.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Oh no, it is starting to get to the point where my friends don't want to play me at A Few Acres of Snow because our skill difference is growing too large. It's my game so, consequently I've played it every time it has been played so I'm up to like 10-12 plays by now and most of my friends are around 3 or so.

:(

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I finally managed to get some time in the coffee shop. I haven't been able to get to the coffee shop in like two weeks. I need my coffee shop time dammit.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I seem to have committed the terrible taboo of saying I do not care for a particular show.

• Options
    Quid wrote:
    I seem to have committed the terrible taboo of saying I do not care for a particular show.

What show?

• Options
    simonwolf wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Oh no, it is starting to get to the point where my friends don't want to play me at A Few Acres of Snow because our skill difference is growing too large. It's my game so, consequently I've played it every time it has been played so I'm up to like 10-12 plays by now and most of my friends are around 3 or so.

I have never won a game of Tanto Cuore when anybody else has any experience with the game

my greatest curse

It is generally the curse of the one who owns the game to never win at it, or have no one want to play it against them.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Quid wrote:

What show?

Mad Men. I am generally not gravitated towards the pretty white people with problems genre.

• Options
    Posts time traveling like whoah.

Quid: Never seen in. All I know is that it features a large breasted woman.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    simonwolf wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

I have never won a game of Tanto Cuore when anybody else has any experience with the game

my greatest curse

It is generally the curse of the one who owns the game to never win at it, or have no one want to play it against them.

I think this is happening with Dominion.

I am destroying everyone at it.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:

my greatest curse

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

<non-demeaning consolation>

I am considering offering to watch and coach my friends playing, such is my want to continue playing this game.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Posts time traveling like whoah.

Quid: Never seen in. All I know is that it features a large breasted woman.

Oh man the breasts are fantastic.

I just can't justify the ratio of not breast to breast time the show offers.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:

• Options
    simonwolf wrote:
    So It Goes wrote:
    simon what is up

Oh, neat! I think I am going to one of the Finals nights, despite last year being a total disappointment - I was there the night that Hewitt and Baghdatis were having their latest epic encounter, and the Cypriot son of bitch quit after one set.

nice

andy murray is having a tough time with american kid who i don't recognize

not sure if this is live tho

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

I am considering offering to watch and coach my friends playing, such is my want to continue playing this game.

While secretly learning their weakness so you can crush them even further!

• Options
    Well yeah of course, Sarksus.

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

my greatest curse

You bought that? Man.

Please tell me you draw the line at Barbarossa from them too.

秋葉系!

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    you know that technology that lets you zoom in on the tennis ball to see if it was in or out is pretty neat when you think about it

• Options
    So It Goes wrote:
    nice

It's currently 3:45pm here, so maybe that will provide enough context

• Options
    Oh gods Barbarossa.

• Options
    So It Goes wrote:
    you know that technology that lets you zoom in on the tennis ball to see if it was in or out is pretty neat when you think about it

Cameras are pretty neat.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Quid wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Quid wrote:

What show?

Mad Men. I am generally not gravitated towards the pretty white people with problems genre.

Mad Mans is one of those weird shows that has an incredible opening sequence and but the actual content is bland as soup.

The only thing that amused me is the fact that there's a crazy old guy who is all into Atlas Shrugged.

If it weren't for the fact that it was set in the past then it's pretty much without content - relationship drama, relationship drama, infidelity, blergh.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    This is not creepy at all, USA Today.

http://www.usatoday.com/video/1311129793001

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote:
    So It Goes wrote:
    nice

It's currently 3:45pm here, so maybe that will provide enough context

it is sunny on my TV

so maybe

jeez murray finally broke him

he's gonna have to go four sets and tire himself out for all the other rounds, sheesh

• Options
    Inquisitor, it has reached the point where the first thing I do when I wake up, every morning, is check my email. Usually from bed, because there's that tiny chance that maybe an email has come from JET or that Masters program. And everytime it isn't there, and everytime I go through the various stages of coming to terms with my own death.

• Options
    simonwolf wrote:
    Inquisitor, it has reached the point where the first thing I do when I wake up, every morning, is check my email. Usually from bed, because there's that tiny chance that maybe an email has come from JET or that Masters program. And everytime it isn't there, and everytime I go through the various stages of coming to terms with my own death.

Whooooooah buddy.

Whoah.

That shit is way too heavy for first thing in the morning.

• Options
    poshniallo wrote:
    You bought that? Man.

Please tell me you draw the line at Barbarossa from them too.

秋葉系!

I bought it! It is an enjoyable game, and as you have probably seen from my research statements, I do not have any great hatred of anime-like design styles. Barbarossa is baffling and I wouldn't buy it, of course, but I really do not understand Tanto Cuore being put on the same level of creepiness. I can not think of one card that is "questionable" beyond the norm; everything else is tame compared to the standard of lady-exposure you see in the media.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I'm annoyed by The Artist winning.

I don't really mind The Descendents winning.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    simonwolf wrote:

Whooooooah buddy.

Whoah.

That shit is way too heavy for first thing in the morning.

I am become death, the destroyer of future work/study placements

This discussion has been closed.