As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HAPPY STRAYA DAY! [AusPAX 2013]

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I don't know, I don't trust his policy on Energon tax.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    It's Better than megatron's enslave the humans policy.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Pikachu, I choose YOU

broken image link
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    It's an election fuzzbutt. Not a popularity contest.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Transforming the nation, Rolling out progress.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Pikachu's electric though, that's close enough letter-wise.

• Options
    The last few posts made me imagine Pikachu in a question time debate

which made me think of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHG-JO8gIGk

• Options
    Egoraptor is amazing.

And didn't he get voted off of that Tester show recently?

• Options
  • Options
    Not I, I just found it amusing that that show still exists/existed in the first place.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    #pipe wrote: »

• Options
    hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    Canberra-folk! I've got a ceremony to attend tomorrow, and am in need of a quick-buy and reasonably priced suit. Where to go?

Also how have you all been, classy lads and ladies?

• Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    man to man is usually pretty good for cheap suits, can generally find something for under $200 (sometimes even under $100) and they're good enough suits

• Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    hadoken wrote: »
    Canberra-folk! I've got a ceremony to attend tomorrow, and am in need of a quick-buy and reasonably priced suit. Where to go?

Does Canberra have a DFO? In Brisbane we have a couple way out in the boonies where stuff is always pretty nice and cheap.

And Canberra either has none or is entirely composed boonies depending on your perspective, so I am not sure what to assume.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular

I dunno which part of the city you're in or how you're getting around, but how cheap are we talking here? a few hundred or less?

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    No DFO can fuck off, it's all factory seconds and it's not til after you've bought something there's a stitch out of place or some other barely noticeable but still annoying fault reveals itself.

Hadoken Peter Bartholemew in the city is really good, and I don't think it's super up market. Get yourself one good suit and it'll last you ages (getting fat pending).

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    Why not just hire a suit?

Cheap suits look terrible.

• Options
    Why not travel back in time so you have enough time to fully tailor a suit?

• Options
    Why not rearrange the universe so that you always had a suit?

I mean, jeez.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Fuuuck. I have a hundred bucks in the budget, maybe 130. Maybe Target sells stuff that can pass off as a suit... Apparently I don't need a tux or anything, maybe just pants and a nice shirt?

Oh, and I'm walking distance from the city centre, Civic, I think its called.

hadoken on
  • Options
    Kincaid wrote: »

Do you know how much suit hire is these days? I was quoted $80 for a vest

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Fly to China and then get a suit.

From the sound of it, it may cheaper.

• Options
    Kincaid wrote: »

Do you know how much suit hire is these days? I was quoted $80 for a vest

I would assume significantly cheaper than buying something remotely wearable. With a budget of $100 he's a little screwed either way.

Formal pants and a nice shirt is doable, though.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Fuuuck. I have a hundred bucks in the budget, maybe 130. Maybe Target sells stuff that can pass off as a suit... Apparently I don't need a tux or anything, maybe just pants and a nice shirt?

Oh well you can pick up a suit for $99 at man to man, but they look cheap and you can tell when compared to a decent wool blend suit

What's the function? Yeah I'd say just go shirt & pants, really it's pretty damn rare that a social occasion would actually call for a full suit.

• Options
    Chinese suits are OK.

I have some.

It's kinda pot luck though.

• Options
    Sigh, I'm a student, not a richie-rich :(. Stupid uni.

Fuck it, wear ugg boots.

• Options

Well then.

I recommend a job.

• Options
    Also it's super cute you called Canberra a city.

• Options
    Hey Blake can you go get me a litre of milk

Oh wait all the shops already shut at 6pm, well I guess you'd better get to bed soon

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    marty, I appreciated that one

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Good news everyone!

I got my toolbox with paint back from school!

• Options
    Congratulations!

Why'd they have it?

• Options
    But.

They aren't marto

• Options
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Hey Blake can you go get me a litre of milk

Oh wait all the shops already shut at 6pm, well I guess you'd better get to bed soon

:^:

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Hey marty that would work on any day other than today

because today is thursday

AKA late night shopping

• Options
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Good news everyone!

I got my toolbox with paint back from school!

!!!

That's great.

• Options
    So all told, Gats, what did you lose?

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular

How much spare time have you got? Are you fairly busy while you're here?

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Congratulations!

Why'd they have it?

They were clearing out lockers and due to bad timing, and no notification, they cleared mine out and didn't get back to me for a couple of weeks about the status of my toolkit which was inside during the clean out.
    So all told, Gats, what did you lose?

In the end? Not much. The box of paint was the most valuable item, in terms of money. I did lose a really cool clay skull I made from scratch, and a ceramic tower, plus a couple of things I bought at a very cheap book sale.

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    I always vote for the sex party.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
This discussion has been closed.