As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Ziggs Is Out! "Explosions first, questions later."

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    i spent my christmas rp on jarvan :(

I'm so sorry.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    I spent mine on LeBlanc and Mistletoe LeBlanc. Which I have played once since.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Apparently, it's possible to have too much communication during draft pick.

• Options
    MrGrimoire wrote:

Yeah, your mom said that to me last night.

(an example of the kinds of things you don't need to be talking about in draft pick)

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    so this was my day:

play sr, have trouble over roles and lanes, lose
    play dominion, have no trouble over roles and lanes(because there are virtually none), win

Jars on
  • Options
    Arivia wrote:
    MrGrimoire wrote:

Yeah, your mom said that to me last night.

(an example of the kinds of things you don't need to be talking about in draft pick)

INono, it was all to the point. Except now no one has any idea what lane they're going to.

• Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    Jars wrote:
    so this was my day:

play dominion, have no trouble over roles and lanes(because there are virtually none), win

dominion as described by this thread has never interested me too much. if I'm not frothing at the mouth over people laning poorly, making poor champ picks from the start in regards to desired lanes and things aren't a total clusterfuck, in what way is that the league experience?

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Dominion is where I go to destroy nerds with Poppy. Makes a shitty day a lot better.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote:
    Dark_Side wrote:
    his ult is only good if your ranged AD carry gets fed.
    Nope.

It's a 45-75% improvement to basic damage output. So when you've got a carry like Graves, Cait or Trist, built primarily for AD, they don't even need to "get fed". Even if they go equal with their opponent, at 25+ minutes, they've got a 50%+ damage boost for 10-20 secs that the opposing team simply doesn't get. And as you tend towards lategame, not only is Yorick tankier, but the effect of the AD carry on the game is even more heavily amplified.

Eh....at my elo, I just haven't seen it do anything unless the AD carry is already wrecking faces, and he can pop it on them before they or he gets melted. Not to say the 75% jump isn't awesome on paper, just in game its seems decidedly less so. But that's just my own opinion.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    It's considerably easier to carry a Dominion game because of the much reduced ability to feed an enemy.

• Options
    JustPlainEvilJustPlainEvil Registered User regular
    Dominion is the only place I can get good use out of the Eve skin I got back when her usefulness wasn't -500%.

steam_sig.png

Steam ID : JustPlainEvil
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    You know...

I want to try

Yorick
    Warwick
    some mid
    Taric
    auto-attack carry

Taric AD buff + WW AS buff on the carry ghost should be fairly amusing. Take Karthus as mid for Armour reduction perhaps.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Alistar, Malph, Blitz, Chogath, and Wukong.

Bitches gonna get knocked up.

• Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I've played a lot of Dominion but I've never found it to have quite the depth of strategy that SR does. It's a nice way to unwind in solo queue, but the lack of power differentials make it pretty hard to outplay a superior teamcomp. Almost every game of Dominion 5s I played seemed to go like this: Outpick the enemy -> Control the speed shrines -> Win the game.

Edit: Also, Yorick + Ryze is the best team comp. Fuck the AD carry, a Ryze with two lives cannot possibly lose any game.

Squidget0 on
  • Options
    well I ban yorick and ryze so your strategy has a gaping hole!

• Options
    Who's the third ban? I love me some Rammus on Dom.

• Options
    Torgairon wrote:
    Jars wrote:
    so this was my day:

dominion as described by this thread has never interested me too much. if I'm not frothing at the mouth over people laning poorly, making poor champ picks from the start in regards to desired lanes and things aren't a total clusterfuck, in what way is that the league experience?

it's that people don't want to jungle and people don't want to duo lane even in pa games which is understandable and someone having to do it makes it that much less enjoyable. so play dominion, get to pick what role you want and chances are it will be fine.

• Options
    always poppy. fuck poppy

• Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    Poppy in Dominion is the highest tier of bullshit, somehow managing to create a tier that is more bullshit than Shaco even though Shaco already had his own personal tier.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I like dominion when I'm low on patience or its late and I'm tired. Plus a lot of champs and builds that are weak on SR are viable on Dom. Its a much more forgiving meta.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    So solo-top Nidalee is pretty baller.
    Repeatedly forced a nasus out of lane with less than 100 health. Only reason he didn't die was because I gave no shits and farmed. She's got a surprising amount of damage, really.

Then late game my tacitic was: Pounce on Vayne>Vayne runs away like a little girl.

• Options
    Jars wrote:
    Torgairon wrote:
    Jars wrote:
    so this was my day:

it's that people don't want to jungle and people don't want to duo lane even in pa games which is understandable and someone having to do it makes it that much less enjoyable. so play dominion, get to pick what role you want and chances are it will be fine.

I love when no one wants to jungle, because then I can do it. That way I can laugh and complain when other people fail their lanes because no one ever counterjungles outside of ranked games.

• Options
    Nidalee is a motherfucker.

• Options
    Yeah. I've always played her ap, but tried the bruiser build now. Got triforce, atmas and Randuins, the the game was over.

• Options
    really as long as you have a melee, and a mage, and someone who can do bottom you are set. that's not very high requirements for team comp.

or maybe I'm just so awesome at bottom that it makes everything easier(mr humble right here)

• Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I dunno, if you clone a Caitlyn and then they are both shooting at 650 range apart. You'll end up shooting a lot of people.

Has anyone tried Yorick jungling recently? I'm interested in giving that a go.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    Her manaless pounce and 40% AS buff make her pretty fucking beefy, and her Cougar's Q has like a 3.0 AD coefficient. Triforce is a bit of a waste IMO because of the lack of meaningful AD, and her base AD isn't that high if I remember my numbers right. Straight AD is the best for her after Atmogs.

• Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    So is it like a known thing that Udyr with Pheonix at 1 and Tiger at 2 has a 3:20 or so jungle clear? Cause holy shit it's so awesome

ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    I just think triforce looks pretty in my inventory. And I hate building Atmogs. But I'll keep that in mind.

• Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    So Poppy used her ultimate on me once when I was oom. I was trying to tell my team to disengage, to run, but thye didn't listen.

Why didn't then listen?!

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I have a fair amount of time where I won't be at work. You fair people should attempt to teach me how to jungle during that stretch since I don't want to go into a game with no knowledge of what to do besides smacking around neutral minions without people being able to just say stuff directly to me (and ideally won't be really mean). I haven't touched the jungle since the change and I don't know any optimal routes, I just know start blue and sweep around and look for ganks and such but even then I can't since lolbotgamejungling.

butts
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    You could probably get away with six BTs really. IIRC, in cougar form while spamming Q, you're actually faster that someone with boots 2 if you're in the bushes.

@Jookie: Wolves->Blue->Wraiths->Wolves->Red->Golems->Wraiths is the standard route if you need blue to jungle. The Rivens and Lee Sins and Mundos do Wraiths->Red->Golems->Wraiths->Blue or something similar.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    Carnarvon wrote:
    Jars wrote:
    Torgairon wrote:
    Jars wrote:
    so this was my day:

I love when no one wants to jungle, because then I can do it. That way I can laugh and complain when other people fail their lanes because no one ever counterjungles outside of ranked games.

Yeah, here's a question that's come to mind recently.

Ignoring cries from the lanes, which is more valuable: ganking lanes or counterjungling? as Shyv I tend to focus on counterjungling more, because if I can fuck up their jungler and let them never get red, there will likely never be any ganks.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Arivia wrote:
    Carnarvon wrote:
    Jars wrote:
    Torgairon wrote:
    Jars wrote:
    so this was my day:

Yeah, here's a question that's come to mind recently.

Ignoring cries from the lanes, which is more valuable: ganking lanes or counterjungling? as Shyv I tend to focus on counterjungling more, because if I can fuck up their jungler and let them never get red, there will likely never be any ganks.

Here's how you gank a lane:

1. Look at the lane: are they too pushed for me to initiate before they reach the tower? If so, do something else.
    2. I'm at their lane: Is there an opening? If not, do something else.

It doesn't set you back to go to a lane and fail a gank. It sets you back to spend 20 seconds dicking around and then fail a gank. Counter jungling is something you do when it's either super effective against the enemy jungler, or you know it's safe to do so, or you have nothing better to do.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    PS I meant doing it live in the jungle.

Also it's a lot of fun forgetting any sort of build and then realize I'm Irelia so it doesn't matter, whatever I put on her will work.

butts
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Jars wrote:
    always poppy. fuck poppy

Heh.
    Poopy.

Also look at ari makin threads

• Options
    Who cares about losing in normals? Go die and be terrible, and then play with us and then we'll complain that you don't gank when we're pushed, out of mana, and have no CC.

• Options
    bobwocobobwoco Registered User regular
    So I bought Gangplank the other day. He's pretty gloriously powerful. What other champions do you think are on his tier (besides Graves, I know that)?

Steam ID: wocobob
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bobwoco wrote:
    So I bought Gangplank the other day. He's pretty gloriously powerful. What other champions do you think are on his tier (besides Graves, I know that)?

Ahri, Kennen, Cass, Brand, Janna, Lee Sin, Yorick, Janna, Maokai, Nidalee, Riven, Rammus, Sona, Skarner, Udyr, Soraka, Vayne, Morgana, and maybe Wukong.

Gangplank has the bonus of being able to fill nearly any role and is pretty easy to play well.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Gangplank is a champion who is solidly effective everywhere, but outstanding nowhere, and no matter which lane you're in he has ways to reward good play (he's got the ability to either be a passive fuck aggression receive last hits top, jungle with a decent kit for ganks, be bot as either the farmbot or the harass support, or go mid and do sidelane ganks with minimal investment). Excepting some top lane matchups, though, he doesn't really have anywhere he dominates, and certainly isn't top tier. Very good, but not on some kind of tier of his own.

I ate an engineer
This discussion has been closed.