As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Taxi [Chat]er

• thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

i am having a good morning and am in the mood to argue.

Bullshit.

the fuck you just say

Calling you out. I don't think you're argumentative in the slightest.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    no u

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

Bullshit.

the fuck you just say

yeah, motherfucker?

well, how about you... go with me to get a beer

how about that, asshole!

then we'll genially relate our lives to one another!

maybe we'll even exchange cards, you dimwitted sumbitch!

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Southeast asia is apparently very nice.

My aunt and uncle have holidayed in Cambodia a few times.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    good morning duders and dudettes.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    FUCK

FUCKING FUCK FUCK

Someone broke into my car and stole my radio. :x

In a horrible fucking mood right now. :(

Organichu wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

Bullshit.

the fuck you just say

yeah, motherfucker?

well, how about you... go with me to get a beer

how about that, asshole!

then we'll genially relate our lives to one another!

maybe we'll even exchange cards, you dimwitted sumbitch!

I'd like to see you try to have a cordial evening with me you crab-infested pissant!

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    :whistle: It's a holiday in Cambodia... :whistle:

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
    japan wrote:

A friend of my girlfriend's family went to visit their family in Vietnam, and their Australia-born daughter got kidnapped and lost an arm.

FUCK

FUCKING FUCK FUCK

I didn't think this was even a thing that still happened. Most cars haven't had a non-integrated radio for quite some time.

Sucks, though.

sympathies, rms :[

japan wrote:

A friend of my girlfriend's family went to visit their family in Vietnam, and their Australia-born daughter got kidnapped and lost an arm.

Well then I can see why you may not be keen on the place.

japan wrote:
    FUCK

FUCKING FUCK FUCK

I didn't think this was even a thing that still happened. Most cars haven't had a non-integrated radio for quite some time.

Sucks, though.

My car is 12 years old.

To clarify, she was kidnapped and forced to beg for money from tourists, then her captors cut off her arm so she would be better at it.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    How much is a stolen radio from a 12-year-old car worth, anyhow

"enough", I guess, but still

sympathies, RMS

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    To clarify, she was kidnapped and forced to beg for money from tourists, then her captors cut off her arm so she would be better at it.

D:

aRkpc.gif
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    bah

dota2 friends all hopping back to dota1

aRkpc.gif
    japan wrote:
    FUCK

FUCKING FUCK FUCK

Sucks, though.

My car is 12 years old.

What car is it? I'm mostly curious because integrated stereos started to become a thing in the early 90s. My car is also 12 years old, and has an integrated radio (sort of, it's integrated in that you can't remove it without dismantling the dashboard).

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I know nobody cares about professional cycling here but me, but it's nice to see that Jens Voigt at 40 years old can still pull the tripe out of a protour peleton.

japan wrote:
    I know nobody cares about professional cycling here but me, but it's nice to see that Jens Voigt at 40 years old can still pull the tripe out of a protour peleton.

pull the tripe out of a protour peleton, you say

to google!

Organichu wrote:
    japan wrote:

to google!

sounds like something you'd want safesearch on for

emailed two lecturers and a TA on wednesday

one lecturer hasn't replied, the other replied in Friday, the TA replied in 15 minutes

its nice that his spirit hasn't been crushed yet

edited January 2012
    Organichu wrote:
    japan wrote:

to google!

To "pull one's tripe out" is to work very hard. The term is sometimes used in cycling in the context of making someone else work very hard. Jens Voigt is what's known as a "rouleur", a strong rider good in most situations, but too much of a generalist to routinely challenge for stage or event victories. They're tactically useful for a cycling team because they can be used to force the pace of a group to a level that not every rider in the group will be able to sustain, either because you want to drop them off the back of the group, or make them work so hard that they'll be useless on the following day's stage.

The Tour Down Under stage 5 yesterday featured a solo breakaway towards the end of stage by Nathan Haas. In chasing him down, the pace of the main group of riders (the peloton) was set by Voigt and JJ Rojas, who were both looking to end the breakaway and dump most of the field off the back of the group, leaving their respective team principals to challenge for the stage win.

Between the two of them, they pushed the pace so high that the group that reached the bottom of the final climb first consisted of less than twenty riders of 130-ish that started the stage. Dropping riders off the back of the group like that is extremely difficult, usually that kind of break is generated by using a couple of sacrificial riders to break away in one go, generating a gap that they can then work to widen.

EDIT: From the man himself
    Jens Voigt wrote:
    I get paid to hurt people, to make them suffer on my wheel. How cool is that?

japan on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    The only thing I know about professional cycling is from that amazing video where two dudes basically have a contest to see who can possibly go slower

japan i hate the sport you love

but i love the butts it produces

edited January 2012
    japan maybe we can talk about this in here to avoid hedgie's prying, grubby eyes.

what do you mean by 'release the spec'? are you suggesting that apple's educational initiatives ought to be open source?

Organichu on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    whazzup, biatches

ftOqU21.png
    Abdhyius wrote:
    whazzup, biatches

zzz

"Kakkmaddafakka" as a band name amuses me far more than it really should

ftOqU21.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh reddit you make me laugh so much

i4wpX.jpg

edited January 2012
    That pun hit me like a heart attack. Dang, that was bad.

Also, if you can watch that video and not want to kiss someone afterwards then... then I dunno what to tell you

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    oh i see you already responded in the thread, nvm i'll take it back there

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    It's ok that Apple's education initiative isn't open source. It would be nicer if it was, but as it is, the potential for technical lock-in is low. The interactive elements are all HTML 5 and Javascript. The videos are all H.264. Textbook / lesson publishers will have no issue "porting" their content to new platforms.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    you're probably broken in some way

ftOqU21.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Ill ask again does anyone want an invite for Super Monday Night Combat?

Organichu wrote:
    japan maybe we can talk about this in here to avoid hedgie's prying, grubby eyes.

what do you mean by 'release the spec'? are you suggesting that apple's educational initiatives ought to be open source?

It seems like Apple are trying to do with ebooks what Microsoft pulled a few times with various technologies, where they start introducing proprietary extensions to previously universal formats, and then relying on the leverage of market dominance to force out competitors who are unable to replicate those features. In some ways they're going further than Microsoft ever did by looking to also become the publisher of the content.

When I say "release the spec" I mean that if they're going to extend a format outside of of the standard that exists for it, they should at least make what they're doing transparent, so that they don't lock other vendors out of being able to use that content.

What will probably happen with ebooks, though, is the same trajectory most media has followed in the transition from physical to digital:
    physical format -> a series of platform-specific, non-interoperable formats -> the failure of those services -> platform agnostic file formats.

That's what happened with music, with films, with mobile web, is happening with TV, and looks like it is beginning to happen with ebooks in that closed ecosystems with DRM are popping up that are probably going to burn a few people when they fail.

Forensics guys are coming round to check my car for prints. I expect they'll never catch the guy, but it's nice they're coming round.

This discussion has been closed.