As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] PAX and Google+

DMmagicDMmagic PAX East EnforcerSpringfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
edited February 2012 in PAX Archive
A few years ago (Prime 2009), I built a Tweetdeck list of people going to PAX so I could keep up with everyone, and eventually that became a regular Twitter list. It's a great resource, and I still use it even though it's getting a bit dated (I haven't added many people to it in a couple of years...).

I'll need to go through and update that for PAX East 2012, but I find myself using Google+ a lot (as are 60+ million other people, apparently), and I wanted to look into building a G+ Circle for PAX East.

Thankfully, G+ already makes it almost as easy as Twitter for this sort of thing. PM, Circle, or post here to be added, and I'll share that after it gets built a bit. I assume that when you share a circle, it snapshots who is in it at the time of sharing, so unlike a Twitter List (to which you subscribe), it'll have to be reshared as more people are added, and then people will have to re-add the circle... but perhaps I am mistaken on that.

Either way, I think G+ could be a neat thing to use at PAX, and we've already had some fun huddles/messenger times and Hangouts. So PM, circle me (and let me know you're from PAX), or post here with a link to your profile and I'll start circling up.

Also, if you care, post whether you would prefer the PAX circle be shared only with the people in my PAX circle (so it's a bit more private), or if you'd prefer it be shared publicly (so people not already in the circle can grab it closer to PAX).

Update (2012-01-23):: Thanks to Isha, my PAX circle now has 179 people. Keep sending me your names if you want to join and I'll reshare when it hits 200.

Update (2012-01-26):: Peasant Dave has posted a G+ FAQ that you should definitely check out!

Also, I'm really uncertain where to go from here on this social shindig. Some people have asked to be removed from the circle (for what limited good that does). Some people have suggested that only those who have posted here be added (so everyone can just roll their own circles). Some are begging me to continue building and re-sharing the mass PAX circle. With no clear path in sight, I've decided to delay deciding and do nothing for the time being, but I do suggest you go through these pages to build your circle with everyone who has posted here, because they're rad. The Chrome+ extension has been recommended as an excellent method for accomplishing this, though I haven't tried it myself.

Update (2012-02-16):: Per Moe's comment, I'm going to end re-sharing of the circle from my end. I thought G+'s method of doing privacy and sharing was perfect for this sort of thing, but enough people have gotten upset that it's just not worth it.

Similar post on G+

DMmagic on