As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ravnica Resurgence: Magic the Gathering

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    no

maybe a transformer, though

well

that would've been my second guess

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    you know me too wellll

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Gonna go draft tomorrow night

Guys having a full time job to fund my magic addiction is bad

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I got a sorin yesterday, I built a cool black white human sac deck, lots of things that buff if you destroy humans, and him as a second win condition. I really want to do my blue black zombie mill deck now, and a white blue spirit deck. Sorry red and green

• The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    no

maybe a transformer, though

How much are those Bruticus's going for? The ones that don't suck?

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Well, they haven't announced pricing details yet, but it's probably going to be $13 a figure, with the exception of Onslaught, who will probably be more like $20.

Unless they sell them in some sort of combined package.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    sometimes, i miss counterspell.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    My friend's EDH deck has made it so I can never enjoy counter spells. Ever.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Well, they haven't announced pricing details yet, but it's probably going to be $13 a figure, with the exception of Onslaught, who will probably be more like $20.

Unless they sell them in some sort of combined package.
    they're all the same size! so like 13 each.

Onslaught will be $13 too?

Alright, that's it.

I will find a way to get this thing onto my desk by the time I move back into the dorms next year.

edited February 2012
    Melding wrote: »
    every day ever that ever happened, including all alternate timelines, i miss counterspell.

The Good Doctor Tran on
    LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Onslaught will be $13 too?

Alright, that's it.

I will find a way to get this thing onto my desk by the time I move back into the dorms next year.
    Not if I do it first

FUCK YOU BUGSY

IT'S MY ROBOT

edited February 2012
    you both get a pair of limbs, split the cost of onslaught, keep him at your actual house, and take the limbs to college

Antimatter on
    but that leaves one question unanswered

WHOSE DESK DOES HE SIT ON WHEN WE ARE AT HOME!?

let's put him on the little table

neutral ground

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    I had a revised edition Counterspell

But I traded it for a couple of goblin cards I needed for my Goblin EDH deck

ipsesignew.jpg
    BugBoy wrote:
    let's put him on the little table

neutral ground
    Deal.

My current crown jewel of my collection though is a revised edition Scrubland

ipsesignew.jpg
  • SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    The most valuable card i ever pulled was a foil Lotus Cobra from zendikar

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • superjoesuperjoe Registered User regular
    A kid at FNM was leaving to go back home to Brazil; think he was there as an exchange student or somesuch. Gets a prize pack of DA, opens it. Huntmaster + Sorin. Not a bad way to go.

IlOZ6.png
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    To the surprise of no one, Huntmaster is ridiculous in limited. I played a Winston draft with a friend, and he got one; every time it came out, it was just game over.

I'm really liking Undying Evil when drafting, especially when you team it up with Elgaud Inquistor for a WB deck. Turn your 2/2 lifelink into a 3/3 lifelink with a 1/1 flying sidekick, while probably gaining 2 life and getting rid of a creature or eating an opponent's removal? And get another 1/1 flyer when he finally kicks it for real? Yes please.

I am also a fan of the Litch in all formats. Casting shit from the graveyard for 1? Yes please

Bucketman wrote:
    I am also a fan of the Litch in all formats. Casting shit from the graveyard for 1? Yes please

Casting shit from anyone's graveyard and snagging the activated abilities! Basic combo with it:

Priest of Urabrask
    Havengul Lich
    Perilous Myr
    Heartless Summoning

It's probably not standard-worthy but it'd be fun for casual.

Whats good about heartless summoning? I mean, the only deck I could use it in is my zombie deck, and in there I just make tokens anyway, so its useless. I haven't see anyone use it, but I hear a lot of people talk about it.

edited February 2012
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Whats good about heartless summoning? I mean, the only deck I could use it in is my zombie deck, and in there I just make tokens anyway, so its useless. I haven't see anyone use it, but I hear a lot of people talk about it.

1) Get Havengul Lich out
    2) Get Heartless Summoning out
    3) Cast Perilous Myr. It dies as a state based action. It deals 2 damage to your opponent.
    4) Cast Priest of Urabrask. Gain 3 red mana from ETB. It dies as a state based action. Current Mana Pool 3 red.
    5) Recast Priest of Urabrask using Havengul Lich. It dies as a state based action. Current Mana Pool 4 red.
    N-1) Repeat recasting Priest of Urabrask using Havengul Lich etc. until you have enough mana to recast Perilous Myr a Truly Absurd Number of Times. I like a centillion, repeating this step a centillion-3 times. (Perilous Myr is free from your hand as a result of Heartless Summoning, so you're spending 1 mana on it from Havengul Lich).
    N) Chain re-cast Perilous Myr. Opponent stares at you with loathing.

The Good Doctor Tran on
    ....building that deck. The only problem is surviving until you get the lich out

• CantideCantide Registered User regular
    Specific combos aside, it's good because, like with pretty much every other card that lets you play stuff cheaply/free, it breaks the inherent balance of all the cards designed with the assumption that their mana cost was a fixed value. -1/-1 is a small drawback for, say, getting to drop a Sun Titan on turn 4, or a Bloodgift Demon turn 3.

I guess it seems weird to me because most of my decks are white weeny, which has a ton of 1/1 and 2/1 creatures, token, or control with little to no creatures

Bucketman wrote: »
    I guess it seems weird to me because most of my decks are white weeny, which has a ton of 1/1 and 2/1 creatures, token, or control with little to no creatures

Yea it is definitely not good in those decks. It's an interesting and unexpected twist for ramp decks, esper and grixis however.

• skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    #mtgvalentines
    Some are pretty good
    Some are painful

https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/#mtgvalentines

Posted a few I like on tumblr

I believe that a certain cross-section of posters in this thread will enjoy the following:

401184_3363729335210_1328408652_33442385_1366431301_n.jpg

that pictures appears to be broken

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    I see it and those are awesome!

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Works for me.

And I love that it was posted on a page with Bugboy and BFL at the top

oh yeah it just won't load up in google chrome for some reason. Weird

• drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    that is a good picture

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
    image works for me in google chrome

it's adorable

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    oh my goodness those tokens

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Lately I've been considering the viability of a Sasaya, Orochi Ascendant commander deck, and while I realize it would have a whole lot of problems inherent in a commander that turns into an enchantment (namely there's almost no way to protect it after flipping, and if it gets blown up after getting the lands I used to flip it in the first place out of my hand then I would have one hell of a hard time getting 7 more in hand) it seems like it'd be fun enough to at least make a try at

one fixable issue is that I need a way to actually be able to do something while sitting on around 3 lands and building up the hand count with things like Armillary Sphere or Yavimaya Elder, but I can't think of many low-cost creatures or enchantments that would fit that role

drp527 on
    a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
This discussion has been closed.