As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Share With Us Your Sordid and Recent Past

• Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Tonkka wrote:
    SARS WHERE WERE YOU SATURDAY.

my friend's roommate's going-away party.

i am sad i missed it because all those bands rule and i want to see/support more local good bands.

Oh thank heavens.

I thought that maybe I was drunk enough to forget that you were there.

ps Black Breath is playing The Comet on Friday and you should go because I'ma be there.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh my goodness.

I may go to that.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    lived with my brother at his lowest point and had to deflect gross hookers, crackheads and harry potter fans

drank many an everclear and gatorade

i probably stutter as a result of my heavy alcohol intake

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    jacked off every day

i jack off a lot less, but i guess you could attribute that to being sexually active

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh man I totally forgot to jerk it today.

Thanks for the reminder!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    i tried to jerk it today but my damn roommate came home so i stopped.

• Options
    Shoulda jerked it all over your roommate.

• Options
    TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I have not jacked off in about 2 months, and haven't had sex in about 2 years.

I do not know whether to be worried or relieved.

• Options
    Go to the hospital.

• Options
    Oh cool time travel.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i want to go to bed and watch mad men but i've got a menu to finish and a sidewalk sign to put together and then some weird poster that i don't have the art for

woop

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    i want to go to bed and watch mad men but i've got a menu to finish and a sidewalk sign to put together and then some weird poster that i don't have the art for

woop

damn. I need to do some shit for our deal too.
    Seems like me, you, and Matt are all super busy lately.
    Such is life I guess?

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    five years ago
    my shower had hot water

now
    it does not
    brb cold shower

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    neville wrote:

woop

damn. I need to do some shit for our deal too.
    Seems like me, you, and Matt are all super busy lately.
    Such is life I guess?
    rent gotta be paid

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    5 years ago I had a really terrible haircut

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    5 years ago i was a whiny cunt
    i'd say not much has changed but i think i whine more now

• Options
    TaskmanTaskman Registered User regular
    5 years ago I killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die. And in events that are not also song lyrics, it was my first year of University and I was 19/20 so I was probably drunk and or asleep. That year was much better than the ten or so preceding it, which were. not. good.
    Still not as good as now is, though. Life has gotten a lot better since 2007 onward, and I hope it stays that way.

uGn5f.png
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Sheri wrote:
    Why are we harpin' on the past

Let's talk about how awesome we are today

I have awesome friends and a rad boyfriend and a job I like!

we already have a happy thread

Why do you hate happiness Muse

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Tef wrote:
    Eh, I would just call it masturbation

You have my axe

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I mean camera

You have my camera

• Options
    Tef wrote:
    Man, same thing was true but of my grandma. She was a tough old farmer's wife and someone that I respected immensely.

I remember towards the end there that she would get so frustrated that she couldn't remember anything and the carers were so patronising.

About a week before she died I remember visiting her and in a rare moment of lucidity she reached out, rubbed my hair and told me, 'Jesus, Alex. Look at the state of me. Take me out the back and give me the shovel over the back of the head, would you?'

I mean, I try and remember her for when she was strong and active but I'll always remember that

Fuck

that would destroy me

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    It was pretty heart wrenching, yeah. She was a prime example of why I'm pro voluntary euthanasia

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    I'm crying just from that story :(

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Tef if we meet at AUSPAX we can have some hugs man.

When I think about shit, I never cried very much when my grandmother was passing or at her funeral. A bit, but not a huge amount.
    It hurts me more when I think about it. I feel sad that I never really got to know her as much as I'd have liked because she lived in Queensland most of my life.
    Wish they didn't leave Melbourne when I was younger. Now instead of my grandmother dealing with him, we deal with my grandfather. While I appreciate everything he has done in giving my father a start in life, is a huge bigot and I wish he would understand some things. He has aged fairly well though, he is over 90 and still lives alone and drives.

I need to spend more time with my other grandmother before she loses it or I will regret it. She has started referring to a male carer who is in charge some nights. One that doesn't exist. Other similar things. Can't be too long.

• Options
    I don't usually cry when people pass, but I will cry when I see other people crying

I was fine the night we put my old dog down, then the next day I ran up the steps to go pet her and when she wasn't in her bed I just broke down

• Options
    Nothing breaks me up more than a beloved family pet passing.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    When my beagle has seizures I endup just hugging her and crying for like an hour afterward

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    One of the things I regret most is not going to the family thanksgiving at my grandparents house the holiday before my grandpa died

I knew he was getting worse. I knew it might be my last time seeing him in a semi cognitive state. I knew it might be the last time he saw one of his grandchildren.

But I didn't go. I made excuses.

Next time I saw him was in late December in the hospice ward of their local hospital. He was drugged fir the pain but it wouldn't have mattered. The tumor had sped up the alzhiemers or vice versa and all I saw was the quivering mumbling husk of what used to be one if the manliest farmers I've yet to know to this day

Fuck.

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    You can't beat yourself up about stuff like that, CrackedLens

Even if you "knew" you couldn't know. Just appreciate the time you did have with him

• Options
    Keith wrote:
    When my beagle has seizures I endup just hugging her and crying for like an hour afterward

Oh man, that's horrible :cry:

I had to put down a neighbours dog once and it was a very fucking traumatic experience

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Noooooope.

Too late. I'm depressed as shit now.

• Options
    Tef wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Oh man, that's horrible :cry:

I had to put down a neighbours dog once and it was a very fucking traumatic experience

Yeah, there's basically nothing I love in the world more than dogs and my dog. With our old dog (a dalmatian), I had to fight with my family for at least a year, probably close to 2, to not put her down once she started peeing in the house. She was just about 16 when we had to put her down. She was the same age as me and we got her when we were both 1

Now that I'm older I know that it's better to put them out of their pain rather than hold on

but man I don't know how I'd be able to do it

My beagle lives with my parents. She's like 9 or 10 now (they weren't sure how old she was at the rescue) and is getting lumps. She's still relatively active, though. I mean she sleeps all day, but she's always done that; she'll sprint around when she wants to.

• Options
    Noooooope.

Too late. I'm depressed as shit now.

Yeah this thread got me crying earlier and I basically haven't stopped

Thanks, Tef

• Options
    I blame Viv for starting the stupid thread in the first place

• Options
    We're men! We're not supposed to get emotional!

• Options
    Except over sports

• Options
    If you need a shoulder to cry on...

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I remember when our first cat died.

I was really angry because I had felt the lump in her stomach growing for years and no one believed me so when she finally went to the vet and they said it was too big it was inoperable I was so mad.

I also remember the day she was put down. I was 17 and didnt want to let her go so I put her outside and let her play. Just on the stupid idea that they won't find her and she would be ok.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    My grandmother on my father's side is absolutely lost to dementia. It's sad, the last time I saw her she thought I was my father, then his brother, then his uncle.

My mother has made me promise that if she ever gets dementia I would end it for her once she gets bad. I don't think she has anything to worry about, though, my grandfather and grandmother on her side were sharp as a tack to the very end.