As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] FemShep Trailer Released. USE SPOILER TAGS

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Basil wrote:
    And because they're species traitors.

"Humanity cannot understand my deep need to lust after four eyed batarian babes."

Honestly, humans aren't even *that* special in ME, so I don't really get the critcism. It's Shepard who's the transhuman god. The rest of the Alliance just has a unique knack for being adaptable and resilient.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:

You're overthinking it.

People want to play as aliens because it would be cool.

Well, if it were a case of cool-ness I'd think there'd be a difference between "aw man, another human squadmate? I'd like to play as more aliens" and "WTF, ME3 is like all humans. Why are they pandering to the masses? This game is shit, worst in the series."

But, maybe that's just Gabe's GIFT theory at work.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Basil wrote:

"Humanity cannot understand my deep need to lust after four eyed batarian babes."

Honestly, humans aren't even *that* special in ME, so I don't really get the critcism. It's Shepard who's the transhuman god. The rest of the Alliance just has a unique knack for being adaptable and resilient.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Fs6f-BzN0&feature=related

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    It'd probably help if the human squadmates had anything appealing about them. Nothing I've seen in any of the preview materials has interested me in Hulk Manstrong at all.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Vega could be the mayo in your Shepard and Wrex sandwich.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I bear no responsibility for creating Balak in a pink dress.

Edit: For love of the Mako.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nebxEUOoGeQ

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    Achievement list is out. not much in the way of spoilers i think, its all very vauge, the other bonus ones are to be expected, altho it looks like you can unlock some by both sp and mp, like you have a choice of either getting an achievement through multiplayer or by doing side quests in sp, theres a few hints about the mp through the achievements too.

• Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    Achievement lists means we're getting real close. :D

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Basil wrote:
    Basil wrote:

Have you ever played any of the MUNCHKIN series of games ? One of their core jokes is that you never, ever want to play a Human in role-playing games because Humans are the worst at everything. All other races get a wide variety of special powers but Humans ? Zilch. WOW actually stands out in this regard because they gave Humans a pretty respectable array of abilities.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Fairchild wrote:
    Basil wrote:
    Basil wrote:

Have you ever played any of the MUNCHKIN series of games ? One of their core jokes is that you never, ever want to play a Human in role-playing games because Humans are the worst at everything. All other races get a wide variety of special powers but Humans ? Zilch. WOW actually stands out in this regard because they gave Humans a pretty respectable array of abilities.

But humans have the worst dance moves.

• Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    Balls. I could almost justify getting the collector's edition on Amazon, but the regular edition has a 10 dollar credit. I can't justify 30 more dollars ;-;

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I can't justify it either.

Good thing I don't have to.

• Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Man ME2 is great. It managed to basically break in three different missions in three unique manners over the course of just five hours, and despite that is still an amazing experience.

SkyEye on
    Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    I think I've only ever broken in Mass Effect 2 once

Playing as a soldier I went into cover and Shepard's character model froze
    Couldn't use any powers or change my weapon
    I was just stuck staring at Shepard looking angrily at the yonder while Garrus and Tali sat there killing all the enemies before returning to laugh at me :C

• Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    I managed to get behind the counter at a store. I thought I was fucked, but using the terminal teleports you back! Hooray.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    @Dox the PI At least that's an awesome way to break the game. My experience was more like:

-On the Mordin loyalty mission, the game thought I was in combat during the ending cutscene so when it came time to "press the melee button to go to the Normandy" it still melee'd, leaving me stuck in a sealed basement floor.

-On a side mission on some foggy chlorinated world I got stuck on top of a rock I wasn't supposed to be on, leaving me yelling at my squadmates on the TV "help I'm stuck in level geometry!"

-On the Tali recruitment mission the game just straight up hard-locked, as if to tell me I'd just been playing ME2 for too long.

Didn't listen.

SkyEye on
    Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    edited February 2012
    You can never play to much Mass Effect

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    The worst glitches I've experienced are when playing Vanguard. I'll charge an enemy who is standing on a crate, or some other raised surface, and end up stuck in the rafters.

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    So after watching ME3 trailers against my better judgment and thereby putting my brain into hype mode, I decided to go ahead and start my Renegade FemShep career on ME1.

I had forgotten, already, how much of an improvement the controls saw between the first and second games. D:

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    It'll probably be the same for 3 -> 2
    All I could think during my ME2 cannon run was "Damn, I really wish I could roll."

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    So I am still working on my PC canon save and I just realized I never went to Horizon with Garrus. Is there special dialog at the end when you're talking to Kaidan or Ashley if you bring him?

• Options
    "You're working for Ceberus?....
    ...Garrus too?!"

• Options
    I was hoping there would be a like where Garrus would be all "Kaidan it's not as bad as it seems, come join us." or something.

For anyone replaying 1, I found that it's actually super tolerable if you don't mind cheating the super gun which one shots everything in the world forever. I even got all the gather quests done just in case the end of the game requires me to use all the Alliance Surveyed metals to build the Anti-Reaper Cannon.

"OH GOD WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH RARE EARTHS! WE'RE DOOMED." *Mission Failure*

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Oh yeah
    Garrus says something like "Kaidan/Ashley your letting your opinion of Ceberus get in the way of facts" (or maybe that's Shepard's line? something to that effect)
    But every henchman says something like that so it isn't really unique.

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    I'm wondering what made you suddenly realize "Oh no! I never completed this specific mission with this specific character!"

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote:
    For anyone replaying 1, I found that it's actually super tolerable if you don't mind cheating the super gun which one shots everything in the world forever.
    It takes 8 to bring down a Geth dropship. Just sayin'...

sig.gif
  • Options
    SkyEye wrote:
    I'm wondering what made you suddenly realize "Oh no! I never completed this specific mission with this specific character!"

It's not an "oh no" it was just something I was curious about. I just noticed that in all of my playthroughs I never once brought Garrus. Being that the three characters share some history, and Garrus was currently with me, maybe there might be a unique line for him or something. It's the kind of small thing Bioware does from time to time.

• Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote:

Hey, in D&D 3E (and I think 4E) humans have some of the best racial abilities.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:
    To be somewhat fair to the crazy folk from the last page, ME2 did de-emphasize the role playing aspects from ME1.

On the contrary it streamlined them and made them fun to use rather than a fucking chore

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote:
    SkyEye wrote:

It's not an "oh no" it was just something I was curious about. I just noticed that in all of my playthroughs I never once brought Garrus. Being that the three characters share some history, and Garrus was currently with me, maybe there might be a unique line for him or something. It's the kind of small thing Bioware does from time to time.
    Has anyone "broke" the game and brought Tali to Horizon?

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Dox the PI on
  • Options
    I wonder if all that Tali dialogue exists because she was recruitable after/during Freedom's Progress at one point.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote:
    I wonder if all that Tali dialogue exists because she was recruitable after/during Freedom's Progress at one point.

Legion and Tali both were. For some reason Legion got the shaft and tali was pushed back.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Everyone was
    Size limits on 360 DVD's caused them to split the squad up for a less cumbersome experience when disc swapping (Only have to swap the disc twice on 360 if you don't know)
    PC users get dragged along for the ride.

I don't know why Thane isn't saying anything on Horizon though
    He has lines on Korlus and Purgatory

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Dox the PI wrote:
    Everyone was
    Size limits on 360 DVD's caused them to split the squad up for a less cumbersome experience when disc swapping (Only have to swap the disc twice on 360 if you don't know)

I think Taky explained this once.

Said that, originally, there'd be two sets of recruiting rounds, like now, but you could delay some of the initial ones like Jack or Grunt for after Horizon. So, recruiting everyone at once was never on the table. Can't remember the details, though.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. I believe the recruitment order was thrown off because of disc constraints. Basically, they needed to spread out the recruitment because they couldn't fit all the stuff on one disc.

Also, I'm guessing just having people record dialogue for generic squadmate banter when they're in the booth is cheaper all at once instead of doing in on a need-based basis.

• Options
    Dox the PI wrote:
    Everyone was

Maybe the video is edited for Tali only lines?

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Lemming wrote:
    Balls. I could almost justify getting the collector's edition on Amazon, but the regular edition has a 10 dollar credit. I can't justify 30 more dollars ;-;

If it "helps" any, it's more like a $3 credit if you plan to buy the day 1 DLC squadmate included in the N7 edition, who will presumably cost $7 alone.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    Dox the PI wrote:
    Everyone was

I think Taky explained this once.

Said that, originally, there'd be two sets of recruiting rounds, like now, but you could delay some of the initial ones like Jack or Grunt for after Horizon. So, recruiting everyone at once was never on the table. Can't remember the details, though.

Yeah that sounds about right. The plot is structured so you get your squad in 2 groups. But I think you could choose which half you wanted or if you just wanted to screw around with N7 missions.
    The way it's designed now you have to get Garrus, Mordin, Jack and Grunt before going to Horizon.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I hope we get every near the beginning this time. Like in ME1.

Also...they confirmed no loyalty power lockouts right? Really hated how some characters had their best powers locked behind a late game mission.