As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone is Fabulous [makeup and skincare] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    my eyelashes are lovely and all the girls are jealous

also i have grown a beard so i dont need to shave anymore

sometimes i wash my face with this face wash stuff

the end

poo
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Hot showers will dry out your skin

You should do a cold shower, but that's no fun. I just gradually lower the temperature when I'm done and then moisturize afterwards

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    also i have grown a beard

8->

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I have never used face soap in a bar form

• Options
    Dang skincare is in depth!

If you wanna look pretty you gotta put in work son

I'll just keep on being ugly and unloved

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    I wash/condition my hair every day and work in a light holding gel to keep my curls bouncy

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:

You should do a cold shower, but that's no fun. I just gradually lower the temperature when I'm done and then moisturize afterwards
    Cold showers are for sending keith minimum girth pics

• Options
    Keith wrote:

nobody sends pictures anyway

I don't judge! I appreciate

• Options
    I cannot

Cannot

Grow a full beard because the right side of my face gets an empty patch

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I've not tried to grow a beard for longer than a month and even after that month it was still super patchy.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:

You appreciate shriveled up sandworms keith

• Options
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:

You appreciate shriveled up sandworms keith

When you're me you take what you can get

• Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    Sara Lynn wrote:
    I am using Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation right now and it works but I dont really like the finish anymore, it doesn't suit this climate. It makes my skin look too matte and dull. When I get back home in a few weeks I am getting new foundation. Cream or liquid <$40, buildable light to medium coverage (or med-full coverage I can reliably thin out).

This was my favorite foundation for like 2 or 3 years. It's super full coverage and it made my self-conscious self feel awesome all the time. It was just a bitch to take off, I'd have to use Pond's Cold Cream and then my regular facial cleanser to get it all off. It was like glue. But it really did stay on my face ALL DAMN DAY. Have you tried using a damp sponge to apply it? It can be really mask-y.

I use NARS Sheer Glow and it's like ~$45, the finish is satiny and amazing but my oily skin does make it start to disappear in about 5 hours. And I do have to blot, but I'll probably spend the rest of my life blotting. It's light to medium coverage but building it can be kind of cakey.. Make Up Forever's HD foundation gets a lot of raves, I've never tried it, I tried the Mat Velvet + of MUFE's and it oxidized on my skin and made me look like Snookie. Though that doesn't mean it would do that for you, the coverage was probably standard medium.

I've heard a lot of good things about the MUF foundations. Gonna look into those. And since I am oily and have okay skin maybe I should instead be looking into a pressed powder or something? I'm going to Sephora later this week, gonna try some stuff out.

I've been using Rimmel's "Stay Matte" translucent (also comes in other colors, pretty sure) setting powder for like 3 years with no problems. I haven't even hit pan on the damn thing yet. I've been curious about higher end pressed powders but I figure I shouldn't fix what isn't broken, so.

If you like pencil eyeliner I've been seriously over the moon for Tarina Tarantino's eyeliners (sold at Sephora), they come in really awesome colors and are probably better than the Urban Decay 24/7 liners that everyone goes apeshit over. I have Ultraviolet and Cute Robot and they are pretty nice, they also have brown/black/white/etc. They're like 15 bucks but I feel like for the quality that isn't terrible for a mid-range brand.

• Options
    I need to be put on one of those makeover shows

• Options
    Extremely homely makeover

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Muse pressed or loose powder will both work for oil control as long as they are designed to control oil. Some people just prefer it in compact rather than loose form. I prefer loose myself.

Laura Mercier, MUFE, and Shiseido all make very good ones for roughly the same price range.

Also everyone should listen to Sara all the time about this stuff because she 10000% correct.

I use an alcohol-free toner myself, by a brand named Simple. They are getting more popular. Witchazel water will have alcohol in it and should not be used if you have sensitive skin like me.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Sara when I come to the US later this year can we just spend like a whole day at Sephora together

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Sara when I come to the US later this year can we just spend like a whole day at Sephora together

Can I join this girl's day out?

• Options
    Keith wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote:

Can I join this girl's day out?

Me too...

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Omg soap

I love soap

gaMmi.jpg

Also I got a shea butter sugar scrub and I smell amazing

Sheri on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I'm a huge fan of girly soaps.

Get that Dial shit outa here.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    I use dove because it's cheap and nice on my skin

• Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:

This is easily like the most fantastic thing I can think of right now. YES.

• Options

and White Rain shampoo

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Clinique for Men owns for greasy skin

yes it does! I currently use two clinique products:

this everyday facial scrub right before shaving

100495.jpg

and this clarifying lotion applied with cottonballs twice a day right right after washing my face but before applying face lotion

clinique-clarifying-lotion-2.jpg

though the winter months wreak havok on keeping my face not ridiculously dry.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    lostwords wrote:

ugh, tell me about it

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Regular soap is terrible

All-natural soap is great

Shea butter or olive oil based soap have practically cured my eczema

Not even exaggerating

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    my eyelashes are lovely and all the girls are jealous.

My eye lashes are very long and blonde tipped, they make Sier jealous.

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Hmm, maybe I can go pickup a pressed powder at the kmart today? That Rimmel one sounds good.

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    yay I'm glad this exists
    Keith wrote:
    lostwords wrote:

ugh, tell me about it

you people live on the east coast where there is moisture! I live in colorado where moisture is sucked out of my skin/hair during the winter. it's awful.

• Options
    Winter months ruin my nose

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    one day when i have the bigbuxx and dont have to worry about trying to split it between 5 people i really want to experiment with soaps, a really nice scent can cheer me up before i even get in the shower and itd be so lovely to have a different bodyfragrance every week

speaking of fragrance, i currently use Givenchy's Haute Couture perfume for my day-to-day-its not so fancy that it feels out of place for school but its just strong enough to last

• Options
    Sara Lynn wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote:

This is easily like the most fantastic thing I can think of right now. YES.

my cousin works at sephora! too bad I don't live anywhere near close enough to take advantage of it...she did give me a bunch of stuff for christmas, my favorite of which is laura mercier mascara. it makes me want to wear mascara more than once or twice a month.

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    cabsy wrote:
    Aww I was hoping for a general girl thread because oh my god my quest to find cute bright tights that fit me this year has been totally awful. Does anybody have a problem with nail polish not even making it a day before getting chips in it? I swear if I manage to make it more than 6 hours without a chip I consider it a grade A nail polish, even with top/bottom coat and a nicer polish.

There's an awesome sock shop in Santa Cruz that has this wall of about 25 different colours of tights, in a couple of different finishes and variety of sizes! What colour are you looking for?

Unfortunately I am looking for fat chick tights which are generally harder to find... 250/5'7" range usually fits me pretty well. I bought some from welovecolors, both the cheaper and more expensive plus size tights they had, and was just really unsatisfied with the price to quality - the $9 pair felt more like gauze and have no real elastic spring-back to them so when I sit down they start pooling around my knees and ankles and never snap back, ick. The more expensive ones are just ok, but at $15/pair plus shipping I want something a little step up in quality from trash them after you wear them twice target tights, which is what they feel like to me. I wish target would keep selling plus size tights in bright colors but all the targets I've been to this season only have a 1x/2x in brown, black, deep purple, and a heather grey that fits more like a s/m for some bizarre reason.

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Also Colorado was the WORST for keeping my face from looking jacked up all the time. Humidity around 7-12% year round, it was terrible for my skin but great for making my hair look absolutely fabulous. I got in the habit of using coalface and other 'harsher' lush cleaners and then going overboard with lotion after because my skin was overcompensating for the dryness by becoming crazy greasy and I had more cystic acne than I've had in my life.

• Options
    cabsy wrote:
    Also Colorado was the WORST for keeping my face from looking jacked up all the time. Humidity around 7-12% year round, it was terrible for my skin but great for making my hair look absolutely fabulous. I got in the habit of using coalface and other 'harsher' lush cleaners and then going overboard with lotion after because my skin was overcompensating for the dryness by becoming crazy greasy and I had more cystic acne than I've had in my life.

something that's been helping me avoid having to slather on multiple layers of moisturizer is mac fix+. I spray it on and put moisturizer on before my face fully dries, and I need about a quarter of the moisturizer I was using before.

absolute favorite moisturizer (how many times can i use that word in one post?) - lush celestial. Looove it but I can't afford it ever, so I go in and get samples every now and then. and if i put it on after using oatifix my face smells so good I want to eat it.

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    I wash/condition my hair every day and work in a light holding gel to keep my curls bouncy

d'awwww

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

I hate dove because the bars disintegrate in the shower

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    I used to do the no-poo thing for my curly hair (god what an awful name), but I've started to use a hair product with dimethicone so I guess I'm not technically on the bandwagon. I condition it every day but I shampoo my hair very infrequently.

this stuff smells so good and it's a very light hold: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod3120865

• Options
    TheStig wrote:

I hate dove because the bars disintegrate in the shower

what how

mine never do

This discussion has been closed.