As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone is Fabulous [makeup and skincare] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I live in southern california it is perpetual summer but it rains sometimes.

Also I feel horribly anxious and uncomfortable if I don't smell good. I practically have a phobia of smelling bad.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Re: disintegrating soap

Use a better soap dish

One that lets excess water drain

Sheri on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    my sister wanted to put foundation on me for my senior picture

it was a strange experience

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    The other day I was in Lush and the lady came up to me and said "You're always in here, don't you think its time to buy something for yourself?". I think I buy people stuff from Lush too much.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Sephora is my go-to place if I run out of ideas of stuff to buy

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    i'm cool as shit

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    nah

• Options
    I am happy we have this thread :D

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Clint Eastwood next time I am home I'm gonna explore the world of Gucci mane, I promise you this.

I've just been busy out and about in the world.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    So I went to Lush for the first time

I did not go in expecting to be touched

It was startling to say the least

If I'd gone in with that mentality, I would not have minded, I think

• Options
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Clint Eastwood next time I am home I'm gonna explore the world of Gucci mane, I promise you this.

I've just been busy out and about in the world.

cool + fun

on topic, my skin is not very good and i hate it and want to cut my face skin off. the end

• Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    i am not feeling fabulous today

it is not a fabulous day

• Options
    I told a coworker that I used a Shea butter salt scrub this morning and she was like "CAN I TOUCH YOU" and she touched my arm and apparently I am so smooth

• Options
    Sheri are you sure you were in the right shop...? Who was touching you? They don't touch us over here!

I dunno, that lady in the shop said I should buy something for me.

• Options
    The lady demo strayed stuff for me

By putting it on me

Like she was like "let's try this hand soap" then she lathered it in her hands and then washed my hand with it

Maybe she thought I was cute

(they were also doing foot treatments and facials, there was a lot of touching going on in the store)

• Options
    Also: buy it for you and ship it to me

I'll forward it to you

• Options
    I went to school with a girl who had the smoothest forearms in the world.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Liiya make me a princess

You're british right

You can do that

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    sometimes (read: frequently) i use some concealer and stuff when i work or am on the prowl

it sucks but whatever

• Options
    Is that normal? Is that what happens in America, people touch you in shops? Is this something I need to know for my holiday?

I'm sure she did, you are cute as a button. Though I must say, I've always found there staff really good and have a great knowledge of their stock! If I say "Hey, I want something not too scented that sinks in quick" they can find it!

• Options
    If it were normal, I would not have been surprised by it

Duh

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Liiya make me a princess

You're british right

You can do that

Look, I'd have to kill off a lot of people before I could be in line for the throne. How about we just give you this?

Image297.jpg

That'll look good.

edit: True, "duh" indeed!

Liiya on
  • Options
    Yeah she sounded like she'd tried every item in the store

I kinda want the Dream Wash/Cream but man, $20-25 per jar

• Options
    Thats a lot of money! Maybe it lasts a long time but ouch.

• Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Hello makeup and skincare thread. I have a difficult question that thus far no one has ever been able to give a correct answer to.

I've had mild to moderate to mildy-severe acne since I was a freshman in high school. I have tried tons of different acne products that at best help move me to more mild acne, at worst cause me to break out more and/or give me super dry and irritated skin. I saw a dermatologist in High School, which helped, but never cleared me up. I'm seeing one again now, and again what he is giving me is helping (right now it's a cleanser, a lotion, and a pill) but again isn't clearing me up.

Based on my experiences, I'm going to say I have oily skin that is somewhat sensitive. Currently, aside from the two things for my face my dermatologist gave me, I don't use anything else. I'm honestly kind of afraid of trying out any products to help with oily skin or using a moisturizer cause for all I know it's just going to cause me to break out even more. The vast majority of things I have tried fall into two categories: Waste of money and does nothing, or makes things worse.

Does anyone have any serious suggestions for me? As in, you know for a fact it has a possibility of helping me and won't just make things worse. Not trying to be a jerk by saying that, just a bit jaded from all the "problem solvers" people have suggested to me over these years.

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    One of these days I need a straight razor and some good kit. So tired of shitty overpriced cartridges that last a week at what amounts to three bucks a blade. I actually prefer a neckbeard to shaving with cartridges.
    Well, okay, disposables and cartridges *do* have their uses, but mostly around the nether regions. Shave your gooch with a straight razor, I dare you.

• Options
    Erics, I've not really much experience with acne treatments! I've heard that various diet changes can help. I subscribe to this girl on youtube and she has bad acne,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFUD4dFBafI&feature=channel_video_title

I'd suggest looking through her videos for help. Though I'd be tempted to stick with your dermatologist. Maybe you'll have to keep testing various solutions until one sticks.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    acne never makes any sense. I used to have those skin cleaning things and they didn't do shit. all it really took to get rid of it was regular soap and some lotion after a shower.

Jars on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Birth control worked for my acne

Sheri on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I had pretty bad acne in high school but it kinda just...went away around 18 or 19

Every now and then (like right now!) I'll get a zit or two around the corner of my mouth.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    It's not herpes, I swear

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Can we talk about hair in this thread?
    I am growing mine out. It's reaching the state that makes me want to cut it. Bleh.

Gotta stay strong I guess. Honestly forget why I'm growing it out.
    Maybe to see how I'd look with it now? Had long hair in hs. Didn't treat it very well though, so it's not good to use that to judge.

Not even sure how long it should get! Gah, bad at this haha Thinking just past shoulders? Perhaps?

fyi:
    Hair is "baby fine"
    Has some layers (should I keep these as it grows? I think yes?)

• Options
    I used to have mine to my collarbone until I decided it was too flyaway. I'd say your shoulder would start to give you a good idea of what it'd be like, those yours is curly so I can't say from that point of view what it'd be like. it may need some layers as you say to give it more volume and be less "heavy".

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i am currently happy with my hair situation
    425628_173486519424559_100002896371665_240378_219783976_n.jpg

• Options
    As you should be, that length really suits you.

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I've been going through that grow-or-not cycle forever. stick with it for a while longer and see if you like it! your curl pattern might change a little as it grows - mine is definitely more bouncy-curly when it's shorter.

• Options
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    I've been going through that grow-or-not cycle forever. stick with it for a while longer and see if you like it! your curl pattern might change a little as it grows - mine is definitely more bouncy-curly when it's shorter.

It probably will. Should be interesting!
    In hs it was thick and I used gel. top was flat-ish due to the weight I think, then it would go into nice curls. Not super tight, but not loose either.
    Little scared of getting the flat top again, but if I stick with the layers, think I'll be good..

I got a trim last week-ish cause I heard you're supposed to do that, something bout split-ends? She said I didn't have many at all, so didn't have to trim much at all.
    I felt so proud of my hair :bz:

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I love your haircut too sheri!

I don't think I can pull anything off shorter than chin-length, sadly.

This discussion has been closed.