As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Everyone is Fabulous [makeup and skincare] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I love your haircut too sheri!

I don't think I can pull anything off shorter than chin-length, sadly.

If I had your hair, I wouldn't dare cut it!

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    bits if you spiked it and put on an attitude you could

ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited January 2012
    Gat dang forum ate my post

Then it threw up my post

Sheri on
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote:

I like my curls though! my hair's kind of a security blanket for me.

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    One of these days I need a straight razor and some good kit. So tired of shitty overpriced cartridges that last a week at what amounts to three bucks a blade. I actually prefer a neckbeard to shaving with cartridges.
    Well, okay, disposables and cartridges *do* have their uses, but mostly around the nether regions. Shave your gooch with a straight razor, I dare you.

Just get a safety razor and you'll still get a great shave (just be sure to use a good shaving soap/cream with it) and you'll still get a great shave and save a lot of money over disposable or cartridges without the learning curve you have with a straight razor.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    @Antimatter Rachel you look real good

@Liiya Liiya let's get me that tiara and then get to murderin'

lfYVHTd.png
    Mysst wrote:

shit, I feel that. if I started losing it I would have to learn about hats, and that's just not something I want to do

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    i am currently happy with my hair situation
    425628_173486519424559_100002896371665_240378_219783976_n.jpg

:^:

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    thanks guys <3

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    everyone <3's antimatter and her hairs

nevillexmassig1.png
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Mysst wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    shit, I feel that. if I started losing it I would have to learn about hats, and that's just not something I want to do

once you ditch the security blanket, it's very freeing, mentally and physically. it's amazing how much hair weighs.
    it's too bad i don't have any digital pics from when i shaved my head -- need to dig those up. this is after it'd grown out.
    18864817779008824535843.jpg

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:
    yes! you can do what I do

facial cleanser twice a day, (AM and PM)

toner after you cleanse (AM and PM)

moisturizer after you tone (but use less around the nose area)

if you do not know what toner is (as most boys do not), it is an astringent product that basically makes your pores close up

the idea is that when you wash you face, your pores should be open so all the gross stuff can get cleaned out

then you close your pores up with toner so that you don't get any dirt in them... and this also restricts the amount of oil that gets released

toner doesn't have to be fancy... witchazel water (google it) is particularly good for very greasy noses!

then exfoliate your face twice a week with an exfoliating scrub... this will clear off dead skin which then will not trap oil on your face

I should get some toner!
    Just been using those oil sheet things when I get shiny later in the day.

edited January 2012
    Mysst wrote:
    Mysst wrote:

one of my friends told me about a friend of hers with hair like mine that slowly got less and less curly and now is straight. aaah I would be traumatized if my hair changed that dramatically

my brother's hair is going gray and is changing texture, I think he'll have wavy hair when he's completely gray. he's very sad about it.

@Antimatter you and your hair are cute!

bowtiedseal on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    That looks really nice, pooka. Everyone has very nice hair!

pooka wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    Mysst wrote:

once you ditch the security blanket, it's very freeing, mentally and physically. it's amazing how much hair weighs.
    it's too bad i don't have any digital pics from when i shaved my head -- need to dig those up. this is after it'd grown out.

the fro is eternal

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I need to do something with my hair. But it really can't be shorter than chin length, it looks awful short.

My sister has had bangs cut in and it looks super good on her, and she and I have a similar facial structure/features, BUT she is 13 and super skinny, so she may be pulling it off for those reasons.

I don't know.

Also, I totally need some of the not-primer stuff @Vivixenne uses. Whatever that is!

@pooka, I like that! I just don't think I could rock a pixie.

@janson, I think I've recommended monistat anti-chafing gel for a primer to you before but I'm not sure if viv uses it too!

Yess! That was it. Thank you!

edited January 2012
    Liiya wrote:
    That looks really nice, pooka. Everyone has very nice hair!
    thanks, Liiya! i'm getting to the point where i want to chop it all off again, but i'd like to wait until it warms up, this time.

i love playing with my hair, and though i distinctly remember this being a pain in the ass to accomplish, i'm kinda tempted to do it again.
    rainbowhair.jpg
    it doesn't show all the colors, but taking that picture was fun.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
    Yesss coloured hair!

I loved my purple hair but it was such a pain to maintain

Mysst wrote:
    pooka wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    the fro is eternal
    hey, my first boyfriend had (has, currently, i just checked) a glorious fro, and he's shaved his head more than once. that said, you rock that thing.

lfchwLd.jpg
    I'm a bit tired with my current look, but I dunno what to change, really.
    I normally get it highlighted, which is fine and all, but it's no longer really that unusual.
    Ideas?

nevillexmassig1.png
    I know I should wash my face twice a day

But I find it so much easier to wash my face in the shower than to do it at the sink

So usually only do it once a day

My grandmother is one of those 'only splash your face with water' types, and she has amaaaaazing skin at 90.

Fortunately I have somewhat inherited her genes, except now pregnancy hormones have affected me awfully, and my skin's all horrid around my chin. Boooo.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I want to die my hair blue, but I get the feeling people that are important like job interviewees would judge me in the wrong way

Jars wrote:
    I want to die my hair blue, but I get the feeling people that are important like job interviewees would judge me in the wrong way

Depends on your industry.
    Games industry hell no.
    We're as varied and decorated as chefs; nobody gives a crap.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    @Erics: this isn't a cure but it will help with oiliness:

Calomine lotion

or

Milk of Magnesia

both can be worn at night like a mask, or applied thinly in the morning (rub away residual whiteness). Both stop oil in its tracks. I have no idea how. But it works. I actually had to stop using the milk of magnesia in the winter because my skin was becoming parched for oil. I still use the calomine lotion in the summer though (calomine is also good for inflammation).

Diluted hydrogen peroxide to kill acne germs: it is too strong to use daily but I use it before and after a waxing session because otherwise I break out.

Olive oil as face lotion: sounds crazy but it really worked for me, especially since it is a single ingredient. Buy cold-pressed virgin olive oil, slather it across your skin, give it a minute to sink in, then splash with water to lift excess oil, and towel dry your face.

Set up an account with Makeupalley.com or Acne.org where you can read reviews on various products. I fucking love makeupalley for skincare reviews. Either way, you will end up hearing about a lot of stuff you'd have never known could even work for acne. I tried a bunch of things and ultimately it turns out my hormones were shit and I needed to be eating estrogen and had to stop wearing makeup with certain common ingredients, however I did learn about a lot of products that did help my skin in other ways.

Make sure your hair shampoo isn't irritating your skin. This happened to me.

If the water in your area is hard water that could also be messing up your skin.

Buy oil blotting sheets to mop up excess oil. Consider getting a translucent powder to lightly apply over your skin in the morning to absorb the oil.

LADIES YOU CAN ALSO USE CALOMINE LOTION AS EYESHADOW PRIMER. I DONT BUY EYESHADOW PRIMER ANYMORE SINCE CALOMINE LOTION WORKS JUST AS WELL AND IS SO MUCH CHEAPER. ALSO IT WORKS AS A FOUNDATION PRIMER.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    no I do desktop work and support mostly

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I've been told I look like a young Gibbs from NCIS with my current haircut

I dunno if that's a good thing or not

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    neville wrote:
    Jars wrote:

Games industry hell no.

If you go on an interview with a firm you take out anything that doesn't make you look kinda bland unless it's special circumstances

• Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    I fantasize about having perfect, clear skin daily. I feel like I'll always have acne. Lame. That's what makeup is for I guess!

I love Gibbs but he has a terrible haircut

Sorry Zen

neville wrote:
    Jars wrote:

Games industry hell no.

If you go on an interview with a firm you take out anything that doesn't make you look kinda bland unless it's special circumstances

Yeah, like I said, depends on industry.
    My old roommate works at Disney (corporate) and she has 2 sleeves and they said she'd have to wear long sleeves if she goes to the park ever while working.

D u m bbbbb

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

So you look like a young Mark Harmon?

There's a reason they have rules like that

Whether or not you like them

Sheri wrote:

Sorry Zen

It's a good "business asshole" haircut

And it's not identical

Keith wrote:

I've been told that yeah

Sheri wrote:

Sorry Zen

It's a good "business asshole" haircut

And it's not identical

Good

Cuz his is like a really short bowl cut or something.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Keith wrote:

I've been told that yeah

You uh...

you wanna go out some time?

Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:

I've been told that yeah

You uh...

you wanna go out some time?

Man I wish I had time

This discussion has been closed.