As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Everyone is Fabulous [makeup and skincare] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    I've been told I look like a young Gibbs from NCIS with my current haircut

I dunno if that's a good thing or not

So you look like a young Mark Harmon?

I've been told that yeah

You uh...

you wanna go out some time?

Man I wish I had time

alright let's just cyber

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I'm entering the matrix now...

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    SEE THIS, THE MATRIX

I NOW POSSESS THAT WHICH YOU MOST FEAR

Antimatter on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Beauty thread! :o

Lush + Beauty Without Cruelty for lyfe

I'm having shampoo issues though, sulfate sensitivity is making it tough to find something that doesn't make my scalp freak the fuck out. Been trying to conditioner-wash a couple times a week, but I always end up a greaseball at the end of the day when I do

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    @janson, I think I've recommended monistat anti-chafing gel for a primer to you before but I'm not sure if viv uses it too!

I got some in from the US and I am enjoying it so far!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Sara Lynn wrote:
    I fantasize about having perfect, clear skin daily. I feel like I'll always have acne. Lame. That's what makeup is for I guess!

I don't get very bad acne but pimples do pop up frequently thanks to my oily T-zone

but they have pretty much stopped since I got the Lush spot treatment - Grease Lightning

I dab it wherever I think a pimple might be coming in and I seriously have not had one since using it

edited January 2012
    Usagi wrote:
    Beauty thread! :o

Lush + Beauty Without Cruelty for lyfe

I'm having shampoo issues though, sulfate sensitivity is making it tough to find something that doesn't make my scalp freak the fuck out. Been trying to conditioner-wash a couple times a week, but I always end up a greaseball at the end of the day when I do

Aveda makes 4 WONDERFUL sulfate-free shampoos (3 of which are for ladies: Scalp Beneifts Balancing Shampoo, Damage Remedy Restructuring Shampoo, Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo) that I would use more often if they weren't so hard to find in Perth

try their Scalp Benefits one... it's sulfate free AND it will clear up any problems that other shampoos caused to your scalp

when I started using it my scalp was so flaky it was like I had REALLY bad dandruff, and frequently it would itch so bad that it would bleed when I scratched it

gross

but yeah one bottle of Scalp Benefits later and it's just gone

Vivixenne on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Viv did ya see my thing about calamine lotion as eyeshadow primer? It really works.

I have been thinking about makeup throughout the day because of this thread and I think I am gonna give a pressed powder foundation a try. I really only need foundation on a few places, to cover up acne scars and for oiliness: forehead, nose, that area around the nose beneath the eyes. I don't really get oily anywhere else and everywhere else is fortunately pretty clear.

I really like the way my skin looks like with foundation but aside from those areas I don't really need it that badly and I figure I could do with only applying a powder foundation where I need it and leave everything else bare.

Originally I thought I would buy new foundation and a powder but if I just buy powder I can save money~

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    ugh yes beauty thread!!

I'm pretty lucky with foundation. My skin is so pale I barely even need to test, just grab the whitest foundation there is. Right now I'm just using a mineral powder for a foundation though, from a smaller brand called Stript my salon sells.

I made the mistake of going to Sephora before Christmas though to shop for other people, and wound up getting a bunch of eyeshadows for myself at the same time. That place is pretty much a lady candy store, I end up spending a stupid amount of money whenever I go in. I love love looooove this Stila eyeshadow/blush/contouring powder pallet I got:

a5da782e62e99166_stila-holiday-palette.jpg

I also got a pretty awesome 3-look eyeshadow pack from Too Faced in Romantic. I've been pretty much using that for an everyday look since, especially because it came with some walkthroughs (I am still AWFUL at pairing colours without either Youtube or a walkthrough to tell me how to do it).

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    I've worn mascara before

(thanks to @Sassori and her friend)

I would totally put on makeup if I knew how to

I just want my guests to have fun while you're here.

Sassori wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    I've worn mascara before

Did I look like I had fun?

• Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    Good skin is so fucking hot.

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I don't have foundation because I have a terrible time trying to match it to my skin color - it's radically different from summer to winter, and if I so much as spend half an hour in the sun it changes (despite my frequent and obsessive application of moisturizer with spf and sunblock).

Good skin is so fucking hot.

covered in hair

Viv did ya see my thing about calamine lotion as eyeshadow primer? It really works.

yeah you've told me about this before on Tinychat

I told you before - calamine lotion is impossible to find here in Australia

the only calamine lotion I am familiar with is bright pink!

ok

going to try to do my Australia Day eye makeup

wish me luck

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    I don't have foundation because I have a terrible time trying to match it to my skin color - it's radically different from summer to winter, and if I so much as spend half an hour in the sun it changes (despite my frequent and obsessive application of moisturizer with spf and sunblock).

one of the few benefits of having ginger skin

you are either bright red or glow in the dark white

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    Sassori wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    I've worn mascara before

Not really.

You looked really bored. But your eyes were dramatically emphasized by the mascara which made you boredom all the more clear.

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    the only calamine lotion I am familiar with is bright pink!

Make sure you are thinking of calamine lotion and not caladryl. Caladryl is pink. When looking for a calamine lotion look for one with as few ingredients as possible. I use Humco. You shake the bottle, and drop some of the lotion onto your fingers which you pat onto your eyelid and wait to dry. You wear the eyeshadow over it so the lotion's color isn't an issue. Even if you apply the eyeshadows wet it still works! Lasts all day for me and I have deep set eyes and oily lids.

Vivixenne wrote:
    Aveda makes 4 WONDERFUL sulfate-free shampoos (3 of which are for ladies: Scalp Beneifts Balancing Shampoo, Damage Remedy Restructuring Shampoo, Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo) that I would use more often if they weren't so hard to find in Perth

try their Scalp Benefits one... it's sulfate free AND it will clear up any problems that other shampoos caused to your scalp

when I started using it my scalp was so flaky it was like I had REALLY bad dandruff, and frequently it would itch so bad that it would bleed when I scratched it

gross

but yeah one bottle of Scalp Benefits later and it's just gone

Oh nifty, thanks Viv! I wonder if they sell it at Sephora or if I'll actually have to brave the mall

edited January 2012
    Vivixenne wrote:
    ok

going to try to do my Australia Day eye makeup

wish me luck

so this was mostly a fun experiment

and yes I know my eyebrows are chaos - getting them threaded next week yay

but yeah what do you think?
    photo-1.jpg

photo.jpg

I like it but I reckon the green could be a lot greener... as it is the green e/s I used wasn't very pigmented

(for those not in the know, Australia's national colors are green and gold, hence the color choices)

Vivixenne on
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    I really like the noise that makeup makes when it clacks together. It gets me really excited. Like when I'm watching a beauty youtuber and she's pulling out crap and it's all CLACKITY CLACK.

I'm weird.

Maybe I'll take pics of my makeup collection on Friday! That would be fun.

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Sara Lynn wrote:
    I fantasize about having perfect, clear skin daily. I feel like I'll always have acne. Lame. That's what makeup is for I guess!

I don't get very bad acne but pimples do pop up frequently thanks to my oily T-zone

but they have pretty much stopped since I got the Lush spot treatment - Grease Lightning

I dab it wherever I think a pimple might be coming in and I seriously have not had one since using it

Since I've now actually gone to Lush, this is super helpful and I'll probably buy some next trip

• Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    I wish I could find a perfume that I liked. It doesn't help that Annie doesn't really like it, and I feel like it's not as fun to wear it if your guy isn't all "oo baby you smell like a field or some shit, come here." Maybe I'll go sneak off to the mall by myself sometime soon and go smell some smellies.

yeah I think the green could stand to be greener but I am liking the color combo

yeah I think the green could stand to be greener but I am liking the color combo

It could be greener on the other eye

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Sassori wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Sassori wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    I've worn mascara before

Not really.

You looked really bored. But your eyes were dramatically emphasized by the mascara which made you boredom all the more clear.

Keith always looks really bored. It is just his face.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    Viv the transition on your eyes is stunning, I love it

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I love how warm the gold is on your skin!

• ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    HOW DID I MISS THE MAKEUP THREAD FOR SIX PAGES!?!

This stuff is heaven:

P254911_hero.jpg

It's body glitter without being body glitter. The glitter is so fine that you shimmer like a damn illusion. God yes.

Anything by Tarina Tarantino is ace.

EyQGd.jpg
    Janson wrote: »
    Yesss coloured hair!

I loved my purple hair but it was such a pain to maintain

(A whole page later)

This.

I did my whole head purple. Oh my god.

Now I just stick to my bangs. I can bleach them to end all and it won't matter because they're getting cut soon.

God I love my purple hair.

Except for the fact that I'm recognizable now anytime I go somewhere twice. I really hate that.

EyQGd.jpg
    I can teach you how to blend in

I had a tiny strip of slightly-redder-browner hair for a little while, it was cute but I couldn't imagine dealing with it on a regular basis!

Dealing with red hair on a regular basis is tiring :(

Yeah, I haven't kept up with the half-red look, it's a pain in the ass to sit with henna on it for 4 hours at a time

pretty eyeshadow, viv!

I'd probably have to bleach the shit out of my hair to dye it.

also random question, does everyone part their hair the same way all the time?

From what I understand it is not recommended because it contributes to hair loss, or at least makes it more annoying to comb the other way

My secret hairdying routing is as follows:

·Purchase Splat haircolor, no other will do. (Ok, I've not tried many others, but Splat has never failed me and it washes out of fabric)
    ·Cover every surface of your apartment bathroom with old towels.
    ·Bleach bangs, rinse, let bangs air dry
    ·Cover all hair except bangs with plastic bag.
    ·Clip bangs back
    ·Smear face with this recipe: 1 tsp powdered gelatin, 1.5 tsp milk, mixed and microwaved for 15 seconds
    ·Wait for mask to dry. This is going to prevent colored spotches of dye all over your face because fuck petroleum jelly
    ·Paint bangs. Wear gloves and use a highlighting brush. Make sure bangs are thoroughly saturated.
    ·Brush bangs straight back over the plastic bag.
    ·Cover head with another plastic bag. The idea is to sandwich bangs between plastic while protecting the rest of your hair from dye.
    ·Peel most of the mask from your face.

·Go to bed. Have the worst sleep ever. Make sure you use a pillowcase you don't care about just in case (though I've never had this problem). Trust me, it's going to be worth the crick in your neck.

·Rinse in the morning. If everything went as expected, your bangs should still be damp with dye.

·Enjoy the compliments.

EyQGd.jpg
    pretty eyeshadow, viv!

I'd probably have to bleach the shit out of my hair to dye it.

also random question, does everyone part their hair the same way all the time?

I do. It might vary an inch or two, but yeah, same part everyday.

Mainly because my bangs are cut at an angle up towards the part.
    And also because under stress, I develop a quart-sized bald patch that's covered by a side part.

EyQGd.jpg
This discussion has been closed.