As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone is Fabulous [makeup and skincare] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Okay so I put on some makeup for the first time in months; it may be 9 pm and I'm at home but I wanted to feel pretty (and test out Rolo's eyeliners) and hooooly shit is my skin bad, it's not so much that I've broken out, but it is sooo bumpy and not smooth.

Anyway I would appreciate hair opinions so I may post photos regardless.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    pretty eyeshadow, viv!

I'd probably have to bleach the shit out of my hair to dye it.

also random question, does everyone part their hair the same way all the time?

Yep, like Marg said, it might vary an inch or two but on the same side every day

• Options
    I don't part it as such; for the first 18 years of my life I had a left side parting, though. Now I usually have my glasses back on my head (desk job) and then it falls to a centerish parting when my glasses are down.

• Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Pretty Grooming thread:

Anyone home bleach their teeth? Do you have a product recommendation that won't make me throw up?

Because those Crest strips make me throw up unless I literally make a ball gag out of a washcloth and stuff it in my laugh hole for the entire duration of the strip time.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I almost always part my hair on the left, but i just parted it in the middle and it looks/feels so different!

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    Margarazzi wrote:
    Pretty Grooming thread:

Anyone home bleach their teeth? Do you have a product recommendation that won't make me throw up?

Because those Crest strips make me throw up unless I literally make a ball gag out of a washcloth and stuff it in my laugh hole for the entire duration of the strip time.

I used the Crest strips :x They have a specialty whitening toothpaste that works pretty well too, though!

• Options
    Never could figure out why : + x makes an angry face

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I use arm and hammer whitening toothpaste and a few people have commented on how white my teeth are (although I don't think they are freakishly glow-in-the-dark white or anything)

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    man I am totally wanting to smell pretty but dang if perfumes dont cost $texas, and you really need to be able to smell them and test them before purchasing.

• Options
    Oh and also make a habit out of drinking flouridiated water if you can

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    I went off accutane and my skin went right back to being shit.

Damnit!

• Options
    Oh and also make a habit out of drinking flouridiated water if you can

Hmm, I wonder if there's a way to test your own tap water for that.

To the googlemobile

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    man I am totally wanting to smell pretty but dang if perfumes dont cost $texas, and you really need to be able to smell them and test them before purchasing.

Pssst, go to www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com and order a few of their imp's ears (samplers)

• Options
    Janson wrote: »

Pssst, go to www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com and order a few of their imp's ears (samplers)

NO!!! I try so hard to forget about them.

There goes all my money =(

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    Good skin is so fucking hot.

covered in hair

No, it should be completely bare and not hidden.

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    the only calamine lotion I am familiar with is bright pink!

Make sure you are thinking of calamine lotion and not caladryl. Caladryl is pink. When looking for a calamine lotion look for one with as few ingredients as possible. I use Humco. You shake the bottle, and drop some of the lotion onto your fingers which you pat onto your eyelid and wait to dry. You wear the eyeshadow over it so the lotion's color isn't an issue. Even if you apply the eyeshadows wet it still works! Lasts all day for me and I have deep set eyes and oily lids.

I am really going to have to try this.

• Options
    I'm quite fond of cologne and perfumes (as long as people aren't doused in them), but there's one that my bossman wears sometimes that is AMAZING. If he stands still for two seconds, I can smell it from 10 feet away (but in a good way).

I don't know if it's full of pheromones or what, but it drives me nuts. I need to figure out what it is and make some other guy wear it to see if it has the same affect.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    Okay, purple liner @Rolo:
    purple_liner.png

It is a rather fabulous shade of purple! The only problem was I think I got too much moisturiser near my lids, or perhaps I should've primed, because it was not gliding on smoothly at all (it was, however, going very smoothly on my hand!)

And hair, I stood under the kitchen light at just the right angle to give a filter effect and banish the huge circles under my eyes and the bad skin (to spare you all):
    glasses_hair.png

and without glasses:

noglasses_hair.png

Ugh I am afraid I am going to have to chop a significant length off just to get non-split ends. But I am wondering if I could pull off bangs.

• Options
    Margarazzi wrote:

NO!!! I try so hard to forget about them.

There goes all my money =(

Heh heh heh

Actually the three Mori got me for my birthday I haven't used in ages, as for a long time I couldn't tolerate strong smells

I'll have to start wearing them again! :D

• Options
    edited January 2012
    HOLY CRAP YOURE GORGEOUS.

I mean, I haven't perved on your Facebook so I haven't taken a close look at you before now.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options

One of my favorite parfumers is Le Labo, and they let you order small samples for like $5-10 each

I'm wearing Oud right now, and it's my favorite so far

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    I usually do some kinda part on the left -> middle, but lately I've just been letting it do w/e :rotate:

@Janson nice! Really makes your eyes pop

• Options
    Janson wrote:

Ok, I've been to their site a bunch intending to buy things, but get so turned off by how hard it is to navigate that I haven't actually bought anything

Tell me @Janson, which scents are your favorites?

• Options
    @janson, I think you could pull off bangs! maybe try something like this to see what bangs might look like? (excuse the website, it just came up when i googled for hairstyle generators.)

http://www.seventeen.com/beauty/salon-virtual-makeover

I've wanted bangs for a while but everyone is so skeptical of them with curly hair.

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Janson you are purty.

I have heard of blackpheonixalchemy labs. It is just so intimidating getting into perfumes.

• Options
    @Margarazzi thanks, and what do you mean, have you not seen my purple hair album (go and look at my purple hair album). But generally I hate photos of me because I tend to get a double chin unless the lighting is just so.

@Skettios thanks! I think so too! I can't do lighter colours very well, but I can sure do purple.

@Usagi, considering how dang many there are, I haven't tried that many! But from a few samples I got I found vanilla/darker scents work well on my skin, so I bought and have liked Hunger, Spellbound and Door.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Margarazzi wrote:
    Pretty Grooming thread:

I used dental whitening. It was 2 molds that you put whitening gel in. there was no taste. I don't know how this fits into your price range or whatever, or how permanent the whitening is yet but at the moment it looks pretty good

Jars on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Beauty thread! :o

Lush + Beauty Without Cruelty for lyfe

I'm having shampoo issues though, sulfate sensitivity is making it tough to find something that doesn't make my scalp freak the fuck out. Been trying to conditioner-wash a couple times a week, but I always end up a greaseball at the end of the day when I do

tumblr_ll43ixAW6v1qhiwv6o1_400.png

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    @bowtiedseal I shall check out that site!

And this is kind of what I want: http://images.rebelsanctuary.com/galleries/people/1z2sgtyt.jpg BUT like I say, that's my 13 year old sister, I don't know if I can necessarily pull off a 13 year old's hair. ;)

Also @Usagi and @Muse Among Men, they do have pretty good forums where people rate and test the different scents, and if you know of any particular scents that suit you it might be worth doing a search to see what others have recommended as being similar.

• Options
    @Margarazzi thanks, and what do you mean, have you not seen my purple hair album (go and look at my purple hair album). But generally I hate photos of me because I tend to get a double chin unless the lighting is just so.

No, I haven't looked through your photos!! I have to change that.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    oh you could totally pull those off! I was thinking blunt bangs.

• Options
    okay denizens of SE++ familiar with my face/hair, can I manage this haircut? and it's bugging me that the model has her mouth open.
    Picture12-1.png

the last time I asked for bangs I just got the hair framing my face cut slightly shorter than the rest of my hair, which was not really what I was going for. not exactly bangs

• Options
    I say yes.

And I love curly hair!

• Options
    Janson wrote:

Also @Usagi and @Muse Among Men, they do have pretty good forums where people rate and test the different scents, and if you know of any particular scents that suit you it might be worth doing a search to see what others have recommended as being similar.

I think it might be worth going into a department store to try out various perfumes to see if there are any particular scents that I am drawn to. I think I like apricot scents?

• Options
    Definitely! Although sometimes it can be hard to tell what truly smells good in a store, because of the overall overwhelming scent.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    oh hey what's this thread about

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    well I'll be seeing myself out

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Ok, I've been playing around on http://www.fragrantica.com to find a scent.

And I'm ordering samples from http://theperfumedcourt.com because they have two French niche perfumes I want to smell.

BTW: Jennifer Aniston's scent is not good (it came as a free sample with my last Sephora order) It's.... generic.

Justin Beiber's scent is actually kind of nice. Uh... I can't think of any others off the top of my head that I like. Oh! Clinique Happy and anything by Lavanila Laboratories.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    I know a lot of people who like Clinique Happy!

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    did someone order a cool boy

This discussion has been closed.