As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone is Fabulous [makeup and skincare] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Erics wrote: »
    Sassori wrote: »
    Yes. It seemed to garner some appreciation.

I made a new Facebook friend today.

And he's a doctor.

I feel like such a success at my first Jewish outing. Isn't this what Jewish girls are supposed to aim for?

Yes, I'm pretty sure every Jewish girl's dream is to get with a doctor.

My friend told me I'm not allowed to go with her anymore. I guess I'm not a good wing-man.

I also keep missing girl hints. Like invitations to go to the bathroom together so that we can talk about the men who are waiting for us.

I'm terrible.

That is really funny.

In theory, this would make it seem like you are a better wing-man for a guy.

I'm really not that great at social interactions. I hate trying to steer the conversation but I'm willing to make small talk if someone else comes up with the topic.

Another guy asked me if my friend was single when she wasn't around. He said that she was "aloof" so he couldn't tell. I guess that just means that she wasn't being flirtatious? Because she was being chatty.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Your nails are so cool, Viv!

@Liiya did you see the photos of the Queen all dressed in black and cerise, I thought she looked lovely!

@Janson - Just googled it!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17295857

Very nice! She always has lovely hats! I love her, she is so lovely.

• Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    Kate looks terrible in that pic.

t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Silmaril wrote: »
    Kate looks terrible in that pic.

I look forward to your beauty column in The Mirror.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Stop reading that rag, Ed.

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Honestly, I'm only picking it up for Sil's tips on looking my best. And his agony aunt column! So much good advice.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Sil's Sassy Spring Styles, every Tuesday.

• Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    And now with full colour supplement!

t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    never crass, just sass

• Options
    Matey wrote: »
    never crass, just sass

I'm always crass.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Sass, all crass?

guys I have been using just conditioner lately and it has made my hair feel thicker. hair is weird

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    Matey wrote: »
    never crass, just sass

I'm always crass.

you and me both, sister

• Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular

And he's a doctor.

I feel like such a success at my first Jewish outing. Isn't this what Jewish girls are supposed to aim for?

My friend told me I'm not allowed to go with her anymore. I guess I'm not a good wing-man.

I also keep missing girl hints. Like invitations to go to the bathroom together so that we can talk about the men who are waiting for us.

I'm terrible.

That is really funny.

I'm really not that great at social interactions. I hate trying to steer the conversation but I'm willing to make small talk if someone else comes up with the topic.

Another guy asked me if my friend was single when she wasn't around. He said that she was "aloof" so he couldn't tell. I guess that just means that she wasn't being flirtatious? Because she was being chatty.

Sounds to me like she needs to step up her game and not blame it on her wing-man. B)

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I am way too polite to be crass.

Pretty much got all the sass.

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
  • Options
    bein crass just means you got crazy sass

• Options

And he's a doctor.

I'm terrible.

That is really funny.

Sounds to me like she needs to step up her game and not blame it on her wing-man. B)

Agreed.

I just had to help the silly girl write a response back to him while they attempt to set up a date. She wanted me to go with but I refused. I am not going to be her chaperone.

• Options

And he's a doctor.

I'm terrible.

That is really funny.

Agreed.

I just had to help the silly girl write a response back to him while they attempt to set up a date. She wanted me to go with but I refused. I am not going to be her chaperone.

How old is she? Like, is this the first date she's ever had with a guy?

fabulousFantastic.png
  • Options

And he's a doctor.

I'm terrible.

That is really funny.

Agreed.

How old is she? Like, is this the first date she's ever had with a guy?

She's 22 and I'm 24. And she has had at three long-term relationships in the four years I've known her.

And it's kind of annoying because she was so "meh" about the guy last night but in retrospect it might have been a pretend lack of interest because she assumed he was more interested in me. She made the joke that she wasn't taking me to these things anymore and that I should have sent all Jewish doctors her way.

But I've also had a shitty day today so I think everyone is just sort of aggravating me today.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    awesome to hear you did well though, Sass!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Thanks Viv!

I felt rather proud of myself. I certainly wouldn't want to go alone to something like that so I was glad to have a friend. But I still managed to be social and make friends.

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    well done, sassori!

I think this look makes this random person's brown eyes look really pretty, but I don't know if I can pull it off! and I don't love how heavy the mascara is.
    Picture16-4.png

in other news, I think I will try a new lush face mask soon! leaning towards bb seaweed or catastrophe cosmetic.

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I've never been able to do a smokey eye that looks good on me, I feel like a lot of the smokey looks I see are done on white women and those same colors wont work on me.

• Options
    yeah I'm starting to find colors look a lot different on my skin than I think they will

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I find that a lot of grays end up looking blueish against my skin :/

as such I normally do a sparkly brown eye for when I want to be dressy because that seems to work well.

• Options
    I need to learn how to perfect a smoky eye.

I should also invest in a liquid eyeliner then, yes?

I see a lot of frustrated cursing in my future and smudged makeup!

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Also there are a lot of light tricks going on to make the eyes look that great

• Options
    yeah I figured it wasn't all makeup!

I am getting sort of better with eyeliner, mostly thanks to this thread. hurray

• Options
    Anyone here use brow powder or brow pencils? My brows grow like weeds but they aren't as dark as my head-hair so I think brow powder/pencil might work. My head-hair is black with browny-red tint in the sunlight. So I don't know what color or formulation I should get.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I'm a brow powder + clear gel devotee, Muse. It took me a while to find a color that worked for me (blond hair, darkdark eyebrows) but I went one Saturday to Sephora and basically tried on every eyebrow powder in the store

• Options
    But guys! According to that yahoo article smokey eyes are huge turnoffs. :bz

fabulousFantastic.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I need to learn how to perfect a smoky eye.

I should also invest in a liquid eyeliner then, yes?

I see a lot of frustrated cursing in my future and smudged makeup!

don't feel too pressured into getting liquid liner; it definitely IS the trickiest to apply and you really only need it for super dramatic looks that require a precise and defined line

I would personally recommend on working with gel liner, particularly if you want a good smokey eye - you will find most of these looks involve a pencil or gel liner being smudged and smoked into the eyeshadow rather than requiring a defined eyeline

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Have any of you guys tried any of the bunny butt stuff that smells like birthday cake? How is that?

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Anyone here use brow powder or brow pencils? My brows grow like weeds but they aren't as dark as my head-hair so I think brow powder/pencil might work. My head-hair is black with browny-red tint in the sunlight. So I don't know what color or formulation I should get.

I usually use a Maybelline brow pencil to change my brow color, but this last time I touched up my roots I did my brows, too, even though you're not supposed to. I am not recommending that because of the risk of injury to your eyes; I'm just really lazy (and irresponsible, I guess).

The brow pencil works pretty well, though, and has a much lower risk of blinding you. The one I have also comes with a grooming-watchacallit on the other end. (The brow brush that looks like a mascara wand.)

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Have any of you guys tried any of the bunny butt stuff that smells like birthday cake? How is that?

Not the cake stuff, but both the pirate scent and the lemongrass scent have a strong undercurrent of chocolate smell (I guess from the cocoa butter?)

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    I'm a brow powder + clear gel devotee, Muse. It took me a while to find a color that worked for me (blond hair, darkdark eyebrows) but I went one Saturday to Sephora and basically tried on every eyebrow powder in the store

Ya, that's basically what I did.
    Except I had one of the employees help me out.

I don't use the gel stuff though. Wondering if I should or not. Felt funny when I tried it though :?

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    How long are eyebrows supposed to be?

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I use a brow pencil. For me I like to choose a shade that's one shade lighter than my hair, otherwise I think it looks too dark and unnatural. The idea is to give the illusion of my eyebrow being thicker and fuller than it is, not really darker.

I've not tried the birthday cake bunny butt scent, no!

• Options
    edited March 2012
    And now I'm looking at bunny butt again.

Thanks guys.

Sassori on
  • Options
    I don't think the name Bunny Butt is ever not going to be funny to me.

fabulousFantastic.png
  • Options
    That's it. Now I'm going to buy things.

Damn it.

This discussion has been closed.