As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Everyone is Fabulous [makeup and skincare] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Yessss

I do need to place another order myself!

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    You should PM me your username on Etsy and I will mention you in my comments saying you recommended me to their shop.

Maybe you'll get a discount or some free stuff when you place your next order.

• MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    Guess what? Bunny butt.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Lotion that skin

yeah boy

mmm

lotion

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I can't do smokey eyes either, I'm too pale, I'd look like I'd been given a smack in both eyes!

I had a hair disaster yesterday and was freaking out. My hairdresser (who comes to the house, has done my hair for years) was in a rush/distracted and I let her go after she'd finished it pretty quickly, assuming that she'd done it as normal and fine. Nope - after it'd dried she'd missed doing a big wedge of my hair with it usual layers making it look flat and really looked stupid because it was so heavy it kept swinging to the front of my face.

I should have been less trusting of her, I won't do that again! Thank Christ I work next door to a hairdresser's, and the chap who owns it added them in and it looks nice again - phew! He's done a fantastic job and he's lovely, I would go to him all the time now but sadly he's leaving and selling the shop in May :( On the bright side, I learned my lesson and that I can trust other hairdressers to do a good job too.

Sassori wrote: »
    You should PM me your username on Etsy and I will mention you in my comments saying you recommended me to their shop.

Maybe you'll get a discount or some free stuff when you place your next order.

Sure! And no need to PM - it is racheljanson (which I use pretty much everywhere)

I was thinking of doing this for Sheri when I order soaps, if I can ever decide where to order soaps from!

Hmm, if we can't have a repeat make-up thread, perhaps we should start an etsy thread...
    Liiya wrote: »
    I can't do smokey eyes either, I'm too pale, I'd look like I'd been given a smack in both eyes!

I had a hair disaster yesterday and was freaking out. My hairdresser (who comes to the house, has done my hair for years) was in a rush/distracted and I let her go after she'd finished it pretty quickly, assuming that she'd done it as normal and fine. Nope - after it'd dried she'd missed doing a big wedge of my hair with it usual layers making it look flat and really looked stupid because it was so heavy it kept swinging to the front of my face.

I should have been less trusting of her, I won't do that again! Thank Christ I work next door to a hairdresser's, and the chap who owns it added them in and it looks nice again - phew! He's done a fantastic job and he's lovely, I would go to him all the time now but sadly he's leaving and selling the shop in May :( On the bright side, I learned my lesson and that I can trust other hairdressers to do a good job too.

Aw! I'm glad you managed to get it fixed. Ugh, my hair needs so badly to be cut...

I hate that feeling of "it needs to be cut, I can FEEL it needs to be cut".

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Since we are almost to the end of the thread, what do you think we should do about more beauty threads? Should we make another as soon as it we can, should we give the topic a rest for a few weeks, or should we make a similar thread about a different topic we can all occupy?

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I vote for a new beauty thread ASAP.

The downside of having my hair so short is it needs a trim already. It's only been a month! At least I have a coupon.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
    I still have 7 of those 10 eyeshadows to try out! Not to mention I haven't even placed my NYX order yet. So I'll definitely be needing more opinions!

I would like another too, Muse. I've really enjoyed this one.

• MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »

The downside of having my hair so short is it needs a trim already. It's only been a month! At least I have a coupon.

I go through a cycle where I'll keep buzzing my head

then decide to let it grow out

but then I get tired of paying 15-20 dollars every 2 weeks to maintain it

so I start bic'ing it

then I get tired of being bald

and I start buzzing my head

the cycle continues

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    short hair on girls makes them look like younger boys which is kind of awkward for me. but that's just my opinion

I used to not like the whole "short hair on girls" thing

but what I define as "beautiful" has broadened significantly over the last 5 years

and I dig it now

I think it depends on the girl really, some girls look great with short hair!

• EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Yes, another beauty thread would be rad. Referring to it as a beauty thread would be a lot better than makeup/skincare as well, cause we refer to plenty of other topics like hair/clothing/etc.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I went to the mall today and used the forever 21 gift card I got for christmas to get a summer dress. I walked by the MAC/laura mercier counters in nordstrom and chickened out on asking for advice on makeup (still have a gift card there too!).

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    A lot of girls look really cute with short hair and I find it incredibly attractive on the right person.

But overall, I prefer very long hair.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Haircuts today! Will post pics tomorrow after I get my first wash/style in

Thinking about henna'ing the bottom half again, I haven't done it in ages and the short stack back would look really good red

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    A lot of girls look really cute with short hair and I find it incredibly attractive on the right person.

But overall, I prefer very long hair.

Same here. My wife had short hair when I first met her but I'm so glad she's grown it out quite a bit since then.

JtgVX0H.png
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Long hair is a huge pain in the ass though

Don't miss is a bit

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I like drawing long hair but it looks really bad on me, like it overwhelms my face. Normally I let it grow about shoulder length for the cold months and lop it off when it gets warm. Right now it is past shoulder length (like, armpit length) and I really really don't like it but have to wait a few weeks till I return home so I can cut it.

I hate when you lean forward and then your hair falls into your field of vision, especially when you are eating.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    it is which is why I keep my hair cropped short(but I'm a guy), but it doesn't have to be super long to not look like a boy.

like emma watson. I get the feeling she cut off all her hair to reduce the number of stalkers she had.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    she actually gave all the hair she's been cutting to her stalkers

cutting it into little stalkable chunks

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    short hair on girls makes them look like younger boys which is kind of awkward for me. but that's just my opinion

WRONG

Matey wrote: »
    I used to not like the whole "short hair on girls" thing

but what I define as "beautiful" has broadened significantly over the last 5 years

and I dig it now

Hey sailor :winky:

edited March 2012
    Also I want everyone to know that the red sparkly polish I posted a few days go is a pain in the ASS to get off

But now I am dark purple on the nails and light blue on my toes

Sheri on
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Okay I was going to order me some Bunny Butt today.

And now the deodorant is offline/sold.

Etsy is telling me not to spend money.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Matey wrote: »

I go through a cycle where I'll keep buzzing my head

then decide to let it grow out

but then I get tired of paying 15-20 dollars every 2 weeks to maintain it

so I start bic'ing it

then I get tired of being bald

and I start buzzing my head

the cycle continues

Spend $30 on a trimmer set. Buzz it yourself forever. Reap the profits.

I might never grow my hair long again. I love having it short.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
    I might never grow my hair long again. I love having it short.

You and me both sister

• skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm trying to grow mine longer
    Not really sure why, just am. Maybe curiosity? Haven't had it long since high school.
    Need to go in for a trim soon, and to even it out. I was doing the whole longer in front thing with my shorter hair. Should probably have it go the other way with longer.

skettios on
    I love the idea and look of short hair but man it does not suit me in the slightest

It 100% depends on the person

I would never recommend short hair for everyone

It is so comfortable! But yeah, it is one of those things that doesn't work for everyone.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • StareosarusStareosarus Mrs. Lady Smart Hero FloridaRegistered User regular
    Sheri looks *awesome* with short hair!

I used to have short hair. But I have a round face, and happy relationship weight went to my face (and everywhere else), so it's even rounder. Short hair would NOT be a good look for me.

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    this is a great blog post going over all the hunger games nail colors

http://www.valerievanity.com/?p=1568

I love basically all of them when she layers white cap on top - I think my favorite is stone cold

IMG_1607-1024x682.jpg

kQwcZLJ.png
  • DakataDakata Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    It 100% depends on the person

I would never recommend short hair for everyone

A factor to consider would be face shape.

"Life is a storm my young friend, you will bask in the sunlight one moment be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes."
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    oh man, I must find that color. I've been looking for a matte sparkly light grey for a few months!

I wear sinful colors secret admirer (darker sparkly grey) all the time and I would looove to have a lighter version

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    I just ordered it on amazon, bits (I don't trust my local sally beauty to actually carry the hunger games line)

http://www.amazon.com/China-Glaze-Hunger-Specialty-Colour/dp/B007737F3I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331426852&sr=8-1

kQwcZLJ.png
This discussion has been closed.